Flying Pig Downtown

8.8
Fabulous 8143 Total Reviews

• England, Male, 18-24
21st Jun 2017

Such a good place we are travelling and spent 2 nights here it's really chilled out and such an enjoyable place would reccomend to anyone

• England, Male, 18-24
20th Jun 2017

It was great in every way possible, from the people to the facilities and location. We had a great time! :)

20th Jun 2017

First time ever in Amsterdam and definitely not my last Flying Pig was a sweet hostel, really cool atmosphere Definitely in a touristy area though so if you want a more authentic Amsterdam with local bars and stuff I'd go to the Flying Pig uptown location Had a lot of fun and met some really cool people 10/10 would stay here again!

• Dax1328
  • Singapore, Male, 25-30
19th Jun 2017

it's really a nice place with good location!

• Brazil, Female, 25-30
17th Jun 2017

Very good location and good facilities, even thou the room was way too hot for sleeping on a extraordinarily hot summer night. But I guess that's not the standard weather in Amsterdam, it was maybe just bad luck for me. I enjoyed my stay nonetheless...

• CatMcCollom
14th Jun 2017

Great location, 5 min walk from Amsterdam Centraal. Stayed in the 6-bed female dorm with ensuite (clean), lockers under every bed. Hostel is right on a busy pedestrian street so can be quite noisy. Bar on ground level is great, as a solo traveller it was easy to make friends. Everything walkable from the hostel. Staff were friendly, beds comfortable and clean, power point and light for each bed. Free breakfast every morning was so nice. Besides having a weird roommate one night, can't complain!

13th Jun 2017

Excellent place and perfect location! The staff were pros and the facilities were adequate. Old school hostel with modern amenities..great spot!

Thank you very much for your great review! See you next time hopefully! - The Flying Pig Downtown

11th Jun 2017

Had a great stay! Only stayed for one night but I can tell you this is where you wanna be! It is literally right in the centre of Amsterdam which is the access to everything you can do in Amsterdam! Highly recommend staying here 😊

Thank you so much for your kind feedback and for your recommendation! We hope you'll visit us again some day! - The Flying Pig Downtown

9th Jun 2017

Atmosphere was super chill, free breakfast was pretty complete, close to a lot of bars/clubs/smoke shops. In a big party area it seemed, so don't expect to get a lot of rest. Facilities was nice and clean, and the lockers were big, but bring your own lock if you want maximum security. Staff was less than friendly. They wanted to keep my passport over night, but I wasn't comfortable with that and expressed myself so, but they still persisted.

Thank you very much for your kind and constructive feedback. We are sorry that the communication during check-in hasn't been quite what you would have hoped and expected from us. We do take the passport as a means of security deposit if you check in after midnight, when we don't have a full-on receptionist. We will see if we can perhaps find an alternative solution, as we understand your concerns. Again, our apologies for the inconvenience. We hope to see you again some day! - The Flying Pig Downtown

• Australia, Female, 18-24
8th Jun 2017
7.4

If you like to party then this hostel is your cup of tea. Personally not the hostel for me, especially as a solo traveller I didn't feel hugely confident to just go down to the bar and meet people as everyone seemed already in groups, unless in the smoking room which I wasn't interested in. But like I said, just not the one for me. Found the bathroom quite dirty but that's what you get when sharing with 10 I guess. Breakfast was a good breakfast

Thank you for your fair review. We appreciate that you gave us a shot, and respect that it wasn't your cup of tea. Although we are famous for being such a social hostel, there's always moments when groups that have already formed may seem a tad intimidating. Please always feel free to make our staff aware of a dirty bathroom, and please note that we have plenty of public showers and toilets as well, which you may prefer at times. Thanks again for your review! - The Flying Pig Downtown