Flying Pig Uptown Reviews

Vossiusstraat 46, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Cool smoking room, amazing staff, good location. One of the best hostels i've stayed at.

I will definitely be visiting the flying pig again!

Great hostel in terms of backpacker atmosphere, the hostel and especially the bar is always alive and busy, whether it be people having free breakfast in the morning or drinking at night. However the room was too small for 14 beds, not enough space for all our stuff and got so stuffy at night.. Only one toilet on our floor and over 4 days, no one replaced the soap in there which is a bit poor! Could have been a bit better for the price. Overall despite these things it is a great place to stay!

Hi there, Thank you very much for your feedback. We are sorry to hear your room was stuffy, all of our big dorms have windows or air conditioning that can be adjusted on request. We have also recently refurbished 3 of our toilets and there are now a minimum of 2 toilets per floor, most have 4. Again, thanks for your feedback. Cheers, The Flying Pig Uptown

see above

I love this hostel. I've spent a lot of time there and always end up getting to know so many interesting people since the atmosphere around the hostel is so open. The staff is great, very helpful and nice. Breakfast is nothing special, but it's alright and it's free.

Great stay here. Staff gave me a warm welcome. Super easy to get to. You just take the number 5 tram from central station for 15 minutes. Rooms were clean and comfy. Breakfast was free and quite yummy. Half a minute walk to the famous and beautiful vondel park which I enjoyed getting lost in very much.

Cool place with lots of atmosphere. A little bit out from the main part of the city but found that kind of refreshing, still plenty of bars and things to see around this side of town. The smoking room is very convenient and the bar always has drink specials running as well as food! The only bad thing would have to be the steep stairs, you will definitely get a leg work out here!

Good breakfast, smoking room, nice staff, clean, many stairs. Expensive but A'dam is expensive, would stay again.

You will definitely have a great time here! The bar is a great place to hang out. The staff is super friendly.

Special and very nice Hostel in Amsterdam.

• 9th Aug 2013

The pig was sweet! Close to all the clubs and easy walking to any where in the city! Yummy breaky annnnd great smoking room! Easy to meet people from all over the world mostly in their 20s looking for a good time. Comfy beds ! Better than the downtown pig!!

Hey, thanks for your feedback. We're glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you again! Cheers, The Flying Pig Uptown.

For someone traveling alone this hostel was horrible. I was disappointed because online it said this was a party hostel, yet the hostel did nothing to unite people like other better hostels I've been to have. Should organize events during the day/night so that people can meet each other. It was the only hostel in over 30 I've been to where I didn't meet one person, and I'm extremely outgoing and friendly. Left me VERY disappointed :(

great people but i wish there were more showers and bathrooms. good location and the staff was super helpful.

Good hostel! Really clean!

Second time I've stayed here. Really great staff and location. I'm over 40 but they still let me stay ;)

This hostel it`s really good to go with friends or alone. The location it`s perfect. In front of the Von Del Park.

Overall not impressed considering its supposed to be a "world famous hostel". Not a good place to stay if you are traveling alone, hard to meet people. Just an average hostel.

Was a good location and not too close tithe red light district, but near enough to pubs and cafe's. staff were friendly and tried to help with everything. Would stay here again!!

Thank you for your feedback. We're happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you again soon.

The wi-fi connection is too slow and the bar prices are too expensive. You need to spend much money if you wanna get drunk. By the way there was just a few information about party in clubs

• 1st Aug 2013
  • Portugal

It was a great experience I just had a problem with the floor i was in. It was the last floor and first it was hard to take all the luggage but then the showers only had hot water so i had to shower downstairs every day

• 30th Jul 2013