Flying Pig Downtown Reviews

Nieuwendijk 100, 1012 MR, Amsterdam, Netherlands

This is one of the best hostels to visit! Great bar, great staff, great breakfast, great location. The only downside is that my room was quite far from the bathrooms so it was a mission everytime to go to the showers. Also the bathrooms are unisex if you stay in a mixed dorm room

Hostel close to city. Staff are ok but didn't know too much. Towel stolen wasn't great start. Kitchen is good to cook in but little utensils. Beds ok but rooms packed and had more party vibe then common room and relax

Hi there, Thank you so much for leaving a review. We really appreciate that you took the time to leave a comment. We will personally contact you to see if you have found your towel. Sometimes our cleaning confuses our rental towels with guests personal towels, in this case they go to the laundromat and come back all clean :D Sorry to hear our recently renovated kitchen wasn't finished during your stay. We really hope to see you at the Pig another time! Happy travels!

I had my third time experience at Flying Pig :) Best atmosphere in the world. I am absolutely recommending the hostel to you.

This hostel is in a great spot, with great staff. It has a chilled atmosphere and you're bound to meet new people if your friendly

I did not have a good time at the hostel, as I expected to. The staff wasn't helpful at all. I arrived early and very tired at the hostel and wanted to rest for a while, but they asked me to wait for the room service. My bed wasn't ready until 3pm. Besides that, I thought it would be a fun place to chill and meet people, but the atmosphere was very individualist, in my opinion. I wouldn't stay there again or recommend it.

Hi there, Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to hear that our staff wasn't able to help you out better. Check-in can be done after 9am but the rooms are not ready until 3PM. We let people go to the rooms after 11AM so they can already use the lockers in the room. We are sorry to hear this was not communicated to you. We will contact you personally to find out more about your experience. Again thank you and we hope to hear from you. Safe travels!

Great place. The smoking room is ace, perfect place to space out.

• 30th Nov 2013

It's a pretty cool Hostel. The smoking area gets very crowded in the evenings though and you might have to be standing. the bar is cozy and cute. had a good experience and would recommend to other young travellers who are looking for the spirit of Amsterdam:)

Easily the best hostel I've stayed in in Amsterdam. Would recommend to friends.

Decent hostel. Fantastic location. Super easy to get to from airport. 12 bed dorm was good size. Lockers nice and big. 2 bathrooms in 12 bed dorm was nice. Heating good. Never made it up early enough for breakfast. Wifi was quite poor. Good smoking room and bar. I preferred this one over the flying pig uptown. Would stay here again.

Had a super stay @ the hostel! Awesome staff, nice smoking room, cool entrance, internet.. Only problem I had with the hostel, is that there was no sign with the name in front of the hostel.. had a hard time to find it.. and 1 bed of our 2 persons room was broken, but when we put the planks straight in as they should have been, it was all perfect again

• 20th Nov 2013
  • Belgium

Awesome place. Can't go wrong here.

Lovely staff!

Loved the location. HATED that there were COUPLE beds in the room. Not ONE but several! 6 couple beds! That was so awkward as I was a solo traveler. Hated that wifi didn't work in the basement room.

I loved this hostel. It'd be easier to list my complaints, such as poor wifi and limited hours access to the kitchen. Everything else was awesome. The environment, the bar, the staff, the beds, the security. Oh yeah, the showers were a bit of an odd system (effectively soaking the whole washroom floor when used). But who cares? Minor inconveniences. This hostel is the bomb.

I stayed twice in this hostel and would stay a thousand times over. IT IS PERFECT!

Thoroughly enjoyed our time at flying pig Special shout out to shakneequa haha (Aussie at front desk she was amazing). The rooms are great and I thought it was handy that they came in and cleaned the rooms everyday! Good location, bar atmosphere is very chilled, staff are friendly! Would recommend to anyone!

• 10th Nov 2013

stayed in the 32 bed dorm for a couple of nights. can't really say anything bad about this place! hot showers, cool bar, smoking room, comfy beds - all good.

great place if you want to be around people who are constantly stoned.

Overrated. Honestly, it was the worst hostel I've stayed at so far. The location is great, the staff is friendly, but the rooms and bathrooms were terrible. And the lockers under the beds make the loudest, most ANNOYING SCREECHING sound I've ever heard. Expect it to wake you up over a dozen times throughout the night if you forget earplugs. It's a hostel designed for people who want to smoke weed all day. For someone just visiting Amsterdam, there are much better hostels at a better price.

A very welcoming hostel with a good atmosphere. The bunks and dorms are basic (but then what do you need when you're sleeping?) the bar area is great and there are good shower blocks with warm powerful showers. Ideally located from the cafés and coffee shops .... What more could you want!! Thanks, Joe