Flying Monkey Backpackers Reviews

89 The Esplanade, Cairns, Cairns, Australia

WORST EVER!!! I had dried-only god knows what on my "clean sheets" when I arrived. no real blanket-only empty duvet cover. Fine of $20 for turning on the aircon in winter. When I arrived the guy at the front desk was in his boxer-briefs and wasn't every helpful. The bathroom was disgusting. Dirt and mould all over. The bottom on one of the doors was literally falling out. Sink was nearly rusted off the wall. I stayed one night out of my four booked and went and stayed in a hotel. Don't do it!!!

It was the worst Hostel I've been in Australia

• 17th Aug 2015

Was not what was advertised at all...was put in the wrong room, could not amend it because reception was shut when I was told it would be open, there was no wifi. Free breakfast was also advertised which was not given. When I arrived I was not given any information at all, just the key. The bathrooms were absolutely filthy as was the kitchen. I could not stay there I only stayed one night out of the 5 I booked. When I highlighted these problems excuses were made. Would not recommend this place!

• 7th Jul 2015

The hostel was very dirty, essentially, the rooms. There were old beer and coke cans, dirty dishes with rest of food, etc. in the room because the hostel never clean the garbage bins. Plus the rooms were very stinky because the garbage and wet clothes drying on the rooms. The hostel management should really improved these two aspects.