Formosa 101 Reviews

No. 115, Section 2, Jilong(Keelung) Rd, Xinyi District, Taipei, Taiwan

Great atmosphere, fantastic and helpful staff. Very communal feeling in the common rooms.

Very friendly atmosphere, staff more than willing to answer questions about places to go/things to see. The only huge issue was that there weren't many cheap restaurants nearby, but apart from that, there were no huge problems.

I really liked your place and staff working there! Greetings for Coke and Ann! Everything was excellent! Keep up the good work! - Tom

• 26th Jul 2015
  • Poland

I spent 10 nights here and absolutely loved it. I stayed in a private single room which was lovely and clean with a great view of the street. I would definitely stay her again!

• 20th Jul 2015

I felt so safe here. Always left my stuff all over the place. The staff were super nice and helpful and we're constantly making sure the place was clean. The hostel is centrally located but I still found it took at least 20 minutes to get to points of interest. It just seemed like long walks when it was so hot and I didn't know how to use the bus. Good price for beds.

This place is amazing, friendly staff and great location. Their showers provide soap and shampoo and the rooms are always chilled to perfection. They have secure key card doors and lockers in each room. The beds are really comfortable and the people you meet traveling are very friendly and nice! The rooms are very clean and some have beautiful views of Taipei 101. I highly recommend this hostel.

• 18th Jul 2015

Good location, really cool street market across the road. Staff are really friendly and helpful. They made special arrangements for me so I could check in on the middle of the night. I would definitely recommend.

Probably one of the best hostels I've ever been. Location's slightly far, a 10-min walk from Taipei 101 station but the hostel makes up for it. Formosa101's common room is amazing. Great vibe and has a good mix of travellers who are mostly young people. Clean rooms and toilet/shower facilities. Good wifi. Lockers are big enough for my 35-L backpack and still had lots of space left. No locks needed. Super friendly staff who were generous with support and advice! Highly recommended.

Loved this hostel! It's so clean, has a fun environment, and the employees are down to earth. So helpful with letting us know things to do in Taipei. The beds were also very comfy and your room key opens a large locker to store any valuables. Only down side was the public bathrooms and shower, not super nice.

Thank you Formosa 101 for a lovely stay. Especially thanks to Phoenix, Coke and Ann - 谢谢你们的关心!

• 12th Jun 2015
  • Scotland

This is a great hostel! Great atmosphere, great staff, adn also very near to the night market. Can't wait to go back here. Coke, Phoenix, i missed you already!

• 1st Jun 2015
  • Indonesia

Had an amazing time at this hostel. The staff Phoenix and Coke are amazing and extremely helpful. Hostel is right across the street from one of the night markets where I conveniently was able to eat some of the best food at.

• 30th May 2015

Formosa 101 is one of the best hostels I've stayed in. I was there for two nights, staying in the female dormitories . We couldn't find the hostel though when we first arrived, only because they said we should turn left from exit 2. From exit 2, you have to actually walk straight, past the traffic lights , and turn left at the next one and walk down the street. It takes about 10-15 min, depending on how first you walk. You can also just get a cab, which will only cost 70 NTD.Over all good place.

• 23rd May 2015
  • South Africa

Great experience! Good location! Super friendly staff. (Pheonix)

Pretty good social atmosphere to meet other travelers. Staff is very friendly. The ockers are big enough to fit in a large backpack.

I did enjoy my stay. and I'll be back definitely.

MRT 101-station 15 minutes walk. Nice, helpfull staff with lots of info. Dorms are a bit crampy (next bed on 50 cm distance) Reading lights in dorm are too bright. The whole dorm is lit when some one is reading! But the lockers are great. The only 2 toilets are in the back of the building. No english news channel on large tv. Breakfast too late: only after 08.30. Towels for rent? Come on, why not included for this price? Laundry machine and dryer are good & clean.

Dear friend, thanks very much for your comment. There are some misunderstanding. There are 4 toilets, not 2. Next to the TV (attached on the wall) is the list of all English channels: 26 English, including HBO, CNN, BBC, MTV, FOX etc etc... Also, the breakfast starts from 8am, not 8:30am. Our website and Hostelworld clearly describes our towel rental policy: unlike hotels or motels, we do not provide free towels (please keep in mind: cost of rental is 0.8 Euro). Thanks for visiting us!

The staffs are the nicest staffs I ever encountered throughout my experiences in staying in hostels. The bathroom is sometime smelly (it smell nice most of the time).

• 19th Apr 2015
  • Thailand

I've stayed here for one week. The hostel stuffs were really friendly. When I stayed in Taipei for the last night. I decided to check out to stay in the Songshan Airport for the whole night. Unfortunately, the airport closed at night!!! I had nowhere to go but came back to the hostel with no room left.But the stuff was so nice that allow me to sleep in the sofa for the night. Thank you! Really love u guys!

Everything was great at Formosa 101. It was clean and the staff were very friendly and helpful. Couldn't ask for more, 5 stars!

• 11th Apr 2015