Flying Pig Beach Hostel Reviews

Parallel Boulevard 208, 2202H2, Noordwijk, Amsterdam, Netherlands

I really enjoyed staying here, the staff were awesome and it's a lovely hostel. They offer some really reasonable tours in the area.

Some of the staff here were absolutely superb :) namely Josh! We were in the largest room which is shared with staff members but they could be a little inconsiderate at times; blowdrying hair at 1am & talking loudly during the night. Great atmosphere. There was never soap in the downstairs toilet in the dorm. Enjoyed a great BBQ that only cost 3 euros. There are board games! :) Staff are helpful and fun. Good location for beach and supermarket. Double bunk bed was awesome. Felt at home here :)

Amazing hostel, really enjoyed my stay and the bar is cheap especially at happy hour!! All the staff are brilliant but a special thanks to Tim, James & Josh, these guys really made my stay better! xx

It was really far from city center, and the shuttle was early for Amsterdam nightlife. Staff was high all the time, this one girl was really slow and did not seem to know much. 22 bedroom was horrible, thank god we got upgraded to a 6 bed because they over booked the room. They advertise it as a "beach" hostel, and I imagined it right on the beach. In reality, it was not really about the beach. Its just a hostel close to a beach, and really far from city center, so pay extra and stay downtown!

We really enjoyed our stay in the Flying pig beach Hostel. We were well received, all the staff is smiling all the time and it's really appreciable. Located near the beach, we could enjoy the sea, and the center is not that far. It was a really good week-end. 😊

• 9th May 2015

Great staff, location is irrelevant as it is where it is. Great place to go for a days or so. Anymore and it is pretty isolated. First day i got there I was like get me out of here. But then I realised this place is alright, great transport to lieden - the hague, rotterdam etc the people there are really friendly, it is a small hostel and very easy to meet people. Most seem to be heading back to amsterdam so good place to go before DAM and the beach is beautiful

Location is very inconvenient, need 2 trains and 1 bus to go there from city centre. Free breakfast provided.

It would be beneficial to have either longer curtains for the showers or a higher bottom shower lip in order to retain the water. There were many accounts in which the bathroom floor was a little flooded because multiple people took showers and the water accumulated on the floor due to excessive splashing.

Very friendly staff! Nice rooms, can't complain!

perfect friendly atmosphere, nice music and all what is necessary in one hostel only the smoking room too busy in the evening and the door of the room don't close well

It was awesome.Can't wait to go again.

This was a great find. I would strongly recommend it to fellow stoners and lonely travellers!

• 29th Apr 2015
  • Scotland

They didnot refund my security money.

• 27th Apr 2015
  • India

A nice hostel, clean, close to the sea. Just what I didn´t like - they did not give me back the 15 EUR deposit fot the key even though I stayed till 8 a.m. (as written for the reception opening).

Hi there, Thank you very much for your review, we really appreciate it. I'm very sorry to see that you didn't get your deposit back, We'll refund it to your credit card immediately. Hope to see you again soon! Cheers!

Party hostel. Rooms are secure. Toilets and shower lacking in numbers. Atmosphere was very good, lots of people in the common area. 50 beds so you could get to know nearly everyone.

An amazing place to say the least ... Was my first hostel as a lone traveller and I could not have asked for more.

I loved this hostel. The staff were nice and worked hard, very impressive that 4 of them were taking care of the whole place. I went before it was warm and I liked how unpacked it was. It was definitely a chill place by the beach. The downtown flying pig was crazier during this time (April).The only reason I did not rate it excellent for atmosphere is because there were so many locals who came to the bar every night. For me, I like meeting new people who are also experiencing new places & things

The Flying Pig - where do I start? It's the cheapest hostel in the Amsterdam area. yes, it's about an hour away, but they offer a €4 shuttle to and from the city. It's a nice break from Amsterdam. There are enough things to do in the town to keep you busy for about two days. One of the only downsides to this hostel was a staff named "Delphine". She was an absolutely miserable person, and shouldn't be dealing with people. Perhaps she'd be capable of laundry or cleaning (or perhaps too lazy?)

Hi there, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. We really appreciate this and we always try to learn from them as much as possible, We will contact you personally to find our more about your stay and how we could improve. Save travels! Cheers, The Beach Pig,

Great vibe, really am glad we went. I'll be back again.

• 13th Apr 2015

Hi there, Thank you so much for the great review. We hope to see you back some day! The Flying Pig Beach Hostel

The biggest problem I had concerned the fees I was charged. When I booked my stay, Hostelworld sent me an email saying that I would have to pay € 79.90 on arrival. Then Flying Pig Beach Hostel sent me one saying that I would have to pay € 84.10. There was a difference of € 4.20 which I didn't know where it was coming from. Then when I arrived I was charged a value even higher than € 84.10, I think it was about € 5 higher. I was told this was a tourist fee or something like that.

• 10th Apr 2015