Flying Dog Hostel Lima Reviews

Diez Canseco 117, Miraflores, Lima, Peru

Private room number 1 is impossible to sleep once traffic begins in morning and the guy who checked me in is fucken useles! Did not tell me anything but where my room was

The breakfast across the park is a real turn off, and the amount of food wasn't enough to start the day. Jossy was really helpful. When the staff is proactive the hostel wins a lot! The water circuit is amazing!! Don't miss that!

Location is convenient but if you're looking for a good night's sleep, it will be difficult here. Maybe it was because it was a holiday time in Peru, but it was extremely loud throughout the entire night. Otherwise, it is a decent place, very friendly and helpful staff, and good location.

Friendly and very helpful tourist centre inside. Pretty quiet so if you don't want to party it's all good

Upon arrival we were met by a not so friendly staff. They did not give us a map/any information about the city or tour of the hostel. The shower was freezing cold so they said we could take it in a different, open room. The room and bathroom were dirty from the people staying in it before us and the shower was still freezing. Man at the front desk was rude and made it seem like we were inconveniencing him to get our bags from storage. Would only recommend to someone I don't like.

Really good Hostel with one of the best location, it is really cleaner and I have great atmosphere, with all facilities.

• 24th Jun 2015
  • Colombia

It was extremely loud! we had difficulty sleeping! they were extremely accommodating in regards to arranging taxis to and from the airport. I also thought they were a little closer to the airport, but it was a 20-30 min taxi ride...$20. it just didn't provide a very relaxing/comfortable environment. A lot of people in and out at all times of the night. we were right off the street and lobby so I'm sure that contributed.

Very basic facilities even for a hostel. Dark room with a 'window' overlooking a storage space. Smell on dump. If you can spend a few extra soles I would recommend choosing a different place.

• 29th May 2015
  • Poland

When we arrived, we had to walk to another location across the square to get to the room we were given. Not a big deal. But we were then told at this new location breakfast would be up until 10. We weren't told it was a walk away, resulting in us missing breakfast. When we went to pay, we got weirdly overcharged. After checking what online said the price was, they fixed it up very quickly. Decent location though, and the rooms are ok.

we didn't actually intend to stay at this hostel.. our reservation got messed up. the rooms were awkward. mine didn't even have a door on it. and also had the main bathroom for the floor in it. they basically would buzz anyone into the hostel and then never asked for proof that you were staying there. the front guy was also quite rude to me when I was checking in and tried to overcharge my friend and i . he laughed when I pointed it out to him.

Really nice but basic hostel, no complaints

Filthy bathroom. No locks on the toilets and showers (see through) doors. In a mixed dorm. Hello?!? I had booked a girls dorm but was put in a mixed, so did other girl in my room. Oh! And you have to walk 5 minutes to go to another building to get (bad) breakfast. I definitey don't recommand it. Lots of better option nearby with working wifi and clean.

Great location, area has everything you need. Our room was a private, No16, the floor was disgusting, mold in the corners, took my white socks off they where black! No hot water, and one of the towels smelled like wet dog. The staff where ok, would of been nice to show us around the hostel! For breakfast you have to walk about 5 mins to this ice cream restaurant, was pretty bad eat. Next door to the hostel is the BEST sandwich place I have ever been to!

Overall, the hostel was OK - the private room was big and clean(ish), the Sheet we had on the double bed didnt really fit, so kept falling off. The internet was intermittent, but other than that no real complaints... make sure you go to the 'right' building (there are 3!), as we ended up in the wrong one initially.

This hostel has a perfect location but doesnt have atmosphere like hostel..... however is nice.