Flying Monkey Backpackers Reviews

89 The Esplanade, Cairns, Cairns, Australia

Great location, right on the Esplanade! It's perfect for catching the boat for the Great Barrier Reef. There are lots of restaurants and bars within a few meters of the hostel. There's a pool there! The kitchen is good and there isn't a change to use the plates, pots and pans. The room have AC, which was really nice.

Keep up the good work guys! Will miss staying at your place.An awesome experience.Especially loved how you guys organize nightouts.Will definitely recommend this place to anyone who wants to stay in Cairns.

• 25th Nov 2014
  • India

Really liked that there were activities during the evenings. Also thought it was pretty clean overall. On the down side, the kitchen was a bit limited with only two good hotplates.

Quiet place but mice. Only problem is lack of working showers and the number of sockets snd there location within room

Hey thanks for the review! I'm hoping by your score you meant to write 'nice' and I really hope we do not have a rodent problem! I shall look into this nonetheless though! Once again I apologize about the tap situation, and I am trying my best to get it sorted. Good luck on the rest of your travels!

Friendly staff, rooms and toilets were not the best but okay. The kitchen a bit crowded during dinner time. BUT the best thing was the good atmosphere, after staying for a while it almost felt like I made a new family there. A good place to meet new people especially if you join social events or hang out in the common areas. They had good meal deals several times a week for only a few dollars and free breakfast every day. And it was cheap so a good place to stay to save money.

The French guys and girls were partying till 1am. They were so loud and crazy that we cannot get any sleep. They were also very drunk. So disrespectful. I thought you were supposed to be quiet after 10pm. And there were no staff around to stop this. Our stay was disastrous. But I jave to say it's a good location and the room are big and pretty clean.

Hey Yadong, I am sorry you were kept awake until 1am, there should be a night manager who makes sure people are quiet after 11pm, but obviously they failed to ensure this on the night you were here so thank you for bringing this to my attention and I will talk to them to make sure this never happens again. Good luck on the rest of your travels

Loved this hostel! Definitely one of my faves in Oz. Super chilled and cool, met some amazing people here : )

Great little hostel in a very good location. Nice staff and atmosphere.

I was recommended this hostel by a friend, and have to say i would pleasantly surprised. The building itself could do with updating, but otherwise its clean, staff are friendly and I like how they cook for everyone for just $3 on certain nights of the week! Wish I could have stayed longer to join in with the other activities. Would definitely stay again if I come back to Cairns.