5.4
Rating 68 Total Reviews
5.4
Rating 68 Total Reviews
Flying Monkey Backpackers Located at 89 The Esplanade, Cairns, Cairns.
Australia
Cairns Queensland 4870 89 The Esplanade, Cairns
54% 68
-16.9195258 145.7767658
    Rooms available

• England, Female, 25-30
4th Jul 2016
3.1

Disgrace! Sweep me under the rug when I asked for refund. Despite three times I visited, no one are at the reception. Also I tried emailed few times and never got response. On the last day, I finally had staff but he couldn't do anything without the manager to assist the refund. So it is NOT worth paying for! The bathroom is disgusting, the staff look so miserable, the room was little cramped, hardly have space with other 3 travellers in 4 beds dorm. I even didn't stay at all!!!

16th Jun 2016
3.7

Unfortunately, we couldn't complete our stay here. We paid for two room keys, then he gave us only one. Our room door didn't lock. The room was filthy, and the entire place had a foul smell. The brand new "intern" working the desk tried, but wasn't an experienced staff that could help us with anything. I'm still not sure if our room keys were refunded.

• England, Male, 18-24
13th Jun 2016
3.7

After spending 1 night at the hostel I can safely say it was less than satisfactory. The hostel is dirty and run down, only 1 hob in the kitchen works, the door locks for the rooms are broken and the internet is terrible. On the plus side the staff try the best they can to keep the nights out enjoyable.

• England, Female, 25-30
12th Jun 2016

Flying monkeys in cairns is brilliant. The staff made it for me- they were so friendly from before I even got there. Arranged pick up from airport via email, helped me with my bag, assisted me without complaint when I needed to change rooms. The hostel rooms are pretty basic but fine for what you need. Free breakfast again basic but it's free! The location is perfect right on the esplanade. There's a pool- it's a bit random but still.. I went on a night out with the hostel- got mega drink deals.