Flying Pig Uptown Reviews

Vossiusstraat 46, Amsterdam, Netherlands

The pig was sweet! Close to all the clubs and easy walking to any where in the city! Yummy breaky annnnd great smoking room! Easy to meet people from all over the world mostly in their 20s looking for a good time. Comfy beds ! Better than the downtown pig!!

Hey, thanks for your feedback. We're glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you again! Cheers, The Flying Pig Uptown.

For someone traveling alone this hostel was horrible. I was disappointed because online it said this was a party hostel, yet the hostel did nothing to unite people like other better hostels I've been to have. Should organize events during the day/night so that people can meet each other. It was the only hostel in over 30 I've been to where I didn't meet one person, and I'm extremely outgoing and friendly. Left me VERY disappointed :(

great people but i wish there were more showers and bathrooms. good location and the staff was super helpful.

Good hostel! Really clean!

Second time I've stayed here. Really great staff and location. I'm over 40 but they still let me stay ;)

This hostel it`s really good to go with friends or alone. The location it`s perfect. In front of the Von Del Park.

Overall not impressed considering its supposed to be a "world famous hostel". Not a good place to stay if you are traveling alone, hard to meet people. Just an average hostel.

Was a good location and not too close tithe red light district, but near enough to pubs and cafe's. staff were friendly and tried to help with everything. Would stay here again!!

Thank you for your feedback. We're happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you again soon.

The wi-fi connection is too slow and the bar prices are too expensive. You need to spend much money if you wanna get drunk. By the way there was just a few information about party in clubs

• 1st Aug 2013
  • Portugal

It was a great experience I just had a problem with the floor i was in. It was the last floor and first it was hard to take all the luggage but then the showers only had hot water so i had to shower downstairs every day

• 30th Jul 2013
  • Spain

Great Atmosphere in the Hostel, good breakfast and very clean bathrooms. The best thing of the Hostel is the Bar and the smoke room.

The staff here were absolutely exceptional and this really made my stay 10/10. Location was also perfect, the bar was cool and we even got wifi from our bunk beds which was a bonus as most hostels these days have really dodgey wifi in the rooms. Best hostel in Europe by far. My only suggestion would be for them to get bigger lockers but other than that everything was sweet!

Needs air conditioning. ...small fan on floor for whole room just doesn't cut it.

Great atmosphere, well located. Great staff too. Would stay again!

Staff were very helpful from arrival, rooms were all very clean, with comfortable beds and linen. Breakfast was plentiful and the location was ideal, 5-10 minute walk from the centre of the city.

• 21st Jul 2013
  • All Male Group, 18-24

We were on the top floor of the hostel and had to lug our luggage up and down the several flights of stairs as there was no lift. The showers were so hot you could barely even shower. There was no air conditioning or any fans and the rooms were so hot and stuffy.

Rooms were very hot with no fan! My man and I booked a 'twin' room (when we couldn't get a double) and were told it would change into a double bed. Upon arrival, we in fact had a room with a bunk-bed which changes into a 'double' bed. WHAT A JOKE! The mattresses were so ill-fitting for the bed once changed that we kept falling off the sides, not to mention having a ladder in the middle of our 'double bed'. I didn't have this problem at the Downtown Flying Pig previously so was very disappointed!

Very secure, had to use key card to enter the building. Located directly beside Vondelpark which is lovely and close to the bus station and tram stops! The atmosphere was great, always people in the bar and smoking room. Staff were super friendly and always happy to help! Rooms were cleaned daily! Free breakfast was also a plus, especially if youre a budget backpacker! Seemed to be a lack of plugs in our dorm and you had to pay for locks and towels!

Good location but the accommodations are very dirty and the rooms are a bit creepy... it's very expensive for what it is!

Staff were very friendly and helpful. Bar was fun - smoking room even more fun ;-) The climb to our room on the fourth floor was a nightmare. Breakfast was a bit too basic.