Flushing YMCA Reviews

138-46 Northern Blvd., Flushing NY, New York, USA

Room was clean and comfortable, staff was very helpful.

• 14th Nov 2015
  • Dominican Republic

I booked one night here thinking I would get a private room after a long haul flight. Unfortunately my experience wasn't great. The noise from the street made it impossible to sleep, there were a lot of strange people lurking around and the bathroom facilities were a little dingy with only ice cold water coming from the showers. I can't fault the staff though they were really friendly and helpful.

it is a nice place. it is very economical and staff are nice. area is a bit away from the center but you can easily access by metro line 7. do not forget get your slipperies for bathroom

• 18th Sep 2015
  • Turkey

Please supply earplugs :) Very loud from the street

• 15th Sep 2015
  • Poland

Overall this place is miles away from the city, in the heat of Chinatown in fact so don't be expecting to feel that typical New York or even an American vibe. The girl who checked us in was a sweetheart though!! The room was tiny, smelt bad, seemed as though it was a box room, my cupboards at home are bigger!! Not worth what we paid for. The internet was crappy as well and because it is a YMCA there are always people coming and going, meaning that it doesn't feel very secure.

Staff was clueless bathroom need an upgrade as does the system & the rooms need professional bedbug cleaning!

As with all other YMCAs i thought that this would b another place to crash for a night. But Flushings had all the necessary amenities that made my stay more enjoyable. The staff members were friendly&responsive to my needs. There's a need to ensure that all rooms are non-smoking as my first room stank. Thanks

• 19th Jun 2015
  • Malaysia

don't expect too much about breakfast. they serve one orange juice and one bread. atmosphere was a little creepy. anyway there is a reason this hostel has not been described with more pictures. it was old and has a lot creepy residents there

Only concern was the key that went to my room opened up the door to the hallway. Does that mean my key would open up just any room?

• 19th May 2015

The Flushing Ymca is in a great location around 20 minutes to Laguardia via public transportation, roughly 30 minutes to Times Square, the neighborhood is great, so many places to eat, you can walk to the train station, only like 6 blocks away, there are numerous bus lines to take you to different parts of NY. I have stayed here several times, and will continue to do so each vacation. The 3rd floor is secure, need a key to enter. Was able to connect to wifi, and the connection was decent.

First things first, this is not a hotel. We stayed here for approximately one week after several different hostels and were positively surprised how good this was for the price. We got a twin room for the same price as normal dormbeds in Manhattan, in a really nice and safe neighborhood. It took about 1hr to get into Manhattan, but was not a problem at all if you don't mind spending the whole day there and come back in the evening. Airport connections were also good, both JFK and LaGuardia.

I booked my room a few months in advance, I even called to confirm my room a few hours before because my bus had broken down and I needed to say I'd be late, but when I got to the location, I was nowhere to be found on the roster. Thankfully I had my printout of my confirmation, but the fact that I was not on the list of names when I had booked so far in advance an even called, really displeased me. Other than that, fine stay.

• 8th May 2015

The rooms were like cells, the beds rock hard, the blankets scanty. The lamp was just for show and didn't attach to anything and the TV didn't work. Wifi was very limited. This is the worst place I've stayed in for many many years.

Absolutely awful customer service. I wouldn't reccommend this accommodation to anyone. We booked our stay 6 months in advance and booked a twin room (opposite genders, not a couple so didn't want to share a bed). We emailed the contact email address 3 times wanting to confirm our booking. It took 3 weeks for a reply and in the meantime I phoned to also confirm. We arrived and were told there was only 1 room available and it was just 1 bed. No apology was given and staff were extremely rude.

• 15th Apr 2015

Amazing hostel in Queens. Just 5min from train straight to Time Square. Really clean with very useful staff as well. Hostel have pool!!! which i have no chance to use unfortunately. Its easy to find. Also very safe.

Staff always helpful and friendly, despite pretty much always having other people to deal with - its a very busy place!

Best deal in Ny if you don't mind sharing a bathroom. Tons of restaurant and public transportation around. Cafe inside, fridge in room and microwave in hallway.

This is my go to spot Bc it's convenient to everything. I've always had a private room and they have the same thing. They come w a fridge, towels, and a tv. Never used the facilities but the cafe is cool.

It is a short walk away from the subway station in Queens. The private room was small, but had everything I needed for sleeping. Good for budget travellers on the off-season.

Wi Fi in rooms not working.

• 29th Dec 2014