Flushing YMCA Reviews

138-46 Northern Blvd., Flushing NY, New York, USA

A room is small and not fancy at all, but it's New York City. Very good value for the money. Good security and feel safe.

Nothing special, lacking friendly backpacker hostels atmosphere so don't expect more than a place to stay for a night. However, it's clean and good place in case you want to stay in NYC for affordable price.

Value for money is definitely excellent due to the fact that no additional cost is required and comparing to other ymca across New York region, flushing ymca is the cheapest. The hostel is around 7-12 minutes walk from the Main Street metro station( depends how fast u walk) However, it does get a bit noisy sometimes during night time due to buses and trucks running thru northern. Boulevard. Besides that, staff were nice and gym + cardio room were a plus Bathrooms are acceptable.

• 2nd Apr 2014
  • New Zealand

This hostel is probably also a homeless shelter/ drug rehab. Dirtiest bathrooms ever. No kitchen. Room was clean and had clean towels everyday, though. You get what you paid for.

Everyone was very helpful....and caring.......great place,I will stay again in the future!!!

• 12th Jan 2014

Thank you to the friendly receptionist who offered to look out for my misplaced gloves. The receptionists were very helpful too when we inquired about cab services to JFK. Keep up the smiles. =)

• 3rd Jan 2014
  • Malaysia

Clean, affordable room. The bathrooms were not that great - but overall, quite decent and a busy neighborhood of restaurants.

• 30th Dec 2013

It was great being there, the facilities are awesome too, i enjoyed it although it is not in Manhattan!

I have stayed here many times and have always felt very comfortable. if you are mad for Manhatten yes it is a commute but only an hour with commute and walk.It is still tolerable just take the 7 train from Times Square. Room has free wifi, mini flat screen tv, micro in hallway alcove.Room very clean as well as showers. Friendly housekeeping....neighborhood Filled with Asian restaurants and juice bars and chain restaurants. I received a free continental breakfast as well courtesy ofthis website.

YMCA Flushing is a great place to stay. You get your own private room, and there is a gym and pool in the same building (which you can use), so there are lots of healthy, active people buzzing around if you go downstairs. I came not to party and meet backpackers, or fight over who's next in line for the shower, but to find an apartment and a job, so the privacy and convenience I got from the Y made it worth the extra money. 7 train nearby, lots of inexpensive food options

A friendly, clean and safe hostel. I enjoyed my stay there, thank you!

• 9th Nov 2013
  • Finland

All together a good plays to stay; remember it's 30/40 minutes from Broadway (Manhattan) and in a Chinese neighborhood. Food wise it's not so spectacular and there is no bar were you can meet knew people. A plus is that they have a basketball court and a swimming pool.

• 3rd Oct 2013

Awesome location for backpackers and young people. The staff was very friendly. There is a parking space right behind the building so you can leave your car there and take the metro (1 mi from the hostel) into the city. The room was clean and had a fridge inside. Bathrooms are clean. The breakfast contains a bagel or cake with something to drink. If you still got some energy after a long day of sightseeing you are allowed to use pool, gym and weightroom for free. GREAT PLACE TO STAY

• 2nd Oct 2013

Far away from the center, but there's a metro going, so possible to come back even at night, but not a nice area to hang out at night... Typical YMCA, you get the room (our was a bit smelly though..), but in general it's very 'boring' atmosphere. And you need a key to go to the toilet.. erm.. why?

had to wait for nearly half hour to check in while the staff member continued to deal with other people, and these people were just walking up and getting dealt with while I still stood there, then that person would leave and then she would deal with another walk up and still not check me in... this went on for over 30 mins... pretty poor service really.... if I had not already pre-paid I would have just walked out and you would have lost my business...

• 20th Sep 2013

I had a great stay at Flushing YMCA. The staff were great, supportive and gentle. I just have two tiny things to report here: nobody told me about the check in time, via email they said it was ok for me to arrive at 10am at the Hostel, and then I had to wait for 05 hours. The second thing, the shared bathroom was fine, however I took a quite cold shower, that wasn't nice. But I recommend the hostel for people who is visiting NY, it's close to the subway station. The neighborhood is nice too.

• 19th Sep 2013

Staff were very friendly, helpful and informative. It was a great community atmosphere. I felt very looked after.

• 12th Sep 2013
  • Singapore

This place is not an hostel..is just a shelter for junkies, refugees, mentally ill and cockroaches... If you don't want to ruin your holiday and you don't want to get some nasty diseases, just stay away from this sickening place..

Only one thing bothered me. I had to move in another guestroom during my stay. I didn't know and still know the reason for this action. Because my first guestroom (no. 302) was nicer and more comfortable as the second one (no. 439). I had never felt so well in the second guestroom as in the first. As well as the restroom on the 3rd floor was better than the one on the 4th floor. All in all I liked to be in the Flushing YMCA because of the very kind and helpful staff.

• 22nd May 2013

Best value for money Y in NYC.

• 16th May 2013