Flying Pig Downtown Reviews

Nieuwendijk 100, 1012 MR, Amsterdam, Netherlands

A great place to stay and meet people!

• 5th Jun 2014

What not to love about this hostel? It has everything you need! Great location, staff, people and awesome vibe! Not to mention the free breakfast was amazing!! Highly recommended hostel. Worth every penny.

Hi there, Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know about your stay. It is great to read you loved our hostel and enjoyed the free breakfast :D We hope to see you back one day. Safe travels! Cheers, The Flying Pig

Stay here if you can afford it. Well worth the cost.

• 4th Jun 2014

Hi there, Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know about your stay. It is great to read you loved our hostel :D We hope to see you back some day! Safe travels! Cheers, The Flying Pig

This place is huge which makes it less personable and not as sociable as you'd think. Honestly, consider staying in a smaller hostel in Amsterdam, you'll find it to be much more rewarding.

I absolutely adored my stay here. The staff were amazing and I was able every day to be able to extend my stay even though the Pig may have appeared full, they were always able to accomodate me. The chill-out room was simply out of this world relaxing and I met an incredible number of interesting people here. I shall return one day. I admit to being surprised at how clean everywhere was too. Hats off to Hayden, Stella and everyone who was similarly affable and fun and extraordinarily helpful.

• 2nd Jun 2014
  • Scotland

Hi there, Wow! So many nice compliments! Thank you so much for these amazing rating. We always keep beds available to sell every morning to people who decide to stay a little bit longer. This way you can always extend your stay. We will pass your message on to Hayden, Stella and all our other staff members :D Safe travels and we hope to see you back one day! Cheers, The Flying Pig

I stayed only one night but I liked very much, it has a good atmosphere but not so much if you are a single traveller. The beds were clean and so was the bathroom

Hi there, Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know about your stay. It is great to read you loved our hostel. We hope to see you back one day.. and maybe you will be able to stay a little bit longer ;) Safe travels! Cheers, The Flying Pig

Really great hostel so much fun! the bar was great and the rooms were clean and we met great people. The location was excellent and I would definitely recommend this hostel!!!

• 29th May 2014

Great staff, great lil bar, superb location, ill b back

Great hostel if you're trying to meet people. Staff are super friendly and helpful and it's right across the street from a coffee shop and head shop. Can't beat it.

Wonderful. Perfect place to make friends.

• 29th May 2014

This was my second consecutive year staying at the hostel and it is exactly what you want for meeting fun, youthful travelers. The dj, smoke room, and bar have a great vibe and offer a perfect social setting! In fact, we often preferred to stay in with the other travelers at night rather than go out 'cause the people attracted to this hostel are great! The showers are clean, free spacious locker provided, and breakfast meets the need for cost savings on a trip.

Hi there, Thank you so much for these nice ratings! It is really great to read you again enjoyed your stay with us :D We hope to see you back soon again! Cheers, The Flying Pig

Good hostel, nice staff.

Solid place to stay, fun atmosphere.

The pig mural on the ceiling.... Check it out, dancing and smoking pigs in moving clouds, amazingly trippy. The hostel good too, dungeon not so much. Stairs are steep as Mount Everest. X

expensive, great location, decent staff, great if you like weed, good kebab near by, cool people tend to go, and great vibe at bar. Only thing beside the price was the annoying little fee´s of a euro or two for certain things, most other hostel just provided free of charge. Highly dont reccomend if you are bothered by weed and going to sleep late.

This hostel is definitely a party in itself. The staff was very helpful and had great suggestions on food and nontourist locations to see. Definitely would stay here again!

If you can, stay here when visiting Amsterdam. Wifi good. Smoke room is a great place to meet people. This was the most social hostel I've been to in Europe.

the bar in the hostel itself is really nice

• 24th May 2014

Extremely expensive rooms 5m from the extremely noisy bar.

I love this hostel! The stuff were awesome, so helpful and kind! The atmospher was also really really nice! It was clean, safe and the rules didn't bother me at all. Huge kitchen with everything you need, the location was perfect and the rooms were good. If you will stay in the best hostel, stay here!