Florentine Backpackers Hostel Reviews

10, Elifelet Street, Tel Aviv, Israel

2097 Total Reviews

For a second I just thought I had gotten too used to nice hotels but I stayed at a hostel next in turkey and had an absolute blast which reminded me just how bad this hostel was ran. They really messed up my $140 tour by not even giving me a receipt or company name and sending me to a spot where multiple companies picked up... thanks

Hands down the best hostel I've ever stayed at! It's perfect for people travelling alone as it's so easy to meet new people, plus the staff are super welcoming and helpful. There's a terrace on every floor with free shisha after 7pm and you can go out every single night - or get a decent night's sleep after about 11pm, whatever you're in the mood for :) Breakfast, tea and coffee are also free. Incredible value for money plus a great atmosphere!

An incredibly sociable and laid back place, intended on staying for a few days and ended up spending a month here. The staff and people make you feel part of the family and are extremely giving! Florentine is a great area if you're a creative, with street art everywhere. Overall there is nothing I can fault and I'm lucky to have spent so long in such a great place

• 1st Jun 2015

Thanks for everything :)

Cool atmosphere and people, really good hostel for people who wanna have fun and enjoy parties, friendly staff. For travelers who wanna sleep and relax after exhausting journey/trip I can't recommend the hostel. There were like 70 people in total, one kitchen and a noisy terrace party. Who sleeps upside a bunk bed there is not space even for sitting (between bed and ceiling), that's really uncomfortable.

Hi K. I realy have to say that our hostel is changing all the time. summer is starting now and it brings the party people with it. we have no complains about it as it is a part of our life. yet. we have private rooms that are more quite and fair prices. and yest we go out almost everynight and the place is kept quite. about the beds...we are working on it. thank you. Rafi.

i wouldnt recommend to walk from the station to the hostel since its a quite a walk and carrying luggage in the heat of the sun is not that much fun. the hostel itself is not far from the beach in jaffa but you should keep in mind that its more like a party hostel. the roof is very nice to hang out but it can get crowded and loud. regarding the staff, it was kinda hard to figure out who was working there and who not. there were a lot of volunteers but it was not clear from the begining.

Lovely place, lovely people, great vibe - definitely will be back again!

Very friendly people, and they go out every night to a nice bar! This was really a big advantage, you won't be able to find those yourself,

This was my second time staying there. Really enjoyed it and would stay there again.

Absolutely amazing, great atmosphere, the rooftop terrace is the place to be. You might not want to leave this place :)

Great hostel. Very social and easy to make new friends. Chilled friendly vibe. But with quieter areas too if you need some down time. We stayed in a private room which was stylishly decorated and a decent size. Nice shower. Some fantastic bars and restaurants nearby. Great for visiting Jaffa and close enough to the beach to keep me happy. The breakfasts are nothing to write home about but they're free so can't complain. Hostel comes highly recommended by me :-) Oh, and great helpful staff too.

I stayed at the hostel for 3 nights and loved it. Their terrace is the best part of the hostel is and an excellent place to meet people and socialize (important for me traveling solo). The staff was very helpful and they take everyone out to different clubs every night. Overall great place.

The staff was very friendly and accommodating. For the price, the hostel exceeded expectations.

• 20th May 2015

My biggest problem was that there was no way to lock the door of the room. They had keypads to get into the area of the rooms but no way to lock your door at night. The location also felt a bit sketchy to be walking around alone in at night. It was also pretty far out of the way from most of the things you want to be doing in Tel Aviv. That being said, the vibe was incredible and homey and the price was right. Awesome place for solo travellers who want to make friends.

HI M. we do not give keys for dorm room ( privates have their own keys) there is a main entrance code and every area of the hostel has another code. we have lockers for valuables. Our area is very safe as you will experience ; although former garages area, today the most hip neighborhood in Israel. we are 10 min walk from the beach. old jaffa and the flea market and on the other side 15 minutes to center of town. 20 to bus station ,5 to neve tzedek and a minute to florentine street. :-) love

This hostel is sort of a party hostel where everyone sits around all day, drinking and talking (mostly shouting). The hostel is populated by a majority of American 18, 19 year olds, able to drink legally for the first time and being obnoxiously loud. Maybe my dissatisfaction with this place is that I'm far too grumpy and way too cynical to answer the question "Where are you from?" every 4 seconds from teenagers with a propensity to say "like" just as often.

couldn't get a better review from you! we are social and friendly and a place to meet other travelers and share stories. that's who we are. and it said it on the first row of our page. I reckon you should read before booking and complain less. thank you for amazing review :-) Rafi. by the way our location is one of the best, although doesn't look like it. we are 10 minutes walking distance to everywhere important. sea, jaffa flea market ,neve tzedek, Rothchild blvd(center) and central station

Hostel has a real social, party atmosphere. Meet lots of great folks from all over the world. The location seems sketchy at first glance and hostel is not well signed from the street. But the area is fine, and conveniently located close to beach and Old Jaffa. Rooms are small, so bringing ear plugs and eyeshades is recommended in dorms.

hi N. Rafi here. we are one of the cheapest hostels in tel aviv and still hold the highest rating , so we are a combination of many things. we are a backpackers hostel, and as the season changed so are the backpacker. yest we are always social , yet summer brings on the party people and we party a lots. it is our usuall routine Rafi.

The best place in the world!

Great vibe. Rooftop is awesome. Tent literally means sleeping on a couch upstairs which isn't the comfiest but is cheap.

LOVED my stay here one of the best hostel's ive stayed at. Sociable, relaxed atmosphere and the staff and volunteers are all super friendly!

Average hostel. Soso Facility

sorry to hear. we are a backpacker place. we are cheap and and rated the highest and we do our best. we provide all the facilities. although we are not new and shiny, we keep it clean and orgenized. if you were unhappy you should have said as we believe taking money from an unhappy guest is not the way for success Rafi