Footprints Reviews

Otres Beach 2, Sihanoukville, Cambodia

Owner was nice! Fairly clean and good social setting. No AC in dorm rooms. Great secluded beach location

Absolutely awesome place to stay!!! I was booked in for 3 nights and ended staying nearly 2 weeks.. Really cool staff, amazing food, lovely beach bar with good tunes playing! Would recommend staying there to anyone! BEACH LIFE!!!!!!!! Enjoy- Richard..

Had a great time at footprints. We happened to arrive on the opening night of the local market which was great fun. Right on the beach and the beds were very comfortable. Every person gets there own fan which is awesome. They have tons of movies on the tv you can watch whenever and the food is great. I even left my speaker there and when I returned several days later it was right where I had left it. Would definitely recommend!

Good location, not in the center but you can reach their with a 40 min walking trought the beach! Best local to see the sun set.

Got shown to my room and staff noticed there was no fan said he'd sort it. Then I went out for the evening. Came backing hoping to have a fan, still no fan, and no one obvious around to tell. In the morning I asked for some money back as I paid a lot and got no fan at all...to which staff said it was my fault I didn't have one. After a bit of an argument I got some money back but felt I was spoken to in a very rude manner. Told the fans were in boxes outside (not installed...not much use).

We had a nice time overall staying in the well equipped beach hut. The area was very peaceful and nice to relax in. However, we did find the staff would offer only the bare minimum of service. Some didn't even acknowledge us at all. It made sitting at the bar awkward and uncomfortable at times as the staff are a big group of friends who didn't seem overly keen on us being around.

Dorms have a lock on the door, but staff refuse to give you keys, so you're obligated to leave the dorm unlocked at all times. My makeup was stolen. I told reception and he just shrugged it off, suggesting it had been someone staying in my dorm, but it was only me and my friends. It is obvious it was someone who works there. Staff is not only unfriendly and unwelcoming, but also perpetually drunk and/or high. One guy would drink cheap whiskey from 9am, and was inappropriate and annoying.

Loved our stay here!! Jimmy and seans bar is the best and really made our stay amazing. The beach is gorgeous and everyone is so friendly and awesome. Would definitley stay here again.

Great hostel if you've been travelling for a while and need a little break. Very chilled atmosphere when I stayed there in low season. There's a bar/restaurant which does good food and comfortable couches for lounging out in front of the TV. Quite far away from the centre of town but right on the beach and there are other bars/restaurants close by if you need a change of scene. Safety box in the room to keep valuables safe and decent wifi and air con. No hot water but very low price for the room

Although the location isn't very central this is a lovely hostel with a great atmosphere. Food was good and the staff were lovely, helpful and informative. Great place to stay if you're looking for some quiet beach time. When I visited the water cut out for about 5 hours which was inconvenient but out of the hostels control. Beds were comfortable and mosquito nets are provided. Overall a lovely homely hostel with a good friendly atmosphere.

View all Sihanoukville Hostels