Flying Pig Uptown Reviews

Vossiusstraat 46, Amsterdam, Netherlands

DONT STAY HERE. Well besides having two items stolen which was the first time for me after five months of traveling. There was really good staff and there were several staff that were very rude, they had an attitude, they had set up there and if you weren't in there little group they eye balled you. When I let a member of staff know my 200 dollar speaker was stolen he didn't really do anything about it. It has a terrible vibe and too expensive for what you get, especially your stuff stolen.

Hi there, Thank you very much for your review. We are sorry to read your stay with us was not what you expected and that your stuff got stolen! :( We contacted your personnally to find out more about what happened. We will talk to our staff as well to let them know about your experience with some of them. We always try to make everybody's stay as fun and comfortable as possible, so we can learn a lot from this! Thanks again for your time!

I had the best time ever at the pig. All the staff were so friendly and accommodating, the whole place was clean, the bar and smoking room are fun and always busy with staff and guests. I would never stay anywhere else!

Hi there, Thanks you so much for your kind words :) It's great to read you enjoyed your stay with us! Hopefully we will see you again soon. Safe travels, The Flying Pig Uptown

Very friendly staff, amazing atmosphere, excellent included breakfasts, perfect location (all bars, restaurants, coffeeshops are in 10 min walk) + Museums (Van Gogh, Rijskmuseum, Stedelijk Museum and Heineken Experience) ! I definitely recommend Flying Pig Uptown for travellers, who are looking for true Value for Money and comfortable staying :) Next trip to Amsterdam I'll stay in Flying Pig Uptown for sure

The staff are NICE~ I heard someone's phone got stolen. The pantry is just okay. It will be better if they can provide the basic like oil and salt. Room is too crowded especially when you have messy roommates, just piles and piles of clothes on the floor. I understand that it's and old building so there's no lift but having to carry our heavy luggage up those narrow stairs just drive me crazy haha. I don't know what's wrong with the shower but 2 out of 3 shower just pour out burning HOT water.

Hi there, Thanks a lot for your review. We always try to make everybody's stay as fun and comfortable as possible, so we can learn a lot from this! Thanks for your suggestion for the kitchen! Unfortunately there is no space for a lift in our traditional building. But our staff can always help you out carrying your luggage upstairs, that is not a problem :) We will have a look at the showers, thanks a lot for mentioning this! Hopefully we will see you again soon. Safe travels!

My friend and I had an awesome stay at the Flying Pig Uptown last weekend! The atmosphere is fun; reception doubles as the bar area and the designated smoking room had awesome vibes. Our only complaint would be the bathroom situation. Our 14-person room was on the 1st floor along with at least 3 more rooms and there was only one, tiny toilet to share. Also, the uptown location is about a 25 minute walk from downtown in case that deters anyone! Overall, we loved our stay at the Flying Pig!

• 6th Nov 2014

Excellent hostel with inclusive breakfast, great bar, and very friendly and helpful staff. Also very well located next to Vondelpark and a few minutes from Leidseplein. I've given it a "good" for atmosphere because although it is always buzzing and there's always a good time to be had, it is rather loud until well into the night if you're after some sleep.

Tiny kitchen, no dining area except for the bar, which is not ideal if you want a quiet meal. One of the guys staying in our room came in with a girl (uncomfortable situation). Nice breakfast, though very crowded. Rooms were completely sound-proof and you can even ask for free earplugs, so you can have a good night sleep if you don’t feel like partying. Wifi works perfectly in the rooms, which is a plus.

Worst thing about our stay: climbing up the stairs. But that´s just how Amsterdam is. The hostel is great. I´m deffinately staying there next time as well

• 5th Nov 2014
  • Bulgaria

Hi there, Thanks a lot for your review! We are very happy to read you had such a great time with us! Unfortunately, in our traditional building, there is no space for an elevator :( Our staff can always help you carrying your luggage upstairs though! Thanks again! Safe travels, The Flying Pig Uptown

Bar was a bit pricey but then again, all of Amsterdam is.

I like the location, right next to Vondelpark and a little removed from the histle and bustle, while still within walking distance to any and everything. The atmosphere is great- the bar is a very relaxed place and it's easy to meet people from all over. Beds are also very comfortable.

Great stay, nothing special. I don't understand the wow associated with this place. It is just your run of the mill youth hostel

Good hostel with good atmosphere. Bar and smoking room really help to get everyone together. Rooms are very small for the number of beds however this was really only and issue in the morning when everyone was getting up. Definitely one of the better hostels in Amsterdam (I have been to 6 here alone).

Good place to stay. Nice staff. Smoking room always welcome as you always end up with too many extra bits from having to buy at each coffeeshop you enter (usually). Smoking room was a bit small but I don't suppose you can do much about that. We have previously stayed at the Downtown one and that was better with more space in the communal areas, but obviously in the hectic centre. Uptown is cool too, and worth the money. It's nice to be out of the very center of town sometimes too.

Had an amazing time, would recommend it to any young person looking to have fun and make friends!

Comfortable beds and very helpful staff. Breakfast was good but the atmosphere in the bar and smoking room lacked. The location could have been more central too

Loved it. The smoking room at the hostel was my favourite place in the whole city. People was extra nice. Staff was so cool I even went out with some of them and some other customers. Rooms were nice and clean. Bathrooms and showers were good and clean too. There's a nice kitchen and it's in a great location (even if the other Flying Pig in nearer the center of the city. They have a great bar, with good promos (4 euro 2 bottles of beer), and a very good breakfast. Highly recommended!!!

Best party hostel I've been! The atmosphere is amazing, the price is good for the facilities. Great smoking room and bar. The kitchen is good but they could let it open 24 hours, Amsterdam demands it (if you know what I mean). In front of vondelpark, close to the night clubs, but far from red light and downtown.

A good hostel! Clean, nice staff, good breakfast.. nice atmosphere. Not really a place to socialize but the bar is open 24 hours, which is a plus if you need to eat or drink in late hours. Guess the only problem would be the staircase...really steep and straight to carry your luggage, if you don't have a backpack just be prepared for a little extra struggle. Otherwise great hostel!

Hi there, Thanks for taking the time to review your stay with us :) Unfortunately, due to the traditional architecture of the building, we don't have an elevator. But our staff is always more than happy to help out with taking luggage upstairs! We are very happy to read you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you again soon! Cheers, The Flying Pig Uptown

Nice rooms and clean bathrooms at the Flying Pig Uptown; loved the containers under the bed for storage. The bar in the hostel is great too, but they should serve better food!

Better, detailed citymap (which indludes the street Name, public Transport Network and Name of stations) at reception desk would be very helpful. Further you could update at your Website how to get from Airport to the hostel by public Transport GVB (from airport by bus line 69 to the station Laan van Vlaanderen and there Change for tram line 2) because for bus line 197 you should pay additionaly.

← Back to search results