Florenc 41 Reviews

Sokolovska 41, PRAGUE, Prague, Czech Republic

Always when in Prague, I stay here, excellent place and the location is just perfect.

I was a bit confused in the beginning when I arrived, I had expected the complete building to be a hostel. Instead I found a normal apartment building with not much indicating that I had arrived at the right place. Well, turns out that Florenc 41 consists of several apartments in that house and the owner, Mr Novak, rents them out to travelers. I only stayed for one night, and enjoyed the quiet, private atmosphere. The location is very convenient, as it is very close to most sights.

The landlord was really friendly!

• 8th Oct 2014

However it's not like a hostel, it's more like a private apartment. Location is perfect but room feels old, cheap and nasty. Kitchen is not available as shown in the images and also not included sink. So in this case we must washed the dishes in washbasin. If you plan to cook this is not the place for you - the kitchen consists of a hot plate and one pan. Additional no one is ever in the building except when you check in. He was also the only staff member and not present at all times.

It is more like a pension, but it is still very good. Everything is very clean, and the owner is always helpful. The rooms are big enough and very comfortable. Localization is great, it is close to the main train station, bus station and also from the old city center.

Firstly, the name hostel needs to be removed from all descriptions. This is more of a pension. There was room for just 6 people. The curtains in my room did not cover the windows so I felt exposed while sleeping. I was terrified upon arrival. I got there at midnight and a man was waiting outside the door of what seemed to be a random building. He was also the only staff member and not present at all times. The only positive was that it was right near the bus terminal for eurolines.

First point - this is not a hostel. Don't get confused. You are hiring an apartment in a guy's house. Location is awful, room feels old, cheap and nasty. Could not possibly recommend. Side note - finding the place is extremely difficult - you will not be greeted with a sign or any obvious marking that you are at a hostel. As I said, it's a private home and you will have to consult the intercom/buzzer directory at the door to work out which floor the "hostel" is on

Look... The place isn't a hostel... No one is ever in the building except when you check in and out. I highly suggest contacting the owner ahead of time and communicating your exact arrival time. Even then the check in and check out times posted are very strict. It was like renting an apartment. Sweet in some ways. Our two person private Ensuite was pretty cool. A little dirty but all hostels are a little dirty. I just think the guy needs to have a cleaning person come by fatter guests leave.

Florence 41 is very great!!!

The guy is really nice and he gave me a routine for visiting the city. However it's not like a hostel, it's more like a private apartment. But everything is ok except for the creepy old elevator. I was so afraid to fall down every single seconds. All in all, it's a nice and quiet place to stay.