Footprints Hostel Reviews

25A Perak Road, Singapore, Singapore

Good location, but bathrooms should be cleaned a few times daily.

The hostel is located in Little India, which (in my opinion) isn't exactly the nicest part of Singapore, but the next subway station is not far away. The hostel itself is pretty nice, the dorms and washing rooms are ok. The dining room is not the cleanest, but it's ok for a small breakfast.

• 21st Aug 2014

Very nice cheap hostel and kind staff. Breakfast included is great, but maybe too sweet for us. We stayed one night.

• 18th Aug 2014
  • Czech Republic

Some guests lie on couch for himself, quite annoying. One of the guest told me, that she took a female room with the transexual. Please make a notice. (I didn't see them though). Breakfast is enough but quite boring. If possible: please the aircondition is on before 7 pm. As it take a while to make the room comfortable and cool.

• 17th Aug 2014
  • Indonesia

I get this hostel with very cheap price.And for that kind of price, i got what i expected. The hostel is clean,but a bit near from MRT stations. But if you smart enough you can use the bus station across the street, Bef Lim Sqr Station and you can go anywhere. Near Bugis and Little India.But i recommend you to go to this hostel from Bugis MRT. Things i don't like from this hostel is the air conditioner only running until 10am. and start running again in 7pm. But again, this hostel is very cheap

Remarkably clean bathrooms and good high-speed internet. Breakfast is an extreme sugar hit though - sweet cereals, white bread, jam. Dining area gets very crowded at peak breakfast time. Good location less than 10 mins' walk from Bugis Station. Felt very safe at night. Expensive compared to other Asian countries but seemed reasonable for Singapore.

When I arrived I told them I wasn't staying for all the nights I booked for because I got my flight date wrong. They weren't understanding at all and made me pay for the night anyways. The location is decent but the rooms and bathrooms are disgusting. It doesn't allow for a social atmosphere because of the set up. The staff isn't welcoming or friendly at all. For one of the most advanced cities in the world I expected a much nicer hostel. I've stayed at better hostels in Cambodia

Hi Thank you for your feedback. We note your comments and wish to highlight again that we have a 3 day cancellation policy for notification. After making your reservation with our hostel and realising that you have got your flight date wrong, you could have informed us immediately after instead of waiting till the check in day to cancel the 2nd night. We would have waived the 2nd night if you had informed us earlier.

This was my first stay in a hostel, so was very skeptical before making a move. I am a cleanliness and hygiene freak. Trust me people, this hostel is upto the mark. A decent living place for budget travelers who wants to explore Singapore. The beds and washrooms are clean and tidy. Breakfast is reasonable. Strategically located, this property is easily accessible to Bugis MRT and Little India MRT. Finally, a loud shoutout of thanks to Zul, Christina and Francis for making our stay memorable.

• 10th Aug 2014
  • India
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Hi, Thank you guys for a great review. We are glad your group of 6 enjoyed your stay at our hostel. Do pop by and visit us soon if you happen to come Singapore again. Besides the Jurong Birdpark, I believe you all will truly enjoy a day out at our Zoo or the Night Safari the next time. Cheers from, Zul, Christina & Francis

Situated at an accessible area and the staff are really friendly.

• 7th Aug 2014
  • Malaysia

Hotel is good for stay, its ok for the money.

• 7th Aug 2014
  • Sri Lanka

keep up the good work :p

We were initially placed in a room with a bunch of noisy snorers resulting in a terrible nights sleep. We asked the reception if we could move room and we were upgraded free of charge to an all female room, which was excellent. The staff were really friendly and helpful.

It is a good place, but definetely could be cleaner, the bathrooms are kind of dirty, they do not clean the floor on the dorms, location is good, and staff is Ok. They charge for everything, even towels.

Hi, Thank you for your feedback. The bathrooms are cleaned at least 3 times a day and the dorms, beds including floor, are cleaned twice daily. If the cleanliness in the rooms do not meet your standards, please let us know immediately and we can get our housekeepers to clean the rooms again. Fyi, we only charge for towels @$2 & laundry. We do not charge for anything else. Some items are on loan & we do collect a deposit but guest get their full deposit back once they return the item.

This was an excellent hostel. The staff were brilliant and very helpful, it was clean and the communal area was always busy giving you chance to meet other travellers.

• 3rd Aug 2014

The staff were really helpful. Breakfast was as expected and little India is great to stay in while in singapore

• 2nd Aug 2014

Smelled like Indian food all the time...not nice when you just wake up!! Very dusty blankets/pillows, but overall quit clean. Nice area downstairs to hang/watch movies etc..

• 31st Jul 2014

Nothin special, just a basic hostel. abit pricey, but I guess thats singapore for ya. The receptionist when we arrive was abit up himself. maybe he was having a bad day. Breakfast is pretty plain. I dont like how you have to bring ur sheet downs, surely they can afford someone to walk up the stairs to take the sheets.

My regular hostel was full, so this was a default choice. Nothing wrong, but it lacked the friendliness and energy of my usual (Mitraa Inn). I did not care for having to make my own bed with fitted sheet and pillow case, but that is a small matter. The lockers in the room required a padlock (needed to buy) but the locking device on the locker was spoilt, so when I went to unlock in morning, it was already open but still locked. I had spent some time trying to ensure the mechanism was working.

• 31st Jul 2014

There is a niche market out there where the hostel can cater for. When overseas Singaporeans who have no accommodation in Singapore, have to return and can't afford hotel prices, should be allowed to book the hostel. After all, their home is in another country and not Singapore. There are a lot of Singaporean married foreigners and not all are rich with children holding foreign passports. I hope the hostel world will look into this. It will solve a lot of problems.

• 28th Jul 2014
  • Singapore

The Wi-Fi signal in our 8-pax family room en suite was not really good. And the air-con was quite bad. It took a long time to lower the temperature in this small room like that.

• 25th Jul 2014