Florentine Backpackers Hostel Reviews

10, Elifelet Street, Tel Aviv, Israel

An excellent lively hostel with a roof sun terrace and chill out area. The staff were all helpful and attentive willing to give useful history and information. Several organised nights or beer at the hostel. An extremley enjoy week was had and would a stay here don't be put off by location. A short walk and you find a variety of resturant of many type and a profusion of bars and clubs.

Do not hesitate to book here! Staff were really laid back (but still extremely helpful) and the atmosphere was great. The roof terrace really made socialising with other guests very easy and took away a lot of the awkwardness that I've had at other hostels. Located close to the beach and not that difficult to get too/from the airport either. Will 100% return.

• 5th May 2014

This hostel is one of the best hostels i ever stayed at. The atmosphere is just amazing and its crazy that so many people that i met there has already been there in the past and that iam acctually planning to be back too!! The location is not the best, but there are not better locations of hostels in tel aviv!

Flo Ho was amazing!! The staff was incredibly helpful and accommodating and gave us recommendations on everything. The vibe was very laid-back and it was very easy to make friends and hang out as a group. Loved it

Enjoyed my stay at Florentine's. Staff is excellent and lovely. Showers and bathrooms are very clean. Their terrace is super cool. The breakfast is simple but enough. Good wifi, 15 mins walk to the beach. Easy access public transportation nearby. On the "negative" side, wish there were more stuff such as lockers or boxes in the rooms for people to keep their stuff tidy. Rooms got really messy sometimes with stuff all around, but because of the travelers not cuz of the staff.

I asked the staff via mail to check in 6am. They said, yes, arrows will show you your bed. I ask a 2th time and they said it's ok. I came around 6am. All doors where open and there were everywhere smartphones charging. No signs, no bed and no staff. I was so tired. Nobody was comming. I chanced location and asked for refund. They said it was there fold, but they didn't give me refound. They said, if I give them a bad review they will charge me one night (Blackmail) FH, there is also Tripadvisor.

Double room with bathroom was basic but really clean, bit noisy as it had window on the street.. Really nice and helpful staff. Great roof terrace as a common area. Basic breakfast, but still tasty.

I had a great time at Florentine; it was well located; the facilities were excellent; the atmosphere was friendly and welcoming, and both the staff and fellow hostellers were wonderful. I would recommend staying here to anyone visiting Tel Aviv.

• 25th Apr 2014

We had a private room; was spacious and comfortable; however, hostel is in an industrial area and from 7am to night loud machine noises took over our room. Hard to enjoy Tel Aviv nightlife when waking up at 7! Public area on terrace had a nice atmosphere, and great kitchen. If you need luggage storage before check-in or after check-out there is only an open shelf on the public terrace, so it is not very secure (and in fact could easily fall off the roof). Good hostel overall, would stay again.

Top 3 hostels I have stayed in ever! The people you meet (in my opinion) make or break a trip- and the people I met here (especially staff) are simply the best you will find. I nearly cancelled my flight to stay longer.... not only would stay here again but I would come back to Israel just to stay here again... Also very chill terrace!

Well located in a vibrant neighbourhood. Very clean; good facilities. Staff is helpful and friendly, although it depends who you are dealing with...

This hostel has an amazing terrace with many sofas, which promotes a lot of interaction with other travellers. The staff is very friendly and helpfull! The room and the bathrooms were also very clean!

Great place to stay staff is very helpful and interactive. They took us out at night which was nice. Close to the bus and train station which is good if you plan to travel around. Loved it.

• 17th Apr 2014

really nice stay at florentine. I would most definitely recommend it to any backpackers trying to find nice people. the huge awesome terrace provides enough space for everybody with chill couches. showers are sometimes overcrowded, but come on it s a hostel. one of the nicest hostels i ve stayed at recently. thumbs up !!

The neighborhood of the hostel is really not nice, next door is a car and recycling yard, which starts to operate early in the morning and it's LOUD!! If you arrive late at night you will not feel that comfortable! It is a walking distance of 15 minutes to Jaffa and the beach. It is also not that consequent if the hostel ruls say that it is prohibited to sleep on the couches in the common room and there are a lot of people sleeping everywhere! The bathrooms could me as well cleaner.

• 15th Apr 2014
  • Ukraine

Hi . I am sad to hear you didn't enjoy your stay, you should have come and told us, and we would have done something about it. except that...alothough not in the center....our location is exellent becuase you are 10 minutes walking distance from everywhere ( beach, jaffa, neve tzedek, and center is 15) it is safe! and exactly in the middle of all attractions.. and just behind the famuse florentine neighbourhood...and the sofa and bathroom issue...will be solved soon Rafi

Good hostel. They clean the dorm room very well. Nice rooftop.

Reading all reviews about Florentine Hostel I was a little suspicious as it sounded almost too good. But all that is said is true! The area around the hostel does look a little bit odd, but is safe even by night and bars/restaurant/grocery stores are just around the corner. The location is a good spot to reach everything by food, the staff is helpful and the rooftop terrace is perfect to meet fellow travelers. The 6 bed dorm was a little cramp but fine facing the rates they charge.

• 14th Apr 2014

Overall I would return to this location. I would just choose not to do the outside tent. The lounge area is right next to the sleeping quarters so the talking doesn't allow a light sleeper to get much rest. Somehow nightly its always a battle for couches in the sleeping area, so get to your couch early. The distance to the beach is not bad but commuting to central bus station can be quite a hike. Staff is very helpful. Location is clean.

Only 10 Min away from the beach and near to Jaffa, the hostel makes a good base for your stay in Tel Aviv. It has a very relaxed atmosphere. There is not much better than sitting on the roof terrace, having a cold beer, listening to the chill-out music and talking to other travellers. Very friendly and helpful stuff!

We had a really great stay. Nice staff and guests. Very helpful and a familiar atmosphere. Everything was clean and ATM, supermarket, central Bus Station and the best beach in walking distance. Thanks for all!