Flying Pig Downtown Reviews

Nieuwendijk 100, 1012 MR, Amsterdam, Netherlands

nice staff, free locker storage, cage was too small for medium luggage to lock, room floor creaking, bed creaking, bed is small and cramp, if you're about 1.7m , this bed will be a little cramp for you, good location, really central, simple continental breakfast was good, free storage after check out is good. Will still stay here if I come back though.

This is one of the best hostels I've ever stayed in. It's clean and everyone- the staff and the people staying there, were so friendly. The hostel bar and smoking room are really fun and are a great place to meet people from all over. Also, they have the best free breakfast I've ever had. That chocolate spread for the toast is amazing. I wish I could have brought some home with me!

Really enjoyed our stay. Nice staff and excellent location.

Great hostel, nice staff. Keep it up!

Amazing place one of the best places I've been in Europe, hardly recommended

The Flying Pig was such a fun hostel... from the decor to the staff. Everyone was friendly and very helpful. It was very clean and I had no complaints!

• 20th Mar 2014

It was a pleasant stay in the hostel, it is in a really good location, 2 blocks from Amsterdam Centraal Station and close to all the places you would like to visit during your stay in Amsterdam. Room was fine, receptionist guys were nice, bar is really cool, if I have to complain about something is that rooms do not have wi fi. However, I would recommend this hostel.

Good location. Best kitchen i have been to and shower room, Best common arias, while other hostel in Amsterdam usually don't have common room. This place has a pub, smoking room, and more quiet common room with TV DVD, where people can chill out, atmosphere great and good breakfast.

This place is amazing, the staff was great from the second I arrived and made it easy to get settled even though the place was incredibly crowded. The guests were all really great, traveling alone I was able to find people to hang out with every night. The breakfast is basic but it works, and having the bar downstairs is a bonus that was really nice. The weekends do get expensive but that is to be expected.

the hostel is great and the bar and smoking room had an excellent atmosphere.also great location and within walking distance of all the major attractions, as a solo traveller I met so many new friends here I will defo be back in the near future.if you are staying in amsterdam stay here awesome place.

Very good hostel. fantastic location!

very central location close to everything you could want. Rooms were nice enough and the bar was great. The staff were friendly and helpful. A party hostel for sure, which was good, apart form people sleeping in the rooms at all hours. Would recommend if staying in Amsterdam as it really gives you a good feel for the city.

Booked Flying Pig Downtown on a friend's recommendation and were not disappointed. Excellent location and lovely hostel. Free breakfast was a nice bonus!

• 11th Mar 2014
  • Scotland

A great hostel that is so close to heart of the city. The staff were great, the hostel itself was clean and comfortable, the only drudge I had was with a broken shower that kept pouring with water when trying to sleep (room 107) but that was the only issue. Would defo stay here again.

Location is perfect, the showers were super clean and had hot water all day, and the bar was always very populated. This was probably the most welcoming and fun hostel I stayed in during my 6-city trip. The rooms themselves were not always the cleanest, but I believe that is the fault of the other travelers (who also made it a little hard to sleep, but I knew this was a "party hostel" so I expected that. The breakfast was really good, too.

The staff at the Flying Pig was awesome and we had a great time! The people who've decided to stay there are open-minded and cheerful, so it's easy to get to know people. Plus, no one minded that we listened to loud Finnish music in the corridor during the night since people in our room were sleeping and we couldn't do it over there ;) (instead, some dudes joined us). The rooms were pretty average.

• 5th Mar 2014
  • Finland

This is the place you want to go if you want to party, just the establishment by itself have a very nice ambiance and a great chill room, a smoking room too, you meet a lot people. Also if you want to save money on food there is a very nice kitchen.

In honor to the truth, it has an amazing kitchen where you'll find everything . The bar is nice & cheap. Facilities such as bunk beds, showers and toilettes are cleaned often, no regrets there. But, there are mice (yes! plural of mouse) which I pointed to a staff member, he just smiled and said he was sorry! Also not all the staff is friendly, a girl in the frontdesk got bitter because I used a laptop more than 30 min, all sour-faced asked me if I 't read the 30 min sign, obviously I didn't.

Hi there, Thank you very much for your feedback. We are sorry to hear you've seen some mice, we take this problem very serious. Amsterdam has very old buildings and we try to keep it mice free at all cost. We will have pest control look into this straight away and avoid further problems. To find out more about your room and experience, we will contact you personally by email. Hopefully you enjoyed your stay in Amsterdam. Safe travels

This is a great hostel. Easy to find, lovely staff, close to everything. Good free breakfast, good showers, the water was always hot, cheap drinks at the bar and really comfy coaches in the smoking room :)

This was a good hostel, good location if you want to be near Dam Square. I'd recommend for solo or groups. Easy atmosphere.