Flying Dog Hostel Lima Reviews

Diez Canseco 117, Miraflores, Lima, Peru

Private room number 1 is impossible to sleep once traffic begins in morning and the guy who checked me in is fucken useles! Did not tell me anything but where my room was

The breakfast across the park is a real turn off, and the amount of food wasn't enough to start the day. Jossy was really helpful. When the staff is proactive the hostel wins a lot! The water circuit is amazing!! Don't miss that!

• 19th Aug 2015

Friendly and very helpful tourist centre inside. Pretty quiet so if you don't want to party it's all good

Upon arrival we were met by a not so friendly staff. They did not give us a map/any information about the city or tour of the hostel. The shower was freezing cold so they said we could take it in a different, open room. The room and bathroom were dirty from the people staying in it before us and the shower was still freezing. Man at the front desk was rude and made it seem like we were inconveniencing him to get our bags from storage. Would only recommend to someone I don't like.

Really good Hostel with one of the best location, it is really cleaner and I have great atmosphere, with all facilities.

• 24th Jun 2015
  • Colombia

It was extremely loud! we had difficulty sleeping! they were extremely accommodating in regards to arranging taxis to and from the airport. I also thought they were a little closer to the airport, but it was a 20-30 min taxi ride...$20. it just didn't provide a very relaxing/comfortable environment. A lot of people in and out at all times of the night. we were right off the street and lobby so I'm sure that contributed.

Very basic facilities even for a hostel. Dark room with a 'window' overlooking a storage space. Smell on dump. If you can spend a few extra soles I would recommend choosing a different place.

• 29th May 2015
  • Poland

When we arrived, we had to walk to another location across the square to get to the room we were given. Not a big deal. But we were then told at this new location breakfast would be up until 10. We weren't told it was a walk away, resulting in us missing breakfast. When we went to pay, we got weirdly overcharged. After checking what online said the price was, they fixed it up very quickly. Decent location though, and the rooms are ok.

we didn't actually intend to stay at this hostel.. our reservation got messed up. the rooms were awkward. mine didn't even have a door on it. and also had the main bathroom for the floor in it. they basically would buzz anyone into the hostel and then never asked for proof that you were staying there. the front guy was also quite rude to me when I was checking in and tried to overcharge my friend and i . he laughed when I pointed it out to him.

Really nice but basic hostel, no complaints

Filthy bathroom. No locks on the toilets and showers (see through) doors. In a mixed dorm. Hello?!? I had booked a girls dorm but was put in a mixed, so did other girl in my room. Oh! And you have to walk 5 minutes to go to another building to get (bad) breakfast. I definitey don't recommand it. Lots of better option nearby with working wifi and clean.

Great location, area has everything you need. Our room was a private, No16, the floor was disgusting, mold in the corners, took my white socks off they where black! No hot water, and one of the towels smelled like wet dog. The staff where ok, would of been nice to show us around the hostel! For breakfast you have to walk about 5 mins to this ice cream restaurant, was pretty bad eat. Next door to the hostel is the BEST sandwich place I have ever been to!

Overall, the hostel was OK - the private room was big and clean(ish), the Sheet we had on the double bed didnt really fit, so kept falling off. The internet was intermittent, but other than that no real complaints... make sure you go to the 'right' building (there are 3!), as we ended up in the wrong one initially.

This hostel has a perfect location but doesnt have atmosphere like hostel..... however is nice.

Hostel in the best spot of Miraflores, close to restaurants, bars, malls and parks. Breakfast is served in a nice restaurant close by. Hostel also has a pub with good value beers.

Good breakfast (toast, eggs, juice, coffee) as you get a ticket to a restaurant near by. Excellent location close to Kennedy Park, Metro, Ripley etc.

• 1st Apr 2015
  • Costa Rica

Flying Dog is a great hostel! Initially, we struggled to locate the right one as there are three locations within a couple blocks of each other and they kept sending us from one place to another, but once we got settled into the correct place we were very happy. It's definitely a chill, party hostel which was a lot of fun and Billy the bartender was such a pleasure to get to know! We'd recommend the place!

the staff is not nice. the hostel is really 3 hostels pretty close to each other. we were in one that was really dirty and except from the bar I cant say anything nice about this hostel

Best location in Miraflores, near the Kennedy Park. But, compared with Flyingdog from Arequipa, in Lima they don't care so much about the building and they could do more to improve it. For example, some rooms with the view on the street ( first floor ) deserves isolated windows in order to not hear the noises from the street all the night.

We got overcharged!! We paid the standard hostelworld upfront and 80 soles more in cash, but my friend still got charged including those two amounts on his credit card after we checked out. We were in a hurry to get to the airport so we didn't check fully, but that isn't right...