Fly by Knight Courtyard Hostel Reviews

No.6 DengCao Hutong, DongCheng District, Beijing, China

Me and my friend stay in Fly by knight hostel for 5 days, generally all are good. The staff there are nice and helpful. We stay in room 101, i would suggest the hostel management to add a chair to that room for convenient purpose. Cheers.

• 29th Jul 2014
  • Singapore

Overall, a nice hostel with character and very helpful staff who can organise good tours to the Great Wall. Compared to other places in China, the bedroom seemed quite small and basic for the price we were paying (although prices must be generally higher in Beijing) although on the plus side it had a great hot shower. The Hutong location is a little hard to find at first but is a really interesting area.

Paid 150 RMB for a bed in an 8 person dorm, I know that Beijing (along with Shanghai) demand a premium, but I felt the value I received for the money wasn't justified. The facilities of the hostel were really nice and the hostel has a lot of character. The hostel is also smaller than other options in Beijing, so it may be difficult to meet many travellers.

I loved how the hostel is located in a hutong, so you get to see an authentic side of China, but feel close enough to the main areas and a subway station at the same time. It's the best of both worlds: traditional and convenient. The staff is incredibly helpful and capable of answering questions. I appreciate so much about Fly by Knight!

Awesome people!!! the personnel was so helpful !! I recommand :)

Tucked away gem, in a Hutong. Located near good metro stop - easy to get to all sights... Traditional look, with modern feel

Greate place to meet amazing staffs and fellow travellers! A little expensive compared to other hostel but you got the chance to live in a siheyuan :)

Friendly staff willing to help

• 10th Jul 2014
  • Switzerland

Very expensive for a hostel with average facilities, but a good location and friendly staff.

I had booked and paid for a dorm with an ensuite bathroom, but to accommodate other guests I was moved to another room mid-stay. The first room was great but the second room was at the back, dirty, without wifi, and shared the toilet and one shower (which was accessible to anyone) with at least one Chinese family. A few girls in my dorm had also been moved or downgraded. Make sure you ask specific questions if they mention a move at check-in. I wouldn't recommend or go back.

Good location. Some staff not the friendliest but mostly they were helpful. Bathroom wasn't that clean. Courtyard nice though and would stay again

The highlight is definitely the novelty of staying in a beautiful traditional courtyard within a real Beijing hutong. The look and feel of the place is impressive. Location was very central in Beijing but suffers slightly due to its 6-7 minute walk in to the hutong and because it is difficult to get a taxi there unless you can give the driver another nearby dropoff point (Beijing cabbies are tough to deal with). It is quiet and not overly social so feels slightly more like a hotel than hostel.

This was an excellent place to stay. The staff spoke good English, and were very friendly and informative. The rooms were clean, excellent showers and had good AC. The hostel was located down a quiet street away from the noise, and it was only a 7 minute walk away from the metro. I highly recommend this place.

I'm so pleased with the invironment, I could not have had a better stay in Beijing. It is located perfectly if you want to do sightseeing, shopping, eating, seeing big large important peices of history. Or if you just want to get to know the hipster kind of style in Beijing, go for it!

• 24th Jun 2014
  • Sweden

A bit over-rated, really nothing special. You can get hostels for half the price in the Hutong area which are equally nice, if not nicer. Also there was no air-con in my dorm, which was a nightmare and wifi only in the common area (which locks for the night..)

A bit hard to find. Quite franly, I expected more. The biggest advantages are the whole feel of the place and it's location in a true hutong, making everything feel more authentic. Other then that, everything else is pretty as expected - this is China, so standards for foreign travellers are a bit lower. Staff is OK but keeps talking in Chinese and English is a bit of an issue. Mixed success with getting tips on where to go. Would probably try another place next time in Beijing.

• 19th Jun 2014
  • Croatia

Don't hesitate booking at this hostel if you like small hostels. It's great, up there with the best in the world that I've stayed in. Definitely worth the high ratings. Thanks Fly by Knight.

People of this youth hostel very friendly and always helping you (translet sentences in chinese, borrow umbrella, power adaptator and give you good advices for places...) Uouth hostel in a very safe quarter, governlebt quarter. and really easy to meet people... recommended for all...

I had the pleasure of staying at the Fly by Knight Courtyard Hostel twice during the time I was in China and both times were great.The showers are in perfect condition, beds were always clean and comfortable. We stayed in the dorms one of our stays and a private room for the other both were good value for money. We had the unfortunate experience of missing our flights so we called the Hostel at 12 am and in no time had a room to stay in which was a life saver considering our circumstances.

Great place, incredible staff and a really friendly vibe.