Flying Pig Uptown Reviews

Vossiusstraat 46, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Sort of away from the center compared to the other flying pig. There's a smoking room and you can start your party there, good happy hour as well.

Awesome location near to local bars, coffee shops, and restaurants as well as tourist sites like the Heineken Brewery. Staff was very knowledgeable, fun, and willing to help. Smoke room and bar in the lounge were always full of other travelers, so was very easy to meet other people. Only problem was the stairs were like the ones in the Exorcist aka extremely steep and precarious, especially with bags. The elderly and weak, beware.

Hi, thanks for your review. As we have very traditional Dutch architecture we are unable to accommodate an elevator, but hope this didn't negatively affect your stay too much. We hope to see you again soon! - The Flying Pig Uptown

This was the 2nd hostel I stayed at in Amsterdam. For roughly the same price, this hostel was much better value. It has a great atmosphere and the staff are very friendly. The kitchen was well equipped, good breakfast and lockers under the bed. It is right next to Vondelpark and close enough to all the shops you'll need (supermarkets, restaurants/ bars, ATMs etc.). I would definitely recommend it, especially if you want to meet new people.

Hi, thanks for your nice review! We hope you decide to come and stay with us again. Cheers - The Flying Pig Uptown

That is one of the best hostels i have ever been!!

Thank you for the great review, hopefully we will see you again soon! - The Flying Pig Uptown

I had a great stay at Hostel Mango. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Especially one of the reception girls by the name of Zoe. She was very informative and was wiling to do extra research to help me out. A big thank you to her!!! The location of the hostel is ideal as it is close to public transport. Breakfast was pretty good as well; it was much nicer and healthier than what you would get in a hotel!!! The next time I am in Amsterdam, I will definitely stay at Hostel Mango again.

Hi, thanks for your review, though it appears that you have our name confused with a hostel in Prague! Names aside we are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Flying Pig Uptown and look forward to seeing you again soon. - The Flying Pig Uptown

I was really sick for most of my stay in Amsterdam, so spent a lot of time in the hostel. Rooms were spacious, beds comfy, bar seemed fun, sweet leafy green window views over the adjacent park and a huge team of diligent staff cleaning the place constantly. Great location too, I just wish I was well enough to enjoy the city more.

Extremely pleased with my stay at this hostel. The staff is what made my stay so enjoyable, and everything else about the hostel topped it of as well. If you're young and a lone traveller this is the place to be.

Staff was very helpful. The walk to the red light district was a bit much but there was plenty else to do around the hostel. The park nearby was awesome. Not really a place for non-smokers but is still a good time.

Very good breakfast!

• 8th Jun 2014

Thank you! - The Flying Pig Uptown

Great atmosphere and everyone was so nice! The bathrooms and showers were clean and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay! Although it is a little walk to the heart of the Amsterdam, it´s well worh staying here!

Hi, thank you for your great review. We hope to see you again soon! Cheers - The Flying Pig Uptown

Vondelpark is right across from the hostel, as well as some of the major tourist attractions. It's really expensive for what it is, but that's Amsterdam as a whole. Should look elsewhere if you want a quiet hostel.

We were very happy with our stay here. Location is perfect, very close to everything there is to see. The bar was great as well and created this lovely warm atmosphere. Got the double bed bunk bed which was great. I highly reccomend it as the place to stay in Amsterdam!

This was an amazing hostel. Very friendly and very clean. We stayed in a 8 person room and we met some pretty amazing people. Great location and great staff. The bar downstairs is very fun and you will definitely meet people in the smoking area. Great hostel if you are looking to meet people but do not want to stay in the red light district.

• 3rd Jun 2014

Amazing hostel had the best time and met amazing people the only thing I had a problem with was that there was no quiet area to just chill out but other than that it was great.

Location was good, rooms very clean and staff all very nice. I did not like how the showers flood the whole bathroom and was quite disappointed that its Amsterdam and they hostel bar doesn't serve Heineken :( Overall I would go back!

Awesome place to stay!! Would recommend :)

Cool hostel, wish we got to stay longer!

The flying pig is an incredible hostel. I would highly recommend it to backpackers just trying to have a great time. Had a pub crawl planned but decided to stay at there bar because it was a great time. The staff is really chill and helpful. Overall amazing time.

• 26th May 2014

Thanks for your great feedback, we hope that you'll come and stay with us again soon! - The Flying Pig Uptown

Best hostel i have ever stayed in. Travelled all over europe and it was the most comfortable, most relaxed and secure hostel i stayed in. Staff were not only knowledgeable about the city but they knew the tourist spots and the not so tourist spots. Great energy and willingness to help ans ensure you are cosy. The team also come and party and hang out which helps build a solid social atmosphere which is needed in a hostel. Pretty damn good kitchen too so you can cook. GREAT!!!!!

• 25th May 2014

Cool spot. But i swear everyone there was sick!! Sharing joint in small quarters, and there really isn't much space to chill. A bit on the cramped side