Flying Pig Uptown Reviews

Vossiusstraat 46, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Amazing staff. Serving noodles in the middle of the night after the hostel bar had already closed was a highlight in good service!

Hi, Thanks a lot for your nice words :) Hopefully we will see you again soon! Safe travels, The Flying Pig Uptown

The bar is the most important part of the hostel. And its vy convenient to have a hairdryer on every floor!nice staff as well!

Lacks a place to hang out that's not the smoking room or the bar. Other than that it's a very nice hostel.

Really solid hostel. Helpful staff, clean place, cool place to hang.

Great hostel! Walking distance to main centre. Good free breakfast and wifi. Kitchen is a wee bit small but at least there is one :) nice social area and smoking room for hanging out and meeting people.

• 7th Oct 2014
  • New Zealand

Hi there, Thanks for your great feedback! We are very happy to read you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you again soon ;) Cheers, The Flying Pig Uptown

No bed hostel

• 6th Oct 2014
  • Israel

Great atmosphere, staff very helpful, the beds were very comfortable and had a great kitchen. Only annoying thing was the amount of stairs we had to go up to get to our room. Good location, not too far from everything.

• 5th Oct 2014

Hi there, Thanks for your great review! Unfortunately the traditional architecture of the building doesn't allow us to have an elevator. But we are glad to read you had a great time with us anyway :) We hope to see you back soon! Cheers, The Flying Pig Uptown

We stay in a 4 bed room in the first floor. At the beginning I thought we would hear all the sounds and music in the bar but quitethe contrary as it was well isolated. The bathroom in our roomwas pretty clean as well as the bedroom itself. The only problem was that you couldn't open the windows and the ventilation was through the air conditioned machine. The breakfast was also quite complete and the staff really nice.

This hostel had a great vibe, great staff and a kitchen! (Proved hard to fibd kitchens in amsterdam hostels) The location is nice, out of the red light district, and right on vondelpark. No lockers in the rooms which was unfortunate, and the showers and bathrooms in the hall were waay too tiny. But amsterdam is quite cramped. Breakfast was basic but good, the bar was nice, the place seems to attract outgoing friendly people. Cool place :)

On Oct. 29 I had a reservation for that night. On checkin in , I was given a slip with the room and bed number. After leaving my luggage, I went out for a few hours. When I came back there was a dude on my bed. He refused to move from the lower bunk 4. I showed him my paper but he was rude & mean. Went downstairs and got the girl to come upstairs. I decided to take the upper bunk 1 which was empty. The girl didnt ask him to show his bed assignment. But he was so nasty , I was afraid.

I really loved this hostel and I actually feel bad we didn't spend more time here. Everything was spot-clean, the staff was incredibly friendly and packed with info. Many people have told me that it is a challenge to find a good and not-to-expensive hostel in Amsterdam, but the Flying Pig fulfills everything you could hope for. I would recommend it to everyone, it's truly great.

This place was awesome, by far one of the best hostels I have ever stayed in! Pumping atmosphere and good company!

Super nice staff, and the cleanest I`ve ever been. There`s a lot of stairs, and breakfast can get really crowded, but the superb music selection at the bar compensates everything!

Needs more chill out space that isn't a bad, but a great hostel never the less, well worth it

Having stayed at the downtown hostel during previous stays in Amsterdam I decided to try this location. For a cheaper price you are in a much nicer location - completely accessible by train and walking. While it's nice to have a smoking area , way too many people were super wasted / stoned / high for me to carry out normal conversations with almost anyone. Free breakfast was really good but overly crowded!

Hi, thank you for taking the time to leave a review. As we run a late finishing breakfast (until 11) it tends to get considerably busier during the last hour. Because of this we recommend guests come down to eat earlier if they prefer a quieter breakfast. We hope you stay with us again. - The Flying Pig Uptown

Great place to meet solo travellers, with the smoking room a plus. Kitchen was well equipped, and breakfast did the job. Highly recommended.

Great party hostel if that’s what you’re into, harder if you’re trying to explore the city. The staff was helpful with another guest sleeping in our bed. The kitchen was rarely accessible. We were in a 14 person dorm, but there was only one toilet and 2 showers on our floor.

Pretty much all you'll ever need in a hostel. Great environment, good rooms, right next to Vondelpark.

Hi, thank you for the great review. We're happy that you enjoyed your stay! - The Flying Pig Uptown

Great beds and rooms, friendly staff and lively bar. The breakfast is awesome and position great as well. I would definitely stay here again!

Hi, thanks for your review, we will look forward to your next visit! - The Flying Pig Uptown

So much fun