Flying Dog Hostel Cusco Reviews

Choquechaca 469, Cusco, Peru

The place was constantly freezing and if you were looking for a hot shower, or even a luke warm shower, you would be lucky! Staff were pretty unfriendly and unhelpful and when asking questions it seemed like you were bothering them. Wouldn't stay here again.

Such a wonderful hostel - we loved staying here. The staff are fantastic; so welcoming, friendly and ready to help. The breakfast offered was varied and substantial with delicious oats, granola, toast, hams, cheeses, although there was no fruit. The beds were really comfy, and the place is clean and has a great atmosphere. We met some great people, and enjoyed the DVDs and TV on selection. Would recommend a few nights here - worth the extra soles for the comfortable and enjoyable stay :)

• 30th Jun 2014

Flying Dog was awesome in cuzco! Thanks to the great staff (Wilson!!!) who were all very helpful when I needed to book things and have questions! It has a great atmosphere where you start to feel like a small family after a couple days! Great job guys!

When I arrived, they didn't have my reservation, although the hostel itself had sent an email confirmation. The shower was cold, so we needed to change the room, but when we got there at night, they had already taken my personal belongings and put into the other room, without my authorization. They broke into the room and took my things! In the new room, the bathroom smelled like sewage and shower was also cold. The heater didn't work. They served moldy bread in breakfast.

hi there: We are very sorry for the inconvenience caused and that you had a bad experience with us! We have taken your comment in consideration and already done the changes needed in order to improve! Thanks for letting us know what we're doing wrong! Cheers

I was very dissapointed when I discovered that our room had been given away to someone else, leaving us without a place to stay! Also, I didn`t appreciate when the staff continued to lie to us about why the room was not available. First they blamed it on us, then Hostel World, then the boss Miguel. I will not attempt to stay at this hostel again, nor will I recommend it to anyone alse.

We are sorry for the Inconvenienced caused.... This ussually doesn't happen. We tried our best to solve your problem! Sorry again for the inconvenience.

cosy with blankets and duva to keep you warm in the cold cuscan nights. Friendly staff and good breakfast with te, coffee, toast, cereal and fruit. Only minus is that sometimes there is only cold water.

Thanks for your comments ! We will look into the cold watr problem. We're sorry you had a problem with us. Hope to have you as a guest in our other hostels..

We had a very good time in Cuzco and the staff was really nice with us. They tried to help us all the time.

Thanks for your comments! We try our best to give the best service possible.

We did not like this hostel at all. The room was clean which is probably the most important aspect, but we were near the creaking stairs and people were coming and going all night. Most of the time the shower was cold. The 2 nights we were here when were sitting in the common area, the staff were on the internet either watching video's or having personal chats on skype. This was very annoying because all they had to do was put on headphones and we would not have felt like we should not be there.

It ran out of hot shower sometimes and some of the staff is new and not very helpful.

Hello Sirinya, we will look into the matter asap. thank you for your comments. Kind regards, The Flying Dog Team

We stayed here for 4 nights and really liked the comfortable, friendly vibe. The staff was super helpful with everything. On the first day we arrived a person from the staff was nice enough to take us around the plaza. Everything was pretty clean and the water was warm. It was a relatively quiet hostel, but we were easily able to meet people at the hostel to go out with.

A great place to stay. The location was pretty good and the staff was super nice! The bathrooms could have used a bit more elbow grease and the rooms were a bit small.

Great staff, great location and very clean but the showers were weak and Luke warm which was hard to handle after Machu Picchu. Otherwise can't fault this hostel.

Hello Rikki, thank you for the great comments, we are glad you liked our Flying Dog Hostel in Cusco. Unfotunately the water preassure in the city of Cusco is not great. Kind regards, The Flying Dog Team

Cleaned every day, beds were amazingly comfortable. Breakfast was kind of lacking. I found myself opening the door when the bell rang, so although the door was locked that tells you something about security. Joey is awesomely amazing and silly!

Hello, great to hear you liked your stay in Cusco. We will check into the matter with the door and the breakfast. Kind regards, The Flying Dog Hostels

Good location just a few minutes from the main plaze. Room were clean and beds were comfortable.Bathroom less clean. Living room had massive TV with loads of dvd's but more often than not the staff or their freinds would be watching it. Breakfast was very very basic. Staff were a bit spaced out but did try tobe helpful and stored our bags when we went away for a bit. Worth a look.

Hey Chris, glad you liked the hostel and thenk you for letting us know what you did no like. we'll make sure to speak with the guys and make things better. Kind regards, The Flying Dog Team

The room had a modern look and the kitchen was nice. Its a young atmosphere in this hostal but it was not so clean in the bathroom/toilet. They have a big Tv with dvd and many chanels in the livingroom.

Was generally a good hostel although in the three nights we spent there, we were moved to three different rooms. The staff were very apologetic and stored our bags for free while we were on the Inca trail. Staff and friends were often watching the TV that was apparently for guests which meant it wasn't available for us during one of the frequent afternoon rain showers! would stay there again though.

There was a mix up with our booking, but the hostel were extremely helpful and more then made up for it! The rooms are clean and comfortable and the staff are willing to answer any questions they can for you. A great choice in cusco! Also the location is great as it is quiet but still only a 5 min walk to the main plaza

Hello Elizabeth, we apologize again for any mix up and are glad that our staff was able to help and made up for it. thank you for your review. Kind regards, the Flying Dog team

The buiding is good.. I think. But for the staffs, i'm not so sure. In the moring of my check-out day, my tour guide tole me that he was gonna pick me up around 11 am, and I agreed with this appointment. However, I found my stomach was bacteria-infected, and needed to go to the restroom so often. When the hostel staffs knew my situations, they called my tour guide at 9.30 am to pick me out of the hostel immediatly without telling me in advance. They want to kich me out asap. How merciless

The hostel was pretty and our private room was very nice. The staff Angel was very friendly and helped us organize tours around the city. Wish the crowd could've have been a little livelier.

This isn't far from the action at all and a nice quiet place to stay. The bathrooms are clean and the bedding is amazingly warm and cozy.

« first « Prev 1 2 3