Flying Pig Uptown Reviews

Vossiusstraat 46, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Great Hostel! Excellent for meeting people. Staff is super friendly and want you to love the city as much as they do so they really try to help you see and enjoy the city! Free breakfast in the morning was a real benefit. Cages available under the beds for security (bring your own lock). The location is a little further than the red light district but totally walkable (or just take an easy tram) and it is right next to the main park which is amazing to sit in on a beautiful day :)

This hostel was right next to Vondelpark, which is a giant park perfect to relax in or bike around. I loved the location of the hostel because it was away from the craziness of downtown Amsterdam. The rooms were extremely clean along with the bathrooms. The showers had lots of hot water also. I would highly recommend staying at this hostel if you want a relaxing weekend in Amsterdam. If you are looking to go out and party stay at the Downtown location!

Hi there! Thanks so much for your review and great to hear that you had a great time with us. We hope we can welcome you back someday! Cheers, The Flying Pig Uptown

A great hostel for your stay in Amsterdam. Smoker friendly. It's out of the way of the major tourists areas, while still making them accessible. Staff is friendly and helpful. Hostel environment is quiet and relaxed.

Everyone seemed very friendly and helpful which was great. My bed was one of the only ones in the room which didn't have a locker underneath the bed for my bag which sucked, but otherwise all was good.

i there, Thank you very much for your feedback. We can learn a lot from your experience with us! The double bed you booked has 2 wooden lockers next to the bed instead, I'm sorry if you preferred the other ones, I hope it didn't spoil your stay with us too much. Thanks again! Safe travels! Cheers, The Flying Pig Uptown

The best hostel I've ever stayed at. Smoking room and bar have a good vibe. You feel like you're at home. The staff is amazing, one in particular who made it very hard to leave Amsterdam. When I think of Amsterdam I think of smoking spliffs in the smoking room at the flying pig, daydreaming in vondelpark, and sitting in the window of an amazing flat with the perfect view watching open top canal boats pass with some of the coolest people I met in all of Europe, Arlene, Robin, and Terence.

• 27th May 2013

Flying Pig Uptown has everything you'd want in a hostel! My boyfriend and I shared a room with six other people and it was a wonderful experience. The staff is friendly and helpful. In addition to lockers you can pay to use, there are lockers in the rooms for each bed which can be used for free. The location was also fabulous- just a short walk to the Red Light District. I'd absolutely stay here again!

great place to stay, enjoyed the fact that there was a smoking room. the hostel is a bit far out from the centre tho

This place was a lot of fun!

• 26th May 2013

Great location if you dont want to be in the centre of the red light district. Vondel Park was just across the road. Staff were really friendly and helpful. Decent breakfast and clean showers and bathrooms. Awesome bar!

We had a lovely time at the Flying Pig. The park across the road is absolutely stunning! The hostel had everything we needed and the staff were very helpful. Definitely recommend to other guests!

• 26th May 2013

Staying in hostel was really present, it was an great opportunity to meet very nice and interesting people from all around the world, beautiful neighborhood and extremely nice staff, I highly recommend it as a economic way to visit Amsterdam.

• Poland

Great hostel to experience the true Amsterdam! Staff were friendly, hostel was clean and great atmosphere. Breakfast was delicious!

had fun here so we booked a second night, very busy hostel! you should do the pub crawl if you stay here. the stairs make you realise how unfit you are though ha.

This hostel was awesome. It's right next to the big park in Amsterdam and close to stuff like the Van Gogh Museum. The staff was extra awesome and willing to help us in any way they could including recommending their favorite places to go. Go to Cannabis College in the Red Light District, they know their stuff.

Is there a better option than excellent? I will never stay anywhere else in Amsterdam. Great people, great vibes, and a great location! It's about 20 minutes from Dam Square, and 25 from the red light district (walking). The park is beautiful! If you stay anywhere else you are doing it wrong!!!

• 20th May 2013

Close to the tube. Friendly staff. Great breakfast. Overall a nice hostel choice for London.

Good hostel, just too far from city centre

The staff was really nice, they give us a map at the arrive what is very helpful to visit the city. The Breakfast room is quite small and we had to eat in the smokers room 2 times but there's no problem if you don't mind the smoke. You have Bus and tram, 3min by foot from hostel the atmosphere at night is very cool, a lot of people to meet , if you want to drink you can buy there for 2,5€ a beer or buy outside for 4€ a pack of 6 heinken I definitly recommend this hostel! I'll be back ! :)

What can I say? It's Amsterdam. If you are looking for a good time, you'll find it in The Flying Pig. Close to Leidseplen and facing Vondelpark, it's easy to find your way around the city. The bar is always packed, so don't be afraid of being alone. There're all kinds of fun people hanging around. Thousands of hot showers, which is GREAT. And also a smoking area...causa it's AMSTERDAM, friend.

Good hostel- staff does a good job- nice that there is a separate smoking room in the common area so the smoke doesn't get everywhere. pretty young, party hostel.