Flying Pig Downtown Reviews

Nieuwendijk 100, 1012 MR, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Flying Pig had the perfect atmosphere for a real Amsterdam experience.

• 13th Nov 2014

Nice hostel, well located in the center of the city. Bunk beds were not bad but they were not too comfy either.

Awesome place!

This is a party hostel in the centre of Europe's party capital. As such, it tends to attract a menagerie of douche bags and alcoholics, (mostly from Australia and Ireland). The dorms are huge and I was constantly awoken by 18 year olds who were too intoxicated to be aware of their surroundings. Despite all this, the staff was excellent and kept their facilities very clean. Great place if you want your time in Amsterdam in a cross-faded haze with a bunch of other white people in their late 20s.

Great staff and location, good parties at night

Very good location, awesome atmosphere and the smoking room is an added bonus. Very safe environment

• 10th Nov 2014

Great hostel, perfect location and def got the value for my money. Did not let my friend come inside to sit by the bar which was the only downside. Other than that it was safe and clean and a good hostel

best place to stay. Amazing, enthusiastic and friendliest staff and man you guys know how to party 👍 can't wait to be back.

• 8th Nov 2014
  • Nepal

Fun party hostel, not great for solo travelers. Some of the bartenders need to get over themselves.

Hi there, Thank you so much for your review and taking the time to let us know about your stay with us. We are sorry to read you didn't like some of our staff members. We find it really important to find out what exactly happened as friendly staff is really important to us. We will contact you personally by email to find out more. We hope to hear back from you. Safe travels, The Flying Piggies

The Flying Pig Downtown was Great! My boyfriend had been before and insisted that we stayed there. I now understand why. I will definitely be back and soon!

• 6th Nov 2014

This is the best hostel I've ever been to. The staff is very friendly, the bar prices are great, it's clean, and the fellow travelers are fun to party with. It's also located a block away from the heart of Amsterdam's nightlife.

• 6th Nov 2014

Great location perfect spot I would stay there again

• 6th Nov 2014

Lockers under the beds, great location. The bathrooms outside the rooms (10 people dorm) are really tiny, theres no place to put anything of your of your stuff in the showers. I prefered the room with more people with two bathrooms inside.

Best experience at a hostel yet! So so much fun. Loved it

Don't stay here unless you like really crappy facilities, staff with little real knowledge of Amsterdam, and the most obnoxious guests. Only 1 shower PER HALL, and it's a 1 sq meter closet with a shower hose - no changing room or anything. When asking staff for recommendations (eg, restaurants) they never recommended any specific places. I'm curious if they knew anything or were just travelers themselves trying to make a buck. Worst hostel on our Eurotrip (2 months of hostels under our belt).

Hi there, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. We try to learn from them as much as possible. We are so sorry to hear you did not enjoy your stay. We indeed have a extra shower on each floor, almost all of our rooms have a bathroom in the room. Next to this we have a big shower room in the basement, we are so sorry to read this wasn't communicated to you. We will contact you personally to find out more about your experience. Hope to hear back from you soon.

Very little room downstairs. Real struggle to find a place to sit down for breakfast.

• 3rd Nov 2014
  • Poland

Directions to find the hostel were kind of hard at 6 in the morning, but once found was right int he centre of downtown near shops, coffee shops, bars, restaurants etc. Free brekky is always good, but not much seating in the dining room/kitchen so often had to wait til people were done to get a seat. Kitchen had everything you need (and more) to cook up a storm which definitely helps when you're on a budget. Staff were super helpful in tips on places to go/things to do etc. Would def come back!

Very well located. Staff was friendly but gave us bad directions.. Good atmosphere, good wifi, great breakfast and good facilities. The toilettes were smelly though, but good overall. Would recommend it.

Brilliant location 4 min walk from centraal station and in the middle of the city, everything is walking distance. Staff are very friendly, if something goes wrong they will more than fix it. Great facilities free WIFI and breakfast- nice chill out area. Only complaint would be that there should be more of a gender balance in the room.

• 1st Nov 2014
  • New Zealand

What you would expect from a large hostel in the centre of Amsterdam. I stayed in a 6 bed dorm. It didn't smell particularly nice and was very messy due to the people already staying there. There was always someone asleep which meant I never got time to sort my stuff out and my bed was next to a window which I couldn't close so got covered in mosquito bites. Not fun. If visiting Amsterdam for partying it's perfect. If there for any other reason, I wouldn't recommend it.

Hi there, Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We can always learn a lot from them. We are sorry to hear the room was a bit messy due to other travelers already being checked-in. Thanks for letting us know about the window. We will have our maintenance guys checking the window straight away. Thank you again for your time and safe travels. Cheers, The Flying Piggies