Flying Dog Hostel Iquitos Reviews

Malecon Tarapaca 592, Iquitos, Peru

Terrible hostel. Upon arriving, they claimed my hostel world reservation was not valid and put me in a worse room than we booked without compensation. During the night, which was very loud until well past 2 am, the ceiling leaked and soaked my entire bag. For breakfast, 2 pieces of stale bread. Wouldn't recommend staying here unless you have to.

It's not the cleanest place I've been to, but it was alright. Showers were cold though and bathrooms were sometimes out of toilet paper. Staff was okay albeit not the quickest. Breakfast was ... well ... there was breakfast.

I paid my deposit on Hostel world and the hostel did not take that into account on the bill that was presented to me at the end of the stay. One employee, Alex, was exceptional. With everyone else I was not impressed. The cleanliness on this facility was sub par. It was an ok place for a night or two, but would probably look elsewhere for accommodation.

We had massive private room with bathroom. But it was next to the roadside, so many motos'! Staff seemed a quite disinterested.

Funky hostel with a great atmosphere. The staff is awesome. Someone let a local is and he stole a phone and speaker. We saw the guy on the street later that day and the owner of the hostel got the stolen stuff back! Great place.

Most of the staff (Marcelo and John at the reception) were very helpful, unlike the guy who prepared a breakfast. The shower is always hot, which is good. Location is about 3-4 cuadros from the Plaza de Armas

Great location by the water, staff were incredibly helpful with organising trips to the jungle, arranging further accommodation and taxis etc. Would definitely be back.

• 7th Jun 2014

Good hostel, they also offers trips in the jungle for a reasonable price. I did a 4 days, 3 nights and it was a real adventure. I loved it. The location of the hostel is 4 blocks from the plaza de armas and across the street is the Amazon River.

• 30th May 2014

Flying Dog Hostel was a great hostel! The communual area's was spacious. There's a nice vibe, and the guys at the front desk are amazingly friendly, helpfull and funny! They sell good tours at good prices! Good beds, good kitchen, wifi is oke (it's Iquitos...). Thank you Flying Dog for a nice stay!

Staff was very helpful, although I felt that they were a bit pushy with selling tours. However, they give you as many options as you would like and are so kind! Internet was not the best, but beyond that I would highly recommend them!

i asked them in message how much to get to their hostel from airport, they said their pick up fee is 50SOL which is double the actual cost. they are trying to sell the forest service, for the first bad impression i did not choose them.

Great little hostel. Nice and close to everything. Awesome staff, made us feel so welcome and at home.

A very solid and traditional backpackers' hostel, populated by a lot of ayahuasca tourists. Very friendly and helpful staff, nice facilities.

• 28th Feb 2014