Formosa 101 Reviews

No. 115, Section 2, Jilong(Keelung) Rd, Xinyi District, Taipei, Taiwan

i was in the deluxe private with ensuite. had a stunning view of taipei 101. clean room, very spacious, short walk to taipei 101, and such wonderful staff. i didnt get his name and a guy at the front desk helped me organise my day and he was a pleasure to deal with!!

• 11th Sep 2014

I really miss my stay there in Taipei in this hostel ,for the people there,I mean, the whole staffs were duper hospitable and helpful and there were lots of backpackers who were quite nice as well and made you feel at home all the time.And most importantly,the location of the hostel is quite adjacent to the metro.In a word,the hostel is highly recommended.

what make my taipei trip nice was this hostel. Im really appreciate how staff helped me. I just came taipei without plan and the staffs helped me to make plans. atmosphere were also awesome. its very nice place to be friend with other travellers. i want to recommend this hostel to my friend!

• 29th Aug 2014
  • South Korea

Another fabulous hostel let down by the worryingly prolific presence of pretentious white people on a Buddhist mission across Asia... Cause no one else has ever done that before!

This hostel is by far the best hostel I've stayed in so far in my travels. The location is fantastic, just around the corner from Taipei 101 and over the road from a great night market. The staff are so friendly, speak great English and are very knowledgeable about Taipei and are more than willing to help you with any problem. The beds are comfy and the hostel is very clean! Can't wait to go back to Taipei just to visit Formosa 101 again!

I loved Formosa 101. Very close to the MRT, night market, clubs and restaurants. Rooms and toilets were clean. The staff was very friendly and and always ready to help. Co-ed showers and toilets could be a problem for someone but to me it was ok. I would definitely go there again!

• 25th Aug 2014
  • Sweden

Awesome hostel, price, and staff

Helpful and friendly (English speaking) staff. 24hour security. Close to 101 and opposite the night market. 5 minute walk to the metro. Every bed had a lamp, locker, plug socket. Wifi and washing machine. Would stay there again / recommend

great place to meet people, very friendly and helpful staff! had an awesome time there :)

I had a great stay at Formosa 101, staff was very welcoming and helping. Good location close to taipei 101. I'll probably go back there if I happen to visit Taipei again.

• 23rd Aug 2014

I stayed en-suite private twin Room was decorated so nice and clean. Staff are friendly. I highly recommend this hostel.

• 23rd Aug 2014
  • Japan

Fantastic location and relaxed and friendly staff. The shower stalls are a bit small and cramped, which is my only complaint. Otherwise, great hostel!

Very pleasant staff, particularly Wen-Ju Lee. Pleasantly clean and tastefully decorated. Very relaxed atmosphere. However, the dorm room had no windows and therefore no natural light so it was claustrophobic, but I guess space is limited in Taipei. There is also no kitchen but I think this is common in Taipei/Taiwan.

• 18th Aug 2014

The staff were extremely helpful. The location was great and the rooms very comfortable. I would recommend this hostel to friends

Without a doubt the best thing about Formosa 101 is the location, but everything else is excellent to. The staff was very kind and helped us have a really nice stay in Taipei.

Good location and very friendly staff.

• 15th Aug 2014
  • Scotland

Great place to meet fellow travelers.

I loved staying at this hostel! It has a great environment and very friendly and helpful staff. I ended up rebooking for later in my trip. The only thing that could be improved are the showers and sinks which are rather small and can easily feel overcrowded.

Coke was happy to do the above-and-beyond stuff, like helping me find out more information about an event I noticed occurring while I was walking around Taipei. The whole place is more than comfortable; it has a nice vibe and sense of design to it. Location's as central as you could want.

• 10th Aug 2014