Fly by Knight Courtyard Hostel Reviews

No.6 DengCao Hutong, DongCheng District, Beijing, China

Excelllent hostel in a beijing hutong. Make sure to climb the roof (with staff supervision) and take in the view!

• 3rd Apr 2014
  • Mexico

Thank you for your review! I am glad that you enjoyed hutong life style and liked our roof view :)

Very charming little hostel, the perfect place for a traditional, intimate Chinese courtyard experience. I loved the garden, the architecture and interior design! The female dorm was pretty, clean and comfortable.

• 26th Mar 2014
  • Japan

Thank you so much for your comment! and thank you for your little gift, hope to see you again soon!

Der ideale Aufenthaltsort in Peking: ein renoviertes Hutong mit herrlichem Innenhof, freundliche und hilfreiche Mitarbeiter, top-sicher und sauber, in U-Bahn- und Supermarkt-Nähe, eine wahre Oase!

Thank you Irina: sorry we can't type German, but we just want to know that you are a great guest. hope you enjoyed our Datong hostel as well.

nice and quiet place, such a calming environment! Good location for traveling 5 min to subway, supermarket and all. Staff very friendly and knowledge about Beijing. I really enjoyed my time here.

• 21st Mar 2014

Thank you for your comment! we really enjoyed your staying too, thank you for adding our book exchange collection!

I had an excellent time staying here. The staff were not just friendly, they also made me feel like families. They hosted a food event and I was invited to be part of it, so delicious and fun. I will definitely come back again

• 21st Mar 2014

Thank you for your comment! we are happy that you liked our food party! come back in the summer! we will have it more often!

I'm in love this place! Absolutely perfect little hostel in a mega city. Great location hidden in the small alleys, real quiet at night. Kept the room nice and clean, there's British style breakfast to start the day. Staff helped everything I ever need. There's always a good reason to stay in a hostel and this hostel conclude all.

• 20th Mar 2014

the most comfortable beds I've ever slept on! amazing quality for hostels (even thou it is a little bit of higher in price but it's definitely worth it!). city center location is nice too, I didn't have much time for my trip so it's nice to be near everything. fun place to meet other people, it gets crowded in the evening but after they close the office hour it's much quieter. will come back here when I visit beijing agian.

• 19th Mar 2014

The hostel is situated in a beautiful courtyard house! Staying here made my trip very pleasant! Love it!

I usually prefer to stay in hotels that have female dorms, and I think fly by knight hostel has one of the best and most comfortable female dorm room. the place makes me feel very safe, the security is nice because there's a key card for everyone (access restricted at night). the common area are very friendly too, you can buy drinks and just leave money on the reception table money pile, and no one will ask if you have paid or not. the bathroom is nice and clean, easy walk to the subway station

• 18th Mar 2014

it's a lovely house with a warm staff team! I like the common room is set up nicely so travellers meet each other easily. great location for attraction sites, and the also very clean. I was invited to their dinner once and it was great home cooking meal.

The staff is very nice.

• 15th Mar 2014
  • Hong Kong

It is easily the top 3 hostels in the world! the rooms are kept so nice and clean! center location in Beijing but hidden in the alley of old area residence. both staff and other guests are very nice, easy to meet travelers and enjoy the city together. they also have martial arts classes but I didn't get to participate, fun to watch thou. recommending this to everyone on my trip!

A very friendly place. nicely located in Beijing city, easy to go to anywhere. clean, comfortable, and beautiful rooms. really enjoy the common area and fast wifi internet. fresh cooked breakfast was a big plus. a friend recommended this place and I will definitely recommend to everyone!

Wonderful experience! I met many interesting people in this place, and the staff is super friendly and helpful. the rooms are kept very clean and modern, and of course, the location makes my trip very easy. it is the best hostel I have ever stayed in, i will recommend this place to everyone.

It was the best hostel of my trip. I had a great sleep! Really passionate staff and delicious breakfast! Will come back for sure!

Perfect in every way!

I have come back to this hostel every time I come to Beijing, but it's the first time in winter. the room is well heated and very comfortable, there are not as many people as in the summer, but still a great environment. I always meet very interesting travellers in this house, one of the top hostels in my opinion

We had a great time in Beijing at this hostel, it had a good location and felt very secure. The hostel staff even sent on my phone (after I forgot it) to the next hostel. The only criticism would be for the bathroom which had a weird layout and never seemed to drain properly, leaving a wet floor almost constantly.

Not very easy to find, but most gems aren't ! Well worth the money, got in late from America my first night and was exhausted the manager that night went and made me fresh dumplings and soup just for me... Excellent staff and atmosphere, can't recommend any higher! Loved it!

At the beginning was a bit tricky to find the hostel but it was worth it. The place is such a cool and authentic atmosphere, we arrive very late like around 2 am but the staff was very welcoming. Room was clean and the bathroom was cleaned everyday. Again the staff was amazing they were always smiling and they were giving us lots of suggestions and accommodating all of ours requests, they even found a driver for us. So far the best hostel I have been to in China, I definitely recommend it!!

• 19th Dec 2013