Florian Shkodra Guesthouse Reviews

Dobrac ; Reparti Ushtarak, Shtoj i Ri, Shkoder, Albania

Hospitality and Albanians go together like peanut butter and jelly - Florian is no exception. I came because of a recommendation of a friend and I didn't get disappointed. It doesn't feel like a hostel, but more like a stay at a friend's place. The food he serves is really good and all from his garden - soit's the wine and Rakija that will be served after dinner. I very much enjoyed my stay and it's quite the character. As well he can organize transportation and tours. Thumbs up

• 28th Aug 2015

The best place to stay in Shkoder!!! Supernice hosts, good atmosphere and yummy home made food and wine :)

Very good homemade dinner! Nice staff, lovely area. We had a good time staying there:)

• 3rd Jul 2015
  • Hungary

We stayed here with our two small children, florian upraded us to a room with two beds. Flirian and his family are very hospitable and their backyard and garden are perfect for children to run around in. Food is fresh and delicious. We would definitely stay here again.

• 3rd Jul 2015
  • Sweden

A very friendly place which is located in the country-side just outside Shkoder - "inconvenient" compared to a "regular" hostel but nice to be in a green and lush garden with a main house and extra's with the rooms. Florian is really helpful, organizing bus-pickup, a little city tour, home-made dinner and the start of the trip to Valbona. We also got to borrow his bikes for free to ride into and around the city which was great. It is good to be open and social as it is a bit isolated.

Florian was amazing! Homemade glass of wine when I arrived and the family cooks from the food they grow in the garden. The next day, he let us use the bikes for free to explore the city and it was such a nice experience. Definitely the hostel to stay at in Albania.

Florian was a great guest! he was always helpful and cracking jokes with me, he made the trip to shkoder alot better! his house was lovely with a great atmosphere, an the food was delicious. The tours he ran were informative and fun! nothing bad to say at all!

• 22nd May 2015

Great food and hospitality, facilities were fine, a little bit out of town but worth it for the food.

I never forget home made butter and bread which I got everyday for breakfast. Very good place for rest.

A great experience to end my travels through Albania. Florian was very helpful and accommodating. He arranged a tour of the city for me, as well as my Lake Koman ferry ride. He even let me use one of his bikes to ride into the city. The home-cooked breakfast and dinner were wonderful and filling.

Florian and his family were very nice and welcoming. Luckily they were flexible with the booking. Unfortunately the double room wasn't as nice and too expensive. It was filthy and very ugly. And the sheets from the bed should be washed more often. Due too the high rating we expected much more. Nevertheless breakfast was great.

Florian is the best! They make fantastic homemade vegetarian meals and can also lend you bikes to explore the city with. Florian is very knowledgable about the area and can arrange just about anything for you. The facilities are clean and well maintained. Cant wait to come back for a longer stay!

• 24th Apr 2015

Florian and his family were fantastic hosts! I stayed at both the guesthouse and in his new hostel that they have just set up in central Shkodra. Florian's mother is a phenomenal cook and the large vegetarian dinners and breakfasts were amazing! I would throughly recommend staying with Florian at either his guesthouse or in the new hostel!

Really nice place. Almost a working farm with chickens and pigs and greaps etc. Staff very helpful and nice. Good value dinner with lots of free home made wine. Good information about area and transport. Does laundry reasonable price. Long walk to town 3.5 KM but they are opening a new second place in the center.. Needs to get a big sign for front of building with hostel name. Needs to clean up the place a bit. Would stay again. Would send friends Good value Speaks English fine.

Florians guesthouse was a great experience! Florian and his family are very kind, hospitable people. They cook lovely homemade vegetarian meals, bikes are provided too which is the best way to get around. Great people and an awesome location in a rural area of Shkoder, highly recommend!

If there was such a thing as 110%, then this hostel would definitely deserve it! What an amazing welcome to my first hostel in Albania. Fabulous family, delicious home cooking and its included in the price! Florian is so helpful and is full of information about the locality and Albania. He organized and made suggestions for me to get the most out of my onward journey to Thethi, and I was picked up directly at the hostel. If you go to Shkoder, definitely don't miss this hostel! Highly recommend

• 12th Mar 2015