Flying Pig Uptown Reviews

Vossiusstraat 46, Amsterdam, Netherlands

I love the Dutch! So sweet and polite. The staff was very nice and friendly.

A great place to stay. The staff is really friendly, the bedrooms are very clean and the bar is great!!!

Didn't have trouble finding the hostel from Asmterdam central, well located. Gave check-in time as 2PM arrived at 7PM, Checked-in to find some one else in the bed. Receptionist said there has been a mix up and the bed will be ready. I was sat at reception forever without any communication of when the bed will be available. Asked the receptionist twice, I was told it was being looked at. More than an hour, fed up and decided to see what was happening myself. The bed wasn't done, I . POOR STAFF,

Hi there, Thank you very much for your feedback. We can learn a lot from your experience with us! We are sorry to hear someone was using your bed and there was some miscommunication. We would like to find out more about this, therefore we will contact you personally. Cheers, The Flying Pig Uptown

For me the most important facility is the wifi there. It took me like hAlf an hour to connect. God how can that be

Hi there, thanks a lot for your feedback. We can learn a lot from your experiences so we really appreciate you took the time to fill this out. We noticed lately there's been some issues with the free WiFi, we are looking into it! Cheers, The Flying Pig

Rooms smelled and hot water was sporadic; staff was friendly but unable to provide specific advice (where exactly to go to get wifi in the city, what exact trams to take to get somewhere). It's a great place to come with friends, if you're looking to smoke. Female travelers, this hostel is predominantly male (at least when I stayed there), so if you feel uncomfortable about being the only girl in your room of ten then don't come here!

This was a nice hostel, but definitely not for me. I am a late 20's single traveler, more interested in the history and experience of a town than straight up partying. It seemed most people here were strictly for the nightlife. I know it's Amsterdam and to be expected, but just letting you know in case your plans are similar to mine. Pros: it was really cute and breakfast was pretty awesome. Cons: So many people, it was always crowded, bathrooms were dirty in the morning after the partying.

amazing hostel, really chilled with a good vibe. the staff were super laid back and friendly and there's not anything i could say is bad about the hostel. had a brilliant time and would definitely go back there again.

Perfect stay!!

I' ll say that shortly and simply,the best hostel i have ever stay.

Fair warning, if you book for two in an 8 person room, you will be in a double bed - would have been nice to know beforehand. Lockers are large, front desk is helpful, towels for a deposit, bar has nice deals, the rooms are super warm, and the hostel is a few blocks from the Rijksmuseum (it's closed until mid-April for 2013). The noise levels from the bar aren't sleep-friendly from the first floor, and the bathrooms are tiny, but they're (usually) clean. Hot showers and a nice view of the park!

Hi there, Thank you very much for your feedback. We can learn a lot from your experience with us! If you book a Double or Queen-size bed you will share a bed but you can also choose to book single beds. Thanks for your other comments, we will keep them in mind! Cheers, The Flying Pig Uptown

Great hostel in the best location. Uptown is really good for shops, food, the Heineken factory, photo opps etc The hostel has a great vibe, good bar, good breakfast and a really good kitchen. The map given at check in is also really handy and the staff are really helpful and informative. Definatley stay here if you are looking to have fun but also like to take in some of the culture the Dam has to offer.

Very good staff, amazing guys called jimmy and kris were so helpful and friendly.

• 22nd Mar 2013
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Had a nice stay

This is a great place for travelers to meet each other. I highly recommend this hostel to anyone looking to make new friends during their stay in Amsterdam. Very fun, easy-going vibe. Great location, staff, and facilities.

This is the best hostel I've stayed in. Keep up the good work!

• 20th Mar 2013

Things I loved: + Hostel bar downstairs gets packed at night, so if you're looking to party but don't want to go out, it's all right there. + Breakfast was great. + All facilities were super clean. Things I didn't love: + WiFi only on the main floor, and there was no quiet area for if you just needed to send off some emails or make a Skype call. The only seating was in the bar or smoking room. + The stairs were ridiculous. Pack light. + Kitchen was cramped, and fridge space scarce.

Perfect hostel! Cool atmosphere! Great staff! Nice rooms, bar and kitchen! Located opposite to a nice parc! Perfect hostel if you dont mind its location not directly in the city centre.

Good hostel. Far from downtown but near Vondelpark. Staff is very helpfull. Showers and bathrooms are not so comfortable. Next time, I guess I'll try flying pig hostel downtown.

It was just what I was looking for - a place to lay my head for one night stay in Amsterdam. The room was very small, but there is a nice large communal area to stay in (for smokers!). WIFI didn't work, which was annoying. All in all its recommended.

• 15th Mar 2013
  • Israel

Great location, very easy to get around. Rooms were nice and clean although a little cold. Bathrooms were quite small and difficult to use at times. Staff was friendly and very helpful. Breakfast was good and ran much later than most other hostels, allowing you to sleep in without worrying about missing it. Overall great hostel would definitely recommend.