Fly by Knight Courtyard Hostel Reviews

No.6 DengCao Hutong, DongCheng District, Beijing, China

Such a wonderful little oasis in the middle of Beijing city. it's the perfect old style setting next to the new modern street. I love the experience they provided. location is great, near a subway station to the end of the alley, and the nice cozy room with clean bathroom is rare in China. western breakfast was delicious for a change and great fresh coffee!! softest bed, better than then one I have at home. if i travel back to Beijing I will for sure stay here again.

A bit difficult to find at first, it's hidden in the end of a busy street. But once arrived it was much easier to get oriented with a map. The girls at the reception was very helpful with all aspects, and the rooms are kept nice and clean. A bit cold in the winter but once the heater warmed up at night it's at a comfortable level. The soft bed provided really good sleep

• 5th Dec 2014
  • Austria

Coolest hostel ever! They had the most clean toilets and shower I've ever seen in china! Dorm room was really nice! A hotel level I would say. Superior service and nice breakfast! Western fried eggs and becon was awesome! Really enjoyed my stay

• 5th Dec 2014

This is more like a BnB than a hostel. I booked a dorm for the first night and then changed to a single room after, which is perferctly cozy and comfortable. the room was for female only and it was really nice. the room included English style breakfast and that was a nice touch. I really like the location of this hostel because it's right in the center of the city but not on the major noisy street. I rented a bike for the day, other than the cold wind, it was perfect. happy about my stay!

• 4th Dec 2014
  • Romania

The hostel is great! they set up a nice turkey dinner party and I was happy to enjoy western festival in Beijing! The environment was great! staff are super friendly. and they have really good quality coffee in the morning which is rare in China (even in Beijing city). I had a good time here, thank you guys!

• 4th Dec 2014

This is definitely one of the most unique hostel experience I have, the whole hostel is a giant ancient China house. in a way it was living in a dream, so nice,, peaceful, and relaxing. the surrounding hutongs are just what I imagined and wanted to see about Beijing. they also have one of the best bed and pillows in all hostel experiences, which provided the essential condition for me to have a few great night of sleep! I will come back and stay here again in the future.

• 3rd Dec 2014

Excellent hostel and perfect in every way! this is one of those hidden gem style hostel! in the middle of the city center but tucked away in the end of a street alley. 5 min walk to the major subway station. the staff were doing great jobs helping me out with every day questions! the rooms are also kept very clean and comfortable. there is a very nice central yard which gives a peaceful zen feeling. I would recommend this place to everyone looking for a quality stay in Beijing!

• 3rd Dec 2014
  • Czech Republic

I wouldn't stay at this hostel again. I have stayed in nicer hostels in Beijing that were much cheaper. I reserved the 6 bed dorm but they only had the 8 bed dorm for me when I arrived at the hostel. The beds were comfortable but there are no reading lights so make sure to bring a flashlight if you don't want to wake up your roommates. The power plug is on the floor so you need to leave your stuff on the floor while it's charging. The common room is very small and isn't open late. Lockers small

Would recommend this hostel to anyone visiting the Beijing area. Staff are very friendly and have excellent English language skills. The hostel is on a quiet hutong located withing walking distance to delicious restaurants, good shopping and most sights. Thanks for the great stay!!

• 14th Nov 2014

The cleanest and most comfortable hostel I've ever stayed in. The beds are perfect and the rooms warm and well decorated. The hostel is very secure and the staff are very courteous and helpful. The hutong courtyard is beautiful. The hostel is hard to find initially. It's really quiet and peaceful (not a party hostel). Easy to book a trip to Great Wall, and the facilities are good (laundry service etc).

• 12th Nov 2014

I was looking for the most authentic experience in Beijing and fly by knight provided more than that. The comfort level was kept highest and the staff are super helpful. I would recommend this place to all looking for a great stay in Beijing!

Perfect hostel with great location! Love it!

• 8th Nov 2014
  • Mexico

Friendly hostel with great facilities. Location is right in the central city. The also helped me organized theGreat Wall trip which saves me a lot of time. I would recommend to everyone

• 7th Nov 2014

a really quite courtyard in the end of an old Beijing alley, I had best sleep experience here. the beds and pillows are extremely comfortable. staff are really friendly and were always there to help. great vibe at night when everyone came back from the day trip and chat in the common area.

• 5th Nov 2014
  • Taiwan

好棒的體驗!非常舒服的四合院,還有熱情的員工!這裡好像家,非常溫暖。下次回北京一定要再住一次!!

• 4th Nov 2014
  • Taiwan

Great hostel!

• 3rd Nov 2014

Everything is good! I really enjoyed my stay

• All Male Group, 31-40

It's nice to have female dorm as one of the choice. The room I was assigned to was vey cozy and comfortable,and clean. The common area is next to me room with great space to chat with other travellers. Location of the hostel can't be better, it's right in the middle of this big city. Food, supermarket, subway, all within walking distance. Perfect choice in Beijing.

• Wales

This is an amazing and beautiful hutong hostel! It is very clean and well maintained. Inside the room, there is a heater. However, the weather in Beijing is very dry, one has to put on tons of lotion. The breakfast is simple and delicious. The staff are very warm and friendly, they are super helpful at giving advice on traveling tips. It just feels like home!!

• 2nd Nov 2014
  • Macau

I had a really pleasant time staying here, totally relaxed, Thank you so much!

• 2nd Nov 2014