Flying Dog Hostel Lima Reviews

Diez Canseco 117, Miraflores, Lima, Peru

Wonderful place with a nice staff. I couldn't stay because despite the no smoking signs everywhere, the staff and guests smoked in all public places: rooms, bathrooms, tv room, everywhere. If you don't smoke, don't stay here.

• 15th Jan 2015

Thanks for your message! Indeed there is NO smoking sign because smoking is not allowed in rooms or closed public rooms. Smoking in the yard is inevitable. Sadly some guests don't respect some rules. We will look into the non smoking rule to be followed! thanks for the comment!

I stayed in a private room with my girlfriend. It was a nice place especially considering the cost. They upgraded my room for free because there was a scheduling mixup so that was dope. Staff is friendly and helpful, place is clean, private bathroom is always nice.

Thanks you very much for the positive comment! We try our best for our guests to be as happy as possible! CHeers!

Great location! Great staff!

Thank you for the good comment! We worry about the 3s you gave us in other issues like cleanliness and value for money! We will improve our house keeping team! 5 people is cleaning all the time at the hostels... Thanks for letting us improve.

Bathroom was pretty cramped between stalls, showers, and sinks. Very little privacy. Only one light in room. Staff was nice and helpful, and the breakfast voucher was a nice inclusion.

Hostelworld email you the wrong address for the hostel you stay in as there are 3 in miraflores! Advise you to contact the hostel first via email and ask them which one you are staying in. Otherwise the hostel is good, NEEDS better internet connection with more routers (this is Lima) and also maybe doors for the TV room...makes it hard when the bar music overpowers the TV. Also Kitchen fridge does not work. But Billy who works there is great!!'

Although I told them I would arrive late, the chick in charge just wouldnt wake up to open the door despite repeated ringing. It was 3 am on Saturday night. Rest of the staff really nice, I heard they may kick her out.

The shower and room was average, the bed light in our room didn't even plug in!! (The plug didn't match the outlet, pretty ridiculous). One staff member was very friendly and helpful, the other couldn't be bothered to answer questions, was very short with us. It was very loud with partying people coming in until 4am, the walls were paper thin. The location was great, nice and spacious common rooms. No internet signal in our room. Overall, unimpressed. Oh, and the bed sheets looked dirty.

Friendly staffs. Good location. Quiet place to rest. A guy at the reception helped me to catch a taxi on the street. Moved to this hostel from another one with crazy people, loud music all night long.. I liked this place. I would love to recommend this hostel to someone who avoid party hostel(full with people smoking weeds, drinking in the room and talking and laughing loudly no matter what other people say). Good value for money. Gracias!

Thanks for the good review! we do our best to keep everyone satisfied with our service! CHeers!

We arrived in Lima and spent one night in a private bedroom in this hostel. It was very clean and quiet and they have a cute cat that lives there. Would definitely recommend as a great option in Miraflores.

Thanks for the good comment! We try our best to give a great service... and yes, pablito the cat is cute! thanks again. hope to see you again soon!

The room was basic and the window couldn't close so the room was really cold. We wanted to cook but there was no pan in the kitchen?! But it was nice to sit in the couches in the lounge and look at the Kennedy park.

We were staying in a secondary location for this hostel so had to walk our bags over the street. This meant our communal areas were really quiet. Breakfast was odd- we had vouchers to go to two different restaurants, depending on the time we got up but the breakfast was the same in both- pretty mediocre. The room itself wasn't massively clean, although the shared bathrooms were good.

One of the best hostels I have stayed on my whole trip, mostly due to the staff!

We were disappointed by this hostel. All started with the airport pick up, booked in advance but it did not come. So we called the hostel twice and and were told to wait at the airport. After 2 hours of waiting still no driver, so we took a green cab in the end. As a compensation we got the first night for free. Another point was the cleanliness. The bathrooms weren´t clean and the shower was leaking so the whole bathroom was under water for the whole day. Not talking about the cockroach...

This hostel was very cold, and humid inside the rooms. Loud at night from all the street noise. I don't recommend it to anyone .

• 8th Sep 2014

Our room shared a very thin wall with the hostel's bar, which played loud music well into the evening hours. Fair enough, but it would be nice if that information was more clear before booking, so people who are looking for a quieter atmosphere will know what they're getting into.

• 5th Sep 2014

Staff was helpful and scheduled our taxi pickups. Breakfast is more hearty than some other places but not fancy: toast, an egg, juice, and coffee. This hostel is in a great location in Miraflores, near restaurants, cafés, and a park full of cats.

Clean, secure, and also very cheap compared to other hostels around. It is located in a very central place. (Note that there are three flying dog hostels, so pay attention to the address when you book it). The included breakfast is actually a coupon to some place nearby. It is very minimal. The staff was very helpful, and allowed us to stay half a day more in our last day there. I will definitely be there again if I ever visit Lima again.