Flying Pig Downtown Reviews

Nieuwendijk 100, 1012 MR, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Everything was great except I woke up to find a mouse digging around through all my stuff and eating my stroopwaffels! Front desk staff is lovely, very helpful and patient. Decent sized rooms.

I love the facility itself but I was only able to one night because after being sick before I got to Amsterdam my 4th roommate was sick and they couldn't accommodate me and the rest of my party. The 2nd night we returned and the new 4th roommate was ok and turned creepy. We couldn't stay. We felt awkward and unsafe.

• 24th Aug 2014

Fantastic place. The staff actually know you by name and it truly makes you feel like you are at home, whether you are just stopping in for a night or several, they make you feel so welcomed. The atmosphere is phenomenal, but with that being said I wouldn't come here if I was wanting a quiet few nights in Amsterdam... But then who actually wants a quiet night in Amsterdam?? Stop looking for places to stay and pick this one. Thank you so much to the amazing staff, I will definitely be back!!

great location and cool staffs. the shared bunk bed in 34 beds dorm was a bit too small for 2 guys sharing the same bed.

Hi there, Thanks for your great review. It is always nice to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us. We will make sure the staff reads your nice words as well. We can imagine that the queen-size bed might be a bit small for 2 guys. The queen-size bed is a great way to safe up some money as the bed is cheaper than 2 single beds. We hope to see you back some day! Happy travels :D Cheers, The Flying Piggies

Nice hostel but definitely pricey for what was offered, very popular for a pretty standard hostel (though the smoking area and bar were nice, the bedrooms were small and the toilets and shower far). Probably would not stay here again since the atmosphere offered can usually be provided in any hostel you stay at - for a far lower price.

Hi there, Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. It is nice to read you have enjoyed staying with us. To find out more we will send you a personal email, maybe you have some tips and tricks for us so we can keep improving our hostel as much as possible :D Hope to hear back from you soon! Cheers, The Flying Piggies

Excelent staff and location! Very nice bar! There is no laundry facilities but they recommended a good one just two blocks away from the hostel.

Incredibly fun and lively place to stay.

• 17th Aug 2014
  • New Zealand

+ Location. Bang in the centre. Perfect. + Staff. Friendly. + Atmosphere. Pool table, bar, smoking area, events. Could do with a quiet chill out area. - Room. In a 10 bed, there was not enough space. Rubbish, clothes etc everywhere. People were noisy until 3am. Underbed draw was broken and bed wasn't against the wall (could have fallen off the other side). Needs renovating too. - Price. £30 for what it was.. Ouch. Tip. Get a room which is less than a 16 bed.

Hi there, Thank you for taking the time to fill out a review. We always try to learn from our reviews and are always looking for ways to improve the hostel. We double checked your booking and our maintenance is staff is looking into the underbed. Thanks for letting us know. We will contact you personally to find out more about your stay. Hope to hear back from you soon. Safe travels! Cheers, The Flying Piggies

The location is just PERFECT!!! I've got no problems with security! The room was quite cleaned and it was not more because when you share room with other people, it is impossible to keep it completely cleaned! This is the only disadvantage of hostels, in my opinion! If you do need 100% silence to sleep, then I would suggest another place! For me it was really ok but I do not have such problem! The breakfast is a BIT more than the average for a hostel! Best atmosphere EVER for a hostel!

Hi there, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. It is absolutely great to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Indeed, it can be a bit hard to have a perfect night sleep when sharing a room with other people. For people who have troubles sleeping, we have free earplugs available at the reception. We hope to see you back some day! Safe travels. Cheers, The Flying Piggies

Amazing staff, amazing location, amazing atmosphere!

The bar had a DJ playing popular songs one night and it was a great place to meet people. The hostel is in a great location. Staff was helpful and friendly, and the hostel was kept quite clean. It would be better if there were more showers and toilets on each floor.

