Flying Pig Beach Hostel Reviews

Parallel Boulevard 208, 2202H2, Noordwijk, Amsterdam, Netherlands

The smell in de hallway and reception is not just smoke... there need to be something done! In the morning it really looks messy, Pooltable changes to a breakfast table with poor choices and almost no free places to sit down. In that case you mis some tables or a seperate area to join breakfast. Night shift person looked really stoned when we came back from town.

Had a great week here, extended a day because I was enjoying it that much :) If your looking for a place to relax and chill out then it's a great place to go if you feel like being away from Amsterdam. Only thing I could say in the negative is no laundry facilities available and at night there are too many locals in the smoking room, gets pretty crowded. Great place, I'll def be back in the future if in the area again :)

Hi there, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. Great to hear you have enjoyed your stay with us. Good point about the smoking room we're going to change the setup. We hope to see you back at The Beach Hostel someday! Cheers, The Flying Piggies

Not for all of them but some of staff really don't know how to run a hostel. They are not responsible people. Especially some of shuttle bus drivers drive the bus like a crazy. All an hour trip (hostel to city centre) you feel really disturbed. Every night there is a party with loud noise&etc. Especially for winter, it is not a good choice for staying. It is really far location in order to sightseeing of Amsterdam. Except that you can go and see the ocean and meet nice friends.

Hi there, Thank you so much for your review and taking the time to let us know about your stay with us. We are sorry to read you didn't like some of our staff members. We find it really important to find out what exactly happened as friendly staff is really important to us. We will contact you personally by email to find out more. We hope to hear back from you. Safe travels, The Flying Piggies

GREAT place to chill at the beach and the staff are incredibly friendly and chilled out!

Hi there, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. Great to hear you have enjoyed your stay with us. Cheers, The Pig's

It seems like it is a big community of friends working or living there, which could be nice if you were still treated like a guest. When we arrived the bad we booked wasnt ready (it was afternoon) and two of the kids who work there were sleeping of doing whatever in it. Not a problem at all, if they wouldnt have told us, that we should choose another bed. Except of that an the music, which can be chosen more nicely when people are eating, people were friendliy and everything was clean

Had a really good time here. Even though it was the low season and I was the only person staying there I had fun with the locals and the staff. Would definantly be awesome in the summer

Excellent stay! We arrived New Years Eve and missed our chance to get back to Amsterdam for New Year so we stayed on the beach with these guys and watched the fireworks go off (and joined in a bit ourselves!) =) Awesome, friendly team made our stay here welcoming and homely. Will be going back definitely!!

• 31st Dec 2014

The big distance to the city is quite solved with the transfers of the hostel, if you make your schedule match. The room was really nice and clean, and the price it had in New Year saved me if you compare it with other hostels in other cities or in Amsterdam. It is cool that it has the beach next to it. The common room is quite hippie but it is Amsterdam, so that´s cool! Breakfast was great.

A stellar visit, and I simply cannot rate the staff and friendliness and atmosphere high enough. Will recommend to friends at every opportunity.

Very comfortable clean safe friendly. A little far from town

I enjoyed the ambiance and all but since it was winter time there wasn't much to do. The stay was cheap however which was excellent! The staff was nice, very chill! Definitely a place to stay during the summer!

Paying 30EUR for a night and the music was very loud till 2am, so that I couldn't possibly fall asleep even with ear plugs. For people who actually pay in order to find a place to sleep, I would not recommand this place. The rest was okay.

Had an amazing time here! The crew (Nick, Georgie, Rob, James, Brenna, Allison, Dan, Daniel, Chris and Glen) is the most chilled out group of people I've met and they took some of us (guests) for a sightseeing tour + pub crawl of Leiden. Though I've travelled tons of hostels, never had such a great experience before. Very glad I ended up booking my stay here! Will definitely come back here again! Hope they fix the pool table soon though!

• 22nd Nov 2014
  • India

Thanks for the nice stay past weekend. I would like to have news of you, guys (the crew) if you are having beers here in Amsterdam. Looking forward to see you again! A. Sempere.

This hostel had such great vibes. The rooms are clean, the area is quaint, and the people are AMAZING. Made the mistake of mixing up this hostel for the ones more centrally located, and we thought about cancelling our reservation and switching. However, the atmosphere of the hostel was so great we decided to stay. Its about 45 minutes outside of the city and they provide a shuttle that costs only about 4 euro. Its actually nice to get out of Amsterdam after spending an entire day there.

Don't stay anywhere else in Amsterdam but here. It is one of the coolest hostels I've stayed in and I would choose it again and again. People were friendly, the bar and smoke room were awesome, and the atmosphere was very laid back. I stayed in both the 4 bed and the 8 bed dorm

• 13th Nov 2014

There's a lovely family atmosphere in this hostel, I really had no idea who were staff and who were guests, and it's a nice welcoming place to come back to. It is quite a distance out of town, however - once you've got home you're unlikely to go back out again. My only real criticism is the internet. You have to 'like' their Facebook page or check-in on Facebook to get internet access. Forcing people into liking your page is not a good social media strategy, and I use my FB page for work.

Obviously it's a pain getting the shuttle in and out but you know that before booking. It's just a shame they don't go more often. The place itself is great and really unique with amazing atmosphere and people even in November. Really loved it here.

Very clean and comfortable. Excellent shuttle service. This place is a pleasant change from Central Amsterdam. Thanks for your hospitality x

• 5th Nov 2014
  • British Indian Ocean Territory

i loved my stay at your hostel and i will be back :) i m very satisfied and the staff is excellent. Thank you so much!

• 27th Oct 2014