Flying Dog Hostel Arequipa

Fabulous 155 Total Reviews

• Australia, Female, 18-24
8th Feb 2017
6.0

Very basic. No wifi in rooms, common areas only. Hot water! Nice enough rooms but my mattress was hard as a rock. Breakfast was stale. Staff were kind. The resident cat and dog made it a bit better.

• Ireland, Couple, 25-30
2nd Feb 2017

We stayed in a double room with a private bathroom for 3 nights and we really enjoyed the stay. It's not a party hostel and was quite quiet. The building is central and secure. Our room was on the main courtyard so we had great wifi in our room, but I heard others didn't. They have a hostel dog, Misty who was happy during the day but loud at night when people came in late. We asked if she could be taken care of in a room rather than the courtyard and the manager was happy to oblige.

• England, Male, 31-40
21st Nov 2016

A decent hostel in a good location and with friendly helpful staff. My private ensuite room was fine. I liked the atmosphere, not a party hostel but not too quiet either. Don't forget Misti the resident dog :)

• Ireland, Male, 31-40
20th Nov 2016
7.1

Stayed in a six bed dorm, room was freezing as there were gaps between the windows and old shutters and not enough blankets provided. Dorms had no curtains so no chance of a sleep in as rooms are bright before 6am. There was only one common external shower to share between the dorms, we were lucky as it was not busy season so had little problems getting shower, but not ideal.

• England, Female, 25-30
14th Nov 2016
7.4

The dorms and bathrooms here are fine but it really lacked in atmosphere while I was there so I wouldn't recommend this place if you were hoping to meet other people. We even had to ask them to open the bar one night!

• England, Couple, 18-24
5th Nov 2016

I really liked the flying dog, it's got a nice relaxed feel and the staff are very helpful. The rooms are clean but the bathrooms only get cleaned once a day. There is a kitchen to use but i cooked something and put it in the fridge and when i went to get it the next afternoon it had been thrown away. This was really annoying because I was unwell so I had to go out and find something rather than have what I had cooked as planned. If there is a kitchen I expect to be able to use it fully.

30th Oct 2016

Great location, helpful staff, cheap and very clean! Has a kitchen, nice quiet, relaxing place - not a party hostel which we love. Free breakfast and the nice cleaning woman works very hard and is always keeping the bathrooms spotless! :) Oh and HOT SHOWERS!!!!!

24th Oct 2016

Only stayed one night but it's a good hostel. They need to sort out the booking though. Double room doesn't mean twin beds. Got a lot of stick from the missus!! Breakfast was dece. Staff reacted quickly to a plumbing issue - that wasn't my fault I might add..

8th Oct 2016
6.3

The door to our dormitory did not lock. The cleanliness was OK. We did not stay here long as we went pretty soon to the Colca canyon, if I stayed longer I am sure I would have liked my stay.