Florentine Backpackers Hostel Reviews

10, Elifelet Street, Tel Aviv, Israel

Best hostel I have ever stayed at. Will be back as soon as I can.

• 23rd Jun 2014
  • New Zealand

I had a great time at Florentine Hostel even though I only stayed there one night. Everyone there was incredibly friendly and it's located in the younger/livelier Florentine neighborhood and a very close walk to the Old Jaffa area.

Hostel was clean, breakfast pretty decent, enough toilets and showers. Great location. I have been to over 50 countries on 5 continents and I can tell than staff is excellent. Very helpful, easy going and chilled out. They are always there to,help you. The owner is likes being with backpackers and he's pretty cool as well. If you like to party and have a good time I highly recommend this hostel. Thanks guys for a great time.

Nice hostel with a great rooftop terries and amazing staff helping out with anything you need and making you feel at home. During the night time the tetras is the sleeping place for others, so you might see some of them still sleeping in the morning depending on the time you get up - but there is enough space for everyone! Had a great time there!

My thoughts on both the hostel and Tel Aviv: Beautiful people, beautiful place, friendly, lots to see and do. I would totally recommend the city and the hostel to any of my friends back in the UK, in fact I already have. Can't recommend them enough, not the usual holiday destination for people from the UK, but hopefully that is in the process of changing!

• 20th Jun 2014

Great for laid back, highly social people. There were lots of good things about it: super friendly atmosphere, very helpful staff incl driving me to the train, private room was nice, lockers, wifi, community dinners. The neighborhood tho made me nervous even tho they said it was safe, 7a loud mornings even w earplugs, kinda made me feel guilty for not hanging out more. I would recommend, but also urge everyone to know what to expect: small, social hostel in highly graffiti'd, industrial area.

Nice hostel in general. If you are there to party then it's perfect, nice terrasse to have drinks and meet people. However they do a huge cleaning once a month to avoid bed bugs which is legit really. But if you're there while this is happening, make sure to pack everything in one bag and leave your bag where it wont be moved, because everything left to dry on the terrasse (for example) is then considered free stuffs and you are most likely not to see your stuff again.

Nice place, excellent staff. Not a very nice location and not enough showers though.

This hostel has got an unique atmosphere, you feel like at home, among your old friends. The localization is ok, 7-10 minutes from Old Jaffa. The staff is extremely helpful and friendly, they put a lot of attention to treat you well.

Staff is very friendly and helpful. I was in an 8-bed dorm. Had air conditioning. Negatives are not nearly enough bathrooms (two toilets/showers for 10 rooms, many of which are dorms--there was quite a line in the morning). Bed sheets had noticeable brown stains on them--gross!--though floors were clean. Florentine district has lots of bars and is a short walk to the beach & Jaffa, but that means it's far from the sights in central/north Tel Aviv.

The atmosphere was very cool and the staff was lovely. I only stayed for one night, but the hostel was so nice I could have stayed longer. This is one of those places where you'll be happy to return one day.

It was a bit too loud for my liking, and I could have gone without people pressuring me to drink. Not the place if you're looking for a quiter setting.

• 12th Jun 2014

Hostel is adapted for young people. Of you go to tel aviv to make party you will meet a lot of people in the hostel. But it's no problem to stay there and making your own thing. Nice place to stay!

Breakfast should start earlier, 9am is way too late ... Rooms in the back are really noisy (cars / bikes past midnight + 7am works at fabric nearby)

Very friendly and helpful staff. Nice environment with many options for social events as well as quiet places to relax. I really enjoyed staying here and would definitely return next time I'm in Tel Aviv.

Staff was very friendly, facilities were decent, 20 min walk from Jaffa. Overall I had a very good time, but I did get a lot if bug bites from sleeping on the terrace. I would suggest getting a room if possible.

Had a Great time at Florentine Hostel, great staff, great location, the rooftop is just amazing. Met some really nice people there.

• 29th May 2014

Good hostel and friendly personal. Definitely will help you to make your time in Tel-Aviv and Israel. Good place for those who aimed budget travel to Tel-Aviv.

An amazing place, great people, lots of fun!

• 27th May 2014

Great hostel and well placed in Tel Aviv, though make sure you get a dorm because a night on the terrace is extremely overpriced for what you get and very noisy. In saying this the facilities and the dormitories are really nice but make sure you book ahead because they are extremely popular and always booked out. The staff are really helpful and helped us make lots of bookings when there.