Flying Pig Beach Hostel Reviews

Parallel Boulevard 208, 2202H2, Noordwijk, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Very nice staff, cool atmosphare, cool place. The hostel is 45 min from amsterdam center but was worth it

The shuttle driver smoked a joint whilst driving down the motorway with guests, not a great impression.

Great night, great staff, great atmosphere - my only bother is that no one tells you that it is about 14 euros to get to the place from Amsterdam Centraal, but the shuttle bus makes up for it :)

It's a fabulous place and I absolutely loved staying here. The staff was warm and friendly and the whole place has a really chilled out vibe. I wasn't too sure of my decision of staying away from Amsterdam but I'm so glad I stuck to it. This place offers a perfect mix of lone time (that you can have while walking by the beach) and great party (in the hostel). Will totally come back here again!

Even though not ideal time of year to be by the beach, the atmosphere was relaxed and it really is a party hostel. again they were doing some renovations, which had minor impact on the stay due to the relaxed and calming atmosphere

Fantastic! This hostel is so special mainly for the magnificent crew that work there. It's a special place where I have passed ten days in total harmony and fun. Surely I Will return there in the summer!!! :)

• 31st Jan 2016

Had a ball at this hostel! Staff was great and everything was awesome!

Was a great place to stay for some students, Whole place had a party atmosphere and was very relaxed. Got very noisy at night, which absolutely didnt bother us but i can see it being a problem for others. Thoroughly enjoyed our stay, the staff were very friendly, the rooms were good, and would definitely consider staying here again

• 27th Jan 2016
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Not a good enough rating system for this place! Absolutely amazing, can't find fault at all

• 23rd Jan 2016

Very lively place with easy access to downtown Amsterdam. Very nice and courteous staff. Worth the money and close to a food market so it's easy to conserve your money. Would definitely stay again if in the area!

• 22nd Jan 2016

For winter not crazy awesome but the staff was amazing! Unless you love to smoke it's harder to socialize.

I went there on winter (january) and it wasnt too much to do in the city and i guess there is a greater party atmosphere in summer but still, the hostel has great facilities and is very cheap. Staff is great and nice

Safe, clean, cheap, and friendly. Everything a hostel needs, plus a free breakfast.

Awesome crew at the Pig, great bar and decent facilities.

Super fun and friendly staff! VERY helpful! The guests at the hostel were also very cool. There is a full kitchen and breakfast is provided. There are several areas for hanging out and a bar! They have happy hour after 9pm with half priced drinks! I stayed during the winter but it's pretty close to the beach. My complaints: I couldn't lock my things up and it is an hour from Amsterdam. Other than that I will def be back in the summer to hang at the beach!

I stayed at Flying Pig Beach in December. It was an awesome stay with super comfy beds and very cheep. Free breakfast was a bonus when your only paying €8 a night for a room, which is the cost of any other hostels breakfast alone. The shuttle to and from Amsterdam was awesome, but to me was a little over priced, however it is still the cheapest option. One day the shuttle was late returning to the hostel so they gave us all a free beer! Awesome place, awesome staff, and awesome rooms!

Highly recommend! Best part is the atmosphere and awesome, fun, genuinely great staff - they make friends with the guests. Hostel was clean and very safe. I felt I could leave my valuables in the 22 man dorm, no problem. If you want a safe, fun place to stay without the craziness & weirdness of staying in hostels Amsterdam this is it. My ONLY complaints would be a couple of the staff having loud, uh, relations in the room at 6am and the guy who drove the shuttle too fast while smoking a joint.

Place was really far from central Amsterdam but you also get to see a different part of Netherlands which I think was really cool. Pretty chill vibe, there were parties both nights I was there and could get a little noisy for some but I didn't mind it at all. Also has a smoking room 👍🏻 Lockers were too small for me tho :/

A great little beach hostel with an awesome chilled out vibe and a gorgeous handful of workers and travelers. This place is perfect if you're visiting Holland for cities other than Amsterdam. The beach is a three minute walk from the front door and the shopping/café area is five minutes walk down the road. The hostel itself is very clean and has a really nice common area with lounges, tv, books and music for both smokers and non-smokers. The shuttle into Amsterdam was so convenient too!

• 11th Dec 2015

We'll be back in summer !

• 9th Dec 2015