Flying Pig Uptown Reviews

Vossiusstraat 46, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Atmosphere and location is fantastic and staff are relaxed and very friendly. Would 100% recommend!

• 29th Aug 2013
  • All Male Group, 18-24

AMAZING staff - so considerate, and fun too. Hostel has a great buzz. Would def stay again!

Thank you. We hope you come back and stay with us again soon!

good hostel.

Could make more use of kitchen if it had better facilities for cooking like an oven that works and pans that aren't broken. It's quite dangerous to cool with broken appliances!

Hi there, Thank you very much for your feedback, we always try to learn from our guests experience. The oven was broken for one day and has now been replaced. We have also added a lot of new utensils. Thanks again for your feedback. Cheers, The Flying Pig Uptown

friendly and always available staff, even if at our arrival the room wasn't clean yet and our beds occupied, anyway they solved the trouble. certainly not very comfortable the stairs to move the luggage ( no elevator!). good for the breakfast, expensive for the bar's services

Cool smoking room, amazing staff, good location. One of the best hostels i've stayed at.

I will definitely be visiting the flying pig again!

Great hostel in terms of backpacker atmosphere, the hostel and especially the bar is always alive and busy, whether it be people having free breakfast in the morning or drinking at night. However the room was too small for 14 beds, not enough space for all our stuff and got so stuffy at night.. Only one toilet on our floor and over 4 days, no one replaced the soap in there which is a bit poor! Could have been a bit better for the price. Overall despite these things it is a great place to stay!

Hi there, Thank you very much for your feedback. We are sorry to hear your room was stuffy, all of our big dorms have windows or air conditioning that can be adjusted on request. We have also recently refurbished 3 of our toilets and there are now a minimum of 2 toilets per floor, most have 4. Again, thanks for your feedback. Cheers, The Flying Pig Uptown

see above

I love this hostel. I've spent a lot of time there and always end up getting to know so many interesting people since the atmosphere around the hostel is so open. The staff is great, very helpful and nice. Breakfast is nothing special, but it's alright and it's free.

Great stay here. Staff gave me a warm welcome. Super easy to get to. You just take the number 5 tram from central station for 15 minutes. Rooms were clean and comfy. Breakfast was free and quite yummy. Half a minute walk to the famous and beautiful vondel park which I enjoyed getting lost in very much.

Cool place with lots of atmosphere. A little bit out from the main part of the city but found that kind of refreshing, still plenty of bars and things to see around this side of town. The smoking room is very convenient and the bar always has drink specials running as well as food! The only bad thing would have to be the steep stairs, you will definitely get a leg work out here!

Good breakfast, smoking room, nice staff, clean, many stairs. Expensive but A'dam is expensive, would stay again.

You will definitely have a great time here! The bar is a great place to hang out. The staff is super friendly.

Special and very nice Hostel in Amsterdam.

• 9th Aug 2013

The pig was sweet! Close to all the clubs and easy walking to any where in the city! Yummy breaky annnnd great smoking room! Easy to meet people from all over the world mostly in their 20s looking for a good time. Comfy beds ! Better than the downtown pig!!

Hey, thanks for your feedback. We're glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you again! Cheers, The Flying Pig Uptown.

For someone traveling alone this hostel was horrible. I was disappointed because online it said this was a party hostel, yet the hostel did nothing to unite people like other better hostels I've been to have. Should organize events during the day/night so that people can meet each other. It was the only hostel in over 30 I've been to where I didn't meet one person, and I'm extremely outgoing and friendly. Left me VERY disappointed :(

great people but i wish there were more showers and bathrooms. good location and the staff was super helpful.

Good hostel! Really clean!

Second time I've stayed here. Really great staff and location. I'm over 40 but they still let me stay ;)