Flying Pig Beach Hostel Reviews

Parallel Boulevard 208, 2202H2, Noordwijk, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Nice hostel with a great atmosphere. I booked a night here after a few nights in Amsterdam and I liked it so much, I stayed the next night too! The energy is great, lots of young people having a good time. Not a good place if you're a light sleeper.

This is a good alternative to the expensive inner city hostels, just make sure you book your shuttle fast! There is not much to do in Noordwjik, and the hostel does a great job of making up for that with a late happy hour, pool table and smoking area. The security is a bit low as our hostel room door didn't shut or lock properly, and there were times I talked to people who just come in to drink. The staff were all excellent and friendly, I had a great time here

I have mixed feelings. The atmosphere is great, everyone hangs out and parties at night, the staff is super friendly and although the hostel is out of the city, it is right by the beach! On the other hand, the staff stay at the hostel, they gossip about each other constantly, it's like high school. I was also woken up twice in one night by drunk staff members, the first one because she drank too much and was going to be sick and the next was screaming so loud at some guy for being too drunk.

Staff was great! Very helpful. The location is okay because theres not a lot to do in Noordwijk but it was a nice place to chill ans relax. The bathrooms were a little messy but not disgusting and the bar was cheaper than the other Flying Pigs.

Amazing! I wish I could've stayed longer. The sand dunes and beach were beautiful. The people were so inviting and I loved my stay here. Highly recommend!!!!!!

The staff mainly stay at the hostel, so it always looks crowded. The party atmosphere they create however is genuine. It is fun to hang out at the common area at any time of the day.

Important to note that it's about an hour away from Amsterdam using bus+train, might be faster taking their shuttle. However, the location is great if you're looking to relax on the beach. The staff are really chill, which is good for the vibe of the place. However, the lady at the front asked us if we could wait for her shift to end to check in, which seemed a little unprofessional, and we ended up waiting half an hour until we finally got checked in.

This gem is hands down one of the best hostels I've stayed at! Was only supposed to stay a couple nights but ended up staying close to three weeks! With live-in staff who are travellers themselves, they really make it seem like your staying at a friends place rather than a hostel. Great kitchen and grocery store close by. Also close to the ocean and an amazing beach. Surfing lessons close by for 15 euros. If you want a memorable time in Holland your going to want to book here! See you again soon

• 14th Jun 2015

A wonderful hostel set right next to a gorgeous beach. Bathrooms were lovely, the staff were pleasant. As well, they run a shuttle into Amsterdam which is fantastic! One issue I had was the amount of charging points in the rooms. Other than that, it was good!

Great hostel and atmosphere, but certainly not if you're there for anything other than the beach. It was by far the most expensive hostel on our trip, and everywhere outside the hostel was a ghost town (in June on a Friday..). If you want to go to Amsterdam, which I'm sure you would, there's a bus. 1. The bus is tiny, it's a van. Needs to be booked in advance or there's no places left. 2. It's €4 each way, adding to the cost again. 3. Latest one back is 10pm. Alt is public bus, €14.

This place is ideal if you're looking for somewhere to party, hang out, outside of a major city and chill by the beach. It's a typical beach town, not much going on, but the hostel is like 2 minutes from the beach and the shuttles to Amsterdam save you so much money on staying in hostels in the middle of Amsterdam. It's like a 45 minute, €4 shuttle ride to the city centre which goes by quickly and they have shuttles going until 10 so it's very handy if you're on a serious budget.

That was such an amazing stay! I was only planning on staying 3 days but decided to stay for a week. If you like super chill people, beer, and smoking all day you are guaranteed the time of your life. If you stay downstairs and just talk to people, you will meet some super friendly people! Not the place to stay if you just want to chill in your room all day

Right next to the beach. They only have small lockers

I loved it! wished i stayed for longer though. Definitely recommend it! The only thing was that there wasn't enough lockers for me and my friends when we checked in. Otherwise it was awesome! :)

• 5th Jun 2015
  • Bhutan

I really enjoyed my time at the Beach hostel. It was very close to the beach, with a great atmosphere! The staff were very friendly and helpful with directions. Would definitely return!

• 5th Jun 2015

Best hostel I've stayed at. Incredible atmosphere because the staff are young and rowdy. Warning: staying at this hostel might make you not want to go to Amsterdam and instead just chill on the beach.

I booked 3 nights, first 2 nights the staff was unfriendly except the girl with Asian face she was so kindly and the last night they acting nicely with me maybe because they want me post a good review for them. however I liked this hostel because it's really party hostel and you can meet new people. last thing...they sould bring new sheets...its really smell bad.

The shuttle service into the city is four euro each way and they charge one euro to use the pool table. I thought that seemed weird since we were already paying to stay there. Also the staff was not super friendly and not helpful at all. Some locals hang out at the hostel bar which was kind of cool. Environment is a chill vibe but I do not think I would stay here if I wanted to visit Amsterdam. If the weather was nice and you wanted to stay away from the city this place would be great for 1day

Nice bar inside, good vibes overall. They have shuttles that take you in/out of the city all day. Perfect for relaxing after the craziness of Amsterdam

An amazing hostel. The staff were travelers themselves, the hostel was cheap, and the beach location creates for a nice respite from the city. The hostel van to and from Amsterdam made the distance from center-city a non-issue.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5