Footprints Reviews

Otres Beach 2, Sihanoukville, Cambodia

Very beautiful location! It is about a 15 min tuk tuk ride from town but I came for a relaxing beach break so it was perfect! I had a private bungalow with bathroom and was very comfortable. Lots of room to relax on the couches, tables and chairs inside and at the beach front. Loved the morning yoga as well! Will definitely stay again!

• 24th Jan 2015

This is the coldest and least friendly place i have been in asia. The cambodjan staff are really miserable and the western staff are even worse. And the idea of having a boxing gym attached to the bottom of the dorms, which when it was being used shook the whole building, is absolutely stupid. Overall a miserable place full of miserable people.

Great place!

• 20th Jan 2015

This is the least secure place I have ever stayed and the owner doesn't care enough to implement any changes. You are just warned stuff gets stolen! The Maintenance is poor. The kitchen turns out some good food so that redeemed it a little and they offer a well priced boat trip which was cool. I had fun here but I probably wouldn't chose this again if I came back this way.

Things got stolen from our room. The staff could not have cared less. They did not have any overview if you'd paid for your bed or not and really could not answer any of the questions relating to the hostel or the tours offering (I.e what bus company they used to Siem reap). Otres 2 is beautiful though.

Great location. Nice room.

I don't know how this hostel has such a high rating. The beach and setting is lovely. But the hostel is very dirty, the sheets are not very clean with bed bug bite marks all over them. They have a problem with bed bugs in the dorms which they seem to fail to acknowledge, which I presume will get much worse if left. The bathrooms are very dirty and the staff are friendly, but are very disorganised. Left covered in bed bug bites and a severe sickeness bug. It's a shame, could be a great place.

By far the most redeeming quality of this place is the location. Otres 2 is awesome (make sure you know this is outside of Sihanoukville proper). If lounging on the beach all day and drinking at the beach at night is your thing, it's the spot to be. Next door is Sam's Beach Bar, which has seafood bbq at 6pm that cannot be missed. However, the staff was hit and miss...mostly miss. There's a couple staffers that seem to be keeping the place going, the rest just get too drunk and act like asses

Location and setup with the beach bar is incredible. The staff is very cool and approchable, but at the same incredibly disorganized. If you're looking for good service and a comfortable stay, do not come here!! But if you just want to hang out a few days and meet lots of cool people, you might end up staying longer than expected...

Booked 1 night ended up staying for a week. The hostel has the most amazing setting, the sun sets perfectly everyday infront of the beach. We stayed in the garden beds for 5 dollars a night, though it had no privacy it was perfect there was a constant sea breeze that kept me cool. The bar serves good drinks and good music, the kitchen is serves great food and the Swedish guy puts on a BBQ twice a week which is amazing, garlic butter so good. There's a boat trip for $15 do it!

I loved this place. Great value and right close to the beach. The staff were all great and we got along brilliantly. I will be returning when I come back to Cambodia for sure! 👣👣👣

We stayed here over Christmas and it was amazing! It's right on Otres 2 beach which is really quiet and chilled if that's what you're looking for. On Christmas Day there was a Christmas dinner for everyone to eat together and Christmas films on the TV all day. The beach bar sometimes has live music and the selection of films on the TV was great! Only issue was sometimes the staff were quite lazy and there was rarely anyone at the reception although if you hang around someone usually appeared.

If you want to relax in paradise with like -minded travelers than look no further than footprints. Quite literally sitting on the beach with a little bamboo and straw bar and the most incredibly friendly/accommodating staff. Beautiful people and beautiful surrounds. It's nirvana.

Nice Place, friendly staff and Good Food. Perfect if you just want to hang around or have some drinks at the bar. As a solo female traveller i would not recommend to stay on otres 2 because its pretty far away from everything. Its a 20min ride through the dark countryside alone and i didn't feel comfortable about that. Noisey all Day because of loud Music at the Bar and many "Sellers" at the Beach which is annoying. Too expensive for fan only, cold water and non-working wifi...

Stayed here only one night instead of two. There were bedbugs in our beds and the bathroom was quite dirty (there was brownish water coming out of the sink). When we asked our money back for the second night, the staff was friendly and helpful (but I think they didn't wrote down the complaint)

• 18th Dec 2014

Great if you want a party and to be surrounded by people on comedowns everyday. Felt very claustrophobic and on top of each other. Not directly on the beach and can get a much better place if you look around, with more privacy. A few staff were good, but didn't seem to have a proper manager, more like a youth club. From sitting in the bar for 30mins I saw one member have a breakdown (that's me politely saying a tantrum) and another 'off his face' both apparently on shift. Never again!

• 13th Dec 2014

I stayed for 2 nights at Footprints, the atmosphere is very relaxing, very close to the beach, almost a private beach (otres beach 2) The staff was friendly.

Owner was nice! Fairly clean and good social setting. No AC in dorm rooms. Great secluded beach location

Absolutely awesome place to stay!!! I was booked in for 3 nights and ended staying nearly 2 weeks.. Really cool staff, amazing food, lovely beach bar with good tunes playing! Would recommend staying there to anyone! BEACH LIFE!!!!!!!! Enjoy- Richard..

Had a great time at footprints. We happened to arrive on the opening night of the local market which was great fun. Right on the beach and the beds were very comfortable. Every person gets there own fan which is awesome. They have tons of movies on the tv you can watch whenever and the food is great. I even left my speaker there and when I returned several days later it was right where I had left it. Would definitely recommend!

View all Sihanoukville Hostels