Flying Dog Hostel Lima Reviews

Diez Canseco 117, Miraflores, Lima, Peru

Good breakfast (toast, eggs, juice, coffee) as you get a ticket to a restaurant near by. Excellent location close to Kennedy Park, Metro, Ripley etc.

• 1st Apr 2015
  • Costa Rica

Flying Dog is a great hostel! Initially, we struggled to locate the right one as there are three locations within a couple blocks of each other and they kept sending us from one place to another, but once we got settled into the correct place we were very happy. It's definitely a chill, party hostel which was a lot of fun and Billy the bartender was such a pleasure to get to know! We'd recommend the place!

the staff is not nice. the hostel is really 3 hostels pretty close to each other. we were in one that was really dirty and except from the bar I cant say anything nice about this hostel

Best location in Miraflores, near the Kennedy Park. But, compared with Flyingdog from Arequipa, in Lima they don't care so much about the building and they could do more to improve it. For example, some rooms with the view on the street ( first floor ) deserves isolated windows in order to not hear the noises from the street all the night.

We got overcharged!! We paid the standard hostelworld upfront and 80 soles more in cash, but my friend still got charged including those two amounts on his credit card after we checked out. We were in a hurry to get to the airport so we didn't check fully, but that isn't right...

Prime location next to Kennedy Park and easy walk to the beach! The breakfast was a little boring and sometimes it was a bit loud outside of our door at random times at night but Billy the bartender made up for all of that. Billy is the best!

We got two kinds of room for our group. The private room was nice except for the shower that didn't work very well. I had to stop my shower in the middle. The dorm wasn't good. It's window faced the main street which was as loud as it could be. The shared bathroom was dirty. In the morning I was sleeping close to the bathroom door so it was very annoying to have the door slammed every 5 minutes since 7am. The good thing about it was definitely the location right in the middle of Miraflores dist

I arrived very late and left very early! But it looked like a cute place and the front desk staff was so friendly! He even checked up on me to make sure I was awake to catch my bus!

Wonderful place with a nice staff. I couldn't stay because despite the no smoking signs everywhere, the staff and guests smoked in all public places: rooms, bathrooms, tv room, everywhere. If you don't smoke, don't stay here.

• 15th Jan 2015

Thanks for your message! Indeed there is NO smoking sign because smoking is not allowed in rooms or closed public rooms. Smoking in the yard is inevitable. Sadly some guests don't respect some rules. We will look into the non smoking rule to be followed! thanks for the comment!

I stayed in a private room with my girlfriend. It was a nice place especially considering the cost. They upgraded my room for free because there was a scheduling mixup so that was dope. Staff is friendly and helpful, place is clean, private bathroom is always nice.

Thanks you very much for the positive comment! We try our best for our guests to be as happy as possible! CHeers!

Great location! Great staff!

Thank you for the good comment! We worry about the 3s you gave us in other issues like cleanliness and value for money! We will improve our house keeping team! 5 people is cleaning all the time at the hostels... Thanks for letting us improve.

Bathroom was pretty cramped between stalls, showers, and sinks. Very little privacy. Only one light in room. Staff was nice and helpful, and the breakfast voucher was a nice inclusion.

Hostelworld email you the wrong address for the hostel you stay in as there are 3 in miraflores! Advise you to contact the hostel first via email and ask them which one you are staying in. Otherwise the hostel is good, NEEDS better internet connection with more routers (this is Lima) and also maybe doors for the TV room...makes it hard when the bar music overpowers the TV. Also Kitchen fridge does not work. But Billy who works there is great!!'

Although I told them I would arrive late, the chick in charge just wouldnt wake up to open the door despite repeated ringing. It was 3 am on Saturday night. Rest of the staff really nice, I heard they may kick her out.

The shower and room was average, the bed light in our room didn't even plug in!! (The plug didn't match the outlet, pretty ridiculous). One staff member was very friendly and helpful, the other couldn't be bothered to answer questions, was very short with us. It was very loud with partying people coming in until 4am, the walls were paper thin. The location was great, nice and spacious common rooms. No internet signal in our room. Overall, unimpressed. Oh, and the bed sheets looked dirty.

Friendly staffs. Good location. Quiet place to rest. A guy at the reception helped me to catch a taxi on the street. Moved to this hostel from another one with crazy people, loud music all night long.. I liked this place. I would love to recommend this hostel to someone who avoid party hostel(full with people smoking weeds, drinking in the room and talking and laughing loudly no matter what other people say). Good value for money. Gracias!

Thanks for the good review! we do our best to keep everyone satisfied with our service! CHeers!

We arrived in Lima and spent one night in a private bedroom in this hostel. It was very clean and quiet and they have a cute cat that lives there. Would definitely recommend as a great option in Miraflores.

Thanks for the good comment! We try our best to give a great service... and yes, pablito the cat is cute! thanks again. hope to see you again soon!