Florian Shkodra Guesthouse Reviews

Reparti Ushtarak, Shtoj i Ri, Shkoder, Albania

Florian is very hospitable. The guesthouse is an oasis in Northern Albania. Florian greets you and welcomes you with open arms. His cooking is unbelievable, great Eastern European Cuisine. The hostel is clean and comfortable and he offers knowledge about the local area. I wouldn't hesitate to send a friend to Florians Guest House or stay again myself!

Staying at Florian's place made my stay in Albania that much better! He was extremely prompt in emailing me as soon as I had booked with taxi pick up options and then he took me for a tour a few hours after I arrived. The guest house was very pleasant, quiet and homely. Every night there was home grown Albanian cuisine and drinks that came directly from the garden. There were some bikes free to use also which made the trip into town quick and easy. I Recommend this place highly. Thanks Florian!

• 4th Sep 2014
  • New Zealand

Florian's guesthouse is the place to be in Shkoder. Just outside the city centre in a beautiful farmhouse, it is the best place to relax, especially after long hiking trips in the mountains nearby. I stayed twice at Florian's who is a great host with lots of stories to tell. I want to recommend his mother's cooking and the great dinners. And of course his own wine.

Had a wonderful time with Florian. He helped organize a fantastic tour and trip. The food was excellent as was picking grapes from the vine to eat. You will love your stay.

• 21st Aug 2014

amazing place to just relax and have some down time!!

We had a very nice stay at this guesthouse! Theyre offering traditional albanian dishes which were amazing! It has a good atmosphere and beautiful people! Id defenetly recomend staying there :)

• 20th Aug 2014

The place is nice, quiet and clean. Its a bit far out but they provide you with bikes, but in the evenings you probably end up having dinner at the hostel which is a bit more expensive then eating in restaurants in Albania (and they don't serve meat). However, it's really nice to eat all together. Florian tried really hard to help us with seeing the surroundings (lake Koman) but seemed to be a bit disappointed or annoyed when we chose to go with someone else on a day trip.

I had the best experience staying at Florian's guesthouse! As soon as we entered we felt at home and the atmosphere was great. Florian is a fun, friendly and kind person. He organised our transport to get to Montenegro the next day which was really helpful. Dinner, breakfast, tour of sights

• 5th Aug 2014

Florian helped us sort out some good accommodation in Valbona and also transfers to Valbona. The hostel has a really nice setting just out of town and he has free bikes to help you get back into town quickly if you want

Nice setting in the large and productive garden of a large and productive home. Florian offers a free and filling breakfast, free use of basic bicycles, and inexpensive vegetarian dinners.

Exactly what I was looking for: a relaxing, peaceful, authentic introduction to Albania. Thank you Florian and family. I had a wonderful time at your guest house. Austin

Great place, friendly staff, relaxing atmosphere. Highly recommend the family dinner.

• 10th Jun 2014

If I make too good comment on the friendliness of staff and home-cooked food, too many tourists may come and spoil it???

We were a group of 5 people staying at Florian guesthouse and really enjoyed our stay. Florian is really nice and helped us with our trip. Also, we eat there and the food was delicious and from his garden. It was really a good experience for us and enjoyed our stay in a guesthouse and the family atmosphere. I would suggest this place a little outside of Skoder for a stay

Very pleasant place to stay. It's outside Shkodra, which is nice because it's wonderfully located in a rural area and you can sit outside under the grapes in the garden! It's definitely cooler and cleaner than to stay in the city. Bikes available, 10 mins to town center. Meals are excellent and cheap with plenty of food. Good to taste local food, not so easy to get in a restaurant. Florian gives excellent information and can help you with onward travel, not so easy by yourself. Safe place. Clean

View all Shkoder Bed and Breakfasts