Formosa Backpackers Hostel Reviews

206 Jian Guo Road, Hualien City, Hualien, Taiwan

Nice cozy place. Only stayed two night, visiting Tarako and walking around town so didn't spend alot of time at the hostel, but seemed like a place to meet other travelers. Clean rooms.

A very nice hostel, friendly helpful staff and the way the building is set up is really perfect

• 11th Oct 2014

Close to night market and train station, good place to meet other travellers and friendly, helpful staff. Would stay here again.

15 mins walking to city center,15 mins walking to train station.kind and helpful staff. noisy if some guests talk aloud.

Friendly staff and boss, great hostel/library/bar vibes, great city!

I stayed for two nights at Formosa Backpackers Hostel, it was great ! I met great people, and the bar sells nice beverage, which is a good thing after a long walking day !

• 27th Sep 2014

Merci Nicolas,really.....you make us super happy when we know you enjoy your time stay with us,and we will keep our good work for the hostel. Hope to see you again in hualien,Formosa backpacker always your home in taiwan.

the hostel is very nice! very cleaning and convenience.the staff is very frendly.i like it

Thank you Hanna,it was great to know you had great time stay with us. It make us really really happy and super positive when we know guests are enjoy staying with us!! Formosa backpackers is always your home in Taiwan,you bringing joy to us, What a beautiful day

The hostel is clean, the staffs are helpful and friendly. It is worth the money. But when i was there, not many guests are there. So the living room look lifeless. I was at top floor that I need to climb alot of stairs before I reach my room. I can heard people walking to the rooftop, and feel the vibration and noise from my neighbor while they are doing some action-love movie in their room.

Enjoy your day,and sorry about the guest making noise, Still,hope to see you again in hualien,and all the best!!

very nice and cosy hostel. the atmosphere was very chill and staff was helpful.

• 12th Sep 2014

Tobias,It was very happy to know that you have good time stay with us and we hope to see you again in hualien :) you are part of family

Very nice staff and amazing structure of the hostel!

Hola Felipe! It was super to have you stay with us,and we are so happpyy to know that you had great time here. We hope to see you again in taiwan,and formosa backpackers is always your home in hualien,Super!!

Nice interior design, very cool and stylish. Facilities were very clean and spacious. Staff were friendly and helpful.

Cheers Erin,it was awesome to have you,and really happy to know you have great time here,yes! We hope to see you again. you are part of Formosa backpackers family :) Enjoy your day,and have nice trip!

Staff is very friendly and helpful. Location good. Cleanliness decent - seen better, seen worse. They need to throw away the nasty shower curtain, use one much shorter, and clean 2B bathroom a lot more. Beds are pretty comfortable. Air con cold, when it's working. Kitchen facilities lacking - microwave was broken, fridge kind of gross. Laundry was also uncertain (I went to a laundromat instead). I was pleased with my stay overall, though, and I would stay here again. Solo female traveler.

Thank you Lindsey,its good to know you enjoy your stay with us,and we will take your advices,and hope to see you again in hualien,bon voyage!!

Very nice atmosphere, the owner is also very friendly, she send us back some staff we left there. I would definitely recommend this place:) If you ask early enough, you can lend a bike for a few hours and go to the beach. Cool place to see the beauty of the Taiwanese east coast and meet people. We had an own room which a bit was small, but the bed was very comfy, I liked it:)

Thank you Alex :) It was great to have you stay with us,and we are very happy to know you enjoy your stay here. You guys bring us sunshine and beautiful ,and hope to see you again in Hualien. Bon voyage,my friends!

The hostel has a charming atmosphere. They have a piano and a guitar you can use at their common area-really a unique plus for me :) Room was spacious and clean. One of the bathrooms could've used a bit more cleaning but nothing too bad and there were other bathrooms as well.

the hostel is about a 15 min walk from the trainstation. I took a taxi which was convenient and paid around NT 100.- the hostel has a cool library (not a bookexchange). The rooms are very spacious and bright. the staff is very friendly and helpful. my stay felt very warm and personal. the common room is fantastic with several instruments. it's the only hostel I've ever been where you can come back after hiking and there's a guy playing Beethoven on the piano in the common room -very cool

Thank you Nicolas,we also very happy to hear Beethoven music and also know you have great time stay with Formosa backpackers. it was great to meet you and the book you donated to our library can share with the other travelers,that is awesome! Hope to see you again in taiwan,stay awesome!!

very closed to bus, train and subway station(they are sticked to each others)! feel like home. staff is super nice, helped me get taxi and made it easy for me to go to SHE's concert. thank you!

The staff was very nice and helpful !! I think everyone must like this hostel !! :) from HK

謝謝你達文,it was very nice to meet you and have you stay with us,hope to see you again,and you make us very happy that you had great time in formosa backpackers, and we will keep our good works ,cheers!

Great hostel. Loved the piano and library in the common room. My single room was very new, and extremely clean and comfortable. As was the bathroom. Unfortunately, the wifi doesn't extend to the upper floors. Friendly and helpful staff as well. 10-15 minute walk from the train station. One of the nicest, cleanest hostels I've stayed in.

Thank you Stuart, it was really great to know that you enjoy your time stay with us. You bring us a good positive energy,that make us keeping good works and happy :) We really hope to see you again one day,and enjoy your beautiful day.

The mattresses were soft and comfortable, and the staff helped us arrange a scooter rental, which is the best way to see Taroko Gorge. The only suggestion that I have is to add a curtain over the small window that faces the bathroom above the bunk bed that is under the window on the 1st floor, 6 bed dorm room. It was very bright every time someone went to the bathroom during the night; when they turned on the light it shone very brightly in my face.

Hello Callie, it was great to have you stay with us,and we will take your advice,and put the curtain on the window for sure. It was really nice to meet you and hope to see you again when you in taiwan :) Have nice journey!bon voyage!!

Staff was really nice! Providing me with all the information about hualien and the surroundings. Was able to rent a scooter and book tours via the hostel. Great bar in which i had the luck of meeting some great people. Nick

• 2nd Aug 2014

Thank you Nick,we are very happy to know you had great time in hualien and we can help you all the travel info and tours you need,we will keep our good works for the travelers,and hope to see you guys again . Bon voyage!

« first « Prev 1 2 3