Flying Pig Downtown Reviews

Nieuwendijk 100, 1012 MR, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Definitely a party atmosphere. The smoking rooms awesome and the staff was super friendly. My only complaint was when I arrived to my room (after check in) there was trash EVERYWHERE and the room had not been cleaned nor was it ever really cleaned. Granted, this is partly because I was in an "ensuite" room and was sharing a room with some sketchy guys, but the cleaning staff should have made alittle more effort. Overall, it's a good hostel but kinda pricey. Not good for solo travelers.

The Location is in the Centre but the street gets unpleasant after dark. Average atmosphere, nothing really bad but nothing really good as well. But to be honest I have stayed there for just one night.

Location can't be beat, and staff are always friendly and helpful. Free bfast was the best I've had in Europe, and then the kitchen is well stocked and they put the leftover bread out for mid day munchies. Wifi was great in bar and downstairs areas. Lockers under beds and typical dorm rooms. But really, location, location, location.

Flying Pig Downtown Rocks!! Great vibe throughout my whole stay, very clean well kept facilities. Amazing free breakfast, chill smoking room with covered balconies as a second option. On top of all that the staff are super friendly and make an effort to chat and get to know the guests.

Probably one of the best hostels I have ever stayed at. Comfortable beds and awesome atmosphere. Also the most I have ever paid for a hostel bed, but they know they have a great thing going.

• 25th Oct 2013

Good atmosphere for meeting people

I've stayed there twice, think its an excellent hostel. Amsterdam accomadation is pricey, but at least in the flying pig you get great facilities - very good lockers, breakfast and common room. WiFi doesnt make it upstairs, but c'est la vie

Great people, great staff, great time.

• 23rd Oct 2013

Generally very clean. Our room was right next to the outdoor smoking area though so we had to keep the window closed even though it was hot! The wifi was pretty slow in the evenings, and it would have been nice to have more fruit for breakfast. But overall it was a great location and had most things that I needed including a place to store valuables during the day which was useful. The showers were good although a bit of a walk from our room.

Had a great time here as expected. The atmosphere is wonderfully great, especially the smoking room. The staff were really helpful and friendly.

Really good location for when you arrive, right in the middle of the tourist world if thats what you want. staff is really friendly, really chill, party vibe in the hostel. big rooms, 2 bathrooms if its more than 8 people. smoking room is always a plus. definitely stay here if you want a party experience :)

As expected, a happening place in a very strategic spot. My partner and I were there only there for the night stay, so we didn't take part in the "gatherings," but we could see that it must have been fun to be part of them.

Very good experience

• 20th Oct 2013
  • Northern Ireland

Had such a wicked stay at flying pig! The facilities were great and the staff were really helpful. The bar and smoking room had a really cool atmosphere so if you stayed in you didn't feel too guilty about it because you felt like you were out at a bar anyway! Would definitily recommend this hostel to others :)

Where do I start... I was there during the Music Festival featuring Tiesto, and the Amsterdam Marathon (Oct 16th-18th) weekend. This Hostel is fantastic, and unique in so many ways. The "crack den" as I called it was the chillest place to relax, and laydown while smoking. Great bar service and foods items. Accomidations were clean, and well organized. Bathrooms where great, and the shower room excellent. Wi-Fi in basement dorm was weak, but hey, sometimes these things happen. LOVED IT!

They need to change the mattresses or cover them with a thick cotton bed sheet- makes too much noise while sleeping on them. Whoever decided to get them covered in plasticy material is a genius - makes one feel as one is on a warship or on haystack every time one turns even an inch on the bed

Great hostel. Only slight issue is that the wifi is a bit up and down especially once you get out of the bar area. I would definately stay again though.

• 17th Oct 2013

Billy was very welcoming, and helpful! Going back for sure

• 17th Oct 2013
  • United Arab Emirates

Great location!! The free breakfast is awesome!! Staff are really friendly. Only issue is luggage storage, you have to pay for it. Apart from that it is a good hostel.

Great hostel near Amsterdam Centraa train station. Just minutes away. Great area of Amsterdam too. I've stayed at another hostel in Amsterdam in the noisy red light area in the past and if you're looking for a different vibe or area this is the place for you. I really enjoyed this hostel for the short time i was there. The staff, even the cleaning staff, were incredibly friendly and helpful. the lounge/smoking room is cozy and very chill and comfy. Great breakfast spread too.