Formosa Backpackers Hostel Reviews

206 Jian Guo Road, Hualien City, Hualien, Taiwan

Formosa has the potentiol to be a very great hostel. The entrance is awesome I loved the little Bar where you can get a drink. The design is awesome. Bikes rental deal was amazing. 5 hours for $150. But the toilet was average. Shower head was broken, a bit smelly and Mattress was very soft. All in all it was Ok :)

The staff are very friendly, and informative. She provided me a local "foodie" map to find the good food around! The hostel also provides Bikes that are free for the first 4 hours! The rooms are spacious, and has an indoor and outdoor common area. The beds are comfortable, just that I hit my head on the upper bed frame a few times. There are no lockers in the room though, which can be alittle inconvenient.

Dated decor. Very good atmosphere full of young backpackers. It did feel like I time travelled back in time to 15 years ago though. The world has moved on in terms of hostel standards and it's high time this hostel was refurbished. What was quaint and 'atmospheric' then is now merely below standards especially since this is Taiwan.

Cosy bar and very helpful staff! It was raibing and they organized a movie evening.

This hostel had some great potential, but unfortunately we found it to be rather empty and In all honesty a little boring. We as a result tried to only come back when we needed to sleep. The girl working there was very lovely though.

• 10th Nov 2014

The room was bright and clean and the staff was very helpful and did creat a Nice atmosphere

Stayed here for two nights. 15-20mins walk from the station. The room was good, but on the second day, me and my sister woke up with itchy and found a lot of small bump on our hand and legs. :(( My sister said when she proceed to check in, the room not cleaned from previous guests. We report to hostel staff and she gave us an ointment to reduce the itchy. She's very friendly and helpful tho. Anw, the hostel have some bicycle, and we can use it to explore the city, for free (yeyy!)

다양한 활동들이 마련되어 있어 준비를 하지않고 즉흥여행을 하시는 분들에게 적합할듯 합니다 비교적 기차역에서 멀긴하지만 스탭분 너무 친절하고 방도깨끗!! 가격도 저렴!! 한국분들 별로없고 거의 서양분들이 계시더라구요!!직원분 영어잘하시니 중국어못하시는분들도 걱정 말고 방문하세요!

• 31st Oct 2014
  • South Korea

it advertised to be close to the train station - this is not true

Nice cozy place. Only stayed two night, visiting Tarako and walking around town so didn't spend alot of time at the hostel, but seemed like a place to meet other travelers. Clean rooms.

Very nice and very friendly staff. I definitely recommend this hostel!

A very nice hostel, friendly helpful staff and the way the building is set up is really perfect

Close to night market and train station, good place to meet other travellers and friendly, helpful staff. Would stay here again.

15 mins walking to city center,15 mins walking to train station.kind and helpful staff. noisy if some guests talk aloud.

Friendly staff and boss, great hostel/library/bar vibes, great city!

I stayed for two nights at Formosa Backpackers Hostel, it was great ! I met great people, and the bar sells nice beverage, which is a good thing after a long walking day !

• 27th Sep 2014

Merci Nicolas,really.....you make us super happy when we know you enjoy your time stay with us,and we will keep our good work for the hostel. Hope to see you again in hualien,Formosa backpacker always your home in taiwan.

the hostel is very nice! very cleaning and convenience.the staff is very frendly.i like it

Thank you Hanna,it was great to know you had great time stay with us. It make us really really happy and super positive when we know guests are enjoy staying with us!! Formosa backpackers is always your home in Taiwan,you bringing joy to us, What a beautiful day

The hostel is clean, the staffs are helpful and friendly. It is worth the money. But when i was there, not many guests are there. So the living room look lifeless. I was at top floor that I need to climb alot of stairs before I reach my room. I can heard people walking to the rooftop, and feel the vibration and noise from my neighbor while they are doing some action-love movie in their room.

Enjoy your day,and sorry about the guest making noise, Still,hope to see you again in hualien,and all the best!!

very nice and cosy hostel. the atmosphere was very chill and staff was helpful.

• 12th Sep 2014

Tobias,It was very happy to know that you have good time stay with us and we hope to see you again in hualien :) you are part of family

Very nice staff and amazing structure of the hostel!

Hola Felipe! It was super to have you stay with us,and we are so happpyy to know that you had great time here. We hope to see you again in taiwan,and formosa backpackers is always your home in hualien,Super!!

« first « Prev 1 2 3