Formosa 101 Reviews

No. 115, Section 2, Jilong(Keelung) Rd, Xinyi District, Taipei, Taiwan

Lovely front desk staff. Great location. Clean. Free breakfasts including Nutella!!!

Made many nice people in this trip. Enjoyed my stay there!

• 2nd Jan 2016
  • Singapore
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Good location. Very friendly and helpful staff. They even left a little present on Christmas day. The single room was spacious with desk and chair, great for those who need to work.

Great hostel, the best staff. I will certainly go back there when I'm in Taipei :)

Everything was great, the staff was super helpful and gave me advice on what to see in Taipei

Had such a great time with my stay here in Taipei. Its a really nice location near downtown and an awesome market across the street. Not to mention our host sweet little Ann always helpful whenever we needed. I would love to stay again next time I am around.

"Included breakfast" is a little bit of a generous description for toast and condiments and coffee. Otherwise, excellent little hostel, well equipped, friendly and helpful staff. Would stay again in a heartbeat.

My first hostel so I can't compare. BUT from my experience here at Formosa 101, it was perfect. Friendly staff, clean, secure, and it's right across from a night market where you could eat until you're stomach explodes. Not kidding. If you like to travel and eat, this is the place to stay.

• 3rd Nov 2015
  • Taiwan

Overall I'd recommend this hostel. The location is good (10 mins walk from MTR & next to a night market), security was great (big lockers in each room - but I didn't really feel the need to use them!) It was busy at the weekend but then very quiet during the week. The staff were helpful. The beds were basic but super comfy. A/C in all the rooms and free breakfast!

Clean room and a simple breakfast too. Free shampoo and shower gel. Who doesn't like free stuff right? A comfortable stay.

The hostel was amazing because the staff were so helpful. Tina: She deserves a raise! She was unbelievably sweet, funny, cute, and helpful and gave such great advice on what to see and what to do in Taipei especially the nightlife. She even gave me some free language tutoring, except all I learned was Ayyooo. Thumbs up for this hostel.

• 23rd Oct 2015

If you would like to find a good place to stay in Taipei, this hotel is a good choice.

Friendly and helpful staff. Great internet. Good location close to two tube lines. Did a nice hike up Elephant mountain. Downsides...dorm rooms very cramped, too many beds squeezed into one room. Also no sheets on the bed just a woolly blanket which I'm sure hadn't ever been washed, luckily we had our own sleep sheets. Communal area a bit too small for the size of the hostel.

Very Close to Taipei 101

Enjoyed stay ~very clean

Had a good 6 night stay here in a single room. Gets busy at weekends so book up in advance. Room was clean, single bed, desk area, chair and window. Absolutely perfect for anyone that needs to do any laptop time. Common area small, no real atmosphere but great place to stay for seeing Taipei. I would stay again. Noise levels managed well.

• 20th Sep 2015
  • Northern Ireland

Great location near good food and easy access to the metro. Anne was great.

Really enjoyed the environment and the recommendations on places to visit, not to mention the array of candy constantly in a tray at the front desk.

From experience, I have learnt that the hostel you stay in can make difference between an good trip and a bad one... Having said that, staying at Formosa 101 really did make my time in Taipei incredible. The staff at this hostel (Phoenix and Ann) are some of the warmest I have met, along with the awesome location near Taipei 101 and friendly atmosphere. My experience in Formosa 101 had made me feel welcome in Taipei indefinitely.

• 29th Aug 2015