Florentine Backpackers Hostel Reviews

10, Elifelet Street, Tel Aviv, Israel

This is a chill place to stay. People are friendly and up for meeting new people. There is a good rooftop patio to hang out on. It is close to lots of action. Try and get a room on the 2nd floor, they are newer. The older room smelt really damp.

• 18th Jul 2014

Three boys stayed 10 nights at the Florentine, accommodated brilliantly by the Florentine staff. Facilities are great, rooms are clean and roof terrace is amazing place to chill out. Staff really make the place welcoming and are the main contributing factor to the excellent atmosphere there. Have to say thanks to Maayan for putting up with us a well, and Ofcourse to Matt for being the best cook and entertainer in the whole of the Middle East. See u guys soon! The three English JP's

• 17th Jul 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Probably the most fun place to stay at. The staff are super nice and friendly. If stay longer then a 2 days you will be best friends with everyone. If you also want to chill and not drink then this is also the place for you. They have a place for relaxing and quite time. Ps internet works a charm

• 16th Jul 2014

Staying at Florentine gave me a renewed sense of trust in the goodness of people...particularly the staff who blended their roles as employees/volunteers and fellow travel lovers. I misplaced a wallet and was sure it was gone, but the staff immediately jumped to attention and literally ran through the building moving furniture aside in search. I grew even more certain the wallet was taken but the staff said, "I know my hostel. Have faith." The wallet was found. Great atmosphere/service.

Loved this place! I meant to only stay for one or two nights but ended up sticking around for a week. The staff is lovely and so helpful, they're pretty centrally located (10min walk to the beach, 15min to Jaffa clock tower), and the whole place just has a great, laid-back vibe. I met so many awesome people here, just hanging out on the rooftop! A perfect place to relax if you're travel weary.

The staff were top notch. The vibe was definitely more of a chill out party vs get really trashed and rage if that makes sense, which I appreciated. The location is a little further south than what I might have preferred but it's all about preference as it's still located very close to Jaffa among other attractions. Would go back.

I really loved the atmosphere and people in this hostel! Great place to meet other travelers from around the world! Only issues were not enough showers and bathrooms causing a long wait at certain times of day. Still I would stay here again because of the laid back and welcoming staff and guests!

• 7th Jul 2014

great atmosphere, great hostel. slept on the roof terrace 'open tent' and it was fine! helpful staff and good hostel overall. only downfall is they are constantly moving your belongings around on the roof terrace (your baggage is put up on a rack to the side), which means if you leave something for 5 minutes while you go to the toilet, the chances of ever finding it again are nill. my towel was moved and lost, as were some bathers. pretty frickin annoying to spend hours searching the hostel

When we arrived we were a little skeptical about this hostel, but after a good nights sleep the hostel community feel made us feel right at home! We made some great friends, we slept well, meals were offered at the hostel, but equally it was so easy to get everywhere by foot or cab. We had just finished our birthright trip so it was lovely to keep the group environment going during our extended time in israel.

• 2nd Jul 2014

This hostel is a little gem in Tel Aviv. Close to the beach, Old Jaffa and the city. The staff were amazing! Definitely stay here if you are looking for a hostel in Tel Aviv - you won't be disappointed.

The location of this hostel is great but can seem a bit sketchy after because it lacks decent lighting. The hostel is also undergoing renovation so it's busy at the moment. The people running the hostel are very friendly and have tons of useful information about the surrounding areas which you receive at check-in. Guests that stay long term volunteer and help the newcomers. No guests from outside are allowed and there is a welcoming atmosphere. The rooftop terrace is great and has a luggage rack

The staff was very helpful and nice, the atmosphere of the hostel was great "like old friend getting together"

Great place, the staff and volunteers are very friendly / helpful, nice place, I reccommend!

Florentine Hostel, or home as I quickly began referring to it as, completely made my entire trip to Israel! I began my first 10 days of my travels at Florentine and found myself rotating back because I missed "home". Travelling by yourself can be overwhelming sometimes, but thanks to Florentine's amazing staff and volunteers you instantly become part of the family from the second you walk through the door. A very special thanks to the staff Anna, Natalie and MAAYAN! Love you all - Spencer

• 27th Jun 2014

Amazing staff! If you need anything while you're there, make sure to talk to Anna.

Not quite what I was looking for, but seems like a nice place for partying and meeting people. Privacy is hard to have, though. The bathrooms are surprisingly clean for the amount of people.

A hostel located very close to Yafo area and the beach with a lively atmosphere which makes it easy to interact with other travellers. Very friendly staff who made us feel welcome immediately and gave us a thorough orientation on how to best spent our time in the hostel and in Tel Aviv.

Best hostel I have ever stayed at. Will be back as soon as I can.

• 23rd Jun 2014
  • New Zealand

Hostel was clean, breakfast pretty decent, enough toilets and showers. Great location. I have been to over 50 countries on 5 continents and I can tell than staff is excellent. Very helpful, easy going and chilled out. They are always there to,help you. The owner is likes being with backpackers and he's pretty cool as well. If you like to party and have a good time I highly recommend this hostel. Thanks guys for a great time.

Nice hostel with a great rooftop terries and amazing staff helping out with anything you need and making you feel at home. During the night time the tetras is the sleeping place for others, so you might see some of them still sleeping in the morning depending on the time you get up - but there is enough space for everyone! Had a great time there!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7