Flying Pig Beach Hostel Reviews

Parallel Boulevard 208, 2202H2, Noordwijk, Amsterdam, Netherlands

This place was rad! From the moment we walked in, the vibe was nice and relaxed, exactly what we were looking for. The Beach has a great mix of party and mellow. If you like meeting people but don't want to be out till 6am, this is the place. The wifi was a bit spotty on day one, but managed to fix itself quickly. That's about the only negative thing I had, and really it was minor.

Wonderful atmosphere, lovely people, great support and help. I will definitely be back!

• 2nd Apr 2014

It really was a nice stay at the flying pig. The staff was friendly and helpful around the clock. In late hours it was sometimes a bit noisy but you could get around with that. What I liked was that you get in contact with many people from all over the world.

• 2nd Apr 2014

I cannot express my love for the pig beach hostel enough!! Everyone was there for the same reason- to chill out and have a good time, and I think it's important that staff are included in that as well. They were all professional and very helpful when that's what you needed, but they were just as willing to hang out as anyone else. Also the fact locals party there is a great testament to how great it is. In short, it's a perfect small hostel on a really beautiful beach- I am so glad I stayed!!

I've stayed at all 3 flying pigs. I'd stay with them again, but. . . prices are outrageous on Friday and Saturday nights. Lockers are tiny, but there are locks on the dorm room doors. Some clutter on the back porch. You have to like and check in on Facebook to get wi-fi access. Just give us a password like every other hostel. Don't make us advertise for you on social media!

Staff is very helpful and friendly, Merica knows everything about the area. Hostel is clean, shuttle service is the best value to and from A-dam. Absolutely nothing in the area to see culture-wise, beach is very nice though, but is far away from any bigger town and takes a long time by train or bus to go anywhere else. Go to Noordwijk for tulips and the beach,. Nice, small area of café/bars just down the road from hostel, close to grocer. Can use kitchen and store your food in fridge.

The staff was always ready to answer questions

It was a great little hostel with everything necessary for a short break.

I'm sure this is a much better hostel in the summer time, but while I was there it was pretty dead. Not much to do, staff wasn't very friendly, you have to check in on Facebook to use the wifi. All in all I wouldn't go back.

Hi, it sure is even better in the summer time, you should come back and let us make up for the boring time :) Sorry for your bad experience with the staff, we have spoken about it in a staff meeting because Friendliness and customer satisfaction are key for us.

I spent just one night at the Flying Pig in Noordwijk. But I can surely recommend this hostel, the people are nice, the room was pretty clean, and the price also was good. Hope to get back to Noordwijk some day!

Staying outside of the city wasn't a problem at all, as Noordwijk was beautiful, and the shuttle service was great! The atmosphere seemed to be confined to the smoking room, and if you weren't into that it was a little harder to meet people, but I also think that we went at a slow time and everybody there seemed to work there! All in all a good time, and I would definitely recommend it!

Just cannot falt the flying pig beach hostall in any way had five days there and loved it great people running it verry helpfull interesting locals to chat to. smoking room 5 Minuits to the beach and all at the right price. you can't go wrong

• 10th Mar 2014

Very awesome place. The location is right on the beach, and shops/ nightlife nearby! The staff is top notch and instantly become friends with you. Nice area for smoking indoors/ patio, and bar inside too! The breakfast is great, and dinner is often cooked by one of the staff (really good food for cheap!) The shuttle to the other Flying Pig hostels in downtown/ uptown Amsterdam allow for a nice day-trip of fun. I would definitely stay here again!

Cool place, great place to unwind after time in the city. Will return!

I love flying pig at the beach! From the chilled out hostel to the amazing staff! Everyone was so cool! Helpful and so much fun! I have been here before and i will go back again. You check in at the door amd become part of the family! I can not wait to go back! Ps the shuttle bus rules!

Extremely comfortable all the staff members try their best to make you feel at home

The staff was GREAT!!!! meet new friends also, walked up to Lieden.

The Flying Pigs are very familiar. The stuff and the people staying there were quite awsome. They're helping you with every Problem you might have. It's a very good place to stay for younger people.

This is my best hostel so far in terms of location. Security is good and it is very clean with helpful staff. However,I wish they could serve breakfast earlier for guests who make the request or atleast avail things so that guests could make it themselves.Otherwise we a great moment here.

Can't say a bad thing about this place! Absolutely enjoyed my stay at the pig. Such a beautiful part of the world with the friendliest staff you will find! This is a hostel you must stay at if ever in the Netherlands!

• 29th Jan 2014