Flying Pig Uptown Reviews

Vossiusstraat 46, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Room was air con which was a great! Very steep stairs but manageable. Very accommodating when I needed a bottom bunk due to a injury. Unfortunately floor was wet (carpeted) and didn't dry out before I left.

Pleasant stay however considering it was the most expensive place we stayed during our time in Europe it would have been nice if the bathroom facilities were a little bigger! Also no elevator was a bit of a hassle considering my sister had a torn acl at the time.

Cool hostel, friendly staff, good vibes, good times! Zoe is a cutie

The staff were helpful and really nice! I wasn't impressed with the cleanliness of my room though. I also think that smoking should be more regulated as people were smoking joints in my room constantly even though there is a smoking room available down stairs.

Great place! Awesome location right next to Vondelpark, great staff, cool funky atmosphere. Great bar area with smoking room. Clean rooms and beds, good bathrooms, lockers under the beds and also available in the halls for in-between checkin and checkout. Only stayed for one night, but seemed like it would be a good place to meet people if travelling solo. Definitely recommend!

Shower was good, toilets were extremely tiny. I loved the vibe, but the bar can be dead compared to the smoking room. We stayed on the top floor, which got extremely hot. Thankfully they gave us a fan for the last night which helped. The stairs can be tough -- try to get a room on the lower floors. I had a great time there though.

• 8th Jul 2014

Very nice place to stay, staff very friendly and helpful, really nice location away from the loud parts of Amsterdam. Being on top on the beautiful Vondelpark is a bonus! Would recommend to anyone!

• 8th Jul 2014

This was definitely one of the best hostels I stayed in! The social atmosphere is what makes it amazing. The bar and smoking room are always full with young people having a good time. The room was clean, has lockers under the beds, and there are enough showers so you will never have to wait. Great location- not right in the core but close enough-- and the uptown neighbourhood is full of restaurants and parks so you won't feel remote from the city center. Staff was friendly too!

Great complementary breakfast. Staff is unbelievably helpful. Even though the AC was on, the room was too warm even though it was at the lowest temperature.

It was loud at night in my room, but there isn't much the staff can do about that. Staff were friendly and helpful, breakfast was kindly kept out past 11:00. A great hostel

• 26th Jun 2014

Hi, thank you for your review. Our night receptionists do regular hostel checks to try and ensure people aren't creating too much noise inside rooms during the later hours. We hope the noise did not affect your stay and that you decide to visit us again. - The Flying Pig Uptown

We only stayed here one night, but we arrived in the morning towards the end of breakfast and the staff kindly allowed us to eat breakfast prior to our checking in. Everyone was really friendly and nice and it's a great place to meet people! We stayed in a six person mixed dorm room, and it was totally fine. If you are staying here and want to save money, make sure to bring a lock for the lockers under the beds, as that's really the only place to store your goodies!

A great hostel with a fun atmosphere. The room and ensuite bathroom were clean, the bed was very comfortable and the room was quite and secure. Breakfast was good with a few options and the location was close to a tram station or walking distance from most of the main areas.

• 23rd Jun 2014

Thank you for the great review! We hope you come and stay with us again soon. - The Flying Pig Uptown

i very much enjoyed my stay at the hostel, esp the night i was tripping. lol

• 21st Jun 2014

Sort of away from the center compared to the other flying pig. There's a smoking room and you can start your party there, good happy hour as well.

Awesome location near to local bars, coffee shops, and restaurants as well as tourist sites like the Heineken Brewery. Staff was very knowledgeable, fun, and willing to help. Smoke room and bar in the lounge were always full of other travelers, so was very easy to meet other people. Only problem was the stairs were like the ones in the Exorcist aka extremely steep and precarious, especially with bags. The elderly and weak, beware.

Hi, thanks for your review. As we have very traditional Dutch architecture we are unable to accommodate an elevator, but hope this didn't negatively affect your stay too much. We hope to see you again soon! - The Flying Pig Uptown

This was the 2nd hostel I stayed at in Amsterdam. For roughly the same price, this hostel was much better value. It has a great atmosphere and the staff are very friendly. The kitchen was well equipped, good breakfast and lockers under the bed. It is right next to Vondelpark and close enough to all the shops you'll need (supermarkets, restaurants/ bars, ATMs etc.). I would definitely recommend it, especially if you want to meet new people.

That is one of the best hostels i have ever been!!

Thank you for the great review, hopefully we will see you again soon! - The Flying Pig Uptown

I had a great stay at Hostel Mango. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Especially one of the reception girls by the name of Zoe. She was very informative and was wiling to do extra research to help me out. A big thank you to her!!! The location of the hostel is ideal as it is close to public transport. Breakfast was pretty good as well; it was much nicer and healthier than what you would get in a hotel!!! The next time I am in Amsterdam, I will definitely stay at Hostel Mango again.

Hi, thanks for your review, though it appears that you have our name confused with a hostel in Prague! Names aside we are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Flying Pig Uptown and look forward to seeing you again soon. - The Flying Pig Uptown

I was really sick for most of my stay in Amsterdam, so spent a lot of time in the hostel. Rooms were spacious, beds comfy, bar seemed fun, sweet leafy green window views over the adjacent park and a huge team of diligent staff cleaning the place constantly. Great location too, I just wish I was well enough to enjoy the city more.

Extremely pleased with my stay at this hostel. The staff is what made my stay so enjoyable, and everything else about the hostel topped it of as well. If you're young and a lone traveller this is the place to be.

• 10th Jun 2014