Flying Pig Uptown Reviews

Vossiusstraat 46, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Very friendly place and the staff are awesome! The staff are always willing to help and go out of their way to make your stay enjoyable.

• 11th Jun 2013

Loved how the staff would chill with the guests and give excellent advice on what to do around Amsterdam.

• 6th Jun 2013

Great kitchen and dining area/bar. Really fun atmosphere and the free breakfast is great! Large rooms and plenty of showers. Lots of young people and other backpackers.

Hostel was amazing. Some of the bathroom facilities could have been cleaner.

This hostel was unreal, met a ton of awesome people, good breakfast, comfortable beds. A little far from downtown but the pros far outweigh the cons. Loved my stay at the Flying Pig!

Hi there, Thank you very much for your great feedback! We are very happy to read you had such a great time with us. Hope to see you again! Cheers, The Flying Pig Uptown

Very good hostel- nice staff and a great location.

Very fun hostel, the downstairs bar and smoking room have a fantastic atmosphere conducive of meeting new people, a great place if you want to smoke weed as well, and being right across the road from Vondelpark is perfect on summer's days. I wouldn't stay here if you want peace and quiet and don't like stairs or busabout clients (essentially young Aussies) but for us it was brilliant!

Good location next to the Vondelpark with a good bar and very diverse group of people staying. The staff were very helpful in any queries we had The only downside was the lack of available plugs for charging our phone

• 2nd Jun 2013

Was a great place to stay, in walking distance to everything had a great atmosphere, very friendly.

Awesome stuff & Location! Great bar and Smoking room. Nice breakfast included. Clean Sheets and toilettes. Kitchen was great. Only Problem was to go to the 4th floor with my backpack but I think is a General stuff with dutch buildings. Would recommend this hostel for sure!

Hi there, Thank you very much for your great feedback! We are very happy to read you had such a great time with us. The stairs are part of the Dutch architecture but the 4th floor gives you a nice view over Amsterdam though. Hope to see you again! Cheers, The Flying Pig Uptown

Great location but the whole college kid atmosphere really wasn't my scene, but can't expect much else staying at a hostel in Amsterdam!

Great Hostel! Excellent for meeting people. Staff is super friendly and want you to love the city as much as they do so they really try to help you see and enjoy the city! Free breakfast in the morning was a real benefit. Cages available under the beds for security (bring your own lock). The location is a little further than the red light district but totally walkable (or just take an easy tram) and it is right next to the main park which is amazing to sit in on a beautiful day :)

This hostel was right next to Vondelpark, which is a giant park perfect to relax in or bike around. I loved the location of the hostel because it was away from the craziness of downtown Amsterdam. The rooms were extremely clean along with the bathrooms. The showers had lots of hot water also. I would highly recommend staying at this hostel if you want a relaxing weekend in Amsterdam. If you are looking to go out and party stay at the Downtown location!

Hi there! Thanks so much for your review and great to hear that you had a great time with us. We hope we can welcome you back someday! Cheers, The Flying Pig Uptown

A great hostel for your stay in Amsterdam. Smoker friendly. It's out of the way of the major tourists areas, while still making them accessible. Staff is friendly and helpful. Hostel environment is quiet and relaxed.

Everyone seemed very friendly and helpful which was great. My bed was one of the only ones in the room which didn't have a locker underneath the bed for my bag which sucked, but otherwise all was good.

i there, Thank you very much for your feedback. We can learn a lot from your experience with us! The double bed you booked has 2 wooden lockers next to the bed instead, I'm sorry if you preferred the other ones, I hope it didn't spoil your stay with us too much. Thanks again! Safe travels! Cheers, The Flying Pig Uptown

The best hostel I've ever stayed at. Smoking room and bar have a good vibe. You feel like you're at home. The staff is amazing, one in particular who made it very hard to leave Amsterdam. When I think of Amsterdam I think of smoking spliffs in the smoking room at the flying pig, daydreaming in vondelpark, and sitting in the window of an amazing flat with the perfect view watching open top canal boats pass with some of the coolest people I met in all of Europe, Arlene, Robin, and Terence.

• 27th May 2013

Flying Pig Uptown has everything you'd want in a hostel! My boyfriend and I shared a room with six other people and it was a wonderful experience. The staff is friendly and helpful. In addition to lockers you can pay to use, there are lockers in the rooms for each bed which can be used for free. The location was also fabulous- just a short walk to the Red Light District. I'd absolutely stay here again!

great place to stay, enjoyed the fact that there was a smoking room. the hostel is a bit far out from the centre tho

This place was a lot of fun!

• 26th May 2013

Great location if you dont want to be in the centre of the red light district. Vondel Park was just across the road. Staff were really friendly and helpful. Decent breakfast and clean showers and bathrooms. Awesome bar!