Flying Pig Uptown Reviews

Vossiusstraat 46, Amsterdam, Netherlands

The Flying Pig is the place to be. Individual lockers are provided, great breakfast (Nutella!), friendly staff, great showers... No complaints. The wifi is a bit weak but that shouldn't make or break your decision. Definitely a party atmosphere.

Really good hostel! I've been here twice now and are going back soon! Really nice and good staff too!

A cheerful team in a cheerful place! Thank you :)

• 5th May 2013

Building isn't very new, but it didn't smell or anything and they did a great job cleaning it. Would stay here again.

The Flying Pig Uptown was very welcoming, very clean and very surprising. Having never stayed in a hostel before I wasn't sure what to expect but was amazed at the facilities available for the price. I would definitely recommend them and not hesitate to stay there again.

• 4th May 2013

hostel was great, brill location,staff were realy friendly and helpfull, rooms were comfortable and realy clean, ala in all i would definetly stay here again

• 3rd May 2013

The Flying Pig its a great place to party and great in many aspects, but the spaces and access inside the hostel are not the best: The bar is cool, but it^s really small for the capacity of the place and since its has a shot period for breakfast it is impossible to find a place without bothering someone else. It also have really small stairs where you^ll find really hard with you backpack and IMPOSSIBLE with a suitcase.

Great location right next to Vondelpark, lovely staff and very chilled laid back atmosphere. The reception is a small corner of the bar - quite in the way of everything else going on but the staff were v. helpful, maps and good info available. 1st night we stayed on the top floor and there was no water in the showers the next morning, but stayed in a room on 1st floor next night and shower was great. Nice basic breakfast, felt v. secure as room key card was needed to get in the main front door

• 2nd May 2013
  • Scotland

Location is close enough to the centre of the city but removed enough to be away from a lot of the tourist crowds. The hostel bar is great for meeting new people, but this is definitely a party hostel, so don't expect peace and quiet! Overall, I had a great time and would stay here again :)

Very close to Van Gogh Museumn, the atmosphere is great, the decoration is vivid and joyful. Easy breakfast is involved. The little disadvantage is there is no lift. But I love this place, if I go to Amsterdam again, I will still choose it.

Was actually hesitant about staying in this hostel due to its 'smoking room'. However, it is a safe place for guests to enjoy their time in Amsterdam. The hostel is in a great location, the atmosphere is awesome and so was the breakfast. Surprising very clean for such a large hostel. The only issue I had was that the wifi was absolutely terrible - I had to go to a cafe to get some Internet. Aside from that, a great hostel!

We stayed in 10-person dorm, but it was clean and quiet at night, and big lockers where you can put your bag in was a great solution. The atmosphere was awesome, we met a lot of nice people in the smoke room. Besides, prices at the bar weren't too high ;)

Good location, not right in city but nice area so you feel safer. Staff were nice and there is a small bar area, a little too close to the smoking room however..The crowd of tourists were always 'smoking' and noisy unfortunately but its Amsterdam.Poor wifi reception and very small shared toilets/showers. No lift!! Steep stairs.Overall good safe and social hostel but I don't think it's worth what they charge, very expensive. I would consider staying again if I couldn't find a better value place.

Great hostel, highly recommended! Excellent for meeting people in the lively bar area, friendly staff (Tim and Robin were great), and the best hostel breakfast I've had - fruits, breads and hard-boiled eggs! Very good location if you want to be close to the museums, restaurants and bars of Leidseplein, and across the street from the beautiful Vondelpark, but not close to Centraal station and the red-light district. Showers and toilets were very small, but beds were sturdy and comfortable.

Really friendly fun hostel. Staff are great and location isn't bad (walking distance to everywhere). Would definitely recommend this hostel

There was confusion with booking our dorm room, which was eventually sorted out, however the way the manager initially dealt with us was quite rude.

Hi there, Thank you very much for your feedback. We can learn a lot from your experience with us! We are sorry to hear there was some confusion about your room. We would like to find out what happened exactly, therefore we will contact you personally. Cheers, The Flying Pig Uptown

fantastic hostel, staff, breakfast, free wireless, etc... one of the best hostels I've ever been to!!!

I loved spend a day there.really nice place!!!

• 25th Apr 2013

Really great hostel! Cool atmosphere and a kind staff! I will definitely recommend it to everyone!!

The room is small, but the atmosphere is great. Good music alla day and night long.

• 24th Apr 2013