Flying Dog Hostel Lima Reviews

Diez Canseco 117, Miraflores, Lima, Peru

Never got picked up from the airport ( pick up was supposed to be arranged from the hostel) after waiting 2 hours caught a cab, I did not know there was three flying dogs

• 6th Jul 2014

It was OK but not great... A bit dead, a bit dark.

Staying at the Flying Dog was definitely a great option. I have a big experience at staying at hostels and I can say this is one of the best price-quality deals I have ever found. I was paying for a bed in a 4-bed dorm what other hostels were charging for 20-bed dorms, the place is nice, has lockable, spotless clean, compartments with either toilets or showers (which I much appreciate) and amazing staff - what more could you wish for? I strongly recommend it, and I have been in others in Lima!:)

• 29th Apr 2014
  • Portugal

It is very awkward that the only showers for the whole floor are in someone else's room. The security was lax and the facilities were subpar. The staff was great, though. The airport transfer is overpriced.

We stayed in a 2 bed private room with shared bath. The room was good (no lumpy pillows!) and although there was only one bathroom and shower (separate closet sized rooms) for women, they were very clean. For the location it was decently quiet at night too. My complaint would be that the night shift front desk girl had a terrible attitude. She became snarky and rude. The dayshift people were great and extremely helpful. For a short stay I would overall recommend this place.

• 3rd Apr 2014

We arrived at the address shown in hostelworld, only to be told that our reservation had been moved to another hostel nearby and that the other hostel had no access to water...no showers etc. they offered us a 10 percent discount for lack of water. We rejected the offer. They then put us in a dorm (we had booked private double) that stank of food from the kitchen and was unbearably hot....NOT a good experience