Flying Pig Uptown Reviews

Vossiusstraat 46, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Definitely a party hostel. Rooms are big, a little bit of a walk to the city center. Kitchen in the property is tiny. And you have to go sit in the bar to eat after which is also tiny usually full. If going for a bed good stay. Just always from the train station.

Great stay, I was pleasent surprised. Great vibe. Really felt like an International place to stay in Amsterdam

• 14th Oct 2013

Thanks for your awesome review, come back and visit us again soon! - The Flying Pig Uptown

Awesome hostel. Staff are great, location is fantastic, great relaxed vibe, great atmosphere.

This is a great hostel. Especially for the prices in Amsterdam. The wifi doesn't extend to the rooms like advertised though. Excellent vibe though in the bar and smoking area and the staff are very helpful. If I go back i'll definitely stay here again.

• 13th Oct 2013

Hi, thanks for your feedback! We are sorry that the wifi wasn't working correctly at that time but we run a daily check and have no problems at the moment. We hope you come back to visit again soon! Cheers - The Flying Pig Uptown

This is a well located and clean hostel. It has a small kitchen for use (except for one night per week). Breakfast is good - toast, eggs, oranges, cereal, juice, tea and coffee. HOWEVER: this is for party-people only. Do not stay here if you want even a moment of peace. There is only one small common area and it is packed and dark and plays loud music next to the smoking room. Our dorm had horrible Australians in it who drank and ate all night in the room. Have to pay to store luggage.

Hi there, thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear that the other guests who shared your dorm disturbed your stay and hope it doesn't stop you coming back for a return visit. We have a policy of no eating or drinking in dorm rooms but sometimes less respectful guests break our rules. Apologies for any inconvenience this caused. Thanks - The Flying Pig Uptown

2nd time at the Flying pig and wont be my last! Would not recommend anywhere else to stay in Amsterdam!! Love the place!!!

• 11th Oct 2013
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Thanks for the awesome review! Good to know it wont be your last visit, see you next time. Cheers - The Flying Pig Uptown

You guys have the world's most friendly staff! Thanks for making it such an enjoyable stay.

• 9th Oct 2013

Thanks for your comments! We look forward to seeing you again soon :) Cheers - The Flying Pig Uptown

All was great apart from the stairs, very steep and narrow and i was on the 4th floor, carrying 25kg of luggage up there was no fun but the rooms were nice and clean, had wifi, the showers were average.

I did enjoy my stay here quite a bit. The people were fantastic. The only suggestion I would have is to maybe include a lounge that isn't the bar or the smoking room for people who just want to chill every now and then but still socialize. I also thought the price for drinks was far too high.

• 6th Oct 2013

Great hostel! Awesome environment, friendly staff. Installing a lift would be good though, those stairs are back breaking with your bags. Would definitely recommend and stay again.

• 6th Oct 2013

Thank you for your comments, we hope you come and stay with us again soon! - Cheers, The Flying Pig Uptown

Friendly staff who were always helpful. Lots of stairs but otherwise good facilities and great atmosphere.

• 4th Oct 2013

Thank you for the awesome review. We hope you come and stay with us again soon! - Cheers, The Flying Pig Uptown

VERY chill staff and great location right next to Vondelpark. Different energy than the Dam Square crowd

Thanks for great review! Come back and see us again soon. - Cheers, The Flying Pig Uptown

Loved this hostel! The staff made it! All so lovely and so helpful. I lost my phone and my wallet while I was here, obviously very upset. The guys at the desk were so great. They lent me there computer, allowed me to make phone calls, one even bought me over some cake when I was getting really upset over it all! Haha absolute legends Would recommend to anyone A :)

Hi there, thanks for the awesome review! We're glad that you enjoyed staying with us and hope that you were able to finish your travels without too many problems because of your wallet! We look forward to seeing you again. - The Flying Pig Uptown

The best hostel me and my friend stayd at for our hole month backpacking europ, great and helpfull staff and almost an Hotel like breakfast. Would realy recomend!

Thanks for the great review! We're happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and hope you will stay with us again soon. :) - The Flying Pig Uptown

Lovely hostel, bit of a walk from the center of Amsterdam but that really doesn't matter when you're staying right next to Vondel Park. Staff were fantastic, really helpful and welcoming. Breakfast consists of cereal, bread/toast, fresh fruit, tea/coffee and fresh juice - no cheese and ham though :-(. Bar prices - very reasonable. Some showers lacked decent storage for clothes/towels etc and were a bit temperamental but adequat. Overall a great hostel and I would definitely stay here again :-)

Hi there, we appreciate you taking the time to give us some feedback, thank you! We hope you'll come and stay with us again soon. :)

Great place, very friendly and helpful staff. Only downside for me was not having internet access in the bedrooms, only at reception.

• 27th Sep 2013

Over-priced! Location is ok, but a good 20+ min walk from the hustle & bustle in Red Light Dist. The room had carpeting and smelled of gym bags. Our beds were clean but they did not clean the adjacent beds, which had 3 different sets of guests, during our stay. There is only 1 light in the room so you can't help but disturb sleeping roommates if you need it. 2/3 toilets unable to use on our floor at the time, nothing to dry your hands. Only 1 outlet for 8 guests to share. No WiFi in room.

We enjoyed our stay here. It's located right next to a beautiful park which was great. It's about a 15 minute walk out from the centre but it was a nice walk and a good way to see the city. The kitchen was well equipped and the breakfast was good. We stayed in a double bed in a dorm room which was good, but the beds are quite small! The atmosphere was pretty good in the bar and the staff were nice. I would stay here again

Hi, thanks for the great feedback! We're glad that you enjoyed staying with us and look forward to seeing you again soon :)

Execellent hostel. Very much appreciated the smoking lounge and bar area. Was alone so took the opportunity to talk to some of the people there. Nice chilled out atmosphere. Comfortable. Great location by the park and very near the heart of the city. Would recomend to anyone. Go there for a fun time!

• 24th Sep 2013

This is definitely a party hostel. smoking room and bar and, as such, no real common area to chillout in after a tiring day. TINY toilets and bizarrely no sinks to brush your teeth or shave. Instead you have to use the miniature ones in the toilets. Location is about as far from the main area as you'd want to get. The other flying pig is probably worth booking instead, simply based on its better location.