Formosa Backpackers Hostel Reviews

206 Jian Guo Road, Hualien City, Hualien, Taiwan

the hostel is very nice! very cleaning and convenience.the staff is very frendly.i like it

The hostel is clean, the staffs are helpful and friendly. It is worth the money. But when i was there, not many guests are there. So the living room look lifeless. I was at top floor that I need to climb alot of stairs before I reach my room. I can heard people walking to the rooftop, and feel the vibration and noise from my neighbor while they are doing some action-love movie in their room.

very nice and cosy hostel. the atmosphere was very chill and staff was helpful.

• 12th Sep 2014

Tobias,It was very happy to know that you have good time stay with us and we hope to see you again in hualien :) you are part of family

Very nice staff and amazing structure of the hostel!

Nice interior design, very cool and stylish. Facilities were very clean and spacious. Staff were friendly and helpful.

Cheers Erin,it was awesome to have you,and really happy to know you have great time here,yes! We hope to see you again. you are part of Formosa backpackers family :) Enjoy your day,and have nice trip!

Staff is very friendly and helpful. Location good. Cleanliness decent - seen better, seen worse. They need to throw away the nasty shower curtain, use one much shorter, and clean 2B bathroom a lot more. Beds are pretty comfortable. Air con cold, when it's working. Kitchen facilities lacking - microwave was broken, fridge kind of gross. Laundry was also uncertain (I went to a laundromat instead). I was pleased with my stay overall, though, and I would stay here again. Solo female traveler.

Thank you Lindsey,its good to know you enjoy your stay with us,and we will take your advices,and hope to see you again in hualien,bon voyage!!

Very nice atmosphere, the owner is also very friendly, she send us back some staff we left there. I would definitely recommend this place:) If you ask early enough, you can lend a bike for a few hours and go to the beach. Cool place to see the beauty of the Taiwanese east coast and meet people. We had an own room which a bit was small, but the bed was very comfy, I liked it:)

Thank you Alex :) It was great to have you stay with us,and we are very happy to know you enjoy your stay here. You guys bring us sunshine and beautiful ,and hope to see you again in Hualien. Bon voyage,my friends!

The hostel has a charming atmosphere. They have a piano and a guitar you can use at their common area-really a unique plus for me :) Room was spacious and clean. One of the bathrooms could've used a bit more cleaning but nothing too bad and there were other bathrooms as well.

the hostel is about a 15 min walk from the trainstation. I took a taxi which was convenient and paid around NT 100.- the hostel has a cool library (not a bookexchange). The rooms are very spacious and bright. the staff is very friendly and helpful. my stay felt very warm and personal. the common room is fantastic with several instruments. it's the only hostel I've ever been where you can come back after hiking and there's a guy playing Beethoven on the piano in the common room -very cool

Thank you Nicolas,we also very happy to hear Beethoven music and also know you have great time stay with Formosa backpackers. it was great to meet you and the book you donated to our library can share with the other travelers,that is awesome! Hope to see you again in taiwan,stay awesome!!

very closed to bus, train and subway station(they are sticked to each others)! feel like home. staff is super nice, helped me get taxi and made it easy for me to go to SHE's concert. thank you!

The staff was very nice and helpful !! I think everyone must like this hostel !! :) from HK

謝謝你達文,it was very nice to meet you and have you stay with us,hope to see you again,and you make us very happy that you had great time in formosa backpackers, and we will keep our good works ,cheers!

Great hostel. Loved the piano and library in the common room. My single room was very new, and extremely clean and comfortable. As was the bathroom. Unfortunately, the wifi doesn't extend to the upper floors. Friendly and helpful staff as well. 10-15 minute walk from the train station. One of the nicest, cleanest hostels I've stayed in.

Thank you Stuart, it was really great to know that you enjoy your time stay with us. You bring us a good positive energy,that make us keeping good works and happy :) We really hope to see you again one day,and enjoy your beautiful day.

The mattresses were soft and comfortable, and the staff helped us arrange a scooter rental, which is the best way to see Taroko Gorge. The only suggestion that I have is to add a curtain over the small window that faces the bathroom above the bunk bed that is under the window on the 1st floor, 6 bed dorm room. It was very bright every time someone went to the bathroom during the night; when they turned on the light it shone very brightly in my face.

Hello Callie, it was great to have you stay with us,and we will take your advice,and put the curtain on the window for sure. It was really nice to meet you and hope to see you again when you in taiwan :) Have nice journey!bon voyage!!

Staff was really nice! Providing me with all the information about hualien and the surroundings. Was able to rent a scooter and book tours via the hostel. Great bar in which i had the luck of meeting some great people. Nick

• 2nd Aug 2014

Thank you Nick,we are very happy to know you had great time in hualien and we can help you all the travel info and tours you need,we will keep our good works for the travelers,and hope to see you guys again . Bon voyage!

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed. The staff was extremely nice. She is english speaker and she helped us with the tourism routes, booking trains and hostels for the next destination. The lobby is really pleasant because the bar that is inside, and many backpackers hanging out there. Hope to come again tu Hualien and Formosa Hostel!

Thank you Maria,its good to know you have great time stay with us,and. we are very happy to meet you and your friend,we will keep our good work and help all the travelers need. Hope to see you both again and bon voyage!

Daniel is quite welcoming and took us for the trip himself as guide. the bar on the first floor is nice as well.

I think that you will really like the hostel. it's got a movie night , a barbers service , tours are excellent, It's got really good second hand books [ by the why, they have them in the rooms] and you can rent bikes. you will love the hostel, and you can write a message on the wall. The Spooner family & Stuart. Written by Yan (aged 10)

I thoroughly enjoyed staying at Formosa. The private room is basic but very clean and the air conditioner made it extra comfortable. The staff are very friendly and full of helpful advice. I had a very relaxing stay at Formosa and look forward to staying again.

Thank you Joseph,we are very happy to know that you have comfortable stay at our backpackers,and we will keep doing our good work for our guest and hope to see you again in Taiwan enjoy your journey

超赞的一家店,概念很好,staff都很好很可爱,超喜欢这家店,火车站走过来十五到二十分钟,很多西方背包客,能认识很多朋友

We stayed here for 2 nights. For the money it is pretty worth it but our beds were pretty uncomfortable mattresses on the ground and we also felt pretty itchy sleeping on them at night. The walls are also very thin and it can be pretty loud in the morning especially if you are close to the stairs. There is only one bathroom and shower per floor and each floors is different but they are relatively clean. Staff is friendly and helpful and it is cheap and clean for a short stay.

Hello Samantha,it was really nice to meet you,and hope to see you guys again in hualien,enjoy your time in taiwan.

« first « Prev 1 2 3