Footprints Hostel Reviews

25A Perak Road, Singapore, Singapore

There is a niche market out there where the hostel can cater for. When overseas Singaporeans who have no accommodation in Singapore, have to return and can't afford hotel prices, should be allowed to book the hostel. After all, their home is in another country and not Singapore. There are a lot of Singaporean married foreigners and not all are rich with children holding foreign passports. I hope the hostel world will look into this. It will solve a lot of problems.

• 28th Jul 2014
  • Singapore

It's just a personal preference, but I don't like hostels that are overrun with large family groups. Footprints is a big hostel and it felt like one. Maybe I caught it at a bad time, but I'd try somewhere new if I went back too Singapore. All the negatives aside, the staff was very friendly and helpful. It's in a good location between Little India and Bugis MRT stops. Each are about a 5-7 minutes walking. Also, the hostel was clean and they have good coffee in the morning!

The very good thing is that they separate male and female bathrooms which is very rare in other hostels. The other good thing is that they have toasts AND cereals AND milk for breakfast. It's a very good deal compares to their price and how expensive Singapore is in SE Asia. One thing that I don't like is that we have to make our sheet and bring it back again upon check out. Not that I demand a service, but this makes me wonder how often staff does the room checking and vacuum the carpet.

Hi, Thank you for your compliments. Our house-keepers keep the rooms clean after guests check-out everyday at 12pm and our front desk staff also check the room thereafter to ensure the room and beds are clean & ready before checking in the new guests at 2pm. All heavy duty cleaning tasks are done during this time to ensure guests are not inconvenienced in any way. Our housekeepers also clean the rooms in the afternoon. All bathrooms and toilets are cleaned at least 3 times a day.

very good staff, but toilet's not clean

Would like to back to the same place on the next Singapore trip

• 18th Jul 2014
  • Malaysia

Hi, We would love to have you back anytime. September is a good time to visit Singapore due to the F1 Grand Prix. Cheers!!

We enjoy our stay at the hostel the staff are courteous and we especially like breakfast every morning.

• Philippines
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Hostel smells awful, bathroom and toilet not clean!!! This was an horrible experience, Singapore is awesome though

• Austria

it was a nightmare to stay at footprints!One would say that you cannot expect much for that money, but people shouting in the hall from 4 am is nothing unusual and you can hear every single word they say, as the walls are so thin. As far as the cleanliness is concerned,it was horrible as well, not only in the room that seemed not to be hoovered for months, but it was even worse in the bathroom-horrible smell and mildew everywhere!breakfast-white toast, milk, jam, peanut butter and cornflakes...

• Slovakia

Not too satisfied with our stay..

I am so thankful to have my stay at Footprints Hostel. Everything are good and we had pleasant stay. The beds are so comfortable but there are some stain at the blanket. anyway, this does not impact our stay there.. The toilet and room are clean which we are so surprise about it. Little thing to highlight the toilet hanger at our bathroom is getting rusty so maybe can change a new one.From service counter till our room everything is perfectly fine. Thanks for the prompt attentive staffs esp ZUL

• 9th Jul 2014
  • Malaysia

Lots of noise and singing people around when I was there. About 10 minutes walk to the nearest metro station. Comfy bed though. Overall okay.

We liked our stay at footprints hostel very much! IT had a Great location! Super!

• 5th Jul 2014
  • Belgium

I liked the location in little India. Only 10 min walk from metro stop and shops nearby. Great restaurants and bars all around. Smallish common room area. I didn't see a kitchen here? Good wifi and friendly staff.

the hostel is very well located in little india, close to singapore interests, clean and with a lot of information

the only thin that really disappointed us was the unfriendly staff. the was a woman, who was nice, but the dude. Man, he seems to hate his job, haven't seen him smile once.

The hostel is clean and tidy. the staffs are friendly.

• 1st Jul 2014
  • Hong Kong

Ugly hostel, can't believe they don't allow AC til night time!! Breakfast eating area/reception area not enough tables and chairs No luggage storage on check out just leave your stuff in reception near other travellers Never seen so much mold in a hostel shower before!! Showers-everything ont the floor gets wet, only hooks to put your things on-no shelves Don't look under your bed!! Who knows what filth you will find Charge $20 for a key deposit!!

Great time at Footprints.Thx for the team.

• 28th Jun 2014
  • Indonesia

Like a nightmare. The smell, OMG I still smell it and i'm 10.000 km far away now.!! its, cheap, good located. poor breakfast. old building. neighboorhood is smelly. Realy, people, this hostels smels realy realy bad. i changed my stay. no more this hostel. Singapore is awesome. Book the newer hostels (kiwi hostel for example)..

Hostel was nice, but it had some issues like Aircon was on only from evening to morning and even fan was not available at day time.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6