Flushing YMCA Reviews

138-46 Northern Blvd., Flushing NY, New York, USA

Terrible!!! Just Terrible!! Worst hotel ever...

• 7th Dec 2014

Suggest to add signage showing the way to the guest rooms since they share the same entrance with other YMCA facilities.

• 3rd Nov 2014
  • Hong Kong

very friendly, patient and good humored reception staff! The place is a distance from central Manhattan but very convenient for La Guardia Airport, located in a largely east asian neighborhood with some very quirky shops. The room an shared bathrooms were clean and more than adequate. My room was quiet, pleasant temperature and had a well located television...only way to improve (for a room within the price bracket) might have been a reading light. Great to have access to Gym! Recommended!

This place did not hold my booked room, thus leaving me nowhere to stay in New York (every room was sold out). I ended up having to book a incredibly expensive hotel in Manhattan, thus leaving me with very little vacation money. I was devastated.

• 10th Oct 2014

Awese the room was clean and the bathroom also.the stagf was friendly and helped you with everthing that you need.Another thing that I liked.was that you can enter.to the hotel.if.you have a like a.card.from.them.so.was a.saftey place.If I will.came back.in New.York for sure I will book a.room.in this.hostel.

• 26th Sep 2014
  • Romania

I am travelling to NY twice a year to catch my flights and always need an unexpensive place to stay for couple of days. This hostel is wonderful for the occadion! I got a spacy private room with mirror, a/c, tv, fridge, comfy bed, wifi was working great, staff was just amazing (my luggage was lost on the way to NY and they were so helpful and responsable with it), very close to both airports that was convenient for me and great value for money. Nxt time only YMCA.

The reception staff was very helpful and courteous.This hostel in NewYork is very economical to stay, 5-7 minutes walk to subway station and amenities.

The hotel is in Korea town, so you have a lot of cool shops and places to eat around you. Hotel was good: clean and staff was always friendly and ready to help.

• 16th Sep 2014
  • Lithuania

Customer service nonexistent! STAY AWAY FROM THIS DUMP HOLE.

• 6th Sep 2014
  • Romania

Hostel was great. The lady at reception gets 5 stars!! She was friendly and helpful, and as she was helping me people kept coming up to her asking for things (keys, towels, info, etc), and she answered every query with a smile, and helped me out with a smile as well. I would have gone insane in her place! I stayed in a private room on the third floor. The bed was a little hard, but by the second night I got a little used to it. The room had air-con, cable TV, closet, and was clean.

The date before one week, I have called for confirm the book, YMCA said no available, I was very upset, and request for refund , YMCA was refused. . I am unhappy this happen. p.s ( I booked aroung in winter, or Spring )

• 29th Aug 2014
  • Taiwan

This hostel canceled the booking on us upon arrival at reception. They have since not replied to emails sent to enquire about compensation. We are also still out of pocket from hostel world dispute contacting asking for a refund of the deposit.

• 29th Aug 2014

My wife when she was in the womens bathroom said there was ants crawling across the floor. Not very good if you ask me. Its also very noisy at night and the beds creaked which can stop you sleeping.

• 28th Aug 2014

The conduct of this YMCA was shocking. I booked months in advance. On arrival I was told that I was to be shunted to Manhattan due to an over booking, and left with the inpression that this was my fault! No aplology, let alone offer to pay for a taxi to take me to Manhattan. It took 30 minutes to insist on it honouring my booking for them to relent. Generally very poor bathroom facilities, Discovering a cockroach on my final morning capped it all. Never again.

YMCA in Flushing offers great value for money if you don't wanna waste all your money on accommondation in New York. The downside is that it takes 40 minutes with the Subway to go to Manhatten, but YMCA is no more than 5 minutes walk away from the subway station and you can be lucky to get an express subway. Compared to what we paid this hostel offered great facilties: breakfast included (not anything fancy, but still), free wifi, cleaning of our room every day, pool and fitness area.

• 14th Aug 2014
  • Denmark

A TV Guide would be so incredibly nice because when you turn on the TV, there's no way to find out what you're actually watching or what will be coming on later.

• 5th Aug 2014

Maid cleaned the room and changed towels almost everyday. Staff is great, breakfast is ok. You can receive deliveries at the hostel, which helped me a lot. About 10 minutes from the subway station (~40min from Manhattan). All the neighboorhood is chinese/korean/etc, so don't expect to have an american breakfast or brunch around the hostel. Lunch and dinner services in the area are all asian food.

• 29th Jul 2014

Staff wasn't very helpful at all!! I tried to book an extra night on our last night and the girl was talking on her mobile to a friend while talking to me...

• 29th Jul 2014

Breakfast to be improved.

• 27th Jul 2014

The hostel was nice and clean and I enjoyed my staying. I would definitely come back. The people working there are friendly and helpful. Big advantages are facilities as swimming pool gym and another that visitors can use during their stayings and possibility to have a breakfast what is included in the prize.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7