Footprints Hostel Reviews

25A Perak Road, Singapore, Singapore

The staff were really helpful. Breakfast was as expected and little India is great to stay in while in singapore

• 2nd Aug 2014

Smelled like Indian food all the time...not nice when you just wake up!! Very dusty blankets/pillows, but overall quit clean. Nice area downstairs to hang/watch movies etc..

• 31st Jul 2014

Nothin special, just a basic hostel. abit pricey, but I guess thats singapore for ya. The receptionist when we arrive was abit up himself. maybe he was having a bad day. Breakfast is pretty plain. I dont like how you have to bring ur sheet downs, surely they can afford someone to walk up the stairs to take the sheets.

My regular hostel was full, so this was a default choice. Nothing wrong, but it lacked the friendliness and energy of my usual (Mitraa Inn). I did not care for having to make my own bed with fitted sheet and pillow case, but that is a small matter. The lockers in the room required a padlock (needed to buy) but the locking device on the locker was spoilt, so when I went to unlock in morning, it was already open but still locked. I had spent some time trying to ensure the mechanism was working.

• 31st Jul 2014

There is a niche market out there where the hostel can cater for. When overseas Singaporeans who have no accommodation in Singapore, have to return and can't afford hotel prices, should be allowed to book the hostel. After all, their home is in another country and not Singapore. There are a lot of Singaporean married foreigners and not all are rich with children holding foreign passports. I hope the hostel world will look into this. It will solve a lot of problems.

• 28th Jul 2014
  • Singapore

The Wi-Fi signal in our 8-pax family room en suite was not really good. And the air-con was quite bad. It took a long time to lower the temperature in this small room like that.

• 25th Jul 2014
  • Vietnam
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Friendly staff, good location and good facilities. We stayed at a mixed dorm and cleaning before/after news guests arrive would have been a good idea. Our room smelled and it could use some airing out in the middle of the day. Also, since it's a huge hostel, guests come and go in the middle of the night so it's hard to sleep. Maybe different if you stay in private room of course. Toilet/bathroom are excellent and a major plus for the free hairdryer. Good free breakfast though!

It's just a personal preference, but I don't like hostels that are overrun with large family groups. Footprints is a big hostel and it felt like one. Maybe I caught it at a bad time, but I'd try somewhere new if I went back too Singapore. All the negatives aside, the staff was very friendly and helpful. It's in a good location between Little India and Bugis MRT stops. Each are about a 5-7 minutes walking. Also, the hostel was clean and they have good coffee in the morning!

The very good thing is that they separate male and female bathrooms which is very rare in other hostels. The other good thing is that they have toasts AND cereals AND milk for breakfast. It's a very good deal compares to their price and how expensive Singapore is in SE Asia. One thing that I don't like is that we have to make our sheet and bring it back again upon check out. Not that I demand a service, but this makes me wonder how often staff does the room checking and vacuum the carpet.

Hi, Thank you for your compliments. Our house-keepers keep the rooms clean after guests check-out everyday at 12pm and our front desk staff also check the room thereafter to ensure the room and beds are clean & ready before checking in the new guests at 2pm. All heavy duty cleaning tasks are done during this time to ensure guests are not inconvenienced in any way. Our housekeepers also clean the rooms in the afternoon. All bathrooms and toilets are cleaned at least 3 times a day.

very good staff, but toilet's not clean

Would like to back to the same place on the next Singapore trip

• 18th Jul 2014
  • Malaysia

Hi, We would love to have you back anytime. September is a good time to visit Singapore due to the F1 Grand Prix. Cheers!!

Great place and price in a good location. Had a great stay, and they helped me with all my needs.

We enjoy our stay at the hostel the staff are courteous and we especially like breakfast every morning.

• Philippines
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Hostel smells awful, bathroom and toilet not clean!!! This was an horrible experience, Singapore is awesome though

• Austria

it was a nightmare to stay at footprints!One would say that you cannot expect much for that money, but people shouting in the hall from 4 am is nothing unusual and you can hear every single word they say, as the walls are so thin. As far as the cleanliness is concerned,it was horrible as well, not only in the room that seemed not to be hoovered for months, but it was even worse in the bathroom-horrible smell and mildew everywhere!breakfast-white toast, milk, jam, peanut butter and cornflakes...

• Slovakia

Not too satisfied with our stay..

I am so thankful to have my stay at Footprints Hostel. Everything are good and we had pleasant stay. The beds are so comfortable but there are some stain at the blanket. anyway, this does not impact our stay there.. The toilet and room are clean which we are so surprise about it. Little thing to highlight the toilet hanger at our bathroom is getting rusty so maybe can change a new one.From service counter till our room everything is perfectly fine. Thanks for the prompt attentive staffs esp ZUL

• 9th Jul 2014
  • Malaysia

Lots of noise and singing people around when I was there. About 10 minutes walk to the nearest metro station. Comfy bed though. Overall okay.

We liked our stay at footprints hostel very much! IT had a Great location! Super!

• 5th Jul 2014
  • Belgium

I liked the location in little India. Only 10 min walk from metro stop and shops nearby. Great restaurants and bars all around. Smallish common room area. I didn't see a kitchen here? Good wifi and friendly staff.