Florentine Backpackers Hostel Reviews

10, Elifelet Street, Tel Aviv, Israel

Probably the most fun place to stay at. The staff are super nice and friendly. If stay longer then a 2 days you will be best friends with everyone. If you also want to chill and not drink then this is also the place for you. They have a place for relaxing and quite time. Ps internet works a charm

• 16th Jul 2014

Staying at Florentine gave me a renewed sense of trust in the goodness of people...particularly the staff who blended their roles as employees/volunteers and fellow travel lovers. I misplaced a wallet and was sure it was gone, but the staff immediately jumped to attention and literally ran through the building moving furniture aside in search. I grew even more certain the wallet was taken but the staff said, "I know my hostel. Have faith." The wallet was found. Great atmosphere/service.

i ride bicycyle to find the hostel for more than one hour in the area. in the map, there eas immnueal church, nearby, i gave them a call. the very rude young woman on the phone answered me as she doenst know what church i am talking about. it is difficult to find. anyway, i rang the bill, and i told the same lady "i have a reservation, can you pls open up". she again, with her rude attitude asked my name. man, i was already booked there, and i was too tired. i told them you are too rude.

• 11th Jul 2014
  • Turkey

The staff were top notch. The vibe was definitely more of a chill out party vs get really trashed and rage if that makes sense, which I appreciated. The location is a little further south than what I might have preferred but it's all about preference as it's still located very close to Jaffa among other attractions. Would go back.

I really loved the atmosphere and people in this hostel! Great place to meet other travelers from around the world! Only issues were not enough showers and bathrooms causing a long wait at certain times of day. Still I would stay here again because of the laid back and welcoming staff and guests!

• 7th Jul 2014

great atmosphere, great hostel. slept on the roof terrace 'open tent' and it was fine! helpful staff and good hostel overall. only downfall is they are constantly moving your belongings around on the roof terrace (your baggage is put up on a rack to the side), which means if you leave something for 5 minutes while you go to the toilet, the chances of ever finding it again are nill. my towel was moved and lost, as were some bathers. pretty frickin annoying to spend hours searching the hostel

When we arrived we were a little skeptical about this hostel, but after a good nights sleep the hostel community feel made us feel right at home! We made some great friends, we slept well, meals were offered at the hostel, but equally it was so easy to get everywhere by foot or cab. We had just finished our birthright trip so it was lovely to keep the group environment going during our extended time in israel.

• 2nd Jul 2014

This hostel is a little gem in Tel Aviv. Close to the beach, Old Jaffa and the city. The staff were amazing! Definitely stay here if you are looking for a hostel in Tel Aviv - you won't be disappointed.

The location of this hostel is great but can seem a bit sketchy after because it lacks decent lighting. The hostel is also undergoing renovation so it's busy at the moment. The people running the hostel are very friendly and have tons of useful information about the surrounding areas which you receive at check-in. Guests that stay long term volunteer and help the newcomers. No guests from outside are allowed and there is a welcoming atmosphere. The rooftop terrace is great and has a luggage rack

The staff was very helpful and nice, the atmosphere of the hostel was great "like old friend getting together"

Great place, the staff and volunteers are very friendly / helpful, nice place, I reccommend!

Amazing staff! If you need anything while you're there, make sure to talk to Anna.

Not quite what I was looking for, but seems like a nice place for partying and meeting people. Privacy is hard to have, though. The bathrooms are surprisingly clean for the amount of people.

A hostel located very close to Yafo area and the beach with a lively atmosphere which makes it easy to interact with other travellers. Very friendly staff who made us feel welcome immediately and gave us a thorough orientation on how to best spent our time in the hostel and in Tel Aviv.

Best hostel I have ever stayed at. Will be back as soon as I can.

• 23rd Jun 2014
  • New Zealand

Hostel was clean, breakfast pretty decent, enough toilets and showers. Great location. I have been to over 50 countries on 5 continents and I can tell than staff is excellent. Very helpful, easy going and chilled out. They are always there to,help you. The owner is likes being with backpackers and he's pretty cool as well. If you like to party and have a good time I highly recommend this hostel. Thanks guys for a great time.

Nice hostel with a great rooftop terries and amazing staff helping out with anything you need and making you feel at home. During the night time the tetras is the sleeping place for others, so you might see some of them still sleeping in the morning depending on the time you get up - but there is enough space for everyone! Had a great time there!

My thoughts on both the hostel and Tel Aviv: Beautiful people, beautiful place, friendly, lots to see and do. I would totally recommend the city and the hostel to any of my friends back in the UK, in fact I already have. Can't recommend them enough, not the usual holiday destination for people from the UK, but hopefully that is in the process of changing!

• 20th Jun 2014

Great for laid back, highly social people. There were lots of good things about it: super friendly atmosphere, very helpful staff incl driving me to the train, private room was nice, lockers, wifi, community dinners. The neighborhood tho made me nervous even tho they said it was safe, 7a loud mornings even w earplugs, kinda made me feel guilty for not hanging out more. I would recommend, but also urge everyone to know what to expect: small, social hostel in highly graffiti'd, industrial area.

Nice hostel in general. If you are there to party then it's perfect, nice terrasse to have drinks and meet people. However they do a huge cleaning once a month to avoid bed bugs which is legit really. But if you're there while this is happening, make sure to pack everything in one bag and leave your bag where it wont be moved, because everything left to dry on the terrasse (for example) is then considered free stuffs and you are most likely not to see your stuff again.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7