Flushing YMCA Reviews

138-46 Northern Blvd., Flushing NY, New York, USA

Customer service nonexistent! STAY AWAY FROM THIS DUMP HOLE.

• 6th Sep 2014
  • Romania

Hostel was great. The lady at reception gets 5 stars!! She was friendly and helpful, and as she was helping me people kept coming up to her asking for things (keys, towels, info, etc), and she answered every query with a smile, and helped me out with a smile as well. I would have gone insane in her place! I stayed in a private room on the third floor. The bed was a little hard, but by the second night I got a little used to it. The room had air-con, cable TV, closet, and was clean.

The date before one week, I have called for confirm the book, YMCA said no available, I was very upset, and request for refund , YMCA was refused. . I am unhappy this happen. p.s ( I booked aroung in winter, or Spring )

• 29th Aug 2014
  • Taiwan

This hostel canceled the booking on us upon arrival at reception. They have since not replied to emails sent to enquire about compensation. We are also still out of pocket from hostel world dispute contacting asking for a refund of the deposit.

• 29th Aug 2014

My wife when she was in the womens bathroom said there was ants crawling across the floor. Not very good if you ask me. Its also very noisy at night and the beds creaked which can stop you sleeping.

• 28th Aug 2014

The conduct of this YMCA was shocking. I booked months in advance. On arrival I was told that I was to be shunted to Manhattan due to an over booking, and left with the inpression that this was my fault! No aplology, let alone offer to pay for a taxi to take me to Manhattan. It took 30 minutes to insist on it honouring my booking for them to relent. Generally very poor bathroom facilities, Discovering a cockroach on my final morning capped it all. Never again.

A TV Guide would be so incredibly nice because when you turn on the TV, there's no way to find out what you're actually watching or what will be coming on later.

• 5th Aug 2014

Maid cleaned the room and changed towels almost everyday. Staff is great, breakfast is ok. You can receive deliveries at the hostel, which helped me a lot. About 10 minutes from the subway station (~40min from Manhattan). All the neighboorhood is chinese/korean/etc, so don't expect to have an american breakfast or brunch around the hostel. Lunch and dinner services in the area are all asian food.

• 29th Jul 2014

Staff wasn't very helpful at all!! I tried to book an extra night on our last night and the girl was talking on her mobile to a friend while talking to me...

• 29th Jul 2014

Breakfast to be improved.

• 27th Jul 2014

The hostel was nice and clean and I enjoyed my staying. I would definitely come back. The people working there are friendly and helpful. Big advantages are facilities as swimming pool gym and another that visitors can use during their stayings and possibility to have a breakfast what is included in the prize.

Very bad experience at flushing YMCA. We booked a double room and when we went to YMCA flushing they gave us a single room. we only got to know this when we when to the room. When we inquired the night staff said they do not have any more double rooms. we made the reservation three months before. We called the YMCA flushing to conform our reservation 2 days prior to our arrival. We were giving only 1 pillow for 2 ppl. the room had a very strong chemical smell. we will never book YMCA flushing.

• 2nd Jul 2014

Very friendly nice staff. Close to JFK airport. A bit noisy and not such a good window view, but it's not a problem if you spend all day out and come back late evening.

• 18th May 2014
  • Kazakhstan

No person at a reception desk when we arrived - we had wait 10 minutes. It is not short distance from a subway station - it takes about 7-8 minutes walk.

• 17th May 2014
  • Poland

I have booked a twin bedroom. However, when I arrived, I only got the double bedroom because out of twin bedrooms, which made me quite disappointed.

The person who was in charge of the parking security was very rude and not very informative!

Great Staff. A shout out to the night janitor playing his music in the eating hall. I wish i asked who the music artist were. Breakfast is a little small though.

Very nice stay for very good value, I felt safe around the hotel at night, subway to Timesqare is near, room and shared bathroom were clear, breakfast included, posibility to go to gym, fitness, ...

• 14th May 2014
  • Slovakia

Sorry, but hostels typically give you the "third world" experience. Sharing bathrooms with strangers? No - third world. No thanks.

• 13th May 2014