Forest Patong Hotel Reviews

46/27-29 , Soi.Kongbangwat pisitkorranee Road, Patong Beach, Phuket, Thailand

Great, friendly staff, nice food available at the restaurant, and met some great people whilst staying here. For the value for money the 20 minute walk to the beach is easily overlooked.

Great, budget room. Nice size and huge comfy bed! We had come from a bamboo shack with no air con so it felt like the ritz on arrival! The shower flooded the whole bathroom when on the hook. The bathroom floor could have been a little cleaner. About a 15/20 min walk to patong beach, and not a particularly pretty (and quite smelly) walk... But for the price we would definitely stay here again. Good wifi, friendly reception, good aircon. We had no balcony in our room however which wasn't ideal.

More of a hotel than a hostel. Some of the staff where great and informative, however a couple of them made you feel like a burden asking a question before saying to come back a different time (when they weren't there). Uncomfortable beds (felt like I was sleeping on the floor), but good for overall money spent. Takes 30 min'ish walk to town or 200b to get a Tuktuk. In the outskirts so feels you're in a Thai community which was pretty cool.

• 16th Jan 2016

The manager of this hotel is very rude and a hypocrite. The staff hardly understands and speaks any English, including the manager who booked a tour for us, which we didn't asked for. After I refused paying for it, she pissed off and treated us in a very unfriendly manner. When I asked at the reception to call a tour operator (because our taxi was late), she refused and told me they would charge us 20 baht per min. Our room was located just above the kitchen with no window and it was smelly.

Very helpful staff and rooms were nice

A little far away but the rooms are amazing for what you pay. Staff are lovely. Throughly recommend

Very friendly and hard working hosts who kindly assisted with tour bookings and transfers. Hostel within walking distance of the main drag but far enough away to be relaxing and no noise at night. Room with balcony to observe the constant thrum of activity below. Stocked bar fridge in room. Pool table, bar and outdoor dining on ground floor big positives. Convenience store right next door for anything you need.

Nice place to stay, about a 20 min walk from the beach (where all the shops, restaurants etc are)

Wonderful staff, they were so helpful and made our stay even more enjoyable. They helped us book our ferry to Railay Beach and arranged the shuttle for us... so easy! Location is good, a short walk to the beach plus there are excellent food stands next door. The rooms were clean and much nicer than I expected, we had a private room and we felt like we were in a posh hotel!

The rooms were very clean and staff were friendly. The only problem is the location really, where it is almost a 30 minute walk into central Patong Beach area. if you're willing to get a scooter I guess it would be ok, but we were a bit nervous in the busy Phuket traffic

My boyfriend and I stayed in a double room which was very comfortable and the staff were quite friendly. We added an extra night which wasn't a problem and were pleased with the experience.

For the value of money this place is amazing. .it's like a proper hotel. ..for backpacker s. Is not a place to meet people tho cause there's more couples there but it's still nice place to stay. . Is about 20 min walk from the main patong area in a nice quiet place. .. the beds are good and very comfortable. .would definitely recommend if you wanna stay away from all the noisy and crazy party area in Patong...

Had an awesome time here, really worth your money! The staff were just amazing, really wished I stayed longer.

• 18th Nov 2015
  • Thailand

Great staff and amazing facilities. Only a little bit too far from the beach, but it is not a long walk. I would definitely recomend it!

Super friendly staff - the two ladies at reception are amazing. The food at the hotel is great too. It's not right in the centre but for the price it's great. I had a room to myself with two large beds, a wide screen TV and an en-suite with bath, shower and toilet. Was only here for one night but if i visited phuket again i would stay again!

Excellent hotel, great value for money, friendly staff, nice relaxed and quiet location. We rented a scooter from the hotel and explored the whole island!

• 7th Nov 2015

The hotel was OK and the staff polite, however their tour service was horrible. DO NOT book anything with them. I arranged a minibus transfer to Khao Lak, and they picked me at 12.30 as promised, after going around Patong,Phuket town and who knows what else, I'm dropped at the local bus station at 14.10 to take a normal bus to Khao Lak. To make it even funnier, later I found out that there was a bus at 14, but I had to wait until 15.30 to leave. All this without any kind of info from the driver

Very good and pleasent hotel. Great value for money

We had a great stay in this hostel! The staff was extremely friendly and, while not directly in downtown Phuket, we enjoyed the short walk into town. Highly recommend!

One lady on reception was always smiling very helpful and kind. Didn't get the bedroom made up everyday which was little annoying as we had no loo roll & dirty towels. Food was nice, location is good but you have to get a taxi or hire a bike to get to the beach and town...