Florentine Backpackers Hostel Reviews

10, Elifelet Street, Tel Aviv, Israel

This hostel is a little gem in Tel Aviv. Close to the beach, Old Jaffa and the city. The staff were amazing! Definitely stay here if you are looking for a hostel in Tel Aviv - you won't be disappointed.

The location of this hostel is great but can seem a bit sketchy after because it lacks decent lighting. The hostel is also undergoing renovation so it's busy at the moment. The people running the hostel are very friendly and have tons of useful information about the surrounding areas which you receive at check-in. Guests that stay long term volunteer and help the newcomers. No guests from outside are allowed and there is a welcoming atmosphere. The rooftop terrace is great and has a luggage rack

The staff was very helpful and nice, the atmosphere of the hostel was great "like old friend getting together"

Great place, the staff and volunteers are very friendly / helpful, nice place, I reccommend!

Florentine Hostel, or home as I quickly began referring to it as, completely made my entire trip to Israel! I began my first 10 days of my travels at Florentine and found myself rotating back because I missed "home". Travelling by yourself can be overwhelming sometimes, but thanks to Florentine's amazing staff and volunteers you instantly become part of the family from the second you walk through the door. A very special thanks to the staff Anna, Natalie and MAAYAN! Love you all - Spencer

• 27th Jun 2014

Amazing staff! If you need anything while you're there, make sure to talk to Anna.

Not quite what I was looking for, but seems like a nice place for partying and meeting people. Privacy is hard to have, though. The bathrooms are surprisingly clean for the amount of people.

A hostel located very close to Yafo area and the beach with a lively atmosphere which makes it easy to interact with other travellers. Very friendly staff who made us feel welcome immediately and gave us a thorough orientation on how to best spent our time in the hostel and in Tel Aviv.

Best hostel I have ever stayed at. Will be back as soon as I can.

• 23rd Jun 2014
  • New Zealand

I had a great time at Florentine Hostel even though I only stayed there one night. Everyone there was incredibly friendly and it's located in the younger/livelier Florentine neighborhood and a very close walk to the Old Jaffa area.

Hostel was clean, breakfast pretty decent, enough toilets and showers. Great location. I have been to over 50 countries on 5 continents and I can tell than staff is excellent. Very helpful, easy going and chilled out. They are always there to,help you. The owner is likes being with backpackers and he's pretty cool as well. If you like to party and have a good time I highly recommend this hostel. Thanks guys for a great time.

Nice hostel with a great rooftop terries and amazing staff helping out with anything you need and making you feel at home. During the night time the tetras is the sleeping place for others, so you might see some of them still sleeping in the morning depending on the time you get up - but there is enough space for everyone! Had a great time there!

My thoughts on both the hostel and Tel Aviv: Beautiful people, beautiful place, friendly, lots to see and do. I would totally recommend the city and the hostel to any of my friends back in the UK, in fact I already have. Can't recommend them enough, not the usual holiday destination for people from the UK, but hopefully that is in the process of changing!

• 20th Jun 2014

Great for laid back, highly social people. There were lots of good things about it: super friendly atmosphere, very helpful staff incl driving me to the train, private room was nice, lockers, wifi, community dinners. The neighborhood tho made me nervous even tho they said it was safe, 7a loud mornings even w earplugs, kinda made me feel guilty for not hanging out more. I would recommend, but also urge everyone to know what to expect: small, social hostel in highly graffiti'd, industrial area.

Nice hostel in general. If you are there to party then it's perfect, nice terrasse to have drinks and meet people. However they do a huge cleaning once a month to avoid bed bugs which is legit really. But if you're there while this is happening, make sure to pack everything in one bag and leave your bag where it wont be moved, because everything left to dry on the terrasse (for example) is then considered free stuffs and you are most likely not to see your stuff again.

Nice place, excellent staff. Not a very nice location and not enough showers though.

This hostel has got an unique atmosphere, you feel like at home, among your old friends. The localization is ok, 7-10 minutes from Old Jaffa. The staff is extremely helpful and friendly, they put a lot of attention to treat you well.

Staff is very friendly and helpful. I was in an 8-bed dorm. Had air conditioning. Negatives are not nearly enough bathrooms (two toilets/showers for 10 rooms, many of which are dorms--there was quite a line in the morning). Bed sheets had noticeable brown stains on them--gross!--though floors were clean. Florentine district has lots of bars and is a short walk to the beach & Jaffa, but that means it's far from the sights in central/north Tel Aviv.

The atmosphere was very cool and the staff was lovely. I only stayed for one night, but the hostel was so nice I could have stayed longer. This is one of those places where you'll be happy to return one day.

It was a bit too loud for my liking, and I could have gone without people pressuring me to drink. Not the place if you're looking for a quiter setting.

• 12th Jun 2014