Flying Pig Uptown Reviews

Vossiusstraat 46, Amsterdam, Netherlands

had fun here so we booked a second night, very busy hostel! you should do the pub crawl if you stay here. the stairs make you realise how unfit you are though ha.

This hostel was awesome. It's right next to the big park in Amsterdam and close to stuff like the Van Gogh Museum. The staff was extra awesome and willing to help us in any way they could including recommending their favorite places to go. Go to Cannabis College in the Red Light District, they know their stuff.

Is there a better option than excellent? I will never stay anywhere else in Amsterdam. Great people, great vibes, and a great location! It's about 20 minutes from Dam Square, and 25 from the red light district (walking). The park is beautiful! If you stay anywhere else you are doing it wrong!!!

• 20th May 2013

Close to the tube. Friendly staff. Great breakfast. Overall a nice hostel choice for London.

Good hostel, just too far from city centre

The staff was really nice, they give us a map at the arrive what is very helpful to visit the city. The Breakfast room is quite small and we had to eat in the smokers room 2 times but there's no problem if you don't mind the smoke. You have Bus and tram, 3min by foot from hostel the atmosphere at night is very cool, a lot of people to meet , if you want to drink you can buy there for 2,5€ a beer or buy outside for 4€ a pack of 6 heinken I definitly recommend this hostel! I'll be back ! :)

What can I say? It's Amsterdam. If you are looking for a good time, you'll find it in The Flying Pig. Close to Leidseplen and facing Vondelpark, it's easy to find your way around the city. The bar is always packed, so don't be afraid of being alone. There're all kinds of fun people hanging around. Thousands of hot showers, which is GREAT. And also a smoking area...causa it's AMSTERDAM, friend.

Good hostel- staff does a good job- nice that there is a separate smoking room in the common area so the smoke doesn't get everywhere. pretty young, party hostel.

really liked the hostel had everything I wanted, only downside was I couldn't use the kitchen while breakfast was on but I totally understand why but I still got a free breakfast so I was happy

Fantastic hostel with a lot of character and entertainment. Bed, showers and bathrooms are all clean and adequate. Bar downstairs is awesome for meeting others staying at the hostel and it even has a smoking room for all the fun stuff. Breakfast in the morning is clutch and overall the hostel is extremely welcoming

The "express checkout" is a bit annoying. The wifi is very poor. Anyway the stuff is super nice, the breakfast is ok, and they make attention on the security. So good value for the money.

The breakfast at this hostel was absolutely amazing! It was also nice having a common room area where you could chat and meet tons of other travelers. The music was a little loud and the showers were not as convenient, but overall, really nice place!

One of the best hostels I have stayed in! Everything was perfect. It's at a walking distance from Leidesplein place and is located in a very quiet quarter. They have big lockers where you can store your stuff by paying a couple of euros. The rooms also have under-bed lockers. The toilets are super clean, equipped with disinfectants and all. The breakfast is amazing and the staff is really cool. The bar downstairs is a great place to hang out if you don't feel like going out. Really exceptional!

the wifi doesn't work well in the rooms and there's not enough outlets in the rooms. otherwise it's a fun place to stay at.

Hi there, thanks a lot for your feedback. We can learn a lot from your experiences so we really appreciate you took the time to fill this out. Thanks to all the suggestions of our guests we now have free WiFi throughout the whole building! We will also have a look if we can get more outlets in the room! Thanks again for your suggestions. Cheers, The Flying Pig Uptown

A friend had recommended this establishment to me and I was very grateful. What a wonderful group of staff members. I felt very taken care of and safe.

• 13th May 2013

not enough signal until our room

Nice place for having fun...

Loved the place! thought it was cool how it was in a quieter part of Amsterdam but close enough to walk or take the tram. the staff was good, the smoking room and the common areas were cool and the breakfast was great as well!

Cool staff, nice vibe about the place, the smoking room is a great idea!

Very well trained stuff. It´s a perfect quality/cost hostel

• 7th May 2013