Fly by Knight Courtyard Hostel Reviews

No.6 DengCao Hutong, DongCheng District, Beijing, China

Really nice hostel! It's not a big sized hostel which makes the service very personal and great! The room is cozy and warm, fascinating decoration and best bed during my trip. Kept very clean and neat. The hutong area is authentic and I was happy to experience real Beijing here.

• 2nd Nov 2014

definitely my favorite hostel. top quality bed and excellent service from the staff. it's location is also great too, although I think most of Beijing hostels are in the nearby area. the subway dongsi line easily connects every major touristy spot, which is great for my short time of visit in Beijing.they also provide western breakfast for a reasonable price range. it feels like home than a hostel.

very special hostel, clean neat and stylish being hutong style

I stayed almost a week at the Fly by Knight Courtyard Hostel. The hostel is clean, it's near a subway station, with which you can reach any of Beijing's sights quickly, and looks very cute. What makes the hostel so exceptional though is the staff. They are very kind and sweet people that will go the extra mile to help you with any problem or question you have. I have never felt as welcome and 'at home' in a hostel as in this one. If I ever come back to Beijing I will definitely stay there again.

• 30th Sep 2014

숙소에서 버스정류장과 지하철역에 7-10분임 도착하고 버스로 15-20분이면 경산공원 고궁 북해공원 미술관등을 구경할 수 있다. 더운물을 얻는데 눈치를 주지않으며, 방말고 스텝이 머무는 공간에서 라면을 밤에 먹을 수 있고 컴퓨터를 할 수 있는 공간이 있어 좋았다. 외국인들은 숙소안의 마당에서 와인파티를 하던데 전혀 눈치를 주지 않았다. 외국인들과 영어로 만리장성투어를 신청해서 갈 수 있으며(모전욕장성, 진산령장성) 개인적으로 가는 것보다는 비쌌지만 그냥저냥 괜찮았다. 숙소 근처에 슈퍼가 없으므로 지하철이나 버스정류장 근처 편의점에서 먹을 것을 사오는게 좋고, 들어오는 골목이 좁고 약간 어두워 처음엔 조금 무섭긴 한데 익숙함 괜찮았다. 화장실과 샤워시설이 방에 같이 있는데 솔직히 청소를 안하는지 깨끗하진 않았지만 물수압이 쎄고 따듯한 물이 잘 나와 쓸만했다. 숙소가 10월인데도 추워 겉옷입고 잤고 여기도 모기가 있어 물렸다. 개인사물함 작은것이 있어 귀중품은 보관할 수 있다.

Fantastic atmosphere, right amongst the local Beijing people in the heart of a Hutong. The room we had was great [dbl bed + private bathroom], however the price for the night did seem quite high in hindsight. I'm sure slightly more comfortable accommodation could be found at the same price, however right amongst the Chinese people in a 600 year old Hutong? I think not. ps - looks fantastic at night also.

• 29th Sep 2014

A great place to stay! The courtyard is a nice and quite place where you can relax from busy Beijing. The hostel is a really good place to start your trip round Beijing. It takes 5 min to the metro station or you can walk in 20 min directly to Beijing's famous shopping street. They are offering a good tour to the great wall. And finally, the staff is really nice and helpful.

helpful staff, packed dorm, good experience

I really enjoyed my stay, this hostel recreated a perfect China style villa, fully relaxed and comfortable. There's more than enough space in the dorm room and a nice yard right out. People are really nice and ready to help anytime. The only down side was there are a lot of people druring breakfast, but I guess it's travel season so I can't really blame them. I would definitely come back and stay here again

• 21st Aug 2014
  • Spain

I'm very grateful to find such a heart-warming hostel in Beijing. Everyone is nice, helpful. The environment is nicely set up and really we'll located in the huge city of Beijing, close to a subway station. Probably the most clean bathroom I'll ever find in China, nice and soft bed...I can go on and on. It's one of the best pick I had during my travel.

• 20th Aug 2014

Really nice hostel, both qualities of the facilities and the staff are superb. I will recommend to everyone I see.

• 20th Aug 2014

I stayed one night in the dorm and two nights in their private room, I must say I enjoyed both. They kept a really nice hostel vibe while enough privacy when needed. The staff are very friendly and more like a big family. Nice location, well situated by subway system nearby. The private room include full English breakfast which is a very nice touch! I enjoyed my stay here

• New Zealand

Nice and friendly hostel. Staff speaks good english and helped me buying train tickets and even cut my hair ;) Rooms are clean and have lockers. EasY to find. A bit unreliable with the laundry but everything turned out fine in the end. Would dedinately stay there again!

I've traveled 2 months and this is the first place for me to fully relaxed and enjoy. The most comfortable bed and clean. Really good location!

Awesome place! Location is great and people are friendly. Will definitely come back!

Absolutely fantastic hostel! One of the best choice! Recommended!!

• 17th Aug 2014

the most comfortable hostel in China for sure. Staff speak great English and being helpful all the time. Good shower and clean toilet. Can't complaint!

• 16th Aug 2014

I am very glad I stayed here, had some nice memories. the hostel itself is very authentic (it's in a beautiful Beijing Hutong with real experience of Beijing life) the rooms are very nicely decorated and the beds are so comfotable, I had some of my best sleep on the trip. really clean bathrooms and common areas, and the breakfast was delicious! (nice touch with the English style breakfast). the staff went out of their way to help me with anthing. overall, I love this place!

• 16th Aug 2014

Great place! Really friendly staff, nice environment. Probably the best dorm bed I've ever tried. Clean and well-organized. The location is perfect for seeing Beijing.

• 16th Aug 2014

Pros: Nice staff, great place to experience Chinese culture. Clean facilities with towels and shampoo provided. Cons: No complimentary breakfast for ensuite residents. A bit far from subway station (10-15min walk) and quite dark when going back at night.