Fly by Knight Courtyard Hostel Reviews

No.6 DengCao Hutong, DongCheng District, Beijing, China

amazing hostel with perfect setting in the center of city. Super clean and comfortable, great passionate staff. A must stay hostel in Beijing!

Perhaps one of my best hostel experience. The combination of both great room setup and personal service helped me feel home right away. The bedding, just simply amazing, more comfortable than I can possibly imagine (I want to bring them home!). Good location and easy snacking on local food. Will come back and definitely will recommend to everyone.

Wonderful stay! Very helpful staff, spoke English and had great recommendations. Thank you, Fly By Knight!

• 27th May 2014

My best sleep for over 3 month trip was here, the quality of the mattress and bed sheets were unbelievably comfortable! Spotless clean room and bright shower. 10 min to a major subway that took me everywhere in less than 10 min. They have a beautiful yard with outdoor table and chairs. I can only hope to find another perfect hostel like this because I have raised my standard after staying here!

• 19th May 2014

It's probably my best hostel experience, in fact it's more like a deluxe guesthouse than a typical hostel. it's incredibly clean, well organized with all the info I need for travel, and the staff are being extremely helpful. the location is great too. real authentic Chinese house made my trip in Beijing much more memorable. I will tell everyone to stay here.

• 18th May 2014

it's one of a rare perfect hostel in China. the beds are very comfortable and the showers are nice. best location I can find because it's 15 min subway to all attraction points. the staff are very helping. recommend!

• 18th May 2014

It's really comfortable and friendly.

• 17th May 2014
  • South Korea

This is an exceptional hostel, the staff are exceptionally attentive, very helpful while remaining unintrusive, and have high standards for maintenance. It is a relaxing pleasure to stay here, particularly for the older traveller or for women travelling alone.

Nice hostel in Beijing , stayed around a weeks , very quiet and staffs really helpful , just can't even connect the WiFi in backsite room , need to go to yard everytimes want to connect , kinda inconvenient .

• 13th May 2014
  • Malaysia

Good hostel, clean and comfortable, located in a nice hutong lane, not too far from local food and one station away from nanluoguxiang for those who'd enjoy a nice beer and some live music. I went to the Great Wall Jinshangling with the tour organized by the hostel : it was pricey but worth it ! We had the wall for ourselves (15people) and it was not a scam-packed tour like we sometimes encounter. Had a great stay, I would recommend it

Beautiful little hostel with charming staff and atmosphere. At that price it's very hard to get anything better and a more enjoyable stay. Only a small problem, in some dorms there are not enough keys for lockers, or keycards to access them.

Such a nice building, I took photos of it as if it were a sight. Great example of Hutong architecture.

Amazing and authentic Chinese hostel with a great atmosphere and friendly, helpful staff.. Near metro making it easy to get to any attraction.. Very clean.. Will definitely be stating here again!

We loved the friendly and helpful staff and the gorgeous courtyard and surrounding area. And the beds were brilliantly comfy. We weren't so keen on crossing the courtyard to use the bathroom/toilet (would not be good if it was any colder) and the breakfast, although great to be made fresh would maybe have been so much better if it was an authentic Beijing breakfast. But thank you for a lovely stay!

The hostel smelled a little weird. It would be great if you could provide a map with your recommendations on Beijing and the surrounding neighborhood (sights, restaurants, etc). It would be great if you could send links with pictures on the welcoming email, as it is VEERY hard to get there.

They have the most comfortable beds! It's already a good enough reason to come back again and again! Of course, everything else is perfect too. But I just have to say, the beds are amazing!

• 17th Apr 2014

Really clean and comfortable hostel. Great staff and excellent service.

• Spain

Such a wonderful experience it was to stay here! I extended my Beijing trip and luckily I got their last bed. The house is packed with very nice travelers! I can feel the environment of this hostel is much nicer than any other regular youth hostels. A good sense of mutual respect for each other, provided good service by the friendly staff sure made it pleasant for everyone. 5 stars!

• Mexico

Fly by Knight provides you the experience of living in a hutong, with great street sights and a calm environment. The staff is very friendly and caring, and I loved the concept of honesty (you leave money at the front desk for what you consume, without anyone chasing you around) I found the female dorm to be a little bit cramped, but single rooms are hotel-worthy. It has a good location, though the path to get there might get a little too dark in the night.

Great place with very helpful English speaking staff!