Flying Pig Uptown Reviews

Vossiusstraat 46, Amsterdam, Netherlands

I loved this hostel!!! The staff were friendly and very helpful it was clean and secure and I would definitely recommend!

There are a lot of shallow step stairs! We were on level 4! But great, friendly hostel, easy to meet other travellers . Good free breakfast

The staff was super friendly and they were always cleaning the rooms and showers and toilets and willing to help with whatever one needed. The locker systems is very good for security, but it can get a little crowded around the lockers, because the space in front of them is a little tight. The location is about a 30 minute walk from the real party areas of Amsterdam...but Vondel park is right next to this hostel, and it is amazing. It is a more laid back hostel than the Downtown Flying Pig.

A lot of fun !

• 4th Jul 2013

Couldn't expect anything better out of a hostel

Stay here if you want to be the center of restaurants and clubbing. For coffeehouses and red light district, stay downtown.

Flying Pig was a really nice hostel, but I have to say I've been to nicer ones that were cheaper. However the staff were friendly and there was a great atmosphere down in the bar area.

Good atmosphere, though try not to get trapped in the smoking room, it sucks you in. A little further from the main attraction though next to Vondelpark and Leidesplein, so no real complaints. The staff are nice enough, and helpful enough, but they tend to band together and hang out smoking all the time, which can be intimidating or irritating for people travelling alone trying to meet other travelers. Then again, I spent a great night hanging out with them. Good hostel for a laid back vibe.

We stayed for three days, this hostel was a really good location to get to the main tourist attractions and located in a really nice part of town. The staff were very friendly and it had a very good atmosphere. The 8 bed dorm was a little tight foe 8 people, but they had plenty of showers which were always clean.

Had an awesome stay here it has a great bar and the location is really good!

A great hostel, nice bar and friendly staff. Location may not be excellent, but still good. Nothing to complain about, perhaps some minor things with cleanliness, but that doesn't matter overall. I have some nice memories from this hostel.

DO SOMETHING ABOUT THE STAIRS

Loved the atmosphere in the hostel! It was so great.

• 23rd Jun 2013
  • Norway

Wi-Fi only in lobby. Don't do the pub crawl, it's not worth it - it sucked. Smoking room was cool (and actually separated by walls and doors so you wouldn't get smoke in your face in the bar). They don't have a luggage room so if you arrive early or want to leave after you check out, you either pay for a locker or leave it in the lobby. The locker for reg bunk beds were cages (possibility of people pulling your things out) and the ones for the double bunks were too small to fit our bags.

Hi there, thanks a lot for your feedback. We can learn a lot from your experiences so we really appreciate you took the time to fill this out. We have WiFi throughout the whole building! I'm sorry to hear you did not liked our lockers, we also have a free safe to store any valuables, we hope you got told to use it! Thanks again for your review! Cheers, The Flying Pig

The staff was great, friendly and helpful. The bar downstairs was always on the go, playing good music. Definitely come here if you are looking to meet other travelers! There's a kitchen you can use, and the wifi works well. You can even drink your own booze at the bar. There's lockers in your room, and also when you check out theres lockers on one of the floors so you can safely stash your stuff. There is no elevator, so you have to lug all your stuff up the stairs. There's a smoking room too!

• 23rd Jun 2013

Good place but I could do without all the stairs!

Had a great time, should try both pub crawls!

Absolutely loved it here. Best hostel I stayed at in Europe so far.

• 20th Jun 2013

My friends and I had a wonderful 5 night stay at the Flying Pig Uptown. The atmosphere in the bar and smoking area were great and it was lovely being able to chat to people from all over the world. The WiFi was a little slow and the showers on the 4th floor could be slightly unpredictable, but in my opinion that was all part of the charm and was in no way detrimental to the quality of our stay. Thanks so much to all the staff for making our visit so much fun - I definitely plan on returning!

• 20th Jun 2013
  • Scotland

Room 36 was extremely stuffy and I understand that it didnt have some things other rooms had (i.e. lights for beds, outlets, two working windows)

Hi there, Thank you very much for your feedback. We can learn a lot from your experience with us! I'm very sorry to hear you found one of our rooms not up to standards. Thanks for your comments, we will have a look and fix the window and get some bed lights and outlets in there! Cheers, The Flying Pig Uptown