Flying Pig Downtown Reviews

Nieuwendijk 100, 1012 MR, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Flying Pig was an alright hostel! Two staff members were really nice Jed and Rachel! But if you don't smoke weed don't plan on having a blast! Room was ok, beds were uncomfortable! The overall stay was fun, but too many old people there!

Fantastic location, great outside space/smoking room, nice bar and lovely staff. Average bedroom (think we had a mouse) but acceptable!

Nice place, good ambience. They will propose you activities everyday and will go out with the people every night what is really something different and valuable. 😉

I was looking for a flaw in here but... what a great hostel. It's hard to reach 100% but this hostel might as well be the best hostel in Europe. It's awesomely located, it is really secured, you cannot differentiate the staff from other customers as they are super friendly but as soon as they are behind the desk, working, they are very professional and beyond useful. You might think (with a smoking room) that it would be dirty but they clean it every night. And finally it's affordable. Perfect.

Excellent hostel. Nothing to flaw :)

Flying Pig had the perfect atmosphere for a real Amsterdam experience.

• 13th Nov 2014

Nice hostel, well located in the center of the city. Bunk beds were not bad but they were not too comfy either.

Awesome place!

This is a party hostel in the centre of Europe's party capital. As such, it tends to attract a menagerie of douche bags and alcoholics, (mostly from Australia and Ireland). The dorms are huge and I was constantly awoken by 18 year olds who were too intoxicated to be aware of their surroundings. Despite all this, the staff was excellent and kept their facilities very clean. Great place if you want your time in Amsterdam in a cross-faded haze with a bunch of other white people in their late 20s.

Great staff and location, good parties at night

I changed my flying date and did not let them know, so all my booking was canceled as I did not show up in the first day. But they were very helpful to get me another place for me to stay! In the first day I stayed in a better place for the same price, so they tried their best to solve my problem.

Very good location, awesome atmosphere and the smoking room is an added bonus. Very safe environment

• 10th Nov 2014

best place to stay. Amazing, enthusiastic and friendliest staff and man you guys know how to party 👍 can't wait to be back.

• 8th Nov 2014
  • Nepal

Fun party hostel, not great for solo travelers. Some of the bartenders need to get over themselves.

The Flying Pig Downtown was Great! My boyfriend had been before and insisted that we stayed there. I now understand why. I will definitely be back and soon!

• 6th Nov 2014

This is the best hostel I've ever been to. The staff is very friendly, the bar prices are great, it's clean, and the fellow travelers are fun to party with. It's also located a block away from the heart of Amsterdam's nightlife.

• 6th Nov 2014

Great location perfect spot I would stay there again

• 6th Nov 2014

Lockers under the beds, great location. The bathrooms outside the rooms (10 people dorm) are really tiny, theres no place to put anything of your of your stuff in the showers. I prefered the room with more people with two bathrooms inside.

Best experience at a hostel yet! So so much fun. Loved it

• 4th Nov 2014

Don't stay here unless you like really crappy facilities, staff with little real knowledge of Amsterdam, and the most obnoxious guests. Only 1 shower PER HALL, and it's a 1 sq meter closet with a shower hose - no changing room or anything. When asking staff for recommendations (eg, restaurants) they never recommended any specific places. I'm curious if they knew anything or were just travelers themselves trying to make a buck. Worst hostel on our Eurotrip (2 months of hostels under our belt).

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7