Flying Dog Hostel Lima Reviews

Diez Canseco 117, Miraflores, Lima, Peru

Really nice but basic hostel, no complaints

Filthy bathroom. No locks on the toilets and showers (see through) doors. In a mixed dorm. Hello?!? I had booked a girls dorm but was put in a mixed, so did other girl in my room. Oh! And you have to walk 5 minutes to go to another building to get (bad) breakfast. I definitey don't recommand it. Lots of better option nearby with working wifi and clean.

Overall, the hostel was OK - the private room was big and clean(ish), the Sheet we had on the double bed didnt really fit, so kept falling off. The internet was intermittent, but other than that no real complaints... make sure you go to the 'right' building (there are 3!), as we ended up in the wrong one initially.

This hostel has a perfect location but doesnt have atmosphere like hostel..... however is nice.

Hostel in the best spot of Miraflores, close to restaurants, bars, malls and parks. Breakfast is served in a nice restaurant close by. Hostel also has a pub with good value beers.

Good breakfast (toast, eggs, juice, coffee) as you get a ticket to a restaurant near by. Excellent location close to Kennedy Park, Metro, Ripley etc.

• 1st Apr 2015
  • Costa Rica

Flying Dog is a great hostel! Initially, we struggled to locate the right one as there are three locations within a couple blocks of each other and they kept sending us from one place to another, but once we got settled into the correct place we were very happy. It's definitely a chill, party hostel which was a lot of fun and Billy the bartender was such a pleasure to get to know! We'd recommend the place!

the staff is not nice. the hostel is really 3 hostels pretty close to each other. we were in one that was really dirty and except from the bar I cant say anything nice about this hostel

Best location in Miraflores, near the Kennedy Park. But, compared with Flyingdog from Arequipa, in Lima they don't care so much about the building and they could do more to improve it. For example, some rooms with the view on the street ( first floor ) deserves isolated windows in order to not hear the noises from the street all the night.

We got overcharged!! We paid the standard hostelworld upfront and 80 soles more in cash, but my friend still got charged including those two amounts on his credit card after we checked out. We were in a hurry to get to the airport so we didn't check fully, but that isn't right...

Prime location next to Kennedy Park and easy walk to the beach! The breakfast was a little boring and sometimes it was a bit loud outside of our door at random times at night but Billy the bartender made up for all of that. Billy is the best!

We got two kinds of room for our group. The private room was nice except for the shower that didn't work very well. I had to stop my shower in the middle. The dorm wasn't good. It's window faced the main street which was as loud as it could be. The shared bathroom was dirty. In the morning I was sleeping close to the bathroom door so it was very annoying to have the door slammed every 5 minutes since 7am. The good thing about it was definitely the location right in the middle of Miraflores dist

I arrived very late and left very early! But it looked like a cute place and the front desk staff was so friendly! He even checked up on me to make sure I was awake to catch my bus!

Wonderful place with a nice staff. I couldn't stay because despite the no smoking signs everywhere, the staff and guests smoked in all public places: rooms, bathrooms, tv room, everywhere. If you don't smoke, don't stay here.

• 15th Jan 2015

Thanks for your message! Indeed there is NO smoking sign because smoking is not allowed in rooms or closed public rooms. Smoking in the yard is inevitable. Sadly some guests don't respect some rules. We will look into the non smoking rule to be followed! thanks for the comment!

Only stayed here one night, very quiet, but great breakfast included in the cafe down the road.

I stayed in a private room with my girlfriend. It was a nice place especially considering the cost. They upgraded my room for free because there was a scheduling mixup so that was dope. Staff is friendly and helpful, place is clean, private bathroom is always nice.

Thanks you very much for the positive comment! We try our best for our guests to be as happy as possible! CHeers!

Great location! Great staff!

Thank you for the good comment! We worry about the 3s you gave us in other issues like cleanliness and value for money! We will improve our house keeping team! 5 people is cleaning all the time at the hostels... Thanks for letting us improve.

Bathroom was pretty cramped between stalls, showers, and sinks. Very little privacy. Only one light in room. Staff was nice and helpful, and the breakfast voucher was a nice inclusion.

Hostelworld email you the wrong address for the hostel you stay in as there are 3 in miraflores! Advise you to contact the hostel first via email and ask them which one you are staying in. Otherwise the hostel is good, NEEDS better internet connection with more routers (this is Lima) and also maybe doors for the TV room...makes it hard when the bar music overpowers the TV. Also Kitchen fridge does not work. But Billy who works there is great!!'

Although I told them I would arrive late, the chick in charge just wouldnt wake up to open the door despite repeated ringing. It was 3 am on Saturday night. Rest of the staff really nice, I heard they may kick her out.