Florenc 41 Reviews

Sokolovska 41, PRAGUE, Prague, Czech Republic

Firstly, the name hostel needs to be removed from all descriptions. This is more of a pension. There was room for just 6 people. The curtains in my room did not cover the windows so I felt exposed while sleeping. I was terrified upon arrival. I got there at midnight and a man was waiting outside the door of what seemed to be a random building. He was also the only staff member and not present at all times. The only positive was that it was right near the bus terminal for eurolines.

Look... The place isn't a hostel... No one is ever in the building except when you check in and out. I highly suggest contacting the owner ahead of time and communicating your exact arrival time. Even then the check in and check out times posted are very strict. It was like renting an apartment. Sweet in some ways. Our two person private Ensuite was pretty cool. A little dirty but all hostels are a little dirty. I just think the guy needs to have a cleaning person come by fatter guests leave.

Florence 41 is very great!!!

The guy is really nice and he gave me a routine for visiting the city. However it's not like a hostel, it's more like a private apartment. But everything is ok except for the creepy old elevator. I was so afraid to fall down every single seconds. All in all, it's a nice and quiet place to stay.

Big apartment. A little dirty.

Kitchen is not available as shown in the images and also it is common kitchen

• 28th May 2014
  • India

The staff is really nice and helpful. He introduced the tourist spots and plot the route carefully for me. The accommodation is value for the money. It is only about 15 minutes walk from the main attractions.

• 26th May 2014
  • Hong Kong

Florenc 41 was a bit difficult to locate at first as it is simply a unit of an apartment building, but fortunately I had contacted Jaroslav earlier to specify an arrival time. Jaroslav was such a kind man and took his time telling me all the places to see in Prague. The room was an eclectic mix of furniture, art, and colours - my friend and I had a great stay and the location was perfect.

Lovely apartment (booked the 2 bed Ensuite) with Czech decor, an amazing view (situated at 5th floor), and easy access to the city (Metro within 5 min., tram just outside the door). The host and owner, Jaroslav, was very friendly and took some time suggesting places to go and visit.

It was really a nice, clean an quiet place to stay. However, it is not a real hostel but more of an apartment which makes it a little harder to meet people. As I was travelling alone this was a shame.

Es gibt eine ganze Reihe von 1-Zimmer-Wohnungen in dem recht zentral gelegenen Haus, sodass man ungestört ist und von den anderen Gästen im Grunde nichts mitbekommt. Das Zentrum ist in nur wenigen Minuten zu Fuß zu erreichen.

• 22nd Apr 2014

Helpful and friendly owner of the hostel/pension. It was very clean, located next to the metro and supermarkets. Old town square located 20 minutes by foot.

One of best hostels i have ever been. More a hotelroom than a hostel :)

• 15th Apr 2014
  • max180
  • Austria

Stayed here for one of three nights in Prague but should have stayed here the entire time. You're about a 10 minute walk from everything and about 3 minutes from the central bus station and grocery stores. This means you're close enough to everything, but not going to be overwhelmed by crowds the second you step outside. The hostel is more like an apartment and is just an amazing value for the money. Yaroslav, the owner, has made this place a jewel in the midst of lots of valueless hostels.

Very nice place to stay! The owner was extremely nice and helpful, the accomodation comfortable and clean and the atmosphere just great and relaxing. It felt like having a room at a friend's place. The facilities could've been better but otherwise we didn't have any complaints.

It was a quiet and restful place. Some rooms have no facility to cook. The owner was helpful.

It is not like a reaal hostel.. it is more like a rented room, or a pension! The room is huge and confortable, but a little far away from the old town. There is no stove and the bathroom facilities are not that good.

Everything about the place was amazing. Two very small problems we found were that the towels that were provided to us were quite small and the shower didn't have a shower curtain, so the floor got a bit wet. Other than that, Florenc 41 was one of the best places I have ever stayed in during my travels abroad.

• 17th Feb 2014

Excellent hostel, perfect location and the owner helps you in any moment.

I really like this lovely room! the owner is very nice, he told you everything in prague! If I come here again, this place will be my firsht choice!

• 30th Jan 2014