Fabulous 680 Total Reviews
Fabulous 680 Total Reviews
Formosa Backpackers & Apartment Located at 206 Jian Guo Road, Hualien City, Hualien.
Taiwan
Hualien 970 206 Jian Guo Road, Hualien City
89% 680
23.9840960 121.6007995
    Rooms available

• Netherlands, Male, 25-30
6th Sep 2016

Stayed in the deluxe en suite which was extremely nice and spacey. I would like to thank the staff again for helping me with everything. I highly recommend this place.

• jameswonglife
  • England, Couple, 25-30
1st Jul 2016

Booked the private deluxe double room. Very spacious and big! Cafe isnt open in he morning which is odd, because that's when i want coffee!

• Switzerland, Couple, 31-40
23rd Jun 2016

We stayed in the double ensuite, very spacious, clean and nicely furnished. The room has its own little garden which is great. The cafe that belongs to the hostel is very nice too, although it only opens around lunch - you have to find your breakfast somewhere else. Staff speaks good english and are very nice. 100% recommended.

• Australia, Female, 31-40
17th May 2016

Stayed in the Double Room with an ensuite. Super spacious, attention to detail and even had a backyard :) Cafe was had a scandinavian/industrial touch too it :) was much looked after! Would recommend staying 100%

Thank you,It was really great to know you had great time in Formosa Backpackers,and the room are spacious,our Garden View Double room has its own garden and outdoor shower,its great room to stay. Our new coffee shop is available making coffee and tea for guest everyday :)

10th May 2016
7.1

Check in time was around 3 in the afternoon but I was hoping to go early and at least keep my luggage. I arrived around 12 in noon but there wasn't anybody over there. Hostel was closed from outside so I couldn't even get in. I waited for half n hour but still no sign. Finally I left and came back around 2:30 and then was able go check in. Also there was mosquitos in my room and they don't have electronic mosquitos killer device but after I complained they managed to get me coil.

• Iceland, Female, 18-24
5th May 2016

I would recommend staying here as its a really nice place, with nice atmosphere - it was a bit further away from the train station than I expected but it's very easy to get around - you can even rent bikes from the hostel very cheap! The only issue I really had was with security- whilst you do feel safe I didn't receive a key for my room and the door didn't lock and the shower/bathroom wasn't great but otherwise a really nice hostel with absolutely fantastic, friendly and helpful staff!

Hello, This is Kay. Thank you for your review! I've told my owner about the keys you mentioned. I believe we'll figure it out very soon. By the way, thank you so much for the Iceland to-go lists, it really helps. Hope to see you again soon. Kay

• Netherlands, Female, 25-30
  • Globetrotter
17th Apr 2016

Easy to find! No free pick-up anymore, so just walk - it will take you 15-20 minutes. Facilities are fine. Spacious dorms and beds were ok. Lockers are provided. The cafe is nice! It's kind of a common room as well, since there is no other. No kitchen either - but no need for it. Find the night market to get yourself any food. Bathroom was good. Just one though. I was here during low season, so no need to wait. Staff is very friendly and helpfull! Their English is good!

• USA, Male, 25-30
15th Apr 2016

Great place to stay. If I'm ever back in Hualien, this is where I'll be. Helpful staff. Highly recommended.

• Australia, Male, 25-30
4th Apr 2016

The staff here are super nice and the coffee was excellent! I liked the relaxed common area and the bike hire is cheap. No stress at this place.

Hi Lachlan, thanks for your rating. Hope to see you again soon, do enjoy your trip~~ Cheers, Yachen and Kay