Formosa 101 Reviews

No. 115, Section 2, Jilong(Keelung) Rd, Xinyi District, Taipei, Taiwan

Great place to meet fellow travelers.

I loved staying at this hostel! It has a great environment and very friendly and helpful staff. I ended up rebooking for later in my trip. The only thing that could be improved are the showers and sinks which are rather small and can easily feel overcrowded.

Coke was happy to do the above-and-beyond stuff, like helping me find out more information about an event I noticed occurring while I was walking around Taipei. The whole place is more than comfortable; it has a nice vibe and sense of design to it. Location's as central as you could want.

• 10th Aug 2014

离台北101很近,方便购物。旅舍里超多外国友人,前台服务都超贴心哦,推荐~只是洗浴方面如果有更多如洗具毛巾提供就更好啦!

• 9th Aug 2014
  • China

①場所が便利です。101の近くで、二つの地下鉄の線です。どこへ遊びにいくにも、ここを基点にするのが一番効率がいいと思います。空港へ行くには、徒歩15分のグランドハイアットホテルより直通のバスが出てます。②付近でめちゃうまの台湾料理が食べれます。信号渡ったところに夜市があります。夜市以外にもたくさんレストランがあり、ちまき、排骨飯、牛肉麺がオススメです。どれもオーナーが教えてくれたところです。聞いてみてください。③設備が新しいです。昨年の12月にオープンしたとこです。トイレだけ新しくはありませんが、とても清潔です。④スタッフが親切です。キュウフンの行き方とか、何か質問があれば常駐のコーラくんに聞いてください。何でも真摯に答えてくれます。わかんない質問も一緒に悩んでくれます。⑤友達ができます。お客さんは一人ないし少人数のグループであることが多く、世界中から(特にヨーロッパから)やって来ます。仲良くなって一緒に出掛けましょう。

• 6th Aug 2014
  • Japan

The location is good. And the staff there are very kind and warmhearted.

• 5th Aug 2014
  • China

The location of this hostel is perfect: convenient transit access and close too all the fun nightlife. The lounge is a great place to hang out, and the staff is so helpful and knowledgeable. The only downside is that the bathrooms are outside, and that's a real drag in the Taipei summer. Otherwise, no complaints!

I really loved this hostel. I already miss them. You can take communication with somebody like people stay at, or staff when you are in public space like living room. It was so fun, and they are all great interesting people;)

• 4th Aug 2014
  • Japan

I have been to Taipei several times and I must say that Formosa 101 is the best hostel that I have stayed in the city. Located right near the Taipei 101, the hostel is extremely convenient to access night markets and bars nearby. It also lies on the red line of the Taipei MRT, in which most landmarks in Taipei are located on. The staff here are very friendly and very helpful. Overall, my experience at Formosa 101 have made my experience in Taipei went beyond expectations.

• 2nd Aug 2014

저는 Formosa 101과 다른 타이베이의 호스텔을 비교해서 평가할 수는 없습니다. 하지만 당신이 이곳을 선택한다면 짧은 여행에 짜릿한 추억을 만드는데 도움이 될것이라 생각합니다. Formosa 101은 Taipei 101 Station 가까이 있어 교통이 편리합니다. 숙소에서 역까지 버스로 이동할 수도 있습니다. 숙소의 스탭들은 다름 타이완 사람들처럼 친절을 배풀어 줄 것입니다. 나는 이번 여행기간동안 3일을 이곳에서 보냈고 마지막 하루 다시 이곳을 선택하였습니다. 무엇보다 시먼딩과 같은 타이베이의 다른 관광지에서 숙소까지 200위안 정도면 심야에도 택시를 이용해 복귀할 수 있습니다. 날마다 다르겠지만 다양한 국가의 친구들도 만날 수 있습니다. Formosa 101을 추천합니다.

great hostel in a great location near taipei101, night market, and metro stop. the staff are very friendly and the common room is a great space to meet other travellers. the only thing i didnt love was that the bathrooms and showers were mixed gender, but other than that, the place is great!

Friendly staff, comfortable room, we five girls had originally booked the dorm for 10 females, but you've kindly changed a better room with bathroom for just five of us, for that, thank you so much. Thank you for everything. Bye, Taipei, Hope to see you again.

Clean rooms, shoes left at the door. 10 minute walk from 101 station. easy to find (not in an alley). Super friendly staff. Comfortable common area. High security- building guard, RFID access cards that open front door and personal locker. Free wifi. Toilets pretty clean, but of the low pressure variety (toilet paper goes in garbage can), and in a non a/c area. Washer and dryer are a bit old. These are very minor gripes, though.

• 24th Jul 2014

Formosa 101 is the best hostel I have ever stayed in my life! First of all, the staff are very helpful. They can give you advice on where to go for sightseeing and nightlife. It seems that they are doing a lot of research to fulfill their client's demand. Second, the facilities are very clean and the security is great as well. Most importantly, the atmosphere is really good, and I made friends easily. At the beginning, I was planning to leave Taiwan in a few days but decided to stay for 2 weeks.

• 22nd Jul 2014
  • Japan

Great hostel, nice clean rooms with great layout and furnishing, friendly staff. Easy to find and within a short walking distance from the Taipei 101 area. The room I stayed in seemed to have quite thin walls, so I could hear the people in the room next door. However, this wasn't so much of a problem for me as I'm a deep sleeper.

This hostel was great. I've stayed at a number of hostels in Asia and, considering the downtown location, this one couldn't have been much better. Clean rooms, friendly staff, good value for money. I would have docked them for not having a pay bar so people can socialize more easily, but that's almost impossible considering their real estate, so I give them near full marks.

• 18th Jul 2014

I booked here for 3 nights and ended up staying the whole month! Very clean and cosy, this hostel made me feel at home. Conveniently located across the street from the Tonghua night market, the bus stop is outside the door, mrt station 10 mins walk and walking distance to many of Taipei's attractions. The staff, Vanessa and Koke are always always available to provide assistance and recommendations. Laundry facilities, lockers, towel rental and kitchen facilities are available.

I stayed in this hostel for 3 nights. I thought it was so clean and staffs were so good. they can speak English very well, so I didn't feel any irritation about language. this hostel was 10-minute walk from the nearest station. it's not so far, and the night market is near from the hostel. it was good.

• 7th Jul 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Great place to stay.

Great hostel! It's a good location to walk around and experience Taupei. The staff is also very friend and very helpful too. The atmosphere is also great to meet people. Awesome place to stay!

• 5th Jul 2014