Flying Pig Downtown Reviews

Nieuwendijk 100, 1012 MR, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Fantastic location, great outside space/smoking room, nice bar and lovely staff. Average bedroom (think we had a mouse) but acceptable!

great hostel loved ma stay hopefully be back next year for another few great days

• 17th Nov 2014
  • Scotland

Nice place, good ambience. They will propose you activities everyday and will go out with the people every night what is really something different and valuable. 😉

I was looking for a flaw in here but... what a great hostel. It's hard to reach 100% but this hostel might as well be the best hostel in Europe. It's awesomely located, it is really secured, you cannot differentiate the staff from other customers as they are super friendly but as soon as they are behind the desk, working, they are very professional and beyond useful. You might think (with a smoking room) that it would be dirty but they clean it every night. And finally it's affordable. Perfect.

Hi there, Wauw! What an amazing review. You make us blush ;) It is always so great to read really nice comments and to hear guests enjoyed their stay with us. Thank you so much. We hope to see you back at the Pig some day. Cheers, The Flying Piggies

The first hostel I have ever stayed at, and it was amazing. Come here for a relaxed and chill vibe. The bar in the Hostel is nice and cheap with a great selection. The smoking room is really social and a great place to hang out.

Excellent hostel. Nothing to flaw :)

Flying Pig had the perfect atmosphere for a real Amsterdam experience.

• 13th Nov 2014

Nice hostel, well located in the center of the city. Bunk beds were not bad but they were not too comfy either.

Awesome place!

This is a party hostel in the centre of Europe's party capital. As such, it tends to attract a menagerie of douche bags and alcoholics, (mostly from Australia and Ireland). The dorms are huge and I was constantly awoken by 18 year olds who were too intoxicated to be aware of their surroundings. Despite all this, the staff was excellent and kept their facilities very clean. Great place if you want your time in Amsterdam in a cross-faded haze with a bunch of other white people in their late 20s.

Great staff and location, good parties at night

Very good location, awesome atmosphere and the smoking room is an added bonus. Very safe environment

Great hostel, perfect location and def got the value for my money. Did not let my friend come inside to sit by the bar which was the only downside. Other than that it was safe and clean and a good hostel

best place to stay. Amazing, enthusiastic and friendliest staff and man you guys know how to party 👍 can't wait to be back.

• 8th Nov 2014
  • Nepal

Fun party hostel, not great for solo travelers. Some of the bartenders need to get over themselves.

Hi there, Thank you so much for your review and taking the time to let us know about your stay with us. We are sorry to read you didn't like some of our staff members. We find it really important to find out what exactly happened as friendly staff is really important to us. We will contact you personally by email to find out more. We hope to hear back from you. Safe travels, The Flying Piggies

The Flying Pig Downtown was Great! My boyfriend had been before and insisted that we stayed there. I now understand why. I will definitely be back and soon!

• 6th Nov 2014

This is the best hostel I've ever been to. The staff is very friendly, the bar prices are great, it's clean, and the fellow travelers are fun to party with. It's also located a block away from the heart of Amsterdam's nightlife.

• 6th Nov 2014

Great location perfect spot I would stay there again

• 6th Nov 2014

Lockers under the beds, great location. The bathrooms outside the rooms (10 people dorm) are really tiny, theres no place to put anything of your of your stuff in the showers. I prefered the room with more people with two bathrooms inside.

Best experience at a hostel yet! So so much fun. Loved it