Flying Pig Uptown Reviews

Vossiusstraat 46, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Had an amazing time, would recommend it to any young person looking to have fun and make friends!

Comfortable beds and very helpful staff. Breakfast was good but the atmosphere in the bar and smoking room lacked. The location could have been more central too

Loved it. The smoking room at the hostel was my favourite place in the whole city. People was extra nice. Staff was so cool I even went out with some of them and some other customers. Rooms were nice and clean. Bathrooms and showers were good and clean too. There's a nice kitchen and it's in a great location (even if the other Flying Pig in nearer the center of the city. They have a great bar, with good promos (4 euro 2 bottles of beer), and a very good breakfast. Highly recommended!!!

Best party hostel I've been! The atmosphere is amazing, the price is good for the facilities. Great smoking room and bar. The kitchen is good but they could let it open 24 hours, Amsterdam demands it (if you know what I mean). In front of vondelpark, close to the night clubs, but far from red light and downtown.

A good hostel! Clean, nice staff, good breakfast.. nice atmosphere. Not really a place to socialize but the bar is open 24 hours, which is a plus if you need to eat or drink in late hours. Guess the only problem would be the staircase...really steep and straight to carry your luggage, if you don't have a backpack just be prepared for a little extra struggle. Otherwise great hostel!

Hi there, Thanks for taking the time to review your stay with us :) Unfortunately, due to the traditional architecture of the building, we don't have an elevator. But our staff is always more than happy to help out with taking luggage upstairs! We are very happy to read you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you again soon! Cheers, The Flying Pig Uptown

Nice rooms and clean bathrooms at the Flying Pig Uptown; loved the containers under the bed for storage. The bar in the hostel is great too, but they should serve better food!

Better, detailed citymap (which indludes the street Name, public Transport Network and Name of stations) at reception desk would be very helpful. Further you could update at your Website how to get from Airport to the hostel by public Transport GVB (from airport by bus line 69 to the station Laan van Vlaanderen and there Change for tram line 2) because for bus line 197 you should pay additionaly.

Great place! Would definitely come back

• 17th Oct 2014

A Great hostel at a Perfect location too, with a brilliant atmospheren and the best facilities that will gauranteed your value for money, in my eyes, its the best in the world for hostele.

• 15th Oct 2014

Wow, thank you so much for your great review!! We are looking forward to your next stay with us :) Cheers, The Flying Pig Uptown

The staff were really friendly and welcoming, although very busy. The bar downstairs made for a good social environment however drinks were relatively expensive still. Relaxed and enjoyable place. Would definently stay there again and recommend it to others.

Amazing staff. Serving noodles in the middle of the night after the hostel bar had already closed was a highlight in good service!

Hi, Thanks a lot for your nice words :) Hopefully we will see you again soon! Safe travels, The Flying Pig Uptown

The bar is the most important part of the hostel. And its vy convenient to have a hairdryer on every floor!nice staff as well!

Lacks a place to hang out that's not the smoking room or the bar. Other than that it's a very nice hostel.

Really solid hostel. Helpful staff, clean place, cool place to hang.

Great hostel! Walking distance to main centre. Good free breakfast and wifi. Kitchen is a wee bit small but at least there is one :) nice social area and smoking room for hanging out and meeting people.

• 7th Oct 2014
  • New Zealand

Hi there, Thanks for your great feedback! We are very happy to read you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you again soon ;) Cheers, The Flying Pig Uptown

No bed hostel

• 6th Oct 2014
  • Israel

Great atmosphere, staff very helpful, the beds were very comfortable and had a great kitchen. Only annoying thing was the amount of stairs we had to go up to get to our room. Good location, not too far from everything.

• 5th Oct 2014

Hi there, Thanks for your great review! Unfortunately the traditional architecture of the building doesn't allow us to have an elevator. But we are glad to read you had a great time with us anyway :) We hope to see you back soon! Cheers, The Flying Pig Uptown

We stay in a 4 bed room in the first floor. At the beginning I thought we would hear all the sounds and music in the bar but quitethe contrary as it was well isolated. The bathroom in our roomwas pretty clean as well as the bedroom itself. The only problem was that you couldn't open the windows and the ventilation was through the air conditioned machine. The breakfast was also quite complete and the staff really nice.

This hostel had a great vibe, great staff and a kitchen! (Proved hard to fibd kitchens in amsterdam hostels) The location is nice, out of the red light district, and right on vondelpark. No lockers in the rooms which was unfortunate, and the showers and bathrooms in the hall were waay too tiny. But amsterdam is quite cramped. Breakfast was basic but good, the bar was nice, the place seems to attract outgoing friendly people. Cool place :)

On Oct. 29 I had a reservation for that night. On checkin in , I was given a slip with the room and bed number. After leaving my luggage, I went out for a few hours. When I came back there was a dude on my bed. He refused to move from the lower bunk 4. I showed him my paper but he was rude & mean. Went downstairs and got the girl to come upstairs. I decided to take the upper bunk 1 which was empty. The girl didnt ask him to show his bed assignment. But he was so nasty , I was afraid.