Flying Pig Downtown Reviews

Nieuwendijk 100, 1012 MR, Amsterdam, Netherlands

A great stay! Good location, yummy breakfast and excellent services as they even provides free ear plugs!!

• 24th May 2015
  • Malaysia

The breakfast and the showers were very good, and excellent location! There were no bathrooms close to the room, slightly inconvenient for middle of the night. The lockers under the bed could be fixed or replaced - the wires were poking out and they did not roll well. Overall would recommend during the week though I think the prices jump quite a bit the weekends...

Hi there, Thank you for your review, we really appreciate it that you took the time to let us know about your stay. We are happy to read you loved our very central location. We will make sure our maintenance team will fix the locker straight away. Thank you for letting us know. Happy travels! Cheers, The Flying Piggies

Great place! Everyone was so friendly (staff and guests alike) and it was a great atmosphere. It was always fun hanging out by the bar and talking to other guests. Rooms were clean and had locker storage under the bed, which was perfect. Great location and knowledgeable staff!

Hi there, Thank you for your review and for the amazing nice words! It is nice to read you loved our location and the staff. We will definitely make sure the staff will read your message as well. We hope to see you back some day! Happy travels! Cheers, The Flying Piggies

It was a great! The Flying Pig is the best hostel in Amsterdam!

• 19th May 2015

Hi there, Thank you for your review and for the amazing nice words! We hope to see you back some day! Happy travels! Cheers, The Flying Piggies

Great hostel for meeting people especially at the bar and smoking area. Very clean and well kept rooms and common areas and the free breakfast is a bonus! Staff are few and far in between especially at the front counter, there is only one person ever working there so waiting in line for a while is quite common.

Hi! Thank you for your review and letting us know about your stay! It is so nice to read that you loved our bar and smoking area. We are sorry to read that you had to wait in line at our front desk. We have 2 receptionists all day so we will look in to this matter straight away. Thank you for mentioning this. Happy travels! Cheers, The Flying Piggies

I really loved this place, The staff was really nice and really seemed to love working there. Breakfast was good, differentk bread for toast (and available all day) and this was the first hostel I have ever seen with soy milk!!! The smoking room is really laid back with tons of pillows, great for smoking or just chilling with your laptop. Theres a tour everyday which i found out on my last day that comes to get you at the hostel. Pool Table, foosball, great TV and huge kitchen, clean.

Hi! Thank you for your review and for the amazing nice words! It is so nice to read that you loved our extended breakfast. We started our own travel agency within the hostel recently so we hope to see you back some day so we can take you on a tour ;) Happy travels! Cheers, The Flying Piggies

Great location! The bar downstairs is always fun!

Hello, Thank you for your review and for the amazing nice words! We hope to see you back some day! Happy travels! Cheers, The Flying Piggies

Loud, busy, not particularly clean. Great location especially if you are looking to party and be in the centre of downtown! The included breakfast is excellent.

Hi! Thank you for your review and letting us know about your stay! It is so nice to read that you our breakfast. We are sorry to read that the room was not really clean. We will contact you personally to find out more about your stay. We hope to hear back from you. Happy travels! Cheers, The Flying Piggies

I love this hostel, I've stayed before and I'll never stay anywhere else in Amsterdam, it's a great place for literally any type of traveller.

Hello! Thank you so much for the amazing review and letting us know about your stay! It is so nice to read that you like our very central location. We hope to see you back some day! Happy travels! Cheers, The Flying Piggies

Good place. Only issue is light shining into room from outside all night.

Hi! Thank you so much for the amazing review and letting us know about your stay! We checked your booking and the room you stayed in. Thank you for mentioning this. We will have our maintenance team looking into this. We hope to see you back some day! Happy travels! Cheers, The Flying Piggies

Overall an okay hostel but could do a lot better. Atmosphere and cleanliness was good but unfortunately facilities were quite poor. Due to no air conditioning, the room windows were kept open but smoke from the bar got into the room and it smelled my entire stay. Also there was no warm water to shower and I didn't shower for three days. Otherwide the bed was comfy, location great, and staff pretty good, but overpriced considering the facilities condition.

Hilarious spot - mets loads of cool people and amazing location in the centre of everything. Everyone was super friendly and we had a blast. If you're looking for a chill place to meet people and smoke, this is it! Next time I'd maybe book a smaller room as the 14 person dorm was understandably loud with lots of people coming and going all hours of the day and night. Showers were absolutely freezing downstairs - but apparently upstairs bathroom gets all the hot water, so keep that in mind.

Hi there, Thank you so much for the nice review. Hilarious spot, we can agree with that ;) We are sorry to hear that the showers were cold during your stay. We had a issue with our water at that time, but we can happily say that everything is fixed again. We do hope to see you back some day. Cheers, The Flying Piggies

Great hostel, awesome atmosphere around the bar. Big lockers with tons of room for stuff. The only thing I would change is how loud the door was in my group room, it squeaked so loud and slammed every time someone went in or out which woke everyone up.

• 11th May 2015

The shower was the only negative; bad water pressure and it was very cold.

I only stayed for one night, so I didn't get to experience all this hostel had to offer. The location was EXCELLENT, close to Centraal Station and Dam Square. The bed of comfy and the wifi signal was great. I didn't go into the smoking room, but I liked that the option was there. My only complaint was no other toilets on the floor except for the one in the room. That's a minor issue though. I would totally stay here again!

Didnt spend much time in the hostel as I was visiting friends, however for the times I was there it was spot on. Literaly everything you want from a hostel is here and done right. Location is especially good.

Favorite hostel in Europe thus far! The atmosphere is awesome and the staff and all the people staying here are simply awesome. If you dislike getting little sleep and people being awake at all hours then this might not be the place for you but I loved the relaxed and chill atmosphere. Bathrooms and showers are clean, breakfast is good and wifi works all over the hostel. Smoke room is awesome! Tons of pillows and books. Location is also awesome, close to everything.

Great stay, very happy all round

• 8th May 2015

I had an excellent stay at the flying pig. I was only in Amsterdam for one night and the flying pig met all my needs. Great atmosphere makes finding new friends easy, great location is only a few minutes from tons of sights and the red light district. There's a smoking room downstairs where you can smoke and make additional new friends. All in all a great stay! 10/10

Great location right in the middle of everything and you can walk everywhere. Overpriced for what it is, we had a private room and it was tiny and not the cleanest.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7