Flying Dog Hostel Iquitos

7.5
Very Good 238 Total Reviews

5th Jun 2017
8.0

My stay was nice, the hostal is simple but clean and close to what to see in Iquitos. I was a bit frustrated because I was waking up very early to go on a trip to the jungle (very common because it is one of the main activities in Iquitos) and I was not allowed to make breakfast in the kitchen because it would be "too loud". The hostel serves breakfast 8-10, which is not convenient for the many people waking with the sun. Owner/worker was a bit pushy about me visiting his own lodge...

15th May 2017

I loved staying at the flying dog hostel in Iquitos. It is right on the water, I walked everywhere I wanted to go. They made booking an Amazon tour from the hostel so easy! All the staff is very friendly and helpful. The wifi is a bit slow, and they did run out of locks which they advertise as being provided with a returnable deposit. Small, easily overlook-able problems. Not to mention they also cook a great breakfast which is included :)

• USA, Male, 25-30
6th May 2017

I loved flying dog hostel. Marcel took me to a Peruvian party and we had a blast! The location was great and the staff was so helpful. If you come to Iquitos and you stay at a hostel, you MUST stay at flying dog!

• USA, Couple, 18-24
1st May 2017
7.7

Everything about the hostel was fine, I only needed to stay there for a night before and after my tour. It fulfilled that purpose. But the staff at the hostel convinced me that the tour I booked was a scam and told me about how I lost all my money and he went on and on about how I should call the police. BUT the tour was not a scam and I had an amazing time. It seemed like they lied to me about the scam to get me to take one of their tours.

• Netherlands, Female, 18-24
25th Jan 2017

Staff was friendly and Hostel was clean.

21st Jan 2017
6.9

The hostel suited my purpose for staying one night. Staff friendly and value for money can't really complain too much. Showers are cold and you should check what room they are offering as the ones on the first floor closest to the front desk are probably the loudest. Wifi weak but exists. Breakfast simple but satisfying. Location is nice as it is right on the river and very walkable to restaurants and the market.