One of my favourite hostels EVER. If you're traveling to Amsterdam STAY HERE. Perfect location, really friendly staff (shoutout to my girl ninja) and such a cool atmosphere with the bar and smoking room. I think I spent more time inside the hostel than I did outside in the city. It was so chilled out and fun (great music too). Facilities all fine. I highly recommend this one!

Hi there, Thank you for your amazing review! You nearly make us blush;) We will definitely pass your message on to Pinja and our other staff members. Hope to see you back some day and happy travels! Cheers, The Flying Piggies

Great hostel, great bar and great smoking room. One knock against them is that you can't invite friends to the bar, so make sure you all plan to meet up somewhere else before going out. Also the rooms are extremely hot in summer, the pillows are a bit lacking and the beds are hard. Overall good aside from the beds.

Hi there, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a message and tell us about your stay. It is great to read that you gave us these high ratings! Indeed, we have a closed hostel bar . This means that only people that stay with us can have a drink at our bar. We know that loads of guests would love to meet up with their friends at our bar but unfortunately the Dutch law doesn't allow us to let any one else in. Sorry for the inconvenience. Safe travels and we hope to see you back.

Flying Pig is a very nice hostel. I was with a booking of 4 people in the 32 per room and we didn't know our beds were double bunk beds to share. They were nice beds with shelves. There's lockers for each bed with others to rent. All luggage size. The hostel has many visible staff working/cleaning/helping=great! If you want a quiet, pristine experience don't stay in this part of town. Just because of where it is, you'll probably get some rowdy roommates and partygoers nightly. Bar in hostel so..

Hi there, Thank you so much for leaving us such a nice message and these high ratings. It really makes us happy to read you enjoyed your stay with us. Also great to read you enjoyed your stay in one of our queen-size beds. Sharing a big bed with one of your friends is cheaper than 2 single beds, so great idea for couples and travelers with a tight budget :D Have a great trip and we hope to see you back some day! Cheers, The Flying Piggies

We stayed in the basement of the hostel so it was quite dark and dingy. Our expectations weren't high since it is a hostel but we were expecting the atmosphere to be a lot more fun based on the reviews. The hostel does not organize any social events and just gave us a flyer for a pub crawl which we don't highly recommend (it was ok). I also found the facilities to be quite unclean. Was quite disappointed.

Hi there, Thank you so much for leaving us a review.We really appreciate your opinion and we try to learn from them as much as possible. We are sorry to read we disappointing you.There might have been a miss communication. Every Tuesday , Thursday and Sunday we have a DJ playing. Our reception might have forgotten to let you know about the bar activities. We will contact you personally to find out more about your experience. We hope to hear back from you soon. Cheers,The Flying Pig

Awesome place, awesome people and staff. Really chilled out, friendly vibe. Only minus was the incredibly hot rooms, with no air con, only one fan and (in my room) no windows. Totally recommended though!

• 28th Jul 2014
  • Norway

My sister and I stayed in the 32 person room and it was awesome! We were a little bit worried that it would be cramped and crowded, but every bed had its own lockers, lights, and plug. The only issue we had was on the last night when a bunch of 18 yr olds had a party in our room at 2 am. But that's more about the travelers respect for other travelers!

• 26th Jul 2014

The hostel was really fun - staff were lovely and we met some nice people. The showers were really far away though which was a bit annoying but they were very clean. Walking distance pretty much everywhere in Amsterdam - close to many restaurants etc. We had a great time here :)

Great staff, located in a commercial area but near the red light district and other sites. Good common areas and bar, so you can interact with other people.

great atmosphere and awesome location. Staff were helpful and very friendly. Another than the bathroom flooding and the shower turning off every 25seconds was very good

Hi there, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a message and to give us these high ratings. We're sorry to hear that the shower went of every 25 seconds and that the bathroom was flooding. We checked out your reservation and room number and our maintenance team is on it. Thank you so much for letting us know. We hope to see you back some time and happy travels :D Cheers, The Flying Piggies

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7