Formosa 101 Reviews

No. 115, Section 2, Jilong(Keelung) Rd, Xinyi District, Taipei, Taiwan

Formosa 101 was honestly one of, if not the, nicest hostel I've ever stayed in. The room was spacious and well organized. The bed was comfortable, neither too soft nor too hard, which is a rarity in Asia. The shower was great; the high water pressure could've stripped the gray off an elephant and very hot water. The staff were excellent, friendly, and informative. Their English was great, too. The location was also amazing (located between 2 subway stops and could see Taipei 101 from our room

Great hostel! Friendly staff. Good basic breakfast included and has everything else you would need too.

• 19th Feb 2015

I traveled alone and I chose to stay in Formosa 101. The rooms are very clean and there is a power plug by each bed. The living room is very comfortable and a great place to meet different people. However, the TV remote is hard to use. But, I'm not in Taipei to watch TV, so not a big deal. The staff are very friendly and very helpful. The place centrally located: walking distance from metro station, from Taipei 101, different bars and clubs, and a night market. I would definitely be back

• 15th Feb 2015

I stayed at formosa 101 for four nights. Cola and Vanessa were awesome! Location is excellent, right in the city center and the subway can take you to anywhere you need to go. Security is great, everything is locked/unlocked via a RFID card. I was recommended this hostel by my coworker and was not let down! I'll be staying at this hostel eveytime I'm in Taiwan!

• 12th Feb 2015

When every clerks go home, it would be great if there's any ways to contact them. I was very uncomfortable when washing machine didn't work at midnight. I needed to wash my clothes and dry it to wear next day. I could not contact with anyone in that hostel, so I had to wash it with my hands...:(

• 10th Feb 2015
  • South Korea

Bit of a walk away from the Taipei 101 MRT station, but relatively easy to find. I stayed here for the better part of a week, and had an amazing time. Coke and Jenny were extremely friendly and helpful, giving suggestions and providing tips for almost everything I wanted to do. Atmosphere is great for meeting people. Had a blast here, would stay again.

The hostel is perfect! I stated in female form for 1 night, girls are really nice and room is quiet in night time. All staff are friendly and helpful. definitely will choose here next time!

The rooms were extremely clean and comfortable. It is well-located and easily accesible. The staff are friendly and helpful. One of the best hostels I have ever stayed at! Absolutely first rate!

I stayed 3 nights at Formosa 101 and loved it. Jenny, the head staff member, was an amazing host. She gave us a tour of the facilities and then gave great suggestions and descriptions of activities, events, locations etc of things we were interested in doing. Our room was comfortable and access to the lockers and front door was via key cards which was convenient. Location is excellent with multiple metro stops nearby and across the street there was a night market for local food and shops.

• 16th Jan 2015

Centrally located, not a bargain for the price of the room for sure...you can get hotels same price! Room was also very basic and small with no windows! Bed not very comfortable...On the positive, staff was really nice (in particular a guy called Coke..thumbs up!) Shower was hot and with good jet...loved it!

Dear friend, Thanks very much for your review. For the private room, we provide different options, you can also choose the room with window. We are happy that you enjoyed our service.

All staffs in this hostel are so nice. They provide very good information for tourist. Location is prefect, close to 101 n MTR, Staff Ann n Jenny are very nice, appreciate for their help,also the male staff, forget his name,he is also very nice,also the boss, she is so friendly, I had live the hostel for twice. I love the hostel, will live their again next time.

Jenny was awesome: friendly and helpful for recommending stuff. Location is decent as it is close to many restaurants and stores.. And of course Taipei 101.

A good range of amenities & shops in the area, including a bike sharing station and a barely touristy night market. Building's lift lobby is well lit. You need an access card to enter the hostel and to open your locker, so that worked out fine for me security wise. My overnight Boston bag went in the locker well lengthwise, with space for more stuff. Almost everything you'd need is provided for, and the staff are friendly and helpful. Free bread and coffee in the mornings if you're into that.

Great place to stay in Taipei, close to a night market and Taipei 101. Simple but free breakfast and amazing staff. Jenny, you're the "most amazingest"! HICan't wait to sip some sake under the cherry trees with you (^-^)/

Perfect for visiting Taipei 101 and who could ask for a better way marker than the tallest building on the planet, helps that the rest of Taipei is under 30 stories. What you might not twig is that gives you great access to the near walking trails on the surrounding mountains. Being Taipei there's a night market just across the road and some great maps inside showing what to eat

Great stay!

Very nice place, clean and quite safe coz there is a locker for your stuff. Location are perfect. Easy to find and and very close to MRT. People are kind. Thanks to Jeanny, Coke and Ana.. They very friendly and helpfull. Perfect!! Owner are very nice too.

• 28th Dec 2014
  • Indonesia

I rarely give such a high grade, but Formosa 101 deserves it. Sadly I only stayed there one night. The hostel is clean, the showers are great, and the staff is friendly. There is a very nice night market close by, and the subway station is also not too far away. Highly recommended.

A nice place to stay, central and easy to find. Free toast with fresh coffee in the morning! On Christmas day they left little presents at the foot of everyone's beds! :D The bathrooms and showers are far from the dorm rooms.

thank you for great and unforgettable hospitality.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4