Flying Pig Beach Hostel Reviews

Parallel Boulevard 208, 2202H2, Noordwijk, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Great hostel and atmosphere, but certainly not if you're there for anything other than the beach. It was by far the most expensive hostel on our trip, and everywhere outside the hostel was a ghost town (in June on a Friday..). If you want to go to Amsterdam, which I'm sure you would, there's a bus. 1. The bus is tiny, it's a van. Needs to be booked in advance or there's no places left. 2. It's €4 each way, adding to the cost again. 3. Latest one back is 10pm. Alt is public bus, €14.

Maybe my second review of this place. I did stay here twice. It was pretty good the first time so I stayed again. A party place so please stay if you like a smoke and a great range of music. If you're not the party type this place is still good. rooms are quiet enough and bathrooms are decent. It is away from Amsterdam but is in a beach town and it's great. I made many new friends here. Good place.

This place is ideal if you're looking for somewhere to party, hang out, outside of a major city and chill by the beach. It's a typical beach town, not much going on, but the hostel is like 2 minutes from the beach and the shuttles to Amsterdam save you so much money on staying in hostels in the middle of Amsterdam. It's like a 45 minute, €4 shuttle ride to the city centre which goes by quickly and they have shuttles going until 10 so it's very handy if you're on a serious budget.

That was such an amazing stay! I was only planning on staying 3 days but decided to stay for a week. If you like super chill people, beer, and smoking all day you are guaranteed the time of your life. If you stay downstairs and just talk to people, you will meet some super friendly people! Not the place to stay if you just want to chill in your room all day

Right next to the beach. They only have small lockers

I loved it! wished i stayed for longer though. Definitely recommend it! The only thing was that there wasn't enough lockers for me and my friends when we checked in. Otherwise it was awesome! :)

• 5th Jun 2015
  • Bhutan

I really enjoyed my time at the Beach hostel. It was very close to the beach, with a great atmosphere! The staff were very friendly and helpful with directions. Would definitely return!

• 5th Jun 2015

Best hostel I've stayed at. Incredible atmosphere because the staff are young and rowdy. Warning: staying at this hostel might make you not want to go to Amsterdam and instead just chill on the beach.

I booked 3 nights, first 2 nights the staff was unfriendly except the girl with Asian face she was so kindly and the last night they acting nicely with me maybe because they want me post a good review for them. however I liked this hostel because it's really party hostel and you can meet new people. last thing...they sould bring new sheets...its really smell bad.

The shuttle service into the city is four euro each way and they charge one euro to use the pool table. I thought that seemed weird since we were already paying to stay there. Also the staff was not super friendly and not helpful at all. Some locals hang out at the hostel bar which was kind of cool. Environment is a chill vibe but I do not think I would stay here if I wanted to visit Amsterdam. If the weather was nice and you wanted to stay away from the city this place would be great for 1day

Nice bar inside, good vibes overall. They have shuttles that take you in/out of the city all day. Perfect for relaxing after the craziness of Amsterdam

An amazing hostel. The staff were travelers themselves, the hostel was cheap, and the beach location creates for a nice respite from the city. The hostel van to and from Amsterdam made the distance from center-city a non-issue.

The flying pig was a great stay for a great price. The staff was great and helped with any questions I had. Ashley was also helpful on where to go for stuff to do. He is a regular there and knows the area better than most. I would def come back and stay there again just to have another beer with the staff and Ashley. The Sunday night dinner is a must and well worth the 5 Euro it costs.

• 30th May 2015

You wouldn't wanna be at this hostel if you don't wanna smoke. Location is about an hour from Amsterdam, they do have shuttles to and from for 4euros, however it's only twice a day and fills up fast! Smoking room was tiny and was always really crowded. They closed their outdoor area at 10pm. Beds were comfy, and there was a security deposit box, but no locker. A good free breakfasrt, I made my lunches with the bread and spreads too :) Located next to a gorgeous beach and restaurants!

Second time here and didn't stay long but it looked fun as ever. Comfy beds and would defo recommend as a cheaper alternative to the city, or a cheap base if you want to go to other cities too, very easy to get around from here

Staff was wonderful and helpful

Inviting staff, very helpful. Fun stay

• 28th May 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Good hostel for a chilled few days by the beach.

Amazing hostel, great atmosphere, and very friendly staff! Would highly recommend a stay here, and will definitely be going back!

Best hoste I've stayed at. Great vibes and awesome location. Definitely staying here again.