Flying Pig Beach Hostel Reviews

Parallel Boulevard 208, 2202H2, Noordwijk, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Party hostel with party staff. Some of them were unfriendly and mostly drunk. The beach was nice and we were able o visit Amsterdam, Den Haag and Rotterdam because we came by car. Wouldn't go there without, because the shuttles are expensive. Keys are 15€ deposit each, so prepare for that. When we wanted to return just one of the two we had the night before we left, it didn't seem to be possible, because the man an the "reception"/bar didn't understand what we wanted and made fun of us.

• 27th Sep 2014

I did not realize that it would be such a trek from the main station. I had to take another train, 10 e and another bus, over an hour travel so..for the amount I paid to get there I could have just stayed in Amsterdam at a more expensive hostel. But the beach was nice, rented a bike. Staff parties with guests and locals are allowed in main common area all night. had a issue with loud pipe noise in room which was never fixed, hard to sleep. Clean hostel and staff is welcoming and friendly.

Awesome vibe. Not much to do but go to the beach or outside cities, but still a nice place to chill. Shower really sucked, but besides that it was a nice place to stay. Staff is awesome and fun to hang out with.

The hostel was cool, but some things could be better like the size of the lockers and the facilities, buy your own beer is too much work, they could sell beer there :) Besides, that was the only hostel where I didn't receive a map or any recommendations for places to eat, or stuff to do... I mean, when I arrived I just did the check-in and was it =S Well, the pool table is great and the quiz which the staff did, also great. If you like just staying in the beach go there!

It was a nice little spot if you don't mind big dorms. Friendly staff. Hour long shuttle to Amsterdam.

• 16th Sep 2014

Fantastic atmosphere, great location

• 16th Sep 2014

Location is just right, really close to the beach, supermarket and bus stop nearby. Great friendly Staff and an atmosphere that makes you feel welcome.

The top quality staff really made our time here memorable, attending to our every need! Great place to stay to see more of the Netherlands, shuttle into Amsterdam or hang around and check out the Noordwijk beach and town. Very sociable and chill communal areas and no need to stress about a dirty hostel as the place was scrubbed impeccably clean daily, never seen so many cleaning staff in one place! Definitely check out flying pig beach hostel!

• 12th Sep 2014

The location is remote and difficult to reach. All the cost advantage goes away due to the location. You either take the shuttle service provided by the hostel otherwise you have to take a train and a bus to reach and it takes over an hour from amsterdam train station And despite such a remote location, even the property size is small and not exactly on the beach. The common room is small and not impressive. Choose carefully before booking this hostel

Pub on the top floor and nice clean beds on the bottom floor. Kitchen has all you need, breakfast was decent, working wifi, lockers too small for laptops, close to the beach. Had a great stay, thanks!

If you are looking for a place to chill, relax, do nothing and meet a lot of people; then this is the place to book. I spent there 3 days of my stay in the Netherlands and it was awesome. very close to the beach and it has a smoking room and a big balcony with BBQ pit. you can cook your own food or the staff can make you meals for a reasonable price. it feels like the hostel never sleeps; there is always life.

Best hostel ever

A Party Hostel, and great location for those how like the beach!

This was one of the more fun hostels I stayed at. It was super social, great atmosphere, and as long as you're ok with being outside of Amsterdam it's great. It's right next to a nice large beach. I highly recommend this hostel, I had a blast there.

Greta time! Any trip to Amsterdam should go through here!

Best hostel! Great people, great atmosphere! Will stay here again for sure:)

I stayed in the K1 dorm (the big one) and the beds were comfy, there's showers and toilets close by, lockers are provided and there are enough power points although they aren't all near the beds. The showers have good flow and good temperature control. The staff were nice and the kitchen was well equipped. I'd stay here again. There's a separate smoking room so it's fine if you aren't a smoker.

• 26th Aug 2014

You can chill during the day and have nice crazy party at night : what else could you ask for ? And all of that with a really nice staff !

• 26th Aug 2014
  • Switzerland

Best hostel I stayed in for my entire trip

Loved the staff and the atmosphere- they were great :) Very welcoming and laid back.