Flying Dog Hostel Iquitos Reviews

Malecon Tarapaca 592, Iquitos, Peru

My stay at the flying dog was a pleasant one, comfortable, relaxed, great layout for meeting other travellers & spacious. Staff were also very friendly & helpful

• 23rd Mar 2015

I enjoyed my very short stay at the Flying Dog, particularly meeting the people who were staying there. The breakfast was adequate and the place was overall very clean and safe. The location was great very close to where the action was happeni There wasn't much going on as far as activities within the hostel but i think this was standard for Iquitos. My only complaint was that the rooms were very hot and the fan provided was not the best (they could use another fan really).

Good location close to restaurants, helpful staff, clean room, AC. However, the bathroom smelled a bit moldy even though it appeared to be clean.

Thanks for the comment! Indeed we try to keep our facilities as clean as it can get. We will check on the smell you are mentioning. Sometimes the jungle humidity is hard to fight against. Thanks again! Cheers!

great stuff,super kind. Breakfast is pretty good(omlet&fresh juice!) but untill 10.00 you can't use the kithcen to cook. The kithcen is lack of some equipment(bowls,spons). The shower has hot water all day long and they put small soups in every toilet!👌they also provide free water which is awesome(: overall positive stay!

Thanks for the good comment! We try our best to be the best option @ Iquitos! Im glad to inform you that the equipents in the kitchen have been replaced. thanks to your advice we have a fully operational kitchen now! Cheers!

I feel diametrically opposed about this hostel. Great security, staff, and value for money. Terrible cleanliness, atmosphere, and facilities. I was put in the downstairs room by the front and it was horrible. Two long-termers never even said, "hi" to me despite me staying 3 nights and greeting them. The room smelled damp and moist. Was bitten by mosquitoes. The bathroom was open top, you could hear people pee all hours of the night. That being said, really helpful staff and it was cheap.

Nice hostel.. Great kitchen and breakfast included! Quite quiet and lacked a bit of atmosphere but good if you want to chill.

A great place to meet fellow travelers with an excellent location. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The kitchens was great; there is a proper grocery store a couple of blocks away. I was suprised by some of the bad reviews because I really enjoyed my time at flying dog.

Thanks for the great review! we enjoy doing our best for our travellers!

this place is made by billy. the hostel otherwise is nothing special.

Nice, clean, proper kitchen. Places to sit and relax. Proper hot showers. Power goes off upstairs after 11 FYI. Breakfast includes eggs which is pretty good. Met some cool people, it's a good backpackers.

Thanks for the good review! We are surprised by the power going off at 11... power is 24 hrs available. we will check on that! Thanks again!