Flying Dog Hostel Iquitos Reviews

Malecon Tarapaca 592, Iquitos, Peru

A great place to meet fellow travelers with an excellent location. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The kitchens was great; there is a proper grocery store a couple of blocks away. I was suprised by some of the bad reviews because I really enjoyed my time at flying dog.

Thanks for the great review! we enjoy doing our best for our travellers!

Nice, clean, proper kitchen. Places to sit and relax. Proper hot showers. Power goes off upstairs after 11 FYI. Breakfast includes eggs which is pretty good. Met some cool people, it's a good backpackers.

Thanks for the good review! We are surprised by the power going off at 11... power is 24 hrs available. we will check on that! Thanks again!

Terrible hostel. Upon arriving, they claimed my hostel world reservation was not valid and put me in a worse room than we booked without compensation. During the night, which was very loud until well past 2 am, the ceiling leaked and soaked my entire bag. For breakfast, 2 pieces of stale bread. Wouldn't recommend staying here unless you have to.

It's not the cleanest place I've been to, but it was alright. Showers were cold though and bathrooms were sometimes out of toilet paper. Staff was okay albeit not the quickest. Breakfast was ... well ... there was breakfast.

I paid my deposit on Hostel world and the hostel did not take that into account on the bill that was presented to me at the end of the stay. One employee, Alex, was exceptional. With everyone else I was not impressed. The cleanliness on this facility was sub par. It was an ok place for a night or two, but would probably look elsewhere for accommodation.

We had massive private room with bathroom. But it was next to the roadside, so many motos'! Staff seemed a quite disinterested.

Funky hostel with a great atmosphere. The staff is awesome. Someone let a local is and he stole a phone and speaker. We saw the guy on the street later that day and the owner of the hostel got the stolen stuff back! Great place.

Most of the staff (Marcelo and John at the reception) were very helpful, unlike the guy who prepared a breakfast. The shower is always hot, which is good. Location is about 3-4 cuadros from the Plaza de Armas