Flying Pig Downtown Reviews

Nieuwendijk 100, 1012 MR, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Flying Pig Downtown was great! We originally booked for 1 night and then added on two more through e-mails. There was a slight mix up but everything worked out, and the staff gave us 50% off because we had to wait about 10 minutes for them to fix things. I thought that was great and never would have expected that on top of 2 free drinks! It's close to the train station which is very nice as well as close to the red light district, and only about 10-15 min walk to a lot of the bars and clubs.

We only needed to spend one night in a hostel in Amsterdam, and this one was closest to the train station where we were catching a 6AM train. The staff member who checked us in was quite possibly enjoying a beer while she did so, and the lobby was basically a pub--very loud and rowdy. We were in a 32-person room because it was the cheapest, and, while it was sufficiently clean, we woke up at 4:30AM to some people having a great time in bed. I know this isn't the hostel's fault but it was gross!!

• 6th Apr 2014

A good place to stay, staff were really friendly and helpful. The place is in a good location, close by to the main road and train station. Would recommend people to stay here.

• 6th Apr 2014

Excellent stay and helpful staff, although my card didn't work for my room door or the front door of the hostel , when I asked for a new one they told me there was nothing wrong with it, minor complaint, I'll still be recommending the hostel and stopping again

• 4th Apr 2014

Flying Pig was a pretty awesome place to stay. The location was amazing and I loved coming home every night to people in the bar and smoking room. The bedroom would have been great if not for my ridiculously rude and loud roommates - thankfully they offer free earplugs at the front. The downstairs "happy room" was cool too - you can rent movies & chill down there if you'd like. Breakfast was average. Overall it was a fun hostel but don't stay here if you're looking for a quiet time in Amsterdam.

Was only here for a 14hr layover, but the place was amazing! great atmosphere, they had a pool table in the front, smoking room in the back. we booked for two in an 18person dorm, and got a queen size bunk bed for the both of us :) staff was very professional and friendly. there was someone at the front desk 24/7. we had an early flight so we checked out at 6am and people were still up and hanging out in the lobby/common area. location was great. 10 min walk from amsterdam centraal station.

Great stay at the flying pig! Great location and staff very helpful! Look forward to going back soon!

Fantastic. I can safely say the security, cleanliness and location were fantastic. You're within minutes of everything from cafes and shops, to quaint canals and museums. I've never stayed in a hostel that was so clean and I showered twice a day yet hardly saw as much as a stray hair on the bathroom floors. The staff were also invariably fantastic, everything you could want from Hostel staff. The atmosphere was chilled and sociable. I couldn't find anywhere cheaper and it's absolutely worth it.

• 27th Mar 2014

Great place to stay! Amazing atmosphere and helpful staff, good location aswell. Would highly recommend!

• 27th Mar 2014
  • Scotland

The best hostel i have stayed at in Amsterdam. The location is brilliant in the middle of Amsterdam's action and the security is brilliantly handled. The bar has some of the cheapest prices in Amsterdam and the smoking room is fantastic. The showers and bedrooms are pretty clean and the 32 man dorm is a little noisy, but what do you expect for the price.

nice staff, free locker storage, cage was too small for medium luggage to lock, room floor creaking, bed creaking, bed is small and cramp, if you're about 1.7m , this bed will be a little cramp for you, good location, really central, simple continental breakfast was good, free storage after check out is good. Will still stay here if I come back though.

This is one of the best hostels I've ever stayed in. It's clean and everyone- the staff and the people staying there, were so friendly. The hostel bar and smoking room are really fun and are a great place to meet people from all over. Also, they have the best free breakfast I've ever had. That chocolate spread for the toast is amazing. I wish I could have brought some home with me!

Really enjoyed our stay. Nice staff and excellent location.

Great hostel, nice staff. Keep it up!

Amazing place one of the best places I've been in Europe, hardly recommended

The Flying Pig was such a fun hostel... from the decor to the staff. Everyone was friendly and very helpful. It was very clean and I had no complaints!

• 20th Mar 2014

It was a pleasant stay in the hostel, it is in a really good location, 2 blocks from Amsterdam Centraal Station and close to all the places you would like to visit during your stay in Amsterdam. Room was fine, receptionist guys were nice, bar is really cool, if I have to complain about something is that rooms do not have wi fi. However, I would recommend this hostel.

This place is amazing, the staff was great from the second I arrived and made it easy to get settled even though the place was incredibly crowded. The guests were all really great, traveling alone I was able to find people to hang out with every night. The breakfast is basic but it works, and having the bar downstairs is a bonus that was really nice. The weekends do get expensive but that is to be expected.

the hostel is great and the bar and smoking room had an excellent atmosphere.also great location and within walking distance of all the major attractions, as a solo traveller I met so many new friends here I will defo be back in the near future.if you are staying in amsterdam stay here awesome place.

Very good hostel. fantastic location!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6