Flying Pig Beach Hostel Reviews

Parallel Boulevard 208, 2202H2, Noordwijk, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Hands down the happiest place on Earth! A lot more laid back than Amsterdam, but still always enough going on both inside and outside the hostel. I drop by the Pig whenever I get a chance (if only to say hello) and the staff and guests are always amazing, now arrivals instantly become part of the Piggy family. Just don't plan too much for the days after you check out, because you will not want to leave!

• 4th May 2014

One of the funnest hostels I've stayed at - would definitely recommend it for the atmosphere!

• 4th May 2014

Really great staff setting up games and themed nights. Also, the hostel had a chilled atmosphere where everyone got to know each other.

Close to bus stop, behind the sea, the staff is nice and helpful.... I like the area and cheaper

Great atmosphere. Friendly, relaxed and professional staff. Would recommend highly

• 28th Apr 2014

Amazing hostel, I'm really happy I chose it, everyone is completely nice and the shuttle bus makes it so pleasant.

BEST HOSTEL! the staff were lovely and friendly, i enjoyed staying and unwinding at the beautiful beach hostel. a lovely little place with a great atmosphere. if you come to the Dam and don't stay here than you are missing out my friend

If you are someone who enjoys fully hostel hanging out atmosphere, it would be a good choice. Good breakfast! But if you some who wants to be in the city of Amsterdam...choose somewhere else I suggest, more than two hours on the bus everyday, it sucks.

• 25th Apr 2014
  • China

Pretty great place! By the beach, friendly staff, I don't have anything bad to say about it. Great shuttle service. I can imagine this place would be pretty spectacular in the Summer...

I stayed at FP Beach Hostel for 3 nights, it was awesome to spend the time so near the beach! The hostel is small but very comfortable, with really friendly staff, great rooms an brilliant wifi! :) If you are a beach bum I would definetly recommend getting out of the city for at least a night and spending here.

Not much to offer at the beach except Keukenof (1hr away by bike), but the staff is really friendly especially the guy named Rurolf. The nearby supermarket offers food and drink at ridiculously cheap prices (1/3 the price in Amsterdam. A vitamin water bottle costs about 87 cents euro compared to like 3 euros in the city). Overall a great experience though the facilities aren't as good as the other two flying pig hostels in the city.

• 22nd Apr 2014
  • Taiwan

Broken pipes in bathroom, half of the floor was flooded. Pricy even in comparison to Hotels in the area.

• 18th Apr 2014
  • Poland

Hi, we are very sorry that your stay was ruined by a broken shower, the shower is fixed straight away. We always sort out complaints immediately when guest come to the reception. Our main goal is that all of our guest leave with a great experience :)

Loved the Flying Pig. Noordwijk is a bit off the beaten path, but is a charming ocean village that had a lot to offer. Shuttle service into Amsterdam for 4 euro which is impossible to beat. They put on a lot of events to make it fun for the guests. Locals come and hang out at the bar and it is a really great environment. Would stay here again without a doubt. Had a great 4 nights there. If you're lucky you'll get to meet Ashley, he is a mainstay there, and if you don't meet him you'll hear him!

Wonderful atmosphere, lovely people, great support and help. Wifi gratis, I stayed for just one night but was awesome and the breakfast too. I can surely recommend this hostel.

Using the term "shuttle" to get to and from Amsterdam is a little generous. Also, the shower in our room was just a flat floor so all the water built up and went everywhere. It was a mess.

Hi, we regret it that you were the unfortunate customer that experienced a broken shower, as soon as we noticed it was broken we repaired it straight away. When customers come to reception with complaints we always try to sort them out immediately so next time, please don't be shy because we always want to please our customers :) We run shuttle in to the city centre 4 times a day, we thought it was a pretty good service but we will look into it how we can improve on this.

Great place for single travellers looking to meet people. Atmosphere is warm and very chilled! Daily group dinners. Very smoker friendly. Typical party hostel. Beach is spectacular and bars on the actual beach look like they would be very lively in the height of summer. Definitely plan to go back here! Minor issue would be that at one point hostel front door was open and so was the door to my room but this was soon closed and lockers etc. are provided. nice area.

I think the main thing that bummed us all out was the lack of ear plugs. There was a reason the bowl was empty- because anyone who was staying there absolutely had to have them in order to sleep. You should also warn guests that the shuttle into the city of Amsterdam isn't super convenient, that it does fill up at times, and that it's going to be 4 euro each way. That was pretty misleading.

Hi, Sorry that we ran out of free earplugs, most of our guest like to party so it can be noisy at some times, guest that come to the reception with noise complaints we always try to upgrade them to our more quit rooms. Do you remember the confirmation email we send you which explains most of our services for our guest, including the shuttle cost and how to make reservations for the shuttle? We also have a webpage were you can find all important information about our hostel :)

Great place to stay not in Amsterdam but great shuttle service only bummer is no Last shuttles at 10 so no late nights In Amsterdam if using shuttle. Smoking room was great , right next to beach where u can swim , take surf lessons. Staff was super fun. Locker space was small and limited amount of outlets room got a bit smelly in the 22 people room bu beds were so comfortable! Recommend this hostel if u dont plan on wanting alot of late nights in Amsterdam!

I wasn't impressed with this hostel. The only thing it had going for it was that it was near a beach. Otherwise, it's expensive for as far as it is outside of AM, a 45 minute ride to Amsterdam that costs you €4 each way and you have to book far in advance or wait for the next one or pay €12 to get to the city on a bus/train, the dorm room was packed and beneath the bar, which was noisy all night, bed was extremely uncomfortable (a queen size bunk??), outlets were sparse, and only two showers.

The atmosphere of this hostel is wonderful! But what really makes it is the staff. The staff are absolutely superb. I would definitely stay here again.