Flying Pig Beach Hostel Reviews

Parallel Boulevard 208, 2202H2, Noordwijk, Amsterdam, Netherlands

The double room really need the carpet gone it smells when it's hot out and the room is very stuff

• 1st Jul 2014

nice staff and interesting people but this hostel is a bit far from amsterdam

Good: if you're looking for a hostel that isn't hard up about smoking or drinking or noise, this is it. There's a lot of atmosphere mostly because there are as many staff as guests and they are all quite friendly. Bad: it's not in Amsterdam - but this is not a big deal because there are ways to get about. Overall it's probably the best hostel I stayed in in Amsterdam, just for the smoking room.

This hostel was way more out of the way than the website offered to mention. It was such a hassle to get there by bus (that we ended up paying 10 euro for, one way) and the "shuttle service" they offer is bullshit. We wanted to go out the one night we were staying there and the shuttle wasn't even available for us. Also when I came back from going out, it looked like someone had slept in my bed, and the huge room we stayed in smelled like fart.

• 28th Jun 2014

Loved it here! The rooms were clean, the breakfast was great, and the atmosphere downstairs was really relaxed and fun. The shuttle was also really convenient and easy to use which was really awesome. The staff were super friendly too. I wish I could have spent more time just hanging out at the hostel, but I was too busy. Would definitely stay here again.

The hostel staff was incredibly helpful! Location is excellent...very close to the beach any everything you need in town.

Small, but very close to the ocean, not far from amsterdam, and you get to see a lot more of the country. Would recommend to any student traveler, not really the place for families.

I thought the hostel was a little overpriced but the atmosphere is phenomenal! The location is perfect for the small beach town! Beautiful location and incredible helpful staff!

The hostel was good and we made some nice friends. But the location is too far from Amsterdam center and the shutter bus was limited of rooms. So if travellers want to stay mainly in the central Amsterdam, this is not a good choice for you!

• 26th Jun 2014
  • Vietnam

Way away from the city, but great shuttle service

Good price, Very nice and fun!! =) It´s a very simple place... but people are great, very helpful... and getting to Amsterdam is very simple and cheep with their shuttle service.

This was my best hostel experience...the staff is fantastic..all super friendly and helpful. The atmosphere is awesome and the beachy vibes make it a really nice getaway from the city bustle. I'll definitely be back next time I'm travelling in the Netherlands :)

I had an amazing time there ! The staff is really nice and welcoming, we felt like home ! It´s not far from Amsterdam (30 minutes), I highly recommend this hostel !!!

Stay here for 2 night in 4 beds dorm in June. We have an alternative holiday in Flying Pig Beach Hostel. Everything was better than my expectation. Clean and nice environment. Bathroom with superb warm water supply. Huge supermarket and the bicycle rent shop are just beside the hostel, I enjoy my holiday here. Also breakfast was provided, nice!! Also shuttle service to Ams is the best!! Must spent 1-2 night here, Noordwijk is excellent!

• 20th Jun 2014
  • Hong Kong

Great place, great people. I loved my stay here, probably the most fun place Ive stayed in Europe overall. I went knowing that it's a big of an ordeal to get to Amsterdam city- if you understand this beforehand, then it's no issue. This is definitely a party hostel and people are there to have a good time. It was loud, raucious, wild, and many other things. Amazingly cool staff. It's far away, it's noisy, it's dingy- but that made it all better. Travelling alone, it was perfect.

Fun hostel to stay at, particularly if you enjoy smoking weed. The shuttle for €4 to get there is convenient. If travelling to Amsterdam I would recommended giving this hostel a go for at least 1 night.

We had a great blast at the Flying Pig Beach Hostel, the staff were so cool and great to hang out with and so were the guests. The atmosphere is really laid back and everyone got on with everyone. The beach town that this hostel is in is about one bus and one train journey away from Amsterdam but it provides a very complimentary and different experience of the Netherlands.

• 15th Jun 2014

We arrived a little late and found we had booked the wrong night. The staff were super understanding and found us a bed for the night. They were super friendly and extremely helpful. We weren't there long but it was a great atmosphere.

Location is a bit far out, be very careful with the bus and train times or you'll have to pay €40 for a taxi from Leiden! Lovely hostel though, lovely staff and very easygoing (Emma, Melissa, Rob, etc) would recommend if you want to go to the beach and get out of the centre for a bit :)

This is a great hostel is you're looking for somewhere to relax away from the city. The beach location is ace, but probably wouldn't recommend it if you're looking to explore Amsterdam. Staff were very friendly, but it seemed like there were more staff than guests which gave it a bit of a weird vibe.