Florentine Backpackers Hostel Reviews

10, Elifelet Street, Tel Aviv, Israel

The neighborhood of the hostel is really not nice, next door is a car and recycling yard, which starts to operate early in the morning and it's LOUD!! If you arrive late at night you will not feel that comfortable! It is a walking distance of 15 minutes to Jaffa and the beach. It is also not that consequent if the hostel ruls say that it is prohibited to sleep on the couches in the common room and there are a lot of people sleeping everywhere! The bathrooms could me as well cleaner.

• 15th Apr 2014
  • Ukraine

Overall I would return to this location. I would just choose not to do the outside tent. The lounge area is right next to the sleeping quarters so the talking doesn't allow a light sleeper to get much rest. Somehow nightly its always a battle for couches in the sleeping area, so get to your couch early. The distance to the beach is not bad but commuting to central bus station can be quite a hike. Staff is very helpful. Location is clean.

Only 10 Min away from the beach and near to Jaffa, the hostel makes a good base for your stay in Tel Aviv. It has a very relaxed atmosphere. There is not much better than sitting on the roof terrace, having a cold beer, listening to the chill-out music and talking to other travellers. Very friendly and helpful stuff!

We had a really great stay. Nice staff and guests. Very helpful and a familiar atmosphere. Everything was clean and ATM, supermarket, central Bus Station and the best beach in walking distance. Thanks for all!

Absolutely great atmosphere. Staff was fantastic.

Amazing time staying there, great people. The staff was incredibly helpful. I am definitely coming back here.

• 10th Apr 2014

Amazing Hostel, location is very good (~10min walks to jaffa + the beach), also a very open minded vibe there. very cool open air terrace, with lots of comfortable couches. rooms + bathrooms also very good, very clean. but the best thing was definitely the whole staff!! super nice and incredibly helpful (especially a certain beautiful blue haired receptionist ;) )

• 7th Apr 2014

The female dorm (6persons) was absolutely perfect: enough space, bed on the bottom with enough distance to the one on the top, newly looking interior. Staff is super friendly, you can relax on the roof top sitting on couches:)! Best place to stay in Telaviv for backpackers!

Great time. The girls working there were very very friendly. :)

• 3rd Apr 2014

I really liked staying here, because the place is home to a very laid-back and special atmosphere. Great rooftop lounge area. Staff are amazing and very helpful - it's hard to not like the people working there. I'll come back for sure on my next visit to Tel Aviv!

I really enjoy staying at Florentine. It has a young, funky, friendly, and welcoming atmosphere. I've stayed twice before, in the cheap girls dorm (which is nice, but you really get what you pay for), an thought I'd spring for the more expensive one. It is worth the extra money. The downstairs area is quieter and cleaner, but you can still go upstairs to join the party. The staff is friendly and extremely helpful. It's a great hostel if you're in Tel-Aviv and on a budget!

Our stay in the Florentine Hostel was very comfortable and from every point of view excellent. We can so suppose The Florentine to everyone. We made a trip to Jerusalem as well and our bus has arrived to the Savidor Merkaz Bus Station (The northern part of the City). We've decided that the whole distance take on foot to the Hostel and also with packages it has taken cca. one hour, but the Florentine quarter is the southern part of Tel Aviv near by the 4000 year old town Yafo (Jaffa).

• 26th Mar 2014
  • vjzs
  • Hungary

Staying at Florentine Backpackers Hostel was a great experience. The staff were all friendly, the people I met were awesome, and the location was ideal for why I was in Tel Aviv. Of course it was a little difficult for me because I had to get up pretty early every morning for my dance audition, but I knew that it was going to be pretty lively at night since it was a hostel. Despite that I really enjoyed my stay and will book there again should I ever need a place to stay in Tel Aviv.

And finally I found one in Israel, a hostel with this stupid plastic covers over the mattresses. I also wonder why they didn´t tell me I need two different door codes?

Good staf and facilities, if you want a quiet place, isn't your option

Rooms facing the street are noisy due to traffic and metal industries... Staff was absolutely excellent, they are responsible for a nice atmosphere and keep everything clean all the time. Haven't seen more motivated people anywhere yet! One more minus was a couple permanently staying at the first floor couch. They were there day and night and they weren't hostel guests... a little weird...

Florentine Hostel is a fantastic place to stay-amazingly chilled atmosphere, fabulous staff and superb facilities. This was a highlight of our trip to Israel and we will be back next time for sure. Keep up the good work! Derek. (Ireland)(

• 21st Mar 2014

Really just the type of place you dream about as a traveller. The place just has such an incredible atmosphere, and such lovely, sweet, helpful and fun staff.

very comfortable place with all the necessities for a low charge! All the staff is very friendly and helpful. I'd stay there again if i had another occasion to visit Tel aviv.

when we arrived one of our bed was already taken, so two of us had to share a tiny sofa the bedclothes were not clean our backpacks had to stay outside without any protection...luckily it didn´t rain

• 17th Mar 2014

HI. I apolgize to you again. sometime happens when guests confuse and take different beds....yet, we apologized and didn't charge you for the night at all...however you are still right! and we had a stuff meeting discussing this issue. about cleaniness I must disagree...as we clean the sheets each time, and we change them when they are old... and your backpacks shouldn't stay outside in the LEAVING/ARRIVING lagguage rack....it should be taken to your room when you recieve your bed.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5