Flying Pig Beach Hostel

Fabulous 1791 Total Reviews
8.8
Fabulous 1791 Total Reviews

9th Feb 2017

The staff are very helpful people and amazing. I rather stay here then a 5 star hotel.

• Australia, Female, 18-24
8th Feb 2017

The Flying Pig is a lively little hub full of good vibes & carefree attitudes, making it the perfect base to meet friendly travellers. The staff are so lovely & helpful, & made me feel at home straight away, invited me to the events & gave generous explanations to questions I felt were rather silly. Regrettably, I couldn't stay for long because I had to return to Australia. I'm still kicking myself for not placing Noordwijk sooner on my itinerary because I would've loved to extend my stay! :)

• Canada, Female, 31-40
7th Feb 2017

My stay here was amazing! So much fun and the staff welcomed me in like I was part of the family :) This little place is not quiet by any means, so if you stay here you better be ready to live it up! The showers and bathrooms were very clean, the bar was always hoppin with cool people and I was able to experience much more than just Amsterdam. It's a bit out of the way but totally worth it! The beach is gorgeous and the towns nearby are absolutely beautiful. I would highly recommend this spot!

• England, Male, 18-24
3rd Feb 2017

I'd rather stay at this place than a 5 star hotel! You get a 5star service and experience for as little as €8! The staff.... now the staff were by far the best part of the hostel everyone is super friendly, only wish I learnt all their names! They make the beach hostel what it is! All the facilities are cleaned frequently and all the dorms are kept really clean! You cannot fault this place one bit! This place may be cheap but by no means does it slack on service or quality!

• England, Male, 18-24
2nd Feb 2017

If you want a place where everyone talks to everyone and the staff are all genuine cool people. The whole place has a fresh beachy look that gives a very homely feeling. It is run by an incredible manager so there are never any troubles and there are plenty of great events. P.S. Ask for the rules of "warewolves and villagers" and you will have a lot of fun.

• Australia, Female, 18-24
2nd Feb 2017

Great little hostel and a nice alternative to being in the city. Beach is right across the road. 10/10. Eve, Orla and Kayla are absolutely lovely. (Sorry for misspelt names)

• Canada, Male, 18-24
23rd Jan 2017

Went looking for a bed and found a family, the staff at The Flying Pig Beach we're all amazingly friendly and made me feel at home almost instantly. My luggage felt safe and I never had to worry about security issues. Right across from the beach and an awesome swimming pool. The place really had a homesie vibe. Would recommend again to anyone who asks, especially at that price, its a steal. Thank you to all the staff that helped create such an amazing vibe.

• Australia, Female, 31-40
30th Dec 2016

Was inadvertently stranded in Amsterdam for a few days.decided to try Fkying Pig Beach..SO glad I did! Everyone was so friendly have a great system set up..easy fast shuttle bus into city centre, beach is straight across the rd. Good value for money, would definitely recommend ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

28th Dec 2016

Great atmosphere and location. Use the shuttle to travel to Amsterdam.

28th Dec 2016
8.0

The manager and most of staff were great. One guy that refused to check me in when I arrived, well, I can't say much for him. Do realize before you book Joe far away this place is from the city center. 45 mins driving. By public transit, 1 or 2 trains, then the 20 bus, 1 hr total and $14 cost one way. Sign up for the hostel's shuttle service for 4€. It's the only sane option. In spite of some complications I did feel these guys took care of me. 1 complaint would be the shower: water everywhere.