Flying Pig Uptown Reviews

Vossiusstraat 46, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Room and bathroom were very small but the basement had a bar that was fairly lively all the time. Staff were very helpful and knowledgeable about the city and things to do. Only downside was the location - not very close to the city centre or to the train station.

• 14th Aug 2014

Very limited bathroom and shower facilities. Too many people allocated to amount of bathrooms. Very expensive for the service received.

Great location , clean, fun, 24 hour smoking room, keep your bags in the lockers even after you have left! thye keep your important belongings behind the desk for free, they let us stay in the bar/ smoking room all night when we had no where to stay. Free breakfast, a nice one too! Stayed in two different rooms, both clean, one had a private bathroom/shower, great atmosphere, wanted to stay for longer but they were fully booked. Staff could not have been nicer, polite, friendly. Loved it here!

Lots and lots of stairs to get to your room and bar. Staff were friendly. Opposite a nice park to picnic in and walk around. Had to catch the tram into city centre. We stayed in an 8 bed dorm and it was quite expensive (about 35euro per person per night ).

so many steep stairs. no elevator. made us change rooms three times due to renovations. long walk to red light district, but very close to rijksmuseum/van gogh museum. close to lots of nightlife.

I went with my student daughter we were able to walk everywhere, staff helpful with directions and map provided, rooms and sheets clean and towels provided only drawback is lots of narrow stairs up to the entrance down to reception and then up to our twin room it's good for a workout luckily we live in a flat on third floor with no lift at home! Not a good idea to share a suitcase as it was hard getting it up to our hostel room .would stay here again with rucksacks ☺

• 24th Jul 2014

Wonderful place to stay! Easy walk from Centraal Station to the hostel, close to major attractions, and right across the street from Vondelpark. Helpful and friendly staff! Air-conditioning! Fast wi-fi throughout the building.

Facilities were small, but still usable. In the uptown area next to console park which is a good location. Pretty good place to stay

Room was air con which was a great! Very steep stairs but manageable. Very accommodating when I needed a bottom bunk due to a injury. Unfortunately floor was wet (carpeted) and didn't dry out before I left.

Good rooms and beds. Air con was amazing. I was on the ground floor but others on different floors hated the stairs. Really narrow and steep. Breakfast was OK. Bar and smoke area nice. Location great being next to Vondelpark.

Pleasant stay however considering it was the most expensive place we stayed during our time in Europe it would have been nice if the bathroom facilities were a little bigger! Also no elevator was a bit of a hassle considering my sister had a torn acl at the time.

Very good hostel! Location is great, 2 min walk from rijk and van gogh museum. Canal tour is like 5 min walk. My only problem was that there is no lift. I did not expect to go 5 stories above, thank god I had two small bags. Atmosphere in the common/smoking room was excellent. Next time I will ask for rooms in the lower floor.

Cool hostel, friendly staff, good vibes, good times! Zoe is a cutie

The staff were helpful and really nice! I wasn't impressed with the cleanliness of my room though. I also think that smoking should be more regulated as people were smoking joints in my room constantly even though there is a smoking room available down stairs.

Great place! Awesome location right next to Vondelpark, great staff, cool funky atmosphere. Great bar area with smoking room. Clean rooms and beds, good bathrooms, lockers under the beds and also available in the halls for in-between checkin and checkout. Only stayed for one night, but seemed like it would be a good place to meet people if travelling solo. Definitely recommend!

Shower was good, toilets were extremely tiny. I loved the vibe, but the bar can be dead compared to the smoking room. We stayed on the top floor, which got extremely hot. Thankfully they gave us a fan for the last night which helped. The stairs can be tough -- try to get a room on the lower floors. I had a great time there though.

Very nice place to stay, staff very friendly and helpful, really nice location away from the loud parts of Amsterdam. Being on top on the beautiful Vondelpark is a bonus! Would recommend to anyone!

• 8th Jul 2014

Located right next to the beautiful park, and also a short tram ride to the centre of town. However, unless you're into smoking up, you're going to have a tough time meeting people. The common room is tiny, and I found that people we're happy to be in their small smoking circles and to not talk to others. The pub crawl is amazing.

This was definitely one of the best hostels I stayed in! The social atmosphere is what makes it amazing. The bar and smoking room are always full with young people having a good time. The room was clean, has lockers under the beds, and there are enough showers so you will never have to wait. Great location- not right in the core but close enough-- and the uptown neighbourhood is full of restaurants and parks so you won't feel remote from the city center. Staff was friendly too!

Great complementary breakfast. Staff is unbelievably helpful. Even though the AC was on, the room was too warm even though it was at the lowest temperature.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6