Formosa 101 Reviews

No. 115, Section 2, Jilong(Keelung) Rd, Xinyi District, Taipei, Taiwan

Pretty good social atmosphere to meet other travelers. Staff is very friendly. The ockers are big enough to fit in a large backpack.

I did enjoy my stay. and I'll be back definitely.

MRT 101-station 15 minutes walk. Nice, helpfull staff with lots of info. Dorms are a bit crampy (next bed on 50 cm distance) Reading lights in dorm are too bright. The whole dorm is lit when some one is reading! But the lockers are great. The only 2 toilets are in the back of the building. No english news channel on large tv. Breakfast too late: only after 08.30. Towels for rent? Come on, why not included for this price? Laundry machine and dryer are good & clean.

Dear friend, thanks very much for your comment. There are some misunderstanding. There are 4 toilets, not 2. Next to the TV (attached on the wall) is the list of all English channels: 26 English, including HBO, CNN, BBC, MTV, FOX etc etc... Also, the breakfast starts from 8am, not 8:30am. Our website and Hostelworld clearly describes our towel rental policy: unlike hotels or motels, we do not provide free towels (please keep in mind: cost of rental is 0.8 Euro). Thanks for visiting us!

The staffs are the nicest staffs I ever encountered throughout my experiences in staying in hostels. The bathroom is sometime smelly (it smell nice most of the time).

• 19th Apr 2015
  • Thailand

I've stayed here for one week. The hostel stuffs were really friendly. When I stayed in Taipei for the last night. I decided to check out to stay in the Songshan Airport for the whole night. Unfortunately, the airport closed at night!!! I had nowhere to go but came back to the hostel with no room left.But the stuff was so nice that allow me to sleep in the sofa for the night. Thank you! Really love u guys!

Everything was great at Formosa 101. It was clean and the staff were very friendly and helpful. Couldn't ask for more, 5 stars!

• 11th Apr 2015

location was good. very close to the tonghua at night market. staff was extremely polite and friendly. I'm not sure if it was just an off weekend but the place seemed really empty. not the usually lively hostel feel. but overall, I would definitely recommend!

A staff named Ann is so warm-hearted. I like to talk to her and ask her questions about travel in Taibei, and she is always patient to answer my questions. She made me feel at ease here. I like Formosa 101 because I met two funny guys who became my travelling companions. I spent a very happy time at Formosa 101.

My stay was great, the hostel space, atmosphere and location in Taipei were all perfect, and the staff was very friendly. I appreciated how English friendly and accommodating the hostel was, because I have no Chinese language skills at all and my stay was wonderful.

• 4th Apr 2015

Location is great. Reasonable distance from MRT station, and there's a night market nearby. I can easily say this is one of my best stays in a hostel, because of the friendly and helpful staff there. Not just he provided good suggestions on where to visit/eat/drink, he has also very thoughtful. This guy was off work when I have arrived. He left the key card and a small hand drawn map to the doorman. This has never happened when I arrive late in other hostels. The atmosphere is very good too.

Great location and competent staff. It's clean, quiet, the lockers are large and the wifi/internet connection is pretty good. The facilities are decent, but the mattresses could be better.

Hostel is in very ideal location near taipei 101, nightmarkets, clubs, bars. Hostel staff were very very friendly. I would like to recommended to other bagpackers

Very helpful staff, Massive lockers, good location (not 15 min walking to the closest Metro station, and very good if you have to go to the airport). Lots of facilities.

Its location is right in the heart of the city about 5-10 minutes walk to Taipei 101 and World Trade Center (mrt station too) and the staff are very friendly and accommodating. It's a perfect place to meet other travelers too and make new friends. Thanks Formosa 101 we had a wonderful time!

• 23rd Mar 2015
  • Philippines

Water dispensing machine was down throughout our stay there :(

U guys are perfect!!!!!very helpfull, Nice and good english!!

It's perfect location and 5 min walk to MTR taipei 101, lots of restaurants on the same street, the Night Market is across the street. Vanessa and Coke were very friendly and gave me several suggestions on what to visit, basically she planned my day. I really enjoyed my time here and was my first time in a female dorm as solo traveler. I met some nice people and would love to come back.

Formosa 101 was honestly one of, if not the, nicest hostel I've ever stayed in. The room was spacious and well organized. The bed was comfortable, neither too soft nor too hard, which is a rarity in Asia. The shower was great; the high water pressure could've stripped the gray off an elephant and very hot water. The staff were excellent, friendly, and informative. Their English was great, too. The location was also amazing (located between 2 subway stops and could see Taipei 101 from our room

Formosa 101 was amazing! I couldn't think of a better place to stay in Taipei. The location is great (only a 10-15 min. walk to Taipei 101), with plenty of food and coffee shops nearby. The decorations in the hostel are industrial-like and modern, with a nice lounge to meet other people. Ann and Coke were the best! They were helpful in guiding me around the city, fun to talk to, and just gave great hospitality. I would highly recommend this hostel to any travelers.

• 24th Feb 2015

Nice hostel with AMAZING staff. Ann was absolutely wonderful and nice. She was super helpful be it with food recommendations and transportation issues and everything else under the sun. Intended to stay here for a night but ended up extending my stay in this lovely place. Best hostel in Taipei because of it's staff. Will definitely come back here.

• 24th Feb 2015