Flying Pig Uptown Reviews

Vossiusstraat 46, Amsterdam, Netherlands

I will 0 be coming back to the flying pig.

• 22nd Sep 2013

Tight staircases and small rooms. Nice that you can adjust the air conditioning. Bathrooms were tiny and not enough on each floor. 2 bathrooms for who knows how many people (a lot!) is not enough!

Good hostel, clean spacious room but be prepared for the 4 flights of super steep stairs to get up there. The free Breakfast included is good too.

• 20th Sep 2013

The staff were great! They were friendly and helpful. The hostel was very clean and we enjoyed our stay there. However, the common areas (kitchen, bar, lounge area) are very small, especially during breakfast. It was also a real pain in the butt that when you come in the front door you have to walk down stairs and then back up again to your room. Felt like going mountain climbing just to get to your room!

Great stay at this hostel. Smoking area and other common areas always filled with people happy to chat/chill. Room was clean/tidy. Good spot near the park. Helpful and friendly staff

Lovely hostel with great staff. Liked the free wifi and ability to rent a laptop. The stairs are a pain in the arse, but expected it is Amsterdam after all! I think i would definitely stay here again.

Loved the breakfast, a lot of selection. I would recommend a 'Free Food' section in the kitchen for left behind food so that it doesn't go bad and get thrown out. Great book exchange, lots of options.

Hi there, Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay with us. We can learn a lot from it and we would like to thank you for the suggestion! Hope to see you again some day. Cheers, The Flying Pig Uptown

Good hostel, great atmosphere for meeting people if you're a solo traveler and alright prices!

Good to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We hope you'll be back soon!

Good location, many stairs. good bar. Great staff.

Great atmosphere at the hostel, good staff, nice smoking room with a bar at the reception!

very good

Staff were really helpful and great. The bar area was good although a bit small. Rooms and toilet and shower were cleaned daily. Needed a key card to enter the building which is a good idea. Overall good place to stay at.

Great staff, clean room, great wifi. Rooms were a little damp and dark (downstairs room) and would have been nice if we could open a window for fresh air, but this only a minor thing and would definitely stay again.

Really good hostel, they clean everyday, just the shower of my room was kinda unstable, sometime it would heat, sometime not. but there were private showers in the corridors so it wasn´t as much of a problem.

The staff at this hostel is hands down the best I have ever met! Not only are they extremely helpful and friendly but they go out of their way to ensure that you have an amazing time. One staff member in particular, Terry, is amazing!! I lost some money in my room and he did the honorable thing of turning it to the reception, which I was extremely grateful for. I HIGHLY recommend that you stay here if you are looking for a good time in Amsterdam!

I always stay here on my visits to Amsterdam. Really great location, right by the Vondelpark and the museums, close to everything else. Staff are exceptionally friendly and helpful. The vibe in the hostel is relaxed, chilled but everyone still has a good time. Can't recommend enough!

Thank you for your comments, we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Really nice location. Good security

The Flying Pig Uptown was a great experience for me. Especially I enjoyed the laid back atmosphere and the smoking lounge. The staff was super friendly. The rooms and bathrooms were clean. The location was alright but the usage of public transport is strongly recommended. The breakfast was good and all in all I felt I got my money's worth. I recommend this hostel and I will return there for sure.

Thank you for your comments. We hope you come back and stay with us again soon!

Basically a good overall hostel but WAY overpriced (except the drinks, thank you) and I hated that the common space (the only common space) was the bar and although the music selection by the staff overall was pretty good, it would've been nice to be able to sit on a couch or a bean bag chair and just be able to relax without drunk people screaming over the loud music.

Average hostel, dorm was messy and smelly, Wifi was temperamental. It was between a 20 and 40 minute walk to the major sites of Amsterdam but there are several really good supermarkets near by and a full kitchen at the hostel. Relaxed bar area but no real chill out area for relaxing reading etc.

Hi there, Thank you very much for your feedback. We can learn a lot from your experience with us! We are sorry to hear your room was smelly and messy, we clean the rooms daily but unfortunately sharing a (big) dorm means sometimes messy roommates as well. We feel that we are pretty close to a lot of main attractions, we are 5 minutes away from most main museums, the Leidseplein bar district, the Vondelpark and many more! Again, thanks for your feedback. Cheers, The Flying Pig Uptown