Flying Pig Uptown Reviews

Vossiusstraat 46, Amsterdam, Netherlands

I had already been to flying pig uptown and i came back as it has very good atmopshere and you get the best quality for what you're paying. BUT, this time i had a problem: the room where me and a friend of mine was busy. it was a 12 people room but we were 13 inside it. When i was checking in they told me: "so you reserved a king size bed in the 12 people room". I didn't. But actually it didn't existed at all a king size bed in the 12 people room!

• 7th Apr 2014

Thank you for your review! We are happy you came back! We have a strict "1 person per bed policy" (except for our Queensized beds; they have 2 people), so there should not have been 13 people in the room! We checked your booking and you did book a Queensized bed in a 12 person dorm. There are 2 of these beds in every 12 person dorm. Next time you stay with us make sure you book single beds, or ask one of our staff to show you your bed. We hope you decide to stay again! - The Flying Pig Uptown

Very well located in Amsterdam, close to everything (opposite the Vondelpark and a few minutes of Leidsenplein). The bar is great, good beers and great music!

Thank you very much for your review! We hope you decide to stay with us again next time you are in Amsterdam! - The Flying Pig Uptown

Your typical way-too-packed chain hostel. Rooms are cramped and overpriced. Great for vacationers and springbreakers. Not so great for backpackers or solo travelers. Staff was awesome.

Thank you for your review! Even though we feel that we accommodate to almost every type of traveler we value your opinion, we are sorry you didn't enjoy yourself as much as we would've hoped. - The Flying Pig Uptown

One of the best hostels I have ever stayed in. There was awesome bar and smoking room, good bed, clean showers etc. Also the staff were really helpful - we mannaged to lost our key from lockers, key from room and lock our suitcase in wrong locker in three days of our stay - and still get nice response and help :D Flying pig is probably only hostel where you really look forward to coming back in the evening , the atmosphere is just great :)

Thank you very much for the great review! We are happy to read that you enjoyed it so much! We hope you come and stay with us again in the future! - The Flying Pig Uptown

Overall my stay at Uptown was great. I originally booked for two nights but my flight got cancelled so I was only able to stay for one night. I let them know as soon as I knew my flight was cancelled and that I would not be there but they still made me pay for that night. That is the only negative though. The place was clean and all of the staff were extremely friendly! The atmosphere was great too! It's a good place to meet people and socialize.

Thank you very much for your review! We are really glad to read you had a good stay overall! We understand that you are disappointed about the fact that you still had to pay for your first night. Unfortunately we can not take responsibility for the fact that a third company cancels a flight, and we have a 24h cancellation policy. We hope you understand. Thanks again, We hope you decide to stay with us again! - The Flying Pig Uptown

Good location, walking distance to most attractions. Good sized room, and good atmosphere at the bar

Thank you very much for your review! - The Flying Pig Uptown