Formosa 101 Reviews

No. 115, Section 2, Jilong(Keelung) Rd, Xinyi District, Taipei, Taiwan

Curtains for the bunkbeds would have been nice but otherwise it´s a great place to stay.

• 15th Apr 2014
  • Japan

formosa超级棒,强烈推荐喔,地段很中心,服务也是一级棒,还有一个超级帅的日本小哥嘻嘻嘻

• 14th Apr 2014
  • China

Not bad. i satisfied my single room. But bathroom is too small and not clear, also restrooms are same. Other thing is good!

all the guests were friendly. living room was lovely. Shower area was nice but lacked privacy. just a curtain from the shower area to the hallway would be nice, maybe some circular shower curtains around each of the 4 stalls: http://www.amazon.com/Zenith-Products-Adjustable-Single-Curved/dp/B004VLVU7Q/ref=sr_1_1?s=bedbath&ie=UTF8&qid=1397537489&sr=1-1&keywords=curved

The owner of the hostel was so friendly - she told me some nice places to go and see sights which was very helpful. There is also a small breakfast included (Tea or coffee and Toast). The atmosphere was awesome and this hostel is probably the best I have ever seen - in 3 words: clean, central, kind.

I had a great stay at Formosa 101, even though my room did not have a window ! But the staff is very nice and helpful !

Location is awesome. Very easy to travel around using the metro. The staff were nice and accommodating. Good comon area to meet new people and relax.

• 1st Apr 2014

Very good location and a map and suggestions were provided. Also, the free breakfast was a surprise! Friendly and helpful staff.

• 30th Mar 2014

Really Good. Everybody should stay at Formosa 101.

• 27th Mar 2014
  • Sweden

Good hostel with a great and friendly staff. The only drawback is the tourism advice from the staff, which is very basic, but there are many books and maps in the hostel to help you.

I lived there for 7 days, at first I only booked 2 days there, but when I started to live there, I found this hostel is really like home, the manager there talked to me patiently why the students demonstrated, we shared our attitudes towards in-depth travel. I love this place, and next time when I come back to Taipei, I will still choose this hostel. The hostel is just located on the other side of an night market, and the night market is traditional market in the day, selling fruit.

Very nice hostel; clean, safe, caring hosts and a lot of friendly people there!

One of the best hostels I have ever stayed in Taiwan.

Thank you for the wonderful hospitality! The facilities are great and the general areas are very clean. However, i think under the bed needs some vacuuming. Thank you for each bedside lamp, it is very thoughtful and the high tech lockers. The security guard is very friendly and the night market across the road is very convenient for a late night fix.

The hostel was beautiful and clean. It provided a good place for me to stay and to meet new friends. And the location is very convenient, as there is a night market nearby. Staff members are nice, talkative and helpful.

• 13th Mar 2014
  • Hong Kong

Really enjoyed staying here and even stayed for a week. Staff are very friendly and go out of their way to help and provide information

The hostel is few months old, the dorms, private rooms & shower are all new, locker is electronic lock with cards and free breakfast in the morning. As a girl, the tiny downside is shower and toilets. There is only 4 shower stalls in a small area, each stall faces each other, and it is unisex; in addition, there's only 3 toilet stalls and two huge sinks. Given that this hostel has 4 dorms, each can sleep with 8 people, if its high season, i would imagine the shower and toilet will be overcrowded

• 13th Mar 2014

I have never, ever had better customer service in a hostel. One of my friends left her passport in the cab, and the staff was incredibly helpful with getting it back. He went above and beyond in this regard, giving a tour of the hostel and letting me know when my friends arrived, even though it was late at night. The only complaint I have is that the toilet area was fairly dirty and could use some better upkeep. But the excellent customer service will lead me to stay here again if I come back.

The shower room is not convenent. It was divided into 4 rooms. With the main door open. And you dunno where to place your clothes without getting wet. Unless you put it outside which is quite embrassing. And you can hear the noise from next door. Anyhow the place overall is clean and tidy. Nice place to stop by.

Very cosy and clean place to spend the night. Superb location, night market is just opposite the road, Taipei 101 is 10mins away. Helpful and friendly staffs, special shout out to Vanessa!

• 8th Mar 2014