Flying Pig Uptown Reviews

Vossiusstraat 46, Amsterdam, Netherlands

This was definitely one of the best hostels I stayed in! The social atmosphere is what makes it amazing. The bar and smoking room are always full with young people having a good time. The room was clean, has lockers under the beds, and there are enough showers so you will never have to wait. Great location- not right in the core but close enough-- and the uptown neighbourhood is full of restaurants and parks so you won't feel remote from the city center. Staff was friendly too!

Hi, thank you for your great review! We look forward to seeing you again. Cheers - The Flying Pig Uptown

Great complementary breakfast. Staff is unbelievably helpful. Even though the AC was on, the room was too warm even though it was at the lowest temperature.

Hi, thank you for your review. We were having some problems with the air conditioning units but they are now fixed and working correctly! We hope that you will stay with us again. Cheers - The Flying Pig Uptown

It was loud at night in my room, but there isn't much the staff can do about that. Staff were friendly and helpful, breakfast was kindly kept out past 11:00. A great hostel

Hi, thank you for your review. Our night receptionists do regular hostel checks to try and ensure people aren't creating too much noise inside rooms during the later hours. We hope the noise did not affect your stay and that you decide to visit us again. - The Flying Pig Uptown

We only stayed here one night, but we arrived in the morning towards the end of breakfast and the staff kindly allowed us to eat breakfast prior to our checking in. Everyone was really friendly and nice and it's a great place to meet people! We stayed in a six person mixed dorm room, and it was totally fine. If you are staying here and want to save money, make sure to bring a lock for the lockers under the beds, as that's really the only place to store your goodies!

Hi, thank you for your review! Just so know in case you visit us again, we also have a free safe at reception where guests can store their smaller valuables. We hope to see you again soon! Cheers - The Flying Pig Uptown

A great hostel with a fun atmosphere. The room and ensuite bathroom were clean, the bed was very comfortable and the room was quite and secure. Breakfast was good with a few options and the location was close to a tram station or walking distance from most of the main areas.

Thank you for the great review! We hope you come and stay with us again soon. - The Flying Pig Uptown

i very much enjoyed my stay at the hostel, esp the night i was tripping. lol

• 21st Jun 2014

Sort of away from the center compared to the other flying pig. There's a smoking room and you can start your party there, good happy hour as well.

Awesome location near to local bars, coffee shops, and restaurants as well as tourist sites like the Heineken Brewery. Staff was very knowledgeable, fun, and willing to help. Smoke room and bar in the lounge were always full of other travelers, so was very easy to meet other people. Only problem was the stairs were like the ones in the Exorcist aka extremely steep and precarious, especially with bags. The elderly and weak, beware.

Hi, thanks for your review. As we have very traditional Dutch architecture we are unable to accommodate an elevator, but hope this didn't negatively affect your stay too much. We hope to see you again soon! - The Flying Pig Uptown

This was the 2nd hostel I stayed at in Amsterdam. For roughly the same price, this hostel was much better value. It has a great atmosphere and the staff are very friendly. The kitchen was well equipped, good breakfast and lockers under the bed. It is right next to Vondelpark and close enough to all the shops you'll need (supermarkets, restaurants/ bars, ATMs etc.). I would definitely recommend it, especially if you want to meet new people.

Hi, thanks for your nice review! We hope you decide to come and stay with us again. Cheers - The Flying Pig Uptown

That is one of the best hostels i have ever been!!

Thank you for the great review, hopefully we will see you again soon! - The Flying Pig Uptown

I had a great stay at Hostel Mango. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Especially one of the reception girls by the name of Zoe. She was very informative and was wiling to do extra research to help me out. A big thank you to her!!! The location of the hostel is ideal as it is close to public transport. Breakfast was pretty good as well; it was much nicer and healthier than what you would get in a hotel!!! The next time I am in Amsterdam, I will definitely stay at Hostel Mango again.

Hi, thanks for your review, though it appears that you have our name confused with a hostel in Prague! Names aside we are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Flying Pig Uptown and look forward to seeing you again soon. - The Flying Pig Uptown

I was really sick for most of my stay in Amsterdam, so spent a lot of time in the hostel. Rooms were spacious, beds comfy, bar seemed fun, sweet leafy green window views over the adjacent park and a huge team of diligent staff cleaning the place constantly. Great location too, I just wish I was well enough to enjoy the city more.

Extremely pleased with my stay at this hostel. The staff is what made my stay so enjoyable, and everything else about the hostel topped it of as well. If you're young and a lone traveller this is the place to be.

Staff was very helpful. The walk to the red light district was a bit much but there was plenty else to do around the hostel. The park nearby was awesome. Not really a place for non-smokers but is still a good time.

Very good breakfast!

• 8th Jun 2014

Thank you! - The Flying Pig Uptown

Great atmosphere and everyone was so nice! The bathrooms and showers were clean and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay! Although it is a little walk to the heart of the Amsterdam, it´s well worh staying here!

Hi, thank you for your great review. We hope to see you again soon! Cheers - The Flying Pig Uptown

Vondelpark is right across from the hostel, as well as some of the major tourist attractions. It's really expensive for what it is, but that's Amsterdam as a whole. Should look elsewhere if you want a quiet hostel.

We were very happy with our stay here. Location is perfect, very close to everything there is to see. The bar was great as well and created this lovely warm atmosphere. Got the double bed bunk bed which was great. I highly reccomend it as the place to stay in Amsterdam!

This was an amazing hostel. Very friendly and very clean. We stayed in a 8 person room and we met some pretty amazing people. Great location and great staff. The bar downstairs is very fun and you will definitely meet people in the smoking area. Great hostel if you are looking to meet people but do not want to stay in the red light district.

• 3rd Jun 2014

Amazing hostel had the best time and met amazing people the only thing I had a problem with was that there was no quiet area to just chill out but other than that it was great.

← Back to search results