Flying Monkey Backpackers Reviews

89 The Esplanade, Cairns, Cairns, Australia

Really liked that there were activities during the evenings. Also thought it was pretty clean overall. On the down side, the kitchen was a bit limited with only two good hotplates.

Quiet place but mice. Only problem is lack of working showers and the number of sockets snd there location within room

Hey thanks for the review! I'm hoping by your score you meant to write 'nice' and I really hope we do not have a rodent problem! I shall look into this nonetheless though! Once again I apologize about the tap situation, and I am trying my best to get it sorted. Good luck on the rest of your travels!

Friendly staff, rooms and toilets were not the best but okay. The kitchen a bit crowded during dinner time. BUT the best thing was the good atmosphere, after staying for a while it almost felt like I made a new family there. A good place to meet new people especially if you join social events or hang out in the common areas. They had good meal deals several times a week for only a few dollars and free breakfast every day. And it was cheap so a good place to stay to save money.

The French guys and girls were partying till 1am. They were so loud and crazy that we cannot get any sleep. They were also very drunk. So disrespectful. I thought you were supposed to be quiet after 10pm. And there were no staff around to stop this. Our stay was disastrous. But I jave to say it's a good location and the room are big and pretty clean.

Hey Yadong, I am sorry you were kept awake until 1am, there should be a night manager who makes sure people are quiet after 11pm, but obviously they failed to ensure this on the night you were here so thank you for bringing this to my attention and I will talk to them to make sure this never happens again. Good luck on the rest of your travels

Loved this hostel! Definitely one of my faves in Oz. Super chilled and cool, met some amazing people here : )

Great little hostel in a very good location. Nice staff and atmosphere.

I was recommended this hostel by a friend, and have to say i would pleasantly surprised. The building itself could do with updating, but otherwise its clean, staff are friendly and I like how they cook for everyone for just $3 on certain nights of the week! Wish I could have stayed longer to join in with the other activities. Would definitely stay again if I come back to Cairns.

Me and my boyfried stayed in the hostel just for a short time but we really enjoyed it! The people who work there are always helpful..... With our regret we couldn't stay for the sangria night which is supposed to be the funniest night of the week but we really had fun at the barbeque on the esplanade with the other guest. The rooms and the bathrooms are clean and the breakfast is for free .There are also a swimmingpool and a big television so it's hard to get bored. Worth it

• 6th Jul 2014

Right on the esplanade and next to a kebab place, which is a bonus for me since i live off them. One bed was extraordinarily uncomfortable where you could feel the individual springs and very squeeky but my friends bed was fine so i think it was a fluke. Bathrooms could be cleaned more often, buy not terrible. No lockers for your bags. Wifi only in common area. Breakfast goes fast and isnt impressive but for $17, i found it to be worth it. Who spends the day in a hostel anyway?

Hi Cristina, I am sorry your bed was uncomfortable. Thank you for bringing this to my attention and I shall look into getting the mattress replaced! I have also just hired a new cleaner so the bathrooms can be cleaned more often and generally just tidied up throughout the day. The breakfast does go fast because people love the fresh fruit we put out each morning, and do not want to miss out. If anything runs out before 9.30 our receptionists are happy to replenish everything where possible.