Flying Pig Downtown Reviews

Nieuwendijk 100, 1012 MR, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Nice location, great if you're a partier. Double bed dorm was nice since we were a couple. Good facilities. They had all the things you would want in an Amsterdam hostel - games, food, smoking room, bar, DVDs, etc.

Good hostel in a great location. All staff had excellent English. Great value for money.

• 5th May 2014

It is definitively a party hostel. De bar is almost always full and the atmosphere is very good (for those who want party).

Nice place, bit noisy at night but they provide free earplugs! No wifi on third floor in the rooms and you have to provide own padlock to keep things like passport safe. Good kitchen. Nice smoke room and social areas. Would stay again!

Hi there, Great to see you left us a message on our review page. Thank you for that! It is very nice to read that you enjoyed your stay. We are working very hard to get the WIFI working throughout the entire hostel, so hopefully this will be all working when you stay with us again in the future. We are sorry to read our reception did not inform you about our free reception safe where we store valuables like passports. Hope to see you back soon. Happy travels

Good hostel. A party place! Wouldn't recommend staying in the big dorms, a lot of noise. Not good for families. But all around a more than okay experience. Perfect if you are a tolerant person who likes to party!

I think one of the biggest problems what how far were the toilets to the dorm rooms. Overall a very good place to stay.

Overall a cool place to come back and chill after wandering around...the smoking room is the place to be to meet others from around the world...the mattresses were horrible, so pay for two and stack em up I guess..lolol very spacious lockers under the beds so everything can fit...for the best coffee shop, head west to Siberië..more locals, great coffee, even better quality green for less money than any other place I went..all in all I'd stay there again..don't ask me about breakfast..I slept in!

This hostel is amazing!! The staff was friendly, great location, the showers and kitchen facilities were both well kept. I stayed in a 32 person room, and it was never overly loud. Plus the atmosphere was awesome, very lively and welcoming.

I had a really great time a the flying pig, it was in a really busy part of the city but I still felt very safe there. Even though it has a reputation for being a bit of a party hostel everyone was really respectful and I had an amazing time. The location was awesome, only about 5 mins from central station which is great if you have a lot of luggage to carry! It was close to lots of head shops and the red light district, and it only took about 15 mins to walk uptown to all the museums!

Top Notch hostel. It would be hard to be bad in such an awe-inspiring city, but this hostel did not disappoint. Shout out to Rafael at the desk for fantastic recommendations and a professional attitude. Shout out to Charlie at the bar for wonderful service and some dance moments. This place truly attracts a great crowd and I will definitely consider staying here again.

Excellent location, the staff is really friendly.. Localization is perfect!

• 29th Apr 2014

Best hostel! Great staff, friendly environment, always very clean! And they have an on site bar and smoking lounge! What could be better?! I was a young female traveling alone and I felt totally safe at the flying pig

The location was perfect and they had everything I needed for my stay. The people were friendly and the breakfast was decent. Would definitely stay there again!

Great hostel. Would stay here again in the future. Great place to meet people and the staff is full of fun information! I wish breakfast was more than toast and cereal but that was fine, work out ok. I was traveling alone and I met people by just hanging out in the bar area, although the music was a bit loud for conversations sometimes. Great place!

Ok, but expensive like all hostels in Amsterdam.

Great experience, will defiantly look to stay again.

• 26th Apr 2014

Great hostel, definitely the place to stay in Amsterdam and free breakfast is always a plus

Great Hostel - Staff were all helpful and friendly. Great location to access the various sites of Amsterdam. Nice and reasonably priced Bar. Would stay here again, no problem!

Very friendly and fun atmosphere and location is perfect, just a small walk from Dam Square and Red Light District. Also staff is very helpful and friendly. Great value money.

Really enjoyed my stay here. Great location, just a couple of minutes walk from central station. Staff were really friendly and the atmosphere was everything you'd hope for in an Amsterdam hostel. I'd stay here again. Great place to meet other travellers.