Flying Dog Hostel Lima Reviews

Diez Canseco 117, Miraflores, Lima, Peru

One of the best hostels I have stayed on my whole trip, mostly due to the staff!

We were disappointed by this hostel. All started with the airport pick up, booked in advance but it did not come. So we called the hostel twice and and were told to wait at the airport. After 2 hours of waiting still no driver, so we took a green cab in the end. As a compensation we got the first night for free. Another point was the cleanliness. The bathrooms weren´t clean and the shower was leaking so the whole bathroom was under water for the whole day. Not talking about the cockroach...

This hostel was very cold, and humid inside the rooms. Loud at night from all the street noise. I don't recommend it to anyone .

• 8th Sep 2014

Our room shared a very thin wall with the hostel's bar, which played loud music well into the evening hours. Fair enough, but it would be nice if that information was more clear before booking, so people who are looking for a quieter atmosphere will know what they're getting into.

• 5th Sep 2014

Staff was helpful and scheduled our taxi pickups. Breakfast is more hearty than some other places but not fancy: toast, an egg, juice, and coffee. This hostel is in a great location in Miraflores, near restaurants, cafés, and a park full of cats.

Clean, secure, and also very cheap compared to other hostels around. It is located in a very central place. (Note that there are three flying dog hostels, so pay attention to the address when you book it). The included breakfast is actually a coupon to some place nearby. It is very minimal. The staff was very helpful, and allowed us to stay half a day more in our last day there. I will definitely be there again if I ever visit Lima again.

Good location close to supermarketshops etc. Was really quiet when we were there so not much atmosphere. Staff were helpful in booking us our next bus trip and our twin room was huge with our own balcony- loved that!

A nice centrally located ( for Mira Flores -not Lima ) hostel and reasonable value for money. Staff had an accepted level of English ( for travellers with no Spanish like us. On the downside the traffic noise , night clubs and firm beds made sleep a challenge for our 3 nights there. Water pressure was low but the shower was hot and the Wifi available OK. The TV reception quality was very poor.but at least we did have one.

• 25th Jul 2014
  • New Zealand
  • Couple, 41+

Great location. Would definitely recommend but like others we had confusion over location. Arrived at wrong address so had to walk to the other one which wasn't far but annoying late at night. We tried to confirm our address beforehand but our email query wasn't answered. So make sure you know where you are going then all will be great!

Never got picked up from the airport ( pick up was supposed to be arranged from the hostel) after waiting 2 hours caught a cab, I did not know there was three flying dogs

• 6th Jul 2014

It was OK but not great... A bit dead, a bit dark.

Staying at the Flying Dog was definitely a great option. I have a big experience at staying at hostels and I can say this is one of the best price-quality deals I have ever found. I was paying for a bed in a 4-bed dorm what other hostels were charging for 20-bed dorms, the place is nice, has lockable, spotless clean, compartments with either toilets or showers (which I much appreciate) and amazing staff - what more could you wish for? I strongly recommend it, and I have been in others in Lima!:)

• 29th Apr 2014