Flying Pig Beach Hostel Reviews

Parallel Boulevard 208, 2202H2, Noordwijk, Amsterdam, Netherlands

This hostel had such great vibes. The rooms are clean, the area is quaint, and the people are AMAZING. Made the mistake of mixing up this hostel for the ones more centrally located, and we thought about cancelling our reservation and switching. However, the atmosphere of the hostel was so great we decided to stay. Its about 45 minutes outside of the city and they provide a shuttle that costs only about 4 euro. Its actually nice to get out of Amsterdam after spending an entire day there.

Don't stay anywhere else in Amsterdam but here. It is one of the coolest hostels I've stayed in and I would choose it again and again. People were friendly, the bar and smoke room were awesome, and the atmosphere was very laid back. I stayed in both the 4 bed and the 8 bed dorm

• 13th Nov 2014

There's a lovely family atmosphere in this hostel, I really had no idea who were staff and who were guests, and it's a nice welcoming place to come back to. It is quite a distance out of town, however - once you've got home you're unlikely to go back out again. My only real criticism is the internet. You have to 'like' their Facebook page or check-in on Facebook to get internet access. Forcing people into liking your page is not a good social media strategy, and I use my FB page for work.

Obviously it's a pain getting the shuttle in and out but you know that before booking. It's just a shame they don't go more often. The place itself is great and really unique with amazing atmosphere and people even in November. Really loved it here.

Very clean and comfortable. Excellent shuttle service. This place is a pleasant change from Central Amsterdam. Thanks for your hospitality x

• 5th Nov 2014
  • British Indian Ocean Territory

i loved my stay at your hostel and i will be back :) i m very satisfied and the staff is excellent. Thank you so much!

• 27th Oct 2014
  • Tunisia

Very nice hostel, near the sea. The staff is very welcoming. The beer at the bar is cheap, the breakfast is very good: But the lockers are way too small ( not possible to put a computer for exemple), the price is very expensive ( almost 40 euros per night), and there is just 2 showers in this hostel....not enough...

Great hostel, awesome staff and very relaxed atmosphere makes it easy to chill and meet people, highly recommend, the 4 Euro shuttle trip is sweet and considering a tram ride is 2.80 it's well worth it.

Great staff, comfy beds, decent bathrooms, good breakfast, great atmosphere, I'd definitely stay again!

Location is way far from the city, though there is a regular shuttle bus. I'd imagine the beach location would be much better for a summer visit. The lockers are a bit too small. There isn't quite enough showers and toilets for the number of people there. That said, the staff is great. Atmosphere is wonderful. It's a party hostel but it doesn't get too crazy.

Fantastic stay, Glenn was hilarious and made our stay the best of our hosteling experience! Just make sure you know how to get there by public transport if you can't call to book the shuttle.

• 14th Oct 2014

Love the place it's so chilled out and the staff are so friendly

Quiteexpensive for what it is but I suppose it's all over amsterdam like that

It's a nice and cool hsotel, very close to the beach and the city centre. The atmosphere was great as well, but the bathrooms especially the shower were disgusting and dirty. The six bed dorm was too small for six people and had a window what you could open only a tiny little bit. The price you have to pay for this hostel is too much, although the included Breakfast/Wifi and the location were good.

• 3rd Oct 2014

I LOVE this place! Intended to stay 1-2 days...but decided to stay a week (and even then was felt too early for me to leave!). The beach is amazing- no matter what time of year. The staff, dorm-mates, and locals are fantastic human beings. The pad is chill and comfortable and it's super easy to travel between Amsterdam and Nordwijk. Heart you all!

• 2nd Oct 2014

Great place to stay near a nice beach. The safe lockers need to be replaced wit real lockers as they don't fit a laptop and aren't that useful. Otherwise fantastic.

Party hostel with party staff. Some of them were unfriendly and mostly drunk. The beach was nice and we were able o visit Amsterdam, Den Haag and Rotterdam because we came by car. Wouldn't go there without, because the shuttles are expensive. Keys are 15€ deposit each, so prepare for that. When we wanted to return just one of the two we had the night before we left, it didn't seem to be possible, because the man an the "reception"/bar didn't understand what we wanted and made fun of us.

• 27th Sep 2014

I did not realize that it would be such a trek from the main station. I had to take another train, 10 e and another bus, over an hour travel so..for the amount I paid to get there I could have just stayed in Amsterdam at a more expensive hostel. But the beach was nice, rented a bike. Staff parties with guests and locals are allowed in main common area all night. had a issue with loud pipe noise in room which was never fixed, hard to sleep. Clean hostel and staff is welcoming and friendly.

Awesome vibe. Not much to do but go to the beach or outside cities, but still a nice place to chill. Shower really sucked, but besides that it was a nice place to stay. Staff is awesome and fun to hang out with.

The hostel was cool, but some things could be better like the size of the lockers and the facilities, buy your own beer is too much work, they could sell beer there :) Besides, that was the only hostel where I didn't receive a map or any recommendations for places to eat, or stuff to do... I mean, when I arrived I just did the check-in and was it =S Well, the pool table is great and the quiz which the staff did, also great. If you like just staying in the beach go there!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6