Flying Pig Downtown Reviews

Nieuwendijk 100, 1012 MR, Amsterdam, Netherlands

This hostel is amazing!! The staff was friendly, great location, the showers and kitchen facilities were both well kept. I stayed in a 32 person room, and it was never overly loud. Plus the atmosphere was awesome, very lively and welcoming.

I had a really great time a the flying pig, it was in a really busy part of the city but I still felt very safe there. Even though it has a reputation for being a bit of a party hostel everyone was really respectful and I had an amazing time. The location was awesome, only about 5 mins from central station which is great if you have a lot of luggage to carry! It was close to lots of head shops and the red light district, and it only took about 15 mins to walk uptown to all the museums!

Top Notch hostel. It would be hard to be bad in such an awe-inspiring city, but this hostel did not disappoint. Shout out to Rafael at the desk for fantastic recommendations and a professional attitude. Shout out to Charlie at the bar for wonderful service and some dance moments. This place truly attracts a great crowd and I will definitely consider staying here again.

Excellent location, the staff is really friendly.. Localization is perfect!

• 29th Apr 2014

Best hostel! Great staff, friendly environment, always very clean! And they have an on site bar and smoking lounge! What could be better?! I was a young female traveling alone and I felt totally safe at the flying pig

The location was perfect and they had everything I needed for my stay. The people were friendly and the breakfast was decent. Would definitely stay there again!

Great hostel. Would stay here again in the future. Great place to meet people and the staff is full of fun information! I wish breakfast was more than toast and cereal but that was fine, work out ok. I was traveling alone and I met people by just hanging out in the bar area, although the music was a bit loud for conversations sometimes. Great place!

Ok, but expensive like all hostels in Amsterdam.

Great experience, will defiantly look to stay again.

• 26th Apr 2014

Great hostel, definitely the place to stay in Amsterdam and free breakfast is always a plus

Great Hostel - Staff were all helpful and friendly. Great location to access the various sites of Amsterdam. Nice and reasonably priced Bar. Would stay here again, no problem!

Very friendly and fun atmosphere and location is perfect, just a small walk from Dam Square and Red Light District. Also staff is very helpful and friendly. Great value money.

Really enjoyed my stay here. Great location, just a couple of minutes walk from central station. Staff were really friendly and the atmosphere was everything you'd hope for in an Amsterdam hostel. I'd stay here again. Great place to meet other travellers.

Location was great. However, the wifi was down the entire time I was there, and the staff wasn't too helpful or eager to fix it.

Hi there, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! It is great to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. Unfortunately our internet has been down for 24 hours during your stay. Our internet provider was experiencing some troubles that was out of our control. Luckily it is all fixed now. Next time you will be staying with us, we will have internet throughout the entire building :D Hope to see you back some day! Happy travels

This hostel is amazing. 3rd time I stayed there. Nice staff, Hoegaarden on tap at the reception, comfy pillow room. Located right in downtown. Showers are ok. Rooms, in overall, are dirty, always full of dirty assholes bad-educated kids who goes to amsterdam to party and are freaking dirty pigs that don't care at all about hygiene. Haven't seen bed bugs, though. Breakfast is a little poor.

The hostel is located very conveniently close to the Amsterdam Centraal Station and Dam Square. The hostel has decent facilities and it is clean. However, since we booked for the days close to the King's Day, it was not very cheap. But overall I would recommend the hostel mainly for its location.

The staff was friendly and helpful, the facilities were clean and neat. The bar in the lobby was very pleasant, and though it was a bit loud at night, I slept well and I felt safe. I appreciated the designating smoking room (to smoke whatever you like to smoke), which kept people from smoking everywhere else. Plus, it was easy to find and perfectly located very close to Centraal Station, in the heart of downtown. The included breakfast was great quality too! I highly recommend this hostel.

This is a great hostel especially to meet people, the bar is really cool and plays some great music very chilled during the day and at night gets a bit more rowdy. Over all had an awesome stay and met some great friends would 100% stay there again.

Great smoking room and all-around great vibe

The only issue I had was that my bed was right next to a window that did not seal completely when closed so during the night there was a slight breeze coming through which was terribly cold.