Fly by Knight Courtyard Hostel Reviews

No.6 DengCao Hutong, DongCheng District, Beijing, China

Paid 150 RMB for a bed in an 8 person dorm, I know that Beijing (along with Shanghai) demand a premium, but I felt the value I received for the money wasn't justified. The facilities of the hostel were really nice and the hostel has a lot of character. The hostel is also smaller than other options in Beijing, so it may be difficult to meet many travellers.

Tucked away gem, in a Hutong. Located near good metro stop - easy to get to all sights... Traditional look, with modern feel

Greate place to meet amazing staffs and fellow travellers! A little expensive compared to other hostel but you got the chance to live in a siheyuan :)

Friendly staff willing to help

• 10th Jul 2014
  • Switzerland

Very expensive for a hostel with average facilities, but a good location and friendly staff.

Good location. Some staff not the friendliest but mostly they were helpful. Bathroom wasn't that clean. Courtyard nice though and would stay again

The highlight is definitely the novelty of staying in a beautiful traditional courtyard within a real Beijing hutong. The look and feel of the place is impressive. Location was very central in Beijing but suffers slightly due to its 6-7 minute walk in to the hutong and because it is difficult to get a taxi there unless you can give the driver another nearby dropoff point (Beijing cabbies are tough to deal with). It is quiet and not overly social so feels slightly more like a hotel than hostel.

This was an excellent place to stay. The staff spoke good English, and were very friendly and informative. The rooms were clean, excellent showers and had good AC. The hostel was located down a quiet street away from the noise, and it was only a 7 minute walk away from the metro. I highly recommend this place.

I'm so pleased with the invironment, I could not have had a better stay in Beijing. It is located perfectly if you want to do sightseeing, shopping, eating, seeing big large important peices of history. Or if you just want to get to know the hipster kind of style in Beijing, go for it!

• 24th Jun 2014
  • Sweden

A bit over-rated, really nothing special. You can get hostels for half the price in the Hutong area which are equally nice, if not nicer. Also there was no air-con in my dorm, which was a nightmare and wifi only in the common area (which locks for the night..)

A bit hard to find. Quite franly, I expected more. The biggest advantages are the whole feel of the place and it's location in a true hutong, making everything feel more authentic. Other then that, everything else is pretty as expected - this is China, so standards for foreign travellers are a bit lower. Staff is OK but keeps talking in Chinese and English is a bit of an issue. Mixed success with getting tips on where to go. Would probably try another place next time in Beijing.

• 19th Jun 2014
  • Croatia

Don't hesitate booking at this hostel if you like small hostels. It's great, up there with the best in the world that I've stayed in. Definitely worth the high ratings. Thanks Fly by Knight.

People of this youth hostel very friendly and always helping you (translet sentences in chinese, borrow umbrella, power adaptator and give you good advices for places...) Uouth hostel in a very safe quarter, governlebt quarter. and really easy to meet people... recommended for all...

I had the pleasure of staying at the Fly by Knight Courtyard Hostel twice during the time I was in China and both times were great.The showers are in perfect condition, beds were always clean and comfortable. We stayed in the dorms one of our stays and a private room for the other both were good value for money. We had the unfortunate experience of missing our flights so we called the Hostel at 12 am and in no time had a room to stay in which was a life saver considering our circumstances.

Great place, incredible staff and a really friendly vibe.

great hostel located in a very quite area. Not far from the subway station, but gotta be careful if you are going back after 11pm because the alley doesn't have sufficient light.

It is a good hostel , hard to find the first time although ask for clear directions in an email and you should be able to find it. It is clean and the staff are very helpful and friendly. They offer a great wall tour which is expensive but convenient. I felt that the hostel had a good atmosphere but its a bit on the quiet side so maybe a bit hard to meet other travellers.

I absolutely fell inlove with this Hostel ! The beds were the best beds I have EVER been in all of Asia ! I wish this was a franchise so I could stay here like everywhere in china ! Like honestly everything was so nice and the shower was amazing and they gave you towels and it was clean and just so cool because you felt you lived like in ancient china but inside was all modern :) you HAVE to stay here !

• 30th May 2014

amazing hostel with perfect setting in the center of city. Super clean and comfortable, great passionate staff. A must stay hostel in Beijing!

Perhaps one of my best hostel experience. The combination of both great room setup and personal service helped me feel home right away. The bedding, just simply amazing, more comfortable than I can possibly imagine (I want to bring them home!). Good location and easy snacking on local food. Will come back and definitely will recommend to everyone.

« first « Prev 1 2 3