Formosa 101 Reviews

No. 115, Section 2, Jilong(Keelung) Rd, Xinyi District, Taipei, Taiwan

Clean rooms, shoes left at the door. 10 minute walk from 101 station. easy to find (not in an alley). Super friendly staff. Comfortable common area. High security- building guard, RFID access cards that open front door and personal locker. Free wifi. Toilets pretty clean, but of the low pressure variety (toilet paper goes in garbage can), and in a non a/c area. Washer and dryer are a bit old. These are very minor gripes, though.

• 24th Jul 2014

Formosa 101 is the best hostel I have ever stayed in my life! First of all, the staff are very helpful. They can give you advice on where to go for sightseeing and nightlife. It seems that they are doing a lot of research to fulfill their client's demand. Second, the facilities are very clean and the security is great as well. Most importantly, the atmosphere is really good, and I made friends easily. At the beginning, I was planning to leave Taiwan in a few days but decided to stay for 2 weeks.

• 22nd Jul 2014
  • Japan

This hostel was great. I've stayed at a number of hostels in Asia and, considering the downtown location, this one couldn't have been much better. Clean rooms, friendly staff, good value for money. I would have docked them for not having a pay bar so people can socialize more easily, but that's almost impossible considering their real estate, so I give them near full marks.

• 18th Jul 2014

I booked here for 3 nights and ended up staying the whole month! Very clean and cosy, this hostel made me feel at home. Conveniently located across the street from the Tonghua night market, the bus stop is outside the door, mrt station 10 mins walk and walking distance to many of Taipei's attractions. The staff, Vanessa and Koke are always always available to provide assistance and recommendations. Laundry facilities, lockers, towel rental and kitchen facilities are available.

I stayed in this hostel for 3 nights. I thought it was so clean and staffs were so good. they can speak English very well, so I didn't feel any irritation about language. this hostel was 10-minute walk from the nearest station. it's not so far, and the night market is near from the hostel. it was good.

• 7th Jul 2014
  • Japan
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Great place to stay.

Great hostel! It's a good location to walk around and experience Taupei. The staff is also very friend and very helpful too. The atmosphere is also great to meet people. Awesome place to stay!

• 5th Jul 2014

It was a great stay in Formosa 101. Nearest station is 15mins away. The bad thg was the toilet was kinda dirty.

• 5th Jul 2014
  • Malaysia
  • All Male Group, 18-24

I absolutely loved this hostel. Hosts were great! I got in late but the male host left my keycard with the security downstairs. He recommended places to visit, and I was able to get to each of them in 1 day using the MRT! When I was leaving to go to Taichung, the female host made sure I knew how to get to the bus stop and even called me after I left to make sure I had arrived to my destination. Incredible people! Many fellow travelers said this was their favorite hostel they had ever stayed in.

I had a fantastic time at Formosa 101. Vanessa and her staff were very helpful in providing restaurant recommendations, helping me understand bus transit to the airport, and being available to answer any and all questions. Clean facilities, close location to two different metro stops, and great location in the heart of Taipei. I will be staying here again when I return.

This is my very first time staying at this place and I have to say that this place is worth the money I have spent. This place has all the facilities you require during oversea staying; laundry, kitchen and nice living room. I didn't really have much chance to mingle with the staffs that much since I travel out most of the time but just a few of them I had a small chat prove me that they are very useful and of course speak good English as well...

• 30th Jun 2014
  • Thailand

Everything about Formosa 101 was great, except for the fact that it is a bit small and quiet in the common areas. It feels that if you are there with a friend, you are taking up too much space, or making too much noise, or that other people are making too much noise, etc. This is a minor flaw though; overall we were very happy.

Great Hostel! Vanessa and Coke (This is how his name is pronounced, although I'm not sure how to spell it.) This hostel is very clean and the front desk staff is always willing to give you directions. There is a great market across the street that you can grab great food at any time of the day or night. The hostel is also conveniently located near Taipei 101 and the MRT station.

Very very Nice and lovely place! Will stay here again once i come to taipei!

• 28th Jun 2014
  • Hong Kong

The hostel was not the best than i was expecting. and there was no information about the breafast etc. But the location was quite nice. It was walty about value for money. If you want to stay neat Taipei101 it would be good choice.

Formosa 101 was great! It's super close to the subway and the Taipei 101 building. The staff are super nice and helpful. Just a heads up things like towels are extra. But the room we had was great. We had a private bathroom and two double beds, for four girls it was perfect. I highly recommend this place.

Great, very friendly hostel. Would go there again.

Highly highly recommend!! The staff are great!

• 13th Jun 2014
  • New Zealand

great place, nice workers.

• 6th Jun 2014
  • Taiwan

The accomadation is quite nice.

• 4th Jun 2014