Fly by Knight Courtyard Hostel Reviews

No.6 DengCao Hutong, DongCheng District, Beijing, China

Such an amazing place to stay! a real experience in Beijing hutong and beautiful house. the rooms are clean and beds are comfortable. there are some ages in this hostel, but personally I think it adds flavors to its uniqueness. great location in the middle of everywhere. most friendly staff since I arrived China. they even helped me arrange the trip to my next destination and helped booked another great hostel that they refer to. I wouldn't stay anywhere else but here when I come back!

The hostel itself was nice -- staff was helpful, but not incredibly social. Not a problem, but just something to keep in mind. Rooms were fine and the remainder of others who stay here are friendly and courteous, but your mileage may vary. Location, as mentioned, is a little difficult to find at first. The hutong street this is on is not bad either -- the food was delicious! The tour [read: shuttle bus] is very convenient; we felt Jinshanling is worth the time and distance over Mutianyu.

• 1st May 2015
  • All Male Group, 25-30

This hostel is very accommodating and the staff is friendly. The facilities are satisfactory, but could be cleaner. The environment is relaxed and friendly.

Located in the middle of a small neighbourhood. Kind of confusing to find at first, but once you know your way around it's great. Very close to the subway station. Helpful staff too. Not the most lively place though...but very authentic building

Comfortable, atmospheric, friendly and good value

• 4th Apr 2015

This hostel probably has the most comfortable beds in China but you definitely end up paying a premium for them. It's located in a gorgeous traditional building in one of the hutongs. Staff were friendly and the wifi was good. There's a small public area but people don't hang out there much.

The staff was amazing and helped me out so much.

It's pretty cozy environment, for the first timers to Beijing it's a good place to consider. And you must try to go up to the roof top to see the siheyuan。

Friendly staff, cool location in Beijing hutongs. Stayed in a dorm and cleanliness could be better. Also not sure about value for money in a share room as it is quite expensive compared with other hostels.

The hostel heating was very poor and in the middle of winter when the temperature is -7 degrees it is very unpleaseant to be having to sleep in thermals and jumpers. The hostel though is lovely on the inside and very old school chinese and I'm sure would be lovely in summer. The station is about 5-10 minutes walk through some alleyways but they seem to be safe enough

This was my mum's first time at a hostel and she had only good things to say! I liked the atmosphere and the staff were really friendly and were patient with us when we had heaps of questions about Great Wall tours. The only downside was the ironically dark Dengcao Hutong at night, but if you go down Lishi Hutong instead there are restaurants and streetlights.

This was definitely the best hostel on my trip, this hostel is more like a vacation house (even in the winter). great hospitality from the owner and crew. the rooms are kept very clean and cozy. great breakfast platter really helped started the day. couldn't ask for a better location, it's right there in the city of beijing which made traveling so much easier. subway is really cheap in beijing so it helped cut down the cost. a super market was nearby and a few nice coffee shops around.

it's a very authentic stylish hostel! the most friendly hostel staff I can think of, really clean and comfortable, the location is nice and near a subway. if I come back to Beijing, I will definitely stay here again!

Such a wonderful little oasis in the middle of Beijing city. it's the perfect old style setting next to the new modern street. I love the experience they provided. location is great, near a subway station to the end of the alley, and the nice cozy room with clean bathroom is rare in China. western breakfast was delicious for a change and great fresh coffee!! softest bed, better than then one I have at home. if i travel back to Beijing I will for sure stay here again.

A bit difficult to find at first, it's hidden in the end of a busy street. But once arrived it was much easier to get oriented with a map. The girls at the reception was very helpful with all aspects, and the rooms are kept nice and clean. A bit cold in the winter but once the heater warmed up at night it's at a comfortable level. The soft bed provided really good sleep

• 5th Dec 2014
  • Austria

Coolest hostel ever! They had the most clean toilets and shower I've ever seen in china! Dorm room was really nice! A hotel level I would say. Superior service and nice breakfast! Western fried eggs and becon was awesome! Really enjoyed my stay

• 5th Dec 2014

This is more like a BnB than a hostel. I booked a dorm for the first night and then changed to a single room after, which is perferctly cozy and comfortable. the room was for female only and it was really nice. the room included English style breakfast and that was a nice touch. I really like the location of this hostel because it's right in the center of the city but not on the major noisy street. I rented a bike for the day, other than the cold wind, it was perfect. happy about my stay!

• 4th Dec 2014
  • Romania

The hostel is great! they set up a nice turkey dinner party and I was happy to enjoy western festival in Beijing! The environment was great! staff are super friendly. and they have really good quality coffee in the morning which is rare in China (even in Beijing city). I had a good time here, thank you guys!

• 4th Dec 2014

This is definitely one of the most unique hostel experience I have, the whole hostel is a giant ancient China house. in a way it was living in a dream, so nice,, peaceful, and relaxing. the surrounding hutongs are just what I imagined and wanted to see about Beijing. they also have one of the best bed and pillows in all hostel experiences, which provided the essential condition for me to have a few great night of sleep! I will come back and stay here again in the future.

• 3rd Dec 2014

Excellent hostel and perfect in every way! this is one of those hidden gem style hostel! in the middle of the city center but tucked away in the end of a street alley. 5 min walk to the major subway station. the staff were doing great jobs helping me out with every day questions! the rooms are also kept very clean and comfortable. there is a very nice central yard which gives a peaceful zen feeling. I would recommend this place to everyone looking for a quality stay in Beijing!

• 3rd Dec 2014