Flying Pig Beach Hostel Reviews

Parallel Boulevard 208, 2202H2, Noordwijk, Amsterdam, Netherlands

I've been to 4 different hostels in Amsterdam and this is by far the cleanest and most comfortable you will find. Although it is a 30min drive to the city centre, we had a car anyway so I'm not sure how their shuttle system works.

• 14th May 2014

We really enjoyed our stay in our hostel. The location is great and the staff was really nice. We loved it =)

Best hostel I've stayed at so far, so darn fun! The staff rock!

• 10th May 2014

Had an amazing the experience there. The staff made it all happen. Lots of fun, very inclusive. Wish every hostel was like this one.

If you book this hostel, you'll spend more money to travel from Amsterdam to there. The room is very near the bar, so there are many noises. But if you are very tired after one day full of traveling, these noises are not problems for you. I don't recommend.

• 9th May 2014
  • Vietnam

Hi, did you know we have a shuttle service in and out of the city centre 4 times a day. Next time you can reserve a spot on the shuttle trough our reception :) Sorry for the noise, most of our guest like to party and for the ones that do not like it we have also more quit rooms and we provide free earplugs for anybody that cannot sleep easily in a dorm room. Hope to see you next time and do not hesitate to come to the reception with your enquiries or complaint

Lovely hostel, nice to get away from the city. Great staff and awesome vibe! Beach decor was lovely, laidback atmosphere was great for jamming, singalongs and making friends. The bar was fun. The beach is a short walk but not much to do in the beach town on a rainy day. The shuttle service to Amsterdam for 4 euros each way is a good deal.

Being an extremely last minute booking, we can not thank Ed and the team enough for squeezing us in. This hostel has one of the best atmospheres and you will feel at home immediately! Perfect spot right by the beach, and the easiest shuttle service to get into Amsterdam! Yummy breakfast as well :) thanks again for everything!

Okay, so I liked my time at the beach pig, it is very relaxed and the perfect place to drink and smoke with like-minded travellers and easy goin staff. But I have nitpicks, there was a mouse in my room, which I kind of don't care about personally, but is kind of bad. The lockers in the rooms were pathetically small. Also, though the staff were always nice and fun, I did feel a bit like they just wanted to bum around and party rather than run a hostel. The locals at the bar were cool though!

Hands down the happiest place on Earth! A lot more laid back than Amsterdam, but still always enough going on both inside and outside the hostel. I drop by the Pig whenever I get a chance (if only to say hello) and the staff and guests are always amazing, now arrivals instantly become part of the Piggy family. Just don't plan too much for the days after you check out, because you will not want to leave!

One of the funnest hostels I've stayed at - would definitely recommend it for the atmosphere!

• 4th May 2014

Really great staff setting up games and themed nights. Also, the hostel had a chilled atmosphere where everyone got to know each other.

Close to bus stop, behind the sea, the staff is nice and helpful.... I like the area and cheaper

Great atmosphere. Friendly, relaxed and professional staff. Would recommend highly

• 28th Apr 2014

Amazing hostel, I'm really happy I chose it, everyone is completely nice and the shuttle bus makes it so pleasant.

BEST HOSTEL! the staff were lovely and friendly, i enjoyed staying and unwinding at the beautiful beach hostel. a lovely little place with a great atmosphere. if you come to the Dam and don't stay here than you are missing out my friend

If you are someone who enjoys fully hostel hanging out atmosphere, it would be a good choice. Good breakfast! But if you some who wants to be in the city of Amsterdam...choose somewhere else I suggest, more than two hours on the bus everyday, it sucks.

• 25th Apr 2014