Flying Pig Beach Hostel Reviews

Parallel Boulevard 208, 2202H2, Noordwijk, Amsterdam, Netherlands

The atmosphere of this hostel is wonderful! But what really makes it is the staff. The staff are absolutely superb. I would definitely stay here again.

It was a nice stay. Easy to organize everything and the staff is just great. I stayed for just one night, but i was convinced

• 11th Apr 2014

Wifi good in common area and in room 2. Ikee (spelling) is great, upbeat personality and very knowledgeable of the area. If you want to know something about the beach or the Hague, ask her. Easy to get to the hostel from Central station. Find Tram 1, get off at Kiezerstraat and it's about 1 minute away from the stop. Can use the kitchen and store food in fridge. Grocer close. BIG Signs need to be posted on door of dorms quiet time between 11pm-7am. Think that was common sense of guests, it's not

It really was a nice stay at the flying pig. The staff was friendly and helpful around the clock. In late hours it was sometimes a bit noisy but you could get around with that. What I liked was that you get in contact with many people from all over the world.

• 2nd Apr 2014

I've stayed at all 3 flying pigs. I'd stay with them again, but. . . prices are outrageous on Friday and Saturday nights. Lockers are tiny, but there are locks on the dorm room doors. Some clutter on the back porch. You have to like and check in on Facebook to get wi-fi access. Just give us a password like every other hostel. Don't make us advertise for you on social media!

Staff is very helpful and friendly, Merica knows everything about the area. Hostel is clean, shuttle service is the best value to and from A-dam. Absolutely nothing in the area to see culture-wise, beach is very nice though, but is far away from any bigger town and takes a long time by train or bus to go anywhere else. Go to Noordwijk for tulips and the beach,. Nice, small area of café/bars just down the road from hostel, close to grocer. Can use kitchen and store your food in fridge.

It was a great little hostel with everything necessary for a short break.

I'm sure this is a much better hostel in the summer time, but while I was there it was pretty dead. Not much to do, staff wasn't very friendly, you have to check in on Facebook to use the wifi. All in all I wouldn't go back.

I spent just one night at the Flying Pig in Noordwijk. But I can surely recommend this hostel, the people are nice, the room was pretty clean, and the price also was good. Hope to get back to Noordwijk some day!

Staying outside of the city wasn't a problem at all, as Noordwijk was beautiful, and the shuttle service was great! The atmosphere seemed to be confined to the smoking room, and if you weren't into that it was a little harder to meet people, but I also think that we went at a slow time and everybody there seemed to work there! All in all a good time, and I would definitely recommend it!

Just cannot falt the flying pig beach hostall in any way had five days there and loved it great people running it verry helpfull interesting locals to chat to. smoking room 5 Minuits to the beach and all at the right price. you can't go wrong

• 10th Mar 2014

Very awesome place. The location is right on the beach, and shops/ nightlife nearby! The staff is top notch and instantly become friends with you. Nice area for smoking indoors/ patio, and bar inside too! The breakfast is great, and dinner is often cooked by one of the staff (really good food for cheap!) The shuttle to the other Flying Pig hostels in downtown/ uptown Amsterdam allow for a nice day-trip of fun. I would definitely stay here again!

Cool place, great place to unwind after time in the city. Will return!

I love flying pig at the beach! From the chilled out hostel to the amazing staff! Everyone was so cool! Helpful and so much fun! I have been here before and i will go back again. You check in at the door amd become part of the family! I can not wait to go back! Ps the shuttle bus rules!

Extremely comfortable all the staff members try their best to make you feel at home

The staff was GREAT!!!! meet new friends also, walked up to Lieden.

The Flying Pigs are very familiar. The stuff and the people staying there were quite awsome. They're helping you with every Problem you might have. It's a very good place to stay for younger people.

• 20th Feb 2014

This is my best hostel so far in terms of location. Security is good and it is very clean with helpful staff. However,I wish they could serve breakfast earlier for guests who make the request or atleast avail things so that guests could make it themselves.Otherwise we a great moment here.

Can't say a bad thing about this place! Absolutely enjoyed my stay at the pig. Such a beautiful part of the world with the friendliest staff you will find! This is a hostel you must stay at if ever in the Netherlands!

• 29th Jan 2014

GREAT environment, staff and bedroom. Things I didn't liked it: Prices of the drinks were kinda expensive. Kitchen closes after 10:30.. Why so early? Kinda makes me think that they want to 'force' us to buy their (a little expensive) food. The toilet was kiiiiinda weird for the number 2. I don't know if was that only toilet, but.. well, was kinda weird. But everything else was really good, if I ever come back to Amsterdam, that's the place I'll stay :) PS: A lot of stairs. Be ready.