Florentine Backpackers Hostel Reviews

10, Elifelet Street, Tel Aviv, Israel

My thoughts on both the hostel and Tel Aviv: Beautiful people, beautiful place, friendly, lots to see and do. I would totally recommend the city and the hostel to any of my friends back in the UK, in fact I already have. Can't recommend them enough, not the usual holiday destination for people from the UK, but hopefully that is in the process of changing!

• 20th Jun 2014

Great for laid back, highly social people. There were lots of good things about it: super friendly atmosphere, very helpful staff incl driving me to the train, private room was nice, lockers, wifi, community dinners. The neighborhood tho made me nervous even tho they said it was safe, 7a loud mornings even w earplugs, kinda made me feel guilty for not hanging out more. I would recommend, but also urge everyone to know what to expect: small, social hostel in highly graffiti'd, industrial area.

Nice hostel in general. If you are there to party then it's perfect, nice terrasse to have drinks and meet people. However they do a huge cleaning once a month to avoid bed bugs which is legit really. But if you're there while this is happening, make sure to pack everything in one bag and leave your bag where it wont be moved, because everything left to dry on the terrasse (for example) is then considered free stuffs and you are most likely not to see your stuff again.

Nice place, excellent staff. Not a very nice location and not enough showers though.

This hostel has got an unique atmosphere, you feel like at home, among your old friends. The localization is ok, 7-10 minutes from Old Jaffa. The staff is extremely helpful and friendly, they put a lot of attention to treat you well.

Staff is very friendly and helpful. I was in an 8-bed dorm. Had air conditioning. Negatives are not nearly enough bathrooms (two toilets/showers for 10 rooms, many of which are dorms--there was quite a line in the morning). Bed sheets had noticeable brown stains on them--gross!--though floors were clean. Florentine district has lots of bars and is a short walk to the beach & Jaffa, but that means it's far from the sights in central/north Tel Aviv.

The atmosphere was very cool and the staff was lovely. I only stayed for one night, but the hostel was so nice I could have stayed longer. This is one of those places where you'll be happy to return one day.

It was a bit too loud for my liking, and I could have gone without people pressuring me to drink. Not the place if you're looking for a quiter setting.

• 12th Jun 2014

Hostel is adapted for young people. Of you go to tel aviv to make party you will meet a lot of people in the hostel. But it's no problem to stay there and making your own thing. Nice place to stay!

Breakfast should start earlier, 9am is way too late ... Rooms in the back are really noisy (cars / bikes past midnight + 7am works at fabric nearby)

Very friendly and helpful staff. Nice environment with many options for social events as well as quiet places to relax. I really enjoyed staying here and would definitely return next time I'm in Tel Aviv.

Staff was very friendly, facilities were decent, 20 min walk from Jaffa. Overall I had a very good time, but I did get a lot if bug bites from sleeping on the terrace. I would suggest getting a room if possible.

Had a Great time at Florentine Hostel, great staff, great location, the rooftop is just amazing. Met some really nice people there.

• 29th May 2014

Good hostel and friendly personal. Definitely will help you to make your time in Tel-Aviv and Israel. Good place for those who aimed budget travel to Tel-Aviv.

An amazing place, great people, lots of fun!

• 27th May 2014

Great hostel and well placed in Tel Aviv, though make sure you get a dorm because a night on the terrace is extremely overpriced for what you get and very noisy. In saying this the facilities and the dormitories are really nice but make sure you book ahead because they are extremely popular and always booked out. The staff are really helpful and helped us make lots of bookings when there.

Best social atmosphere of any hostel I've experienced. The staff organize fun group events and it really helps you connect with other travelers there. The facilities are well maintained, the staff are helpful and friendly. I would say it's a bit more of a walk to the main attractions than I expected, but it's definitely still do-able. (20-25 mins walk to Jaffa for me). Also, if you are on the roof, be prepared to wake up early. The hostel is right next to some sort of factory...

At this hostel I felt welcomed but in a fake way. Meaning that the staff wanted to act all nice as if they would like to get to know you but they super don't care at all. The hostel tries to force you together with everyone there guest and staff rather than letting it happen naturally.,,the location is very good but that's the best thing about it. There are better more comfortable hostels in tel aviv.

• 24th May 2014

Hi. I am sorry you felt this way. I opened the hostel because I love travelers and and people. and all the people who work at the hostel are just like me...that's how I choose the people to work with me....so I was very sad you thought the feeling is fake....cause we really love what we do and we are all experienced travelers. rafi

+ very welcoming and enjoyable staff + nice atmosphere - breakfast starts at 9am - a bit late to get started, 7 or 8am would be preferred - too many beds cramped in one small room - very noisy neighborhood for the dorms located near the street (past midnight many cars and motorbikes that pass and at 7am noise from pressing machines next door (fabric)

Great stay! Thank you!