Flying Pig Downtown Reviews

Nieuwendijk 100, 1012 MR, Amsterdam, Netherlands

We were put in a basement room. It was a million degrees and the window didn't open, and it was extremely dirty in our room. When we got to our beds, someone had taken our locker and we were forced to keep all our belongings in lockers upstairs, which was very inconvenient. We left after one night of not sleeping...worst hostel I've ever stayed at.

Hi there, Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are so sorry to read you did not enjoy your stay and you check-out early. All our rooms have windows that can be opened. We will have our maintenance team look into it straight away. Thank you for mentioning this. Again, we are so sorry to read you did not enjoy your stay. We will contact you personally to find out more about your stay. Safe travels, The Flying Pig staff

The staff are beyond excellent, the atmosphere is beyond excellent! This place is a little diamond and if you're considering a stay in Amsterdam then you should certainly consider staying here! The communal area downstairs takes the place from a great hostel to an incredible one! I travelled with 4 others and we all felt exactly the same about the place! Intently perfect!

• 8th May 2014

Hi there, Thank you so much for your review! It is absolutely great to read you and your friends enjoyed your stay with us :D We will pass your message on to our staff members as well. Hope to see you back some day! Happy travels!

This hostel for teenage like enjoy the party because the around reception counter can drinking and have music on night time. The room have garbage from the teenage guest throw on the floor. Hostel should have notice to keep clean in the hostel.

Hi there, Thank you so much for leaving us a review. We always try to learn from all our travelers experiences. We try to keep the hostel cleaned as often as possible. Our cleaning team cleans all the rooms every morning and in the evening we have a extra person checking all the rooms. We are sorry the room was not cleaned again in the evening. We will talk to our staff and see what went wrong. We hope to see you back again and thanks again for the review. Happy travels

This place is so awesome. Plan a long stay in Amsterdam and STAY HERE. So social, perfect for meeting new people but also really clean and comfy for sleeping. Good amount of bathrooms and showers, HUGE kitchen and downstairs hangout area. Staff is helpful. If you don't stay here you will regret it. 10/10!

Wauw! Thank you so much for leaving us such a great review! It makes us very happy to read you and your friends enjoyed your stay with us. We will pass your message on to our staff members ;) Thanks again and we hope to see you and your friends back one day. Happy travels!

Great Hostel if you are on the "Amsterdam Mood", meaning partying, coffee shops, etc. Very close from Central Station, Dam Plaza and Red light District, it has it's own bar and smoking place. Wouldn't recommend it for people that is looking for a more quiet enviroment.

When I arrived at the hostel and entered the room I was assigned to, there was someone sprawled out on the bed that was assigned to me, and there were four people crushed into the bunk on top of mine, all of whom were drinking beer and wreaked of alcohol, sweat, and smoke. There were beer cans on the floor next to my bed, and the window opened right onto the patio where people were smoking. I ended up leaving and finding another place to stay.

Hi there, Thank you for leaving us a review. We are very sorry to hear that you left the hostel early to find another place to stay. We will contact you personally to find out what happened and learn more about your experience. Hopefully you still enjoyed Amsterdam. Safe travels

Nice location, great if you're a partier. Double bed dorm was nice since we were a couple. Good facilities. They had all the things you would want in an Amsterdam hostel - games, food, smoking room, bar, DVDs, etc.

Good hostel in a great location. All staff had excellent English. Great value for money.

• 5th May 2014

It is definitively a party hostel. De bar is almost always full and the atmosphere is very good (for those who want party).

Nice place, bit noisy at night but they provide free earplugs! No wifi on third floor in the rooms and you have to provide own padlock to keep things like passport safe. Good kitchen. Nice smoke room and social areas. Would stay again!

Hi there, Great to see you left us a message on our review page. Thank you for that! It is very nice to read that you enjoyed your stay. We are working very hard to get the WIFI working throughout the entire hostel, so hopefully this will be all working when you stay with us again in the future. We are sorry to read our reception did not inform you about our free reception safe where we store valuables like passports. Hope to see you back soon. Happy travels

Good hostel. A party place! Wouldn't recommend staying in the big dorms, a lot of noise. Not good for families. But all around a more than okay experience. Perfect if you are a tolerant person who likes to party!

I think one of the biggest problems what how far were the toilets to the dorm rooms. Overall a very good place to stay.

Overall a cool place to come back and chill after wandering around...the smoking room is the place to be to meet others from around the world...the mattresses were horrible, so pay for two and stack em up I guess..lolol very spacious lockers under the beds so everything can fit...for the best coffee shop, head west to Siberië..more locals, great coffee, even better quality green for less money than any other place I went..all in all I'd stay there again..don't ask me about breakfast..I slept in!

This hostel is amazing!! The staff was friendly, great location, the showers and kitchen facilities were both well kept. I stayed in a 32 person room, and it was never overly loud. Plus the atmosphere was awesome, very lively and welcoming.

I had a really great time a the flying pig, it was in a really busy part of the city but I still felt very safe there. Even though it has a reputation for being a bit of a party hostel everyone was really respectful and I had an amazing time. The location was awesome, only about 5 mins from central station which is great if you have a lot of luggage to carry! It was close to lots of head shops and the red light district, and it only took about 15 mins to walk uptown to all the museums!

Top Notch hostel. It would be hard to be bad in such an awe-inspiring city, but this hostel did not disappoint. Shout out to Rafael at the desk for fantastic recommendations and a professional attitude. Shout out to Charlie at the bar for wonderful service and some dance moments. This place truly attracts a great crowd and I will definitely consider staying here again.

Excellent location, the staff is really friendly.. Localization is perfect!

• 29th Apr 2014

Best hostel! Great staff, friendly environment, always very clean! And they have an on site bar and smoking lounge! What could be better?! I was a young female traveling alone and I felt totally safe at the flying pig

The location was perfect and they had everything I needed for my stay. The people were friendly and the breakfast was decent. Would definitely stay there again!

Great hostel. Would stay here again in the future. Great place to meet people and the staff is full of fun information! I wish breakfast was more than toast and cereal but that was fine, work out ok. I was traveling alone and I met people by just hanging out in the bar area, although the music was a bit loud for conversations sometimes. Great place!