Flying Pig Downtown Reviews

Nieuwendijk 100, 1012 MR, Amsterdam, Netherlands

A really awesome hostel. Even though I was there on my own, I very easily made friends in the smoking area, and spent an entire afternoon chatting to an awesome Australian girl, so this place is fully recommended for anyone looking to have a great stay. Facilities were clean and well maintained, the breakfast was great, and the location was perfect. 10/10 fully recommended. I'll be back soon for what will be my 7th (or so) stay at the Flying Pig Downtown.

Great place! I was travelling alone and just sat at the bar or smoking room and chatted with the other guest. People were really cool. Staff was super friendly and helpful. They played good music in the common areas. Good location close to everything. I will 100% stay here again. Thanks again for the great times.

• 7th Dec 2014

Very central location, you'll be close to everything. The staff was super nice and helpful. Good breakfast with reasonably wide selection. My room had a bathroom in it which was pretty smelly. We had to keep the bathroom door closed do the whole time so the smell from the pipes won't get outside to the bedroom. Noisy lockers. Other than these, a great place to stay.

I had such an awesome stay at The flying pig I originally booked only one night but the next day I knew I had to extend my stay. The atmosphere is so much fun, the bar and smoke room are always packed with great people and the staff was very helpful. The rooms are very clean and the facilities were either in the rooms or close to them which is always convenient. The staff let you in on every secret of Amsterdam, best bars, cheapest coffee shops etc. Breakfast was good. I highly recommend!

Great location, friendly and helpful staff.

Great place to meet increible people.

Excellent hostel, but you need more pendant lights above the pool table.

• 30th Nov 2014

Really close to the train station and right in the action, under 5 minutes to the Red Light District and coffee shops right outside the door. as a girl on my own I felt safe walking around at night. a really chill place to hang out and meet people. security was excellent and breakfast included is always great! will definitely be coming back!

perfect! the bar inside and only for customers of the hostel too!!!

loved it here! showers were the best hostel showers I have seen, clean big kitchen and my favourite was the smoking room and chess tables :)

Great location. Friendly staff. Nice amenities!

Walking distance from central train station. The breakfast was excellent with cereals, fruits, juice toast etc. fun staff and indoor smoking area so you can buy coffee shop products and smoke them at the hostel. Overall awesome would stay again!

Awesome place to stay. Great location (5 min. from central train station) and a lively, upbeat atmosphere. There's a bar in the lobby, a room in the back to light up, and free breakfast provided every morning in a downstairs dining room, all of which make for a great environment to meet fellow travelers. Staff is friendly and helpful and cleanliness is standard for a hostel.

Flying Pig was an alright hostel! Two staff members were really nice Jed and Rachel! But if you don't smoke weed don't plan on having a blast! Room was ok, beds were uncomfortable! The overall stay was fun, but too many old people there!

Hi there, Thank you so much for leaving us a review and telling us about your stay with us. It is always great to read people enjoyed their stay with us. We will pass your message on to Jed and Rachel as well. We hope to see you back some day. Cheers, The Flying Piggies

The Location was very good, right at the shopping street of Amsterdam, close to many good places. We had booked a room for 32 people, but it didn't seem like that many people as the room was divided in two parts. The beds were really comfortable! It wasn't especially social, no common activities if you're looking for that. But there was a good pub and a chill atmosphere. Helpful and nice staff.

• 21st Nov 2014
  • Sweden

Fantastic location, great outside space/smoking room, nice bar and lovely staff. Average bedroom (think we had a mouse) but acceptable!

great hostel loved ma stay hopefully be back next year for another few great days

• 17th Nov 2014
  • Scotland

Nice place, good ambience. They will propose you activities everyday and will go out with the people every night what is really something different and valuable. 😉

I was looking for a flaw in here but... what a great hostel. It's hard to reach 100% but this hostel might as well be the best hostel in Europe. It's awesomely located, it is really secured, you cannot differentiate the staff from other customers as they are super friendly but as soon as they are behind the desk, working, they are very professional and beyond useful. You might think (with a smoking room) that it would be dirty but they clean it every night. And finally it's affordable. Perfect.

Hi there, Wauw! What an amazing review. You make us blush ;) It is always so great to read really nice comments and to hear guests enjoyed their stay with us. Thank you so much. We hope to see you back at the Pig some day. Cheers, The Flying Piggies

Excellent hostel. Nothing to flaw :)

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7