Flying Pig Uptown Reviews

Vossiusstraat 46, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Great all around hostel. Only thing missing is a pool table.

• 17th Dec 2014

Lovely people! I lost things and the staff found them. I got very stoned and the staff handed me some orange juice. Honestly, such a good vibe - genuine people, nice bar, good location - you're in for a win.

Friendly staff and good location with museums being very close and walkable. As a solo traveler it was harder to meet people that I expected after reading reviews at this hostel but, it may just be the weekend I visited. Lots of stairs to get to rooms and they are steep, so keep that in mind when packing. Rooms were cleaned daily and maintained nicely. Loud hostel and sound travels easily so if you are a light sleeper keep that in mind. My stay here was fair, not that best or worst.

Excellent hostel ! My favourite so far. It was very clean, walking distance to a lot of attractions. Staff was very nice. I would definitely go back next time I'm in Amsterdam

• 9th Dec 2014

Hi there, Thank you so much for your kind words! It's great to hear you enjoyed your stay with us :) Hopefully we will see you again soon! Cheers, The Flying Pig Uptown

Last time we were in Amsterdam we stayed at Van Gough Hostel. Uptown Flying Pig is much better. The atmosphere was really good for Europe in winter. The location is also very central. Definitely recommend.

For starters on check in the girl that checked us in no smile no Hello just glared at me, due to the music being so loud she asked for my passport, I asked her to repeat, she didn't bother raising her voice in the slightest for me and again I needed her to repeat if looks could kill I'd be 6ft under. The room was horrible Mario Kart style I feel like my €232 was wasted as the room was tiny no view, bfast just cereal what did I pay all that money for I'm glad I checked out early. Other staff wereNice

• 1st Dec 2014
  • Scotland

Hi there, Thank you very much for you review. We can learn a lot from it for the future, so we really appreciate it you took the time to fill this out. We are very sorry to read though, your stay with us was not as expected and you even checked out earlier! We will contact you personally to find out more about what happened. Thanks again for your time! Cheers, The Flying Pig Uptown

Great breakfast, location and atmosphere. However management and staff are a huge problem for this hostel. While there they double booked beds in the dorm 4 nights out of 5. Then move the person that was there first as they checked in the last person and didn't want to admit they screwed up. Staff complaining about other staff being sick and staff pulling sickies. Also had items stolen. And room was freezing.

Excellent hostel. the staff are great and always happy to help. the location of the hostel is really good, just in front of the vondelpark and minutes away walking from the famous leidseplein area. Moreover, 2 min walk from the tram station. I would recommend it for anyone, really felt like home.

a really cool hostel with good facilities, a good lounge space (with smoking area!) and some great tunes.

• 28th Nov 2014

Better than a lot of hotels I've stayed at! The perfect place to stay in Amsterdam. Laid back atmosphere and super clean! Everything you need :-)

• 27th Nov 2014

Flng pig came highly recommended to me and lived up my expectations. Ive been to amsterdam before and this place blows al the others out of the water. Best hostel in amsterdam!

Much better than expected. Even though I'd read good reviews I wanted to see for myself. The bar, wifi, smoking room and free breakfast were brilliant additions.

• 24th Nov 2014
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Really enjoyed my stay. Will go there again

Fun hostel. A bit far from the center but it's a nice 30 min walk from Leidesplein which is a nice area for clubs and bars. Close to Rijk and Van Gogh museum only 3-5 mins walk. If you get to the central and need help, free restroom, or water, Flying Pig downtown is also willing to help u though u stay in Uptown! Staffs are friendly. Only thing that annoy me was on my 1st day, there was no where to leave my suitcase as I can't check in till 10.30. Note that this hostel has steep stairs!!

Party hostel, with clean beds, spacious dorms. Easy to meet up with people. I believe the smoking room is being used as a secondary coffeeshop. Strong weed smell everytime I passed by.

Hi there, Thanks a lot for your great feedback! We are very happy to see you enjoyed your stay with us :) Our guests are indeed allowed to smoke weed in the smoking room, but we do not sell any. All other drugs are strictly forbidden though! Thanks again for your time to fill this out and hopefully we will see you again soon! Cheers, The Flying Pig Uptown

Dani's a chiller 🍻🍻

• 19th Nov 2014

Everything about this hostel was amazing! Was my last hostel for my Europe trip and it was definitely one of the best... Staff were so helpful... Rooms were nice Good location, So close to everything... Breakfast was goooood Such a chilled happy atmosphere.

Hi! Thank you very much for your great feedback :) We are very happy you had such a good time with us. Hopefully we will see you again soon! Cheers, The Flying Pig Uptown

DONT STAY HERE. Well besides having two items stolen which was the first time for me after five months of traveling. There was really good staff and there were several staff that were very rude, they had an attitude, they had set up there and if you weren't in there little group they eye balled you. When I let a member of staff know my 200 dollar speaker was stolen he didn't really do anything about it. It has a terrible vibe and too expensive for what you get, especially your stuff stolen.

Hi there, Thank you very much for your review. We are sorry to read your stay with us was not what you expected and that your stuff got stolen! :( We contacted your personnally to find out more about what happened. We will talk to our staff as well to let them know about your experience with some of them. We always try to make everybody's stay as fun and comfortable as possible, so we can learn a lot from this! Thanks again for your time!

I had the best time ever at the pig. All the staff were so friendly and accommodating, the whole place was clean, the bar and smoking room are fun and always busy with staff and guests. I would never stay anywhere else!

Hi there, Thanks you so much for your kind words :) It's great to read you enjoyed your stay with us! Hopefully we will see you again soon. Safe travels, The Flying Pig Uptown

Very friendly staff, amazing atmosphere, excellent included breakfasts, perfect location (all bars, restaurants, coffeeshops are in 10 min walk) + Museums (Van Gogh, Rijskmuseum, Stedelijk Museum and Heineken Experience) ! I definitely recommend Flying Pig Uptown for travellers, who are looking for true Value for Money and comfortable staying :) Next trip to Amsterdam I'll stay in Flying Pig Uptown for sure

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6