Formosa Backpackers Hostel Reviews

206 Jian Guo Road, Hualien City, Hualien, Taiwan

There's a nice cafe on the ground floor and staff was friendly. Our sheets had mildew stains and the hot water ran out quickly. Soap, shampoo, and towels were provided though. We stayed in a private double.

We really enjoyed our stay here, the staff and owner were so friendly and informative. We'll definitely be back in the summer!

Thank you Sam,it was great to meet you and your girlfriend.we hope to see you guys again,and enjoy your trip in the island.Please tell your friends traveling in Taiwan,and stay at Formosa Backpackers :)

We stayed two nights here for the New Year and it was great. Lovely room and garden. The owner was very nice and helpful, she even gave me a sip of whiskey when she learned that I was sick!

It was great to have you guys staying with us,and we hope to see you again in the future and enjoy your trip around the island :)

This was a really nice place to stay for the money. It was clean, comfortable, and close to all the town's amenities. The staff was kind and showed us a movie on their projector screen for free. Since we live in Taiwan, my girlfriend and I could happily return for a visit.

Thank you Michael,it was great to have you guys stay with us,we hope to see you again. enjoy your time in Taipei,all the best for you,have great new year!

Fomorsa is an amazing hostel. The staff is really welcoming, available and friendly ! Eddie (one of the staff's member) searched some information for me, gave me advice about what I can, helped me out to rent a scooter, he was just awesome ! Bathrooms are very clean, rooms also. Nice ambiance and atmosphere at the ground floor, which is a very modern cafe. They even show a movie in the evening. I highly recommend it ! 15min from the train station, 10min from a night market.

Thank you Lauriane,it was great to met you and we are very happy to know you had great stay with us,we hope to see you again and enjoy your trip and Bon voyage!! Tack tack!

This was a lovely, modern hostel with stylishly decorated rooms. The beds were comfy, bathroom was big with organic products. The coffee shop downstairs is really nice but I think because when we were there is was quite quiet, it wasn't always manned. The owner was really nice and friendly and had some great restaurant recommendations.

Thank you Lemeece,it was great to have you to stayed with us. we hope to see you again and enjoy your trip in Taiwan.

I enjoyed staying at the hostel. It was conveniently located and we'll staffed. Check in was easy, and everything we needed was there. The only issue I have is with how difficult it is to contact the staff after or before hours. Neither phone numbers we were provided with were answered, and we felt very sick with no way to get in contact with the staff.

Thank you Shannon,it was great to have you and your friends to stayed with us,we hope to see you again,and always welcome to come back to east coast.

The rooms and toilets were clean, and facilities were all well-equipped. The staff was also really friendly and helpful.

Great hostel with great staff. Has a very cozy, homely feel to it. There is a small cafe downstairs which also acts as a social area. Good location. Highly recommended!

Stayed in a single room on the 4th floor- clean and comfortable. The staff was wonderfully helpful, even giving me mochi to sample! Minor incident with a circuit going out at night, but it was quickly fixed. Walls are very thin, but as long as your neighbors are courteous, you're fine. Would definitely stay here again.

• 15th Aug 2015

It was really nice to meet you Stephanie,we hope to see you again in Hualien,and all the best to you!!