Footprints Hostel Reviews

25A Perak Road, Singapore, Singapore

Remarkably clean bathrooms and good high-speed internet. Breakfast is an extreme sugar hit though - sweet cereals, white bread, jam. Dining area gets very crowded at peak breakfast time. Good location less than 10 mins' walk from Bugis Station. Felt very safe at night. Expensive compared to other Asian countries but seemed reasonable for Singapore.

When I arrived I told them I wasn't staying for all the nights I booked for because I got my flight date wrong. They weren't understanding at all and made me pay for the night anyways. The location is decent but the rooms and bathrooms are disgusting. It doesn't allow for a social atmosphere because of the set up. The staff isn't welcoming or friendly at all. For one of the most advanced cities in the world I expected a much nicer hostel. I've stayed at better hostels in Cambodia

This was my first stay in a hostel, so was very skeptical before making a move. I am a cleanliness and hygiene freak. Trust me people, this hostel is upto the mark. A decent living place for budget travelers who wants to explore Singapore. The beds and washrooms are clean and tidy. Breakfast is reasonable. Strategically located, this property is easily accessible to Bugis MRT and Little India MRT. Finally, a loud shoutout of thanks to Zul, Christina and Francis for making our stay memorable.

• 10th Aug 2014
  • India
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Situated at an accessible area and the staff are really friendly.

• 7th Aug 2014
  • Malaysia

Hotel is good for stay, its ok for the money.

• 7th Aug 2014
  • Sri Lanka

keep up the good work :p

It is a good place, but definetely could be cleaner, the bathrooms are kind of dirty, they do not clean the floor on the dorms, location is good, and staff is Ok. They charge for everything, even towels.

This was an excellent hostel. The staff were brilliant and very helpful, it was clean and the communal area was always busy giving you chance to meet other travellers.

• 3rd Aug 2014

The staff were really helpful. Breakfast was as expected and little India is great to stay in while in singapore

• 2nd Aug 2014

Smelled like Indian food all the time...not nice when you just wake up!! Very dusty blankets/pillows, but overall quit clean. Nice area downstairs to hang/watch movies etc..

• 31st Jul 2014

Nothin special, just a basic hostel. abit pricey, but I guess thats singapore for ya. The receptionist when we arrive was abit up himself. maybe he was having a bad day. Breakfast is pretty plain. I dont like how you have to bring ur sheet downs, surely they can afford someone to walk up the stairs to take the sheets.

My regular hostel was full, so this was a default choice. Nothing wrong, but it lacked the friendliness and energy of my usual (Mitraa Inn). I did not care for having to make my own bed with fitted sheet and pillow case, but that is a small matter. The lockers in the room required a padlock (needed to buy) but the locking device on the locker was spoilt, so when I went to unlock in morning, it was already open but still locked. I had spent some time trying to ensure the mechanism was working.

• 31st Jul 2014

There is a niche market out there where the hostel can cater for. When overseas Singaporeans who have no accommodation in Singapore, have to return and can't afford hotel prices, should be allowed to book the hostel. After all, their home is in another country and not Singapore. There are a lot of Singaporean married foreigners and not all are rich with children holding foreign passports. I hope the hostel world will look into this. It will solve a lot of problems.

• 28th Jul 2014
  • Singapore

The Wi-Fi signal in our 8-pax family room en suite was not really good. And the air-con was quite bad. It took a long time to lower the temperature in this small room like that.

• 25th Jul 2014
  • Vietnam
  • Mixed Group, 41+

It's just a personal preference, but I don't like hostels that are overrun with large family groups. Footprints is a big hostel and it felt like one. Maybe I caught it at a bad time, but I'd try somewhere new if I went back too Singapore. All the negatives aside, the staff was very friendly and helpful. It's in a good location between Little India and Bugis MRT stops. Each are about a 5-7 minutes walking. Also, the hostel was clean and they have good coffee in the morning!

The very good thing is that they separate male and female bathrooms which is very rare in other hostels. The other good thing is that they have toasts AND cereals AND milk for breakfast. It's a very good deal compares to their price and how expensive Singapore is in SE Asia. One thing that I don't like is that we have to make our sheet and bring it back again upon check out. Not that I demand a service, but this makes me wonder how often staff does the room checking and vacuum the carpet.

Hi, Thank you for your compliments. Our house-keepers keep the rooms clean after guests check-out everyday at 12pm and our front desk staff also check the room thereafter to ensure the room and beds are clean & ready before checking in the new guests at 2pm. All heavy duty cleaning tasks are done during this time to ensure guests are not inconvenienced in any way. Our housekeepers also clean the rooms in the afternoon. All bathrooms and toilets are cleaned at least 3 times a day.

very good staff, but toilet's not clean

Would like to back to the same place on the next Singapore trip

• 18th Jul 2014
  • Malaysia

Hi, We would love to have you back anytime. September is a good time to visit Singapore due to the F1 Grand Prix. Cheers!!

Great place and price in a good location. Had a great stay, and they helped me with all my needs.

We enjoy our stay at the hostel the staff are courteous and we especially like breakfast every morning.

• 11th Jul 2014