Fly by Knight Courtyard Hostel Reviews

No.6 DengCao Hutong, DongCheng District, Beijing, China

I stayed one night in the dorm and two nights in their private room, I must say I enjoyed both. They kept a really nice hostel vibe while enough privacy when needed. The staff are very friendly and more like a big family. Nice location, well situated by subway system nearby. The private room include full English breakfast which is a very nice touch! I enjoyed my stay here

• 20th Aug 2014
  • New Zealand

Nice and friendly hostel. Staff speaks good english and helped me buying train tickets and even cut my hair ;) Rooms are clean and have lockers. EasY to find. A bit unreliable with the laundry but everything turned out fine in the end. Would dedinately stay there again!

I've traveled 2 months and this is the first place for me to fully relaxed and enjoy. The most comfortable bed and clean. Really good location!

Awesome place! Location is great and people are friendly. Will definitely come back!

Absolutely fantastic hostel! One of the best choice! Recommended!!

• 17th Aug 2014

the most comfortable hostel in China for sure. Staff speak great English and being helpful all the time. Good shower and clean toilet. Can't complaint!

• 16th Aug 2014

I am very glad I stayed here, had some nice memories. the hostel itself is very authentic (it's in a beautiful Beijing Hutong with real experience of Beijing life) the rooms are very nicely decorated and the beds are so comfotable, I had some of my best sleep on the trip. really clean bathrooms and common areas, and the breakfast was delicious! (nice touch with the English style breakfast). the staff went out of their way to help me with anthing. overall, I love this place!

• 16th Aug 2014

Great place! Really friendly staff, nice environment. Probably the best dorm bed I've ever tried. Clean and well-organized. The location is perfect for seeing Beijing.

• 16th Aug 2014

Pros: Nice staff, great place to experience Chinese culture. Clean facilities with towels and shampoo provided. Cons: No complimentary breakfast for ensuite residents. A bit far from subway station (10-15min walk) and quite dark when going back at night.

Staffs were really kind, nice. But, bathroom was too dirty to take a shower and too far from subway station, though old beijing building was good.

• 6th Aug 2014
  • South Korea

This place is beautiful! However, it's in a very seclusive area that can be a little difficult to find. It takes some walking down some alleys to get to the place, and it gets creepy at night. The traditional structure of everything is fantastic though! Staff was very friendly and helpful. Internet is kind of lacking, but that's because it's using a cellular internet service provider.

It was tough to find, even with the directions they gave, but once I found it it was great.

Me and my friend stay in Fly by knight hostel for 5 days, generally all are good. The staff there are nice and helpful. We stay in room 101, i would suggest the hostel management to add a chair to that room for convenient purpose. Cheers.

• 29th Jul 2014
  • Singapore

Overall, a nice hostel with character and very helpful staff who can organise good tours to the Great Wall. Compared to other places in China, the bedroom seemed quite small and basic for the price we were paying (although prices must be generally higher in Beijing) although on the plus side it had a great hot shower. The Hutong location is a little hard to find at first but is a really interesting area.

Paid 150 RMB for a bed in an 8 person dorm, I know that Beijing (along with Shanghai) demand a premium, but I felt the value I received for the money wasn't justified. The facilities of the hostel were really nice and the hostel has a lot of character. The hostel is also smaller than other options in Beijing, so it may be difficult to meet many travellers.

I loved how the hostel is located in a hutong, so you get to see an authentic side of China, but feel close enough to the main areas and a subway station at the same time. It's the best of both worlds: traditional and convenient. The staff is incredibly helpful and capable of answering questions. I appreciate so much about Fly by Knight!

Awesome people!!! the personnel was so helpful !! I recommand :)

Tucked away gem, in a Hutong. Located near good metro stop - easy to get to all sights... Traditional look, with modern feel

Greate place to meet amazing staffs and fellow travellers! A little expensive compared to other hostel but you got the chance to live in a siheyuan :)

Friendly staff willing to help

• 10th Jul 2014