Flying Pig Downtown Reviews

Nieuwendijk 100, 1012 MR, Amsterdam, Netherlands

too many people!!

Hi there, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We will contact you to learn more about your experience. We would love to find more about your stay. Cheers, The Piggies

This is the kind of hostel which learned with the time how to work with backpackers and young travelers. The staff is really amazing. The bar is cool and have good prices, the smoking area seems surreal sometimes. They give free ear plugs (Which is really useful if you are sharing room) and i could not imagine better localization.

Best hostel In Europe. Great staff, great location, great atmosphere.

You will meet the bests kinds of people in The Flying Pig. There is an amazing social atmosphere and it felt like home. Very clean. Friendly staff. Cheap bar. No complaints!

• 30th Jan 2014
  • American Samoa

Hi there, It is always great to hear that people leave the hostel with new friends. Thank you so much for leaving us such a great review and we hope to see you back at the Pig someday :D Cheers, The Piggie staff

Location is perfect. Breakfast was pretty poor for weekend breakfasts. But if you say cereal is enough for me then its allright for you. Staff was always caring and kind. Thank you Flying Pig Downtown for an awesome holiday! :)

• 29th Jan 2014
  • Turkey

Hi there, Thank you for the great review. We really appreciate that you took the time to rate us. We have white, brown and raisin bread, 2 types of cereals, cooked eggs, chocolate past and peanut butter for breakfast. Unfortunately we don't have a special breakfast during the weekend. This is something we can definitely look into. Thank you for the tip :D We hope to see you back at the Pig some day. Happy travels!

A hostel for laid-back people who are there to enjoy the moment, party... The staff are really helpful and answered all the questions.

We 7 ppl booked a 10 bed dorm 4 months ago and just before trip they told me they need to split. Online booking is supposed to be cheaper but than he asked us to pay 24.90 euro for 14 bed dorm while ppl coming in on spot getting 6 bed dorm for 18.90 euro and he cant do anything. The place is old, kitchen is super dirty and always no place to sit for breakfast. They let ppl drink in the reception place the whole place very chaotic, its like a pub more than a hostel. Card key is total rubbish.

Hi there, Thank you so much for your review. We really appreciate that you took the time to let us know how you experienced your stay with us. We are very sorry to read that you and your friends got split up. We always try our hardest to keep all groups together. We will contact you personally to find out more about your stay. Cheers, The Flying Pig Downtown staff

This place is a bar which happens to be a hostel too. With a unique atmosphere, it is quite easy to meet other travelers and it is really close to the main train station. The breakfast was incredibly good! Almost like in a proper hotel with eggs and many types of bread. However, they urgently need to remodel the toilets and some beds. The shower was a broken tube on the wall and the pillows/mattresses were very unconfortable.

Pretty cool hostel! Nice smoking room, great place to meet fellow travelers. rooms were a bit grimey but ive been to Amsterdam a few times and all the hostels have been like that soo... Breakfast was really good they offered eggs and fruit and thats awesome not like the normal toast option. 5 min to the train station! super awesome! :)

The hostel is awesome, I loved and the people there are to much lovely, and I'll be back in the same hostel! I say thank for all that they made for us!

• 21st Jan 2014

Was a pretty cool hostel. Can see why it's one of Europe's top ones. I liked the smoking room and downstairs bar

''The atmosphere of the smoking room''

Genuinely couldn't have asked for a better place. Staff are very welcoming and just all round nice people. The hostel has a vibrant, buzzing anosphere despite it's small population. The smoke room is the chilliest place, such a sweet spot. Rooms where clean as well kept. Staff so a good job cleaning and general upkeep. Location is very central downtown, only 5 min walk from central. Definitely coming back in summer.

• 20th Jan 2014
  • Scotland

Flying pig downtown was the best time of my life. Great location, great security, great fun, great laughs, great staff- overall amazing. The music was awesome too. Can't complain. I will for sure be back !!! Thanks flying pig for the best time!

• 19th Jan 2014
  • American Samoa

Terrible.My friend and I were sleeping and a guy from the staff came to our room, turned on the lights and asked one of us to come downstairs because we needed to check if we were in the right room.Apparently, they made a mistake - put 5 people inside a room of 4 - instead of fixing that before, they woke us up at 1 am.The bathroom stinks a lot and lastly: people smoked weed in our room even with a smoking area dowstairs. Staff is kind, I was sick, a girl helped me and was nice but the rest...

Hi there, Thank you so much for taking the time to tell us about your experience. We are very sorry to hear that one of our staff members woke you up to check if you were in the right room. This should not have happened. We will contact you personally to see what happened, so we can learn from this mistake. We would love to find out more about your stay. Hope to hear from you soon. Cheers, The Piggies

the staff are outstandingly friendly and helpful. great vibe and amazing location.

Not the most modern hostel but absolutely fantastic location. The rooms and bathrooms were always clean and the atmosphere was really awesome. The staff were really cool and very helpful. Flying Pig definitely mad our stay in Amsterdam that little bit cooler!

This hostel is in a great location and really easy to find. I only stayed one night and had to be up at 4:30am to pick up my boyfriend from the airport. Unfortunately a whole bunch of people decided to have a party in my dorm so I couldn't really sleep.Whilst not entirely the hostel's fault I feel like security is a bit lax as I'm not convinced all the people were guests. If you're after a busy hostel with a party vibe you'll love it here!

I had an awesome stay at the Flying Pig Downtown. All the staff were happy to help in any way, the location was fantastic and the free breakfast had a good range of breads, spreads, fruit and cereals (they even had soy milk!). The smoking room was great and is a good way to meet new friends. I would highly recommend this hostel!

Twenty six of us stayed here and we had a fantastic time-location couldn't be better-very easy to find both daytime and nighttime😉 had a very relaxed atmosphere and very clean! I would def recommend it to friends!!

• 13th Jan 2014