Flying Pig Uptown Reviews

Vossiusstraat 46, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Your typical way-too-packed chain hostel. Rooms are cramped and overpriced. Great for vacationers and springbreakers. Not so great for backpackers or solo travelers. Staff was awesome.

Thank you for your review! Even though we feel that we accommodate to almost every type of traveler we value your opinion, we are sorry you didn't enjoy yourself as much as we would've hoped. - The Flying Pig Uptown

One of the best hostels I have ever stayed in. There was awesome bar and smoking room, good bed, clean showers etc. Also the staff were really helpful - we mannaged to lost our key from lockers, key from room and lock our suitcase in wrong locker in three days of our stay - and still get nice response and help :D Flying pig is probably only hostel where you really look forward to coming back in the evening , the atmosphere is just great :)

Thank you very much for the great review! We are happy to read that you enjoyed it so much! We hope you come and stay with us again in the future! - The Flying Pig Uptown

Overall my stay at Uptown was great. I originally booked for two nights but my flight got cancelled so I was only able to stay for one night. I let them know as soon as I knew my flight was cancelled and that I would not be there but they still made me pay for that night. That is the only negative though. The place was clean and all of the staff were extremely friendly! The atmosphere was great too! It's a good place to meet people and socialize.

Thank you very much for your review! We are really glad to read you had a good stay overall! We understand that you are disappointed about the fact that you still had to pay for your first night. Unfortunately we can not take responsibility for the fact that a third company cancels a flight, and we have a 24h cancellation policy. We hope you understand. Thanks again, We hope you decide to stay with us again! - The Flying Pig Uptown

Good location, walking distance to most attractions. Good sized room, and good atmosphere at the bar

Thank you very much for your review! - The Flying Pig Uptown

The best hostel in Amsterdam! Very clean, excellent location (near Leidseplein), gentle staff members. I liked everything =D

• 29th Mar 2014

Thank you very much for the excellent review! We are happy to read you liked everything about us! Come and see us again next time you are around! - The Flying Pig Uptown

I really enjoyed my stay here. We were so close to everything and there was a beautiful park just right across the road from the hostel. The breakfast was really good and the staff were so friendly. The shower room was a little small but other than that this place will definitely be where I stay the next time im in Amsterdam.

Thanks for the positive feedback! We look forward to welcoming you again next time! - The Flying Pig Uptown

Great stay! Everyone was really friendly and so chilled. Would definitely recommend

• 26th Mar 2014

Thank you very much! We are very happy to hear you had such a great experience! Come and stay again some day! - The Flying Pig Uptown

Really great atmosphere, decent rooms, cleanliness etc.

Thank you for your review! We hope you decide to stay with us next time you are in Amsterdam! - The Flying Pig Uptown

the only problem was the internet, it was so slow, just impossible to use it

• 17th Mar 2014
  • Russia

Thank you very much for your review! We are glad you enjoyed your stay enough to not let the fact the Internet was acting up influence your time too much. We do apologize for this fact! Thanks again, we hope you decide to stay with us again in the future! - The Flying Pig Uptown

Anytime I emailed the hostel befor arrival, they were really really helpful and friendly. :)

• 14th Mar 2014

The staff were friendly and very helpful. The atmosphere within the hostel was relaxed and comfortable and made our stay very pleasant.

• 13th Mar 2014
  • Scotland

Thank you very much for your great review! We look forward to welcoming you again next time you're in Amsterdam! - The Flying Pig Uptown

Much smaller common rooms than than: flying pig downtown, really small kitchen, better than most hostels in Amsterdam that have no common room or kitchen. Good breakfast and close to a big park that have BBQ and other actives.

Thank you very much for your review! We hope you decide to stay with us again in the future! - The Flying Pig Uptown

I thought everything was too standard except for the toilet and shower facilities. The staff were amazing though

Thank you very much for your review! We hope you come and stay with us again some day! - The Flying Pig Uptown

One of the best hostels I've stayed in! Location was superb. It's about a 10 or 15 minutes stroll from the city centre in a nice quiet area! You're not too far from bars or restaurants here. Staff were really friendly and helpful and the onsite bar had a good atmosphere! Beds were comfortable and facilities really clean every time I used them.

Thank you very much for your amazing review! We look forward to welcoming you to our hostel again! - The Flying Pig Uptown

Great place to stay! Buzzing atmosphere, Bike Rental, Smoking Room, Great Bar, Great Staff! Fun Rooms, Cool Decor, Kitchen, Nice Showers, Easy Access, Fab Location! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

Thank you very much for the great review! We hope you decide to stay with us again next time you're in Amsterdam! - The Flying Pig Uptown

The breakfast is awesome

Thank you for your review! We are very glad you enjoyed our breakfast! We hope you come and stay with us again! - The Flying Pig Uptown

Perfect balance between existing in the museum zone and having cheap beer and a "Smoking Room". Very nice staff!

Thank you for your review! We are happy you enjoyed yourself! We hope you will come and stay with us again! - The Flying Pig Uptown

Excellent hostel, great guest and great staff who are always happy to help as well as chat at the bar. Had our own bathroom in our 6 bed dorm also which was a first for me in a dorm of that size. Location is fantastic, out of the way of the main part of town so it's a bit more quiet but a quick tram or 20 minute walk will get you into the city center if you want to go there. Also had cages under the beds to lock luggage in, I never needed to lock it once!

Thank you very much for your excellent review! We look forward to welcoming you to our hostel again! - The Flying Pig Uptown

Staff and travellers so friendly, great environment!

• 3rd Mar 2014

Thank you very much for your excellent review! :) We hope you come stay with us again some time! - The Flying Pig Uptown

The flying pig is amazingly located, the staff were 100% of the time helpful and nice people and the bar/smoking area was pretty dope; i was solo travelling and i made a lot of friends there. My room was in the 4th floor so no noise would come. Toilets separated from showers and i kinda liked the idea: showers are bigger and private. Definitely staying here next time.

Thank you very much for your amazing review! We look forward to welcoming you again next time! - The Flying Pig Uptown