Flying Dog Hostel Iquitos Reviews

Malecon Tarapaca 592, Iquitos, Peru

It is very humid and they could do with more fans in the room.

Hostel itself was pretty good. Little things like arriving late and being told you can't shower until the morning, and it being a million degrees in the room, with no big mesh on the windows. And no fan. I lay in a wet sweaty puddle all night and didn't sleep. was enough to make excuses and leave at 7am.

The staff were all very good but especially the owner Marcel. The location is also very good. The beds were clean and comfortable and the rest of the place was reasonably clean. Breakfast is plain omelet and brown bread and jam. Juice is available as well.

• 17th Dec 2015

For a hostel in Iquitos, the least you can ask for is working fans, especially in summer. This hostel lacks them making my stay very uncomfortable. Don't expect much from the washrooms either. The man at the desk tried to push me to pay for overpriced tours offered by someone he knows. Did not feel comfortable asking staff for advice. It does have a good location, a short walk from plaza de aramas and the belen market. They offer free storage for your luggage too. The breakfast is filling.

The rooms are comfortable, got fans which is nice for the hot weather. The staff is very helpful, they help us to organize our tour. This place is very good to stay for a few days.

It's been a long time since I've stayed in a hostel, this place was clean and comfortable, I stayed here on and off during my time in Iquitos, I used 3 different rooms, 2 dorms and a private room, they where all great, I organised the jungle tour through them, staff very friendly and helpful. There was a water strike 1 day in Iquitos, the staff made sure we didn't go without as they had water brought in so we could still use toilets and showers.Made a lot of friends here, a big crew, like family

This place is fine to stay for a few days. The staff give us good informations about the tours, which was the most important for us!

Thank's for your information. We hope to see you again! Kind regards

Creepy staff around women.

Pretty bare bones and no frills compared to some hostels I've stayed in, but if you're ok with communal living it's pretty cheap to stay there. Iquitos is an experience in and of itself. There are definitely better hostels in the area with more amenities for not much more money.

• 29th Aug 2015

Great place to visit in Iquitos, over all - especially for the price. I had no issues, however, unless you have a specific reason to be there (such as entering the Amazon) there isn't much to do in the area. There are some good restaurants and bars, but ultimately you must make your own fun.

• 16th Aug 2015