Flying Pig Uptown Reviews

Vossiusstraat 46, Amsterdam, Netherlands

I had a great stay at Hostel Mango. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Especially one of the reception girls by the name of Zoe. She was very informative and was wiling to do extra research to help me out. A big thank you to her!!! The location of the hostel is ideal as it is close to public transport. Breakfast was pretty good as well; it was much nicer and healthier than what you would get in a hotel!!! The next time I am in Amsterdam, I will definitely stay at Hostel Mango again.

Hi, thanks for your review, though it appears that you have our name confused with a hostel in Prague! Names aside we are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Flying Pig Uptown and look forward to seeing you again soon. - The Flying Pig Uptown

I was really sick for most of my stay in Amsterdam, so spent a lot of time in the hostel. Rooms were spacious, beds comfy, bar seemed fun, sweet leafy green window views over the adjacent park and a huge team of diligent staff cleaning the place constantly. Great location too, I just wish I was well enough to enjoy the city more.

Extremely pleased with my stay at this hostel. The staff is what made my stay so enjoyable, and everything else about the hostel topped it of as well. If you're young and a lone traveller this is the place to be.

• 10th Jun 2014

Staff was very helpful. The walk to the red light district was a bit much but there was plenty else to do around the hostel. The park nearby was awesome. Not really a place for non-smokers but is still a good time.

Very good breakfast!

• 8th Jun 2014

Great atmosphere and everyone was so nice! The bathrooms and showers were clean and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay! Although it is a little walk to the heart of the Amsterdam, it´s well worh staying here!

Vondelpark is right across from the hostel, as well as some of the major tourist attractions. It's really expensive for what it is, but that's Amsterdam as a whole. Should look elsewhere if you want a quiet hostel.

We were very happy with our stay here. Location is perfect, very close to everything there is to see. The bar was great as well and created this lovely warm atmosphere. Got the double bed bunk bed which was great. I highly reccomend it as the place to stay in Amsterdam!

This was an amazing hostel. Very friendly and very clean. We stayed in a 8 person room and we met some pretty amazing people. Great location and great staff. The bar downstairs is very fun and you will definitely meet people in the smoking area. Great hostel if you are looking to meet people but do not want to stay in the red light district.

• 3rd Jun 2014

Amazing hostel had the best time and met amazing people the only thing I had a problem with was that there was no quiet area to just chill out but other than that it was great.

Location was good, rooms very clean and staff all very nice. I did not like how the showers flood the whole bathroom and was quite disappointed that its Amsterdam and they hostel bar doesn't serve Heineken :( Overall I would go back!

Muy agradable pero muy caro para lo que es. EL personal es genial y hay muy buen ambiente.

• 29th May 2014
  • Spain

Awesome place to stay!! Would recommend :)

Sinceramente el peor hostel en el que he estado hasta la fecha. Escaleras y escaleras que en caso de incendio o necesidad de evacuación sería imposible y podría ser extremadamente peligroso. Ambiente deplorable. Ruido, música ensordecedora del bar, golpes de puertas, escaleras, etc. La habitación llena de botellas y latas de cerveza y demás bebidas alcohólicas, las cuales se supone no pueden consumirse en las propias habitaciones.

super merci

• 29th May 2014

Merci pour votre avis, revenir bientôt! - The Flying Pig Uptown

Cool hostel, wish we got to stay longer!

The flying pig is an incredible hostel. I would highly recommend it to backpackers just trying to have a great time. Had a pub crawl planned but decided to stay at there bar because it was a great time. The staff is really chill and helpful. Overall amazing time.

• 26th May 2014

Thanks for your great feedback, we hope that you'll come and stay with us again soon! - The Flying Pig Uptown

Best hostel i have ever stayed in. Travelled all over europe and it was the most comfortable, most relaxed and secure hostel i stayed in. Staff were not only knowledgeable about the city but they knew the tourist spots and the not so tourist spots. Great energy and willingness to help ans ensure you are cosy. The team also come and party and hang out which helps build a solid social atmosphere which is needed in a hostel. Pretty damn good kitchen too so you can cook. GREAT!!!!!

• 25th May 2014

Cool spot. But i swear everyone there was sick!! Sharing joint in small quarters, and there really isn't much space to chill. A bit on the cramped side

A busy place. Suits tourists more than travellers.