Formosa 101 Reviews

No. 115, Section 2, Jilong(Keelung) Rd, Xinyi District, Taipei, Taiwan

Staff were very helpful, especially jenny. Some milk for the coffee at breakfast would be the cats pyjamas

• 21st Oct 2014
  • Scotland

I will defitnitely choose it again if I have the chance to visit Taipei

• 16th Oct 2014
  • Malaysia

The directions online were a bit confusing, but once you reach the street it's on, it's easy to find. It is located in a prosperous district, and the proximity of the MRT and night market is very convenient. It's also about a 30 minute walk to Elephant Mountain. The staff is very helpful and friendly, and are immediately welcoming upon arrival. They all speak very good English and are able to accommodate you in anyway. I like how the hostel requires you to remove your shoes.

• 10th Oct 2014

Very nice!

• 9th Oct 2014
  • China

Although the staff was very nice and helpful, I think something needs to be done about the noise level in the lounge after 10PM. My stay could've been better if people in the lounge had been more quiet. They woke me up a couple of times because they were drinking, jumping, and screaming in there until 3am.

• 7th Oct 2014

I stayed here for 2 nights and found the place informative, clean, and cool. Peter, the guy at the front desk was extremely helpful in planning out my days as well as just being an overall friendly guy to chat with. Beds were sturdy, lockers were secure, and the place was well-kept. Would definitely stay here again/recommend to others.

Really enjoyed my stay here—I'd highly recommend it. The staff is especially great. They were super helpful in giving me ideas of places to visit in Taipei and helping me plan my stay. The location is also nice—right next to a night market where you can get delicious (and perfectly safe) food until about 12:30am. It's also close to Taipei 101 and it's easy to get to from the main international airport, TPE. I took a Air Bus to the Grand Hyatt and it's just a short walk from there.

A very nice hostel, helpful and polite staff and an excellent location.

It's a really amazing place. I had a wonderful stay there! Location is good, near MRT station. Staff is so helpful and hospitality. Very clean. Living room is so cute!

• 22nd Sep 2014
  • Taiwan

I've stayed here and at their other location (JV Hostel) many times and I keep coming back. The staff are awesome, friendly and fun and that's half of the reason I go back. They also have a nice common area to hang out and meet other guests and it's very clean. The location is perfect, close to everything important in Taipei and right next to a cool night market. One of the best hostels I've stayed in and obviously I would recommend it.

I just 3 days stay in Formosa101, but i can't forget about that guest house. Anywhere clean and cool. The location is close to 101 building, night market, maccas and line MRT. Finally, manager Ann is kindness itself and so cute girl. That’s my point : )

• South Korea

The location is excellent as it is just a short walk from the brown MRT line. The staff are very friendly and will know your name even though the only time they saw it was when they looked at your passport. There's a free breakfast which is a lovely addition.

• 13th Sep 2014

Clean and Nice location, Staff are helpful, highly recommend!

• China

i was in the deluxe private with ensuite. had a stunning view of taipei 101. clean room, very spacious, short walk to taipei 101, and such wonderful staff. i didnt get his name and a guy at the front desk helped me organise my day and he was a pleasure to deal with!!

• 11th Sep 2014

I've spent a couple of days here while looking for an apartment in Taipei. The location is really good. Just a couple of minutes to the MRT and Taipei 101, there is a nightmarket across the street and all good clubs/bars can be reached within 10-20 minutes by foot. The staff was also really helpful and friendly and gave really good tips for eating out and sightseeing. Would definitely come again

• 8th Sep 2014

I really miss my stay there in Taipei in this hostel ,for the people there,I mean, the whole staffs were duper hospitable and helpful and there were lots of backpackers who were quite nice as well and made you feel at home all the time.And most importantly,the location of the hostel is quite adjacent to the metro.In a word,the hostel is highly recommended.

what make my taipei trip nice was this hostel. Im really appreciate how staff helped me. I just came taipei without plan and the staffs helped me to make plans. atmosphere were also awesome. its very nice place to be friend with other travellers. i want to recommend this hostel to my friend!

• 29th Aug 2014
  • South Korea

Another fabulous hostel let down by the worryingly prolific presence of pretentious white people on a Buddhist mission across Asia... Cause no one else has ever done that before!

This hostel is by far the best hostel I've stayed in so far in my travels. The location is fantastic, just around the corner from Taipei 101 and over the road from a great night market. The staff are so friendly, speak great English and are very knowledgeable about Taipei and are more than willing to help you with any problem. The beds are comfy and the hostel is very clean! Can't wait to go back to Taipei just to visit Formosa 101 again!

I loved Formosa 101. Very close to the MRT, night market, clubs and restaurants. Rooms and toilets were clean. The staff was very friendly and and always ready to help. Co-ed showers and toilets could be a problem for someone but to me it was ok. I would definitely go there again!

• 25th Aug 2